Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajendra.jindal

Nokia India - Cheating Case

HELLO FRIENDS,

THIS IS THE GREAT NEWS FOR ALL NOKIA HANDSET BUYERS AND USERS IN NAGPUR. WHENEVER ANYONE HAS A PROBLEM IN THEIR NEW HANDSET THEY JUST HAVE TO GO TO THE NOKIA CARE CENTRE IN NAGPUR AND SEE HOW THE GREAT TECHNICIANS WILL HELP YOU IN MAKING YOUR HANDSET DEAD.

IN LAST 1 MONTH, MY TWO FRIENDS HAD A SOFTWARE PROBLEM IN THEIR NEW NOKIA HANDSET, THEY WENT TO THE NOKIA PREMIUM SERVICE CENTRE i.e ANURAG MARKETING ,THEIR TECHNICIANS MADE THE PHONE DEAD IN JUST 1 HOUR AND SAID THEY WILL HAVE TO SEND IT TO LEVEL 3 SERVICE CENTRE. THEN AFTER 20 DAYS THEY GOT THEIR HANDSET BACK. AGAIN THEY FOUND THAT THE SAME PROBLEM CONTINUOUS. NOW THEY ARE AFRAID OF GOING TO NOKIA CARE CENTRE AND USING NOKIA HANDSETS.

SO BE AWARE OF ALL NOKIA CARE CENTRE.....

Same thing happens in hyderabad.Nokia care technicians are idiots.If the problem is very minor(Road side repair shops can do) they will repair.If the problem is little big they try to avoid by saying simply HANDSET IS WATER LOGGED AND WARRANTY IS NOT APPLICABLE OR HANDSET IS DROPPED, HARD DISK DAMANGED AND SO WARRANTY IS NOT VALID.If you insist that nothing has happened problem is different then they do something and make the phone finally DEAD. :confuse: :'(

I HAVE DECIDED NEVER TO BUY NOKIA IN REST OF MY LIFE AND NEVER TO ADVICE ANYONE TO GO FOR NOKIA

Dear friends,

Huge shock for me,

my case in consumer forum is now over for.After one year fight with nokia in consumer court AND atleat 25 visits to consumer court. it is finally over.

Now the shock is order .Court directed the NOKIA to either Repair or replace and reimburse court expenses of Rs.2000(Two thousand rupees only).(I prayed for Rs.11750 handset cost + Rs25000/-for mental agony+Rs.50000/-for loss of business+ Rs.10000 court expenses)

Court did not order Nokia to pay any damages nor it did penalize and no court expenses .This is shocking .How come consumer court even support fraud MNC company.

I invested Rs.11,750 on march 2007 believe me I used for only 3 months.LAwyer fee Rs.5000/- and I gave 6times within warranty to nokia care. I am fighting in Consumer court since Dec 2008 and visited more than 25times.you can imagine my loss and expenditure.

After exactly one year of fight What i am getting is same stupid handset repaired( because I am sure nokia will not give replacement) and just Rs.2000 for expenses.

I didnot even get court expenses (Rs 5000).

Shame on Indian judicial system.I never again dare to go to consumer court in my life.Lost faith in judicial system.Despite all jobsheets,emails and solid proofs consumer court failed to do justice to consumer.

but it says JAGO GRAHAK JAGO. BUT I SAY JAGO CONSUMER COURT JAGO!!!!!!!!

Dear friends

Its been 9 months since court has ordered nokia to replace with new box.But till now there is no response from nokia.After 45 day I filed EA petition using a advocate again.Consumer forum is postponing the case with 20 days .Every time I have to attend the court spending time and money.

Problem is nokia is not even accepting the court notice .There is no reply or acknowledgement from postal department ( notice recieved or not accepting).They are managing the post man also this is what my advocate is telling and he says Nokia do alway like this .

And we know know our judicial sysem is totally useless.They cannot do any thing unless it recieves acknowledgement.They cannot take action on nokia or postal department for not returning acknowledgement in time.

FRIENDS THIS IS VERY SERIOUR PROBLEM.

Despite consumer forums order nokia is not obeying the order.Nokia is not respecting India judicial system.When it cannot respect the people , country and its judicial system, IT HAS NO RIGHT TO DO BUSINESS IN THIS COUNTRY.

IF THIS CONTINUES , ALL MNC COMPANIES DO THE SAME WAY.THEN NO BODY BELIEVES IN CONSUMER FORUMS.ALL CONSUMER RIGHTS ARE USLESS.

FRIENDS WE NEED TO SOMETHING IN THIS REGARD .PLEASE ADVICE ON THIS.We should not tolerate this anymore

Dear friends

:clap:

At last my nokia 6275 case is over. Nokia did not replace the handset because right now they are not manufacturing and no stock with them :bash: . But it has given the cheque for Rs 11,750/- but without interest.

I planned to sell the handset immediately on rimeb forum in case they replaces with new box .Now straight away I got the amount without selling.

But I have original BL 6C battery used only for 6months which I have to sell it now.

But over all it is a huge loss for me fighting the case.My total investment is more than nearly Rs.30000/ but I received only Rs.13,750( 11750 + 2000 expenses)

My suggestion to the people who want to go to consumer forum

1.Never go to the consumer forum for low value products like less than Rs.10000 or 20k.It will be waste of time and money( your expenses)

2.Take the commitment from the advocate that he will fight the case without you visiting every time( you can visit only if required will be 5-7 times max )

3.If you have a known advocate ( who is like your friend) you can file for any low value.

4.If you are a business man and travel mostly then go the court only for products value is in lacs.

This is my experience in two years fighting in consumer forum.Thought will be other members so sharing.

Thank you all for your support

Lets be happy consumers. :signthankspin:

• Like 2

:previous:

Any legal case in India is frustrating to say the least.

You are right about the value of the goods.

:signthankspin: +1

Dear friends

At last my nokia 6275 case is over. Nokia did not replace the handset because right now they are not manufacturing and no stock with them :bash: . But it has given the cheque for Rs 11,750/- but without interest.

I planned to sell the handset immediately on rimeb forum in case they replaces with new box .Now straight away I got the amount without selling.

But I have original BL 6C battery used only for 6months which I have to sell it now.

But over all it is a huge loss for me fighting the case.My total investment is more than nearly Rs.30000/ but I received only Rs.13,750( 11750 + 2000 expenses)

My suggestion to the people who want to go to consumer forum

1.Never go to the consumer forum for low value products like less than Rs.10000 or 20k.It will be waste of time and money( your expenses)

2.Take the commitment from the advocate that he will fight the case without you visiting every time( you can visit only if required will be 5-7 times max )

3.If you have a known advocate ( who is like your friend) you can file for any low value.

4.If you are a business man and travel mostly then go the court only for products value is in lacs.

This is my experience in two years fighting in consumer forum.Thought will be other members so sharing.

Lets be happy consumers.

Very great and useful advice really...

Unless the care people change, grey market will continue to grow like anything in India...

its not only with nokia but even htc , sony , all **** with their technicians

the so called service centres have bunch of idiots who declare ur phone scrap if they dont understand anything

i have also seen that third party repairs are much better than authorised ones

thats why i dont count too much on warranty

May not be entirely correct,

They may be super lazzy, bz they may not be getting any extra for repairing the h/s.

OR

They are deliberately making u'r mobile dead, bz they are swapping the board or something else from a damaged h/s.

or selling the components to someone else :Equivocado:

Nokia is a bull**** company... I realised this three years back wen my Nokia phone needed repairs.

Just bought a LG phone(Dynamite) last year. Got the mic replaced and software updated in 1 hour flat.

Guys, LG, samsung and others may not resell well but their service is much better than Nokia. (Guess,thats why market share of Nokia is dropping!!)

I have pledged never to buy nokia in my life. Will go for even spice or a cheap chinese phone but for Nokia, its a big "NO"!!!

Dear friends,

Huge shock for me,

my case in consumer forum is now over for.After one year fight with nokia in consumer court AND atleat 25 visits to consumer court.  it is finally over.

Now the shock is order .Court directed the NOKIA to either Repair or replace and reimburse court expenses of Rs.2000(Two thousand rupees only).(I prayed for Rs.11750 handset cost + Rs25000/-for mental agony+Rs.50000/-for loss of business+ Rs.10000 court expenses)

Court did not order Nokia to pay any damages nor it did penalize and no court expenses .This is shocking .How come consumer court even support fraud MNC company.

I invested Rs.11,750 on march 2007 believe me I used for only 3 months.LAwyer fee Rs.5000/- and I gave 6times within warranty to nokia care. I am fighting in Consumer court since Dec 2008 and visited more than 25times.you can imagine my loss and expenditure.

After exactly one year of fight What i am getting is same stupid handset repaired( because I am sure nokia will not give replacement) and just Rs.2000 for expenses.

I didnot even get court expenses (Rs 5000).

Shame on Indian judicial system.I never again dare to go to consumer court  in my life.Lost faith in judicial system.Despite all jobsheets,emails and solid proofs consumer court failed to do justice to consumer.

but it says JAGO GRAHAK JAGO. BUT I SAY  JAGO CONSUMER COURT JAGO!!!!!!!!

Dear friends

Its been 9 months since court has ordered nokia to replace with new box.But till now there is no response from nokia.After 45 day I filed EA petition using a advocate again.Consumer forum is postponing the case with 20 days .Every time I have to attend the court spending time and money.

Problem is nokia is not even accepting the court notice .There is no reply or acknowledgement from postal department ( notice recieved or not accepting).They are managing the post man also this is what my advocate is telling and he says Nokia do alway like this .

And we know know our judicial sysem is totally useless.They cannot do any thing unless it recieves acknowledgement.They cannot take action on nokia or postal department for not returning acknowledgement in time.

FRIENDS THIS IS VERY SERIOUR PROBLEM.

Despite consumer forums order nokia is not obeying the order.Nokia is not respecting India judicial system.When it cannot respect the people , country and its judicial system, IT HAS NO RIGHT TO DO BUSINESS IN THIS COUNTRY.

IF THIS CONTINUES , ALL MNC COMPANIES DO THE SAME WAY.THEN NO BODY BELIEVES IN CONSUMER FORUMS.ALL CONSUMER RIGHTS ARE USLESS.

FRIENDS WE NEED TO SOMETHING IN THIS REGARD .PLEASE ADVICE ON THIS.We should not tolerate this anymore

Dear friends

At  last my  nokia 6275 case is over. Nokia did not replace the handset  because right now they are not manufacturing  and no stock with them :bash: . But it has  given the cheque  for Rs 11,750/- but without interest.

I  planned to sell the handset immediately  on rimeb forum in case  they  replaces with new box .Now  straight away I got the amount without selling.

But I have original BL 6C battery used only for 6months  which  I have to sell it now.

But over all it is a huge loss for me fighting the case.My total investment is  more than  nearly Rs.30000/  but I received only Rs.13,750( 11750 + 2000 expenses)

My  suggestion to the people who want to go to consumer forum

2.Take the commitment from the advocate that he will fight the case without  you visiting every time( you can visit only if required will be 5-7 times max )

4.If you are a business man and travel mostly  then go the court only for products  value is  in lacs.

Lets be happy consumers. :signthankspin:

Sorry to hear about your experience, but I wouldn't say this applies to everyone. Firstly, you don't need a lawyer to fight in the consumer court. If course, its better to have one if you can affford it and cannot visit yourself. I have personally fought in the court without any lawyer and won along with interest, damages, etc. Really sad to hear that you have been award only this measly amount. In fact, rather than Nokia, I think the judge has made a joke out of the Consumer Protection Act. But thats India... and hence we get what we deserve... and Nokia is just giving us what we deserve.

And how come you haven't got the intrest? If the judgement said you are entitled to intrest then there is no question of not getting it. Nokia's not giving it amounts to contempt of court.

That said, without getting into details, I have had a sad experience with Nokia, myself. I don't think I will ever buy a Nokia product again, ever.

NOKIA has got VERY VERY BAD name due to its service centre guys... Further NOKIA is doing VERY VERY BAD in CDMA... They better shut down their TOTAL CDMA business all over the world, instead of saying "I WONT MAKE CDMA PHONES.. BUT PANTECH MAKES THEM FOR ME" or "I STOPPED CDMA BUSINESS TODAY and launch new crappy highly priced CDMA handsets for ASIAN market" They are spoiling their hard earned NAMES by continuing these activities...

The best phones are those that don't need a service centre to begin with. And my Nokia needed service centers right out of the box. Nokia sux!