Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
neel

R-connect Charges

There are 3 plans for Reliance India Pnone(FWP : Fixed wireless Phone) / FWT (Fixed wireless Terminal)

The data access charge ( u may call it rent/isp charge or data access charge)

And the pulse unit charge for telephone is plan 500 is Rs. 1. 10/3mins  in day time  &  Rs. 1. 10 / 10 mins in night browsing

And the pulse unit charge for telephone is plan 1000 is Re. 1 per 3mins  in day time  &  Re. 1 per 10 mins in night browsing

And the pulse unit charge for telephone is plan 1500 is 90paisa/3mins  in day time  &  90paisa / 10 mins in night browsing

SO Guys...Total spending comes down to  :

For Plan 1500  : 24/=  in day time  & 10/=  in night browsing

For Plan 1000  : 26/=  in day time  & 12/=  in night browsing

For Plan 1500  : 28/=  in day time  & 14/=  in night browsing

For more information over the above Click here

hey neel,

can you tell me if Rs.200 mmonthly charges are for all R connect users or only for those who connect thro Reliance Mobiles, I am planing to connect by Reliance FWP for which I think there should be no monthly rental??

rajesh.

Edited by Chirag

Rs.200 sub charge for RIM. 10 paise per minute ISP charges for FWP & T.

I think using r connect is a bit expensive as if u use for 5 minutes you can end up paying for atleast 10 minutes 'coz it goes into dormancy then wakes up and u r charged for the call

If I am wrong please correc :lol: t me

Contrary to what u have said it is actually cheaper.Because u wont be charged for the time u r dormant.For example if u r using yahoo messenger , there will be very less data transfer . if u chat for maybe 1 hour . the data transfer will be maybe in the worst case scenario half an hour. so u r actually saving a lot of money :lol: And here comes the best part u can recieve incoming call while u r dormant :unsure: .But a small advice use r connect only while ur mobile because i found it very tasking on my battery

...But a small advice use r connect  only while ur mobile because i found it very tasking on my battery

Hi emmi,

I did'nt get this last one. Do you mean we should use rconnect only when outside?

If you have lg 2030, you could use it even at home without worrying about battery. It is possible by keeping the phone on the desktop charger while using rconnect so that it simultaneously gets charged.

Also, i'm not sure whether you don't get charged for mins while in dormancy mode...

Hi rajesh,

the 200/= rental for only RIM customers,

FYI.....some customers who are early bird users of RIM data access user i.e. who had active data in RIM by dialing *412 before(September)...i m not exactly confirmed abt from which month they were not charged this 200/= rental also...

Pls update this from customer care...RIM *333.

Hey do u know shaadi.com and Matricorp.com will be launching in RIM's classified colummn...so this is good news for those who are visiting Matrimonial site ,now they can chk through RIM...hahahaha:))

Do u have any update news abt Reliance Infocomm??

Neel...

Hi rajesh,

the 200/= rental for only RIM customers,

FYI.....some customers who are early bird users of RIM data access user i.e. who had active data in RIM by dialing *412 before(September)...i m not exactly confirmed abt from which month they were not charged this 200/= rental also...

Pls update this from customer care...RIM *333.

Hey do u know shaadi.com and Matricorp.com will be launching in RIM's classified colummn...so this is good news for those who are visiting Matrimonial site ,now they can chk through RIM...hahahaha:))

Do u have any update news abt Reliance Infocomm??

Neel...

hey neel,

thanks for the clarification but what i have noticed is although R connect shows speed of 115,000 bps, the actual speed is as low as 2KB/sec!! even a dial up connection is better than this stupid service....what do you think???? btw when is the classifieds coming on r world??

Rajesh

hey neel,

thanks for the clarification but what i have noticed is although R connect shows speed of 115,000 bps, the actual speed is as low as 2KB/sec!! even a dial up connection is better than this stupid service....what do you think???? btw when is the classifieds coming on r world??

Rajesh

The speed phone shows(115,000) is the max speed it supports..

Its not showing the amount of data coming through it..

The normal speed varies from 40-80kbps

when i say 80 kbps

1 kb/s = 8 kpbs

yes thats correct.

the 115200 that is shown in windows when the connection gets established is not the actual connection speed..

it's the speed at which the computer's serial port is communicating with the phones' data port...

it's by no way related to the internet connection speed, which actually depends upon network sterngth and the no. of usr undet one server

Monthly rental is for mobile users only, no rental for FWP users.

Just as a final confirmation (as if there is any such thing for Infocomm!):

FWP is cheapest for RConnect (no monthly fees)

Prepaid is cheaper than postpaid (for < 5.5 hours/month usage)

postpaid is cheaper than prepaid (for > 5.5 hrs/mth)

How did i get the magic 5.5 hrs?

200 monthly fees / 0.60 per min = 333 min = 5.5 hrs

Why 0.60/min?

Prepaid rconnect is 1.00/min compared to 0.40/min for postpaid

so the diff is ...

http://www.relianceinfo.com/Infocomm/html/...y_reckoner.html

However as a special promotional offer, customers who used R Connect before August 15, 2003 will get a 100 % waiver on Standard Plan R Connect monthly rental till June 30, 2004. Customers who used R Connect between August 16, 2003 to November 30, 2003 will get 50 % waiver on Standard R Connect monthly rental till June 30, 2004.

The promotion is on the Standard Plan only.

I hope this will clarify R Connect Monthly rentals (Rs.200).

The relianceinfo.com site says that for fwp/t the isp charges are collected prorata . ie for every minute you use rconnect a 10paisa will be charged in addition to call charges.

for relinace india mobile there is flat 200Rs/month charge if you use rconnect in additional to call charges

(40p/min)

So fwp is much economical that way if you do not insist upon mobile.

Why the relinace does not charge prorate for rel.mobile as well? any idea?

rgds

prasad

Hi anyone has Silver tariff plans

city02 what is the magic hour for silver plan?.

I wanted to go for gold plan ofter 2 months since my usage is increasing day by day. :D

Yeah :clap: but U can deactivate it if U r not using it for a couple of days. I don't remember the number you need to dial - may be some one can help - or U have that #333 Helpline.

The response takes minutes and U will not be charged on the days when it is deactivated.

Problem is that activation and deactivation charges will be effective in the next bill bill.

So if u think that i am not going to use the R-connect next month deactivate it in this month itself :clap:

I didn't understand . I think once you request deactivation - the process is finished in a matter of minutes, same holds true for re-activation.

Thus if you end up using only 15 days - you will get a service charge of Rs 100.

Do they charge for each De/Re Activation ? They didn't charge me any <_< - may be some one who has done frequently can throw further light. :quest:

Guess Mr. Code dint get wat he meant..

Suppose your billing cycle starts on 2nd of the month..

If your deactivation after the next billing cycle starts, you will be charged for that month too

So if you dont want that to happen, deactivate in the current bill cycle itself <_<

Hi Ashok - but only for those days- I thought/and still think.

Lets say I deactivated on 6th - then i get billing for 2-5 th i.e for 4 days only approx Rs 27.

Even if u activate for 1 hour or 1 day, you will be charged 200 in the bill

Even if u activate for 1 hour or 1 day, you will be charged 200 in the bill

No Ashok matey. its not like that. there is some equation they use for this. i was using that for around some 12 days and i was charged only 86.45 rupees. you can deactivate the service anytime by dialing *4120

:clap:

Absolutely right. Before seeing this page I had called cust.service and asked the same.

One "shilpa" replied saying that if you use activate and deactivate they will charge only prorata.

But I am not sure of quanta. May be it is a day( ie., even if you activate ,use and deactivate and this

whole thing took say an hour you may be still charged for a day 200/30 +actual call charges ( mins*40p) )

But it is still good that it is prorata. so we can use it as and when we want. and deactivate it .

best wishes

prasad