Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Asit

After Spice : Driven By Your Satisfaction

well my problem with d-88n is that in between talking or at any time when the handset wishes it reboots . . .am afraid of that and at times no sms is there only the senders number is there and the sms is blanlk what issue it cd be.

well my problem with d-88n is that in between talking or at any time when the handset wishes it reboots . . .am afraid of that and at times no sms is there only the senders number is there and the sms is blanlk what issue it cd be.

it's a bhoot, b carefull. agar conversion achha laga to thik hey barna phone restart kar leta hai.msg achha lagata haii khud padhke delete kar leta hey taki aur koi na padh sake.

just joking yaar. :Contento::Contento::Contento:

Well I am not proffessional but would suggest to check the battery compartment for restart problem.

And for the msg, I have also faced that problem but only twice.Once it is blank & the othertime it is the repeat of the last message. That means the content is same but the time is different, and sender is aslo same, i.e. Karkiji.

I recently saw chinese handset, with 3 SIM slot, cdma+cdma+gsm.

Battery 2400mhz.

Full multimedia support like FM, MP3, 3.5 mm jack headfone. MicroSD ETC.

sadik bhai......plzzz post the pics na.......n the price too......

it's a bhoot, b carefull. agar conversion achha laga to thik hey barna phone restart kar leta hai.msg achha lagata haii khud padhke delete kar leta hey taki aur koi na padh sake

:lol2:

@Akshat

My dear friend, I don't think it could be a battery problem, because if the battery is faulty in this case then your handset must not started again itself. In your case the handset is rebooting itself. It could be the firmware or Sim problem.

Regards.

the only wrost thing i have seen in D-88n is that we are not able to read messages while on call ,if we receive a message while call is going on then its impossible to read it and same is case for sending sms when u cant read how can we send it.....

@ksha@t..

The service centre will do a free software recycling/upgradation once u convey your issues.

But be careful to take a back-up of your contacts on the Memory card or PC.

Edited by ACS

the only wrost thing i have seen in D-88n is that we are not able to read messages while on call ,if we receive a message while call is going on then its impossible to read it and same is case for sending sms when u cant read how can we send it.....

OMG... you mean we'll never be able to use a message(like reading/forwarding) if we receive the message while on call? If yes, this is a serious drawback of the handset. :Confuso:

OMG... you mean we'll never be able to use a message(like reading/forwarding) if we receive the message while on call? If yes, this is a serious drawback of the handset. :Confuso:

yes dear.....!

Finally it was solved and I can browse net on the phone.

And just guess what the phone displays while browsing : The webpage is too large to display.

What a brilliant phone I got?

Edited by Asit

I hate Chinese phones.

They lack even in basics.

Have a look at this for a D88n complaint to Spice ASC..

Driving rough, due to customer - dissatisfaction.

Date:23/09/08

M/s. Spice Mobile Ltd.

D-1, sector-3

NODIA-210 301 (U.P)

Dear Sir,

Sub: Complaint regarding faulty instruments - Spice CDMA/GSM dual Mode Model : D88N Color: Black

IMEL: 353480020228*** ESN: 3CBOD***

We have purchased a mobile SPICE D88n from M/s. ***, Bangalore under their Invoice No.08/507 dated 02/06/08.

We very much regret to inform you that, the instrument is not functioning properly from the beginning itself. We append hereunder the problems for your information and necessary action:

1) Incoming SMS is always blank in CDMA/GSM – both mode.

Atleast we have to wait 10 minutes for SMS incoming and if we open the inbox immediately on receipt of the message, the message box invariably blank.

2) When we dial the Phone, there is an engaged sound & very low call connect sound. If we speak for 10 minutes even though battery fully charged phone heated up so much & at that time, it is very difficult to hear & the incoming voice is broken.

3) The ear plug & cord is not working properly.

4) While speaking, suddenly the phone shuts off completely without any warning & it needs to be Re-booted.

5) When we forwarded a message it will say message not sent & saved in draft box.

6) During long conversation voice broken, disconnect very often due to heating of the phone & battery discharge very fast.

7) If we connect the Bluetooth, then lot of disturbance in the audio quality.

8) Already the phone one has been sent four times to Rajajinagar & Gandhinagar service centre for repairs. Gandhinagar Service centre has not responded & refused to give any service.. Rajajinagar service centre had repaired/serviced the phone four times on different occasion in past 2 & half months.

9) Regularly, when phone set hang off, we ourself re-boot the same by going to restore factor setting & entering the password 1122, This we have to do on regular basis.

10) Near by five times our person Mr. Venkatesh has gone for repair of the instrument but still SMS is not functioning properly & software was reloaded subsequently. The old software replaced by new software & was re-loaded but yet not functioning the instrument properly.

11) When we visit the service centre, several customer are facing the same problem & register the complaint. The Service Centre ppl are baffled & ask us why we have bought this failed model !!

So please arrange to re-place this defective instruments with a new instruments of dual model immediately, otherwise we may be compelled to take up the matter with Consumer Forum and other legal department for necessary of cost & business damages due to non functioning of the instrument.

Thanking you and look forward to hear from you soon.

Yours faithfully,

MANAGING DIRECTOR

---------

What more ? no reply from Spice yet.. Perhaps they too are in shock like us ! :Ohhhh:

Edited by ACS

Have a look at this for a D88n complaint to Spice ASC..

Driving rough, due to customer - dissatisfaction.

Date:23/09/08

M/s. Spice Mobile Ltd.

D-1, sector-3

NODIA-210 301 (U.P)

Dear Sir,

Sub: Complaint regarding faulty instruments - Spice CDMA/GSM dual Mode Model : D88N Color: Black

IMEL: 353480020228*** ESN: 3CBOD***

We have purchased a mobile SPICE D88n from M/s. ***, Bangalore under their Invoice No.08/507 dated 02/06/08.

We very much regret to inform you that, the instrument is not functioning properly from the beginning itself. We append hereunder the problems for your information and necessary action:

1) Incoming SMS is always blank in CDMA/GSM – both mode.

Atleast we have to wait 10 minutes for SMS incoming and if we open the inbox immediately on receipt of the message, the message box invariably blank.

2) When we dial the Phone, there is an engaged sound & very low call connect sound. If we speak for 10 minutes even though battery fully charged phone heated up so much & at that time, it is very difficult to hear & the incoming voice is broken.

3) The ear plug & cord is not working properly.

4) While speaking, suddenly the phone shuts off completely without any warning & it needs to be Re-booted.

5) When we forwarded a message it will say message not sent & saved in draft box.

6) During long conversation voice broken, disconnect very often due to heating of the phone & battery discharge very fast.

7) If we connect the Bluetooth, then lot of disturbance in the audio quality.

8) Already the phone one has been sent four times to Rajajinagar & Gandhinagar service centre for repairs. Gandhinagar Service centre has not responded & refused to give any service.. Rajajinagar service centre had repaired/serviced the phone four times on different occasion in past 2 & half months.

9) Regularly, when phone set hang off, we ourself re-boot the same by going to restore factor setting & entering the password 1122, This we have to do on regular basis.

10) Near by five times our person Mr. Venkatesh has gone for repair of the instrument but still SMS is not functioning properly & software was reloaded subsequently. The old software replaced by new software & was re-loaded but yet not functioning the instrument properly.

11) When we visit the service centre, several customer are facing the same problem & register the complaint. The Service Centre ppl are baffled & ask us why we have bought this failed model !!

So please arrange to re-place this defective instruments with a new instruments of dual model immediately, otherwise we may be compelled to take up the matter with Consumer Forum and other legal department for necessary of cost & business damages due to non functioning of the instrument.

Thanking you and look forward to hear from you soon.

Yours faithfully,

MANAGING DIRECTOR

---------

What more ? no reply from Spice yet.. Perhaps they too are in shock like us ! :Ohhhh:

Even I have already mailed them regarding my problem when I post this topic, but there was no reply from them. Even my problem is halfly solved now.

@Jaynath : plz inform the software version on the phone by enetring *#66*#.

And moreover I think I am lucky that I have not faced a single problem u described here except heat & battery discharging, which is common with CDMA phones.

Edited by Asit

Even, i m also facing the same problem. I am receiving several blank messages and all sent messages are not stored in outbox as well.

One of the other major problem, i found was that sometime, when there is an incoming call, the number flashes once and then that screen disappears, so there is no way, i can accept the call. Same happens many time, when i am in call, that screen disappears, and i cannot disconnect.

Sometimes, i feel i made a mistake, i should have waited for the launch of reputed dual sim phones like samsung max.

Even, i m also facing the same problem. I am receiving several blank messages and all sent messages are not stored in outbox as well.

One of the other major problem, i found was that sometime, when there is an incoming call, the number flashes once and then that screen disappears, so there is no way, i can accept the call. Same happens many time, when i am in call, that screen disappears, and i cannot disconnect.

Sometimes, i feel i made a mistake, i should have waited for the launch of reputed dual sim phones like samsung max.

Just go to the ASC & get a Free Software upgradation done..

This should take care of everything. provided that particulat centre promises to have the latest version.

Call them prior & ask..

Spice quality is really bad....

QUOTE (@mitJ@in @ Sep 16 2008, 11:02 PM)

I would like to know what is CDMA GPRS???

Very Funny na??

the Service Guy first told me that GPRS in Reliance CDMA is only available in PostPaid and not in PrePaid

Ya offcourse it is very funny. Bcoz I am not a technical guy, and if I would be then I could findout the solution myself.

Anyway what I mean is that GPRS is not working in the RCom's phone number I am using. and I think that u know that RCom is providing the telephone service through CDMA technology, as u had alredy worked with them or perhaps is also working with them these days.

And still if u fail to understand what I have written here, then plz let me know. Either I will learn English again or will post the same in Hindi.

And Amit, if possible plz try to provide the solution if u have, but never try to criticise someone or something.

Thank u verymuch Amit

Sorry Admins / Moderators for this kind of reply

I read this today.

Ya offcourse it is very funny. Bcoz I am not a technical guy,

Asit - Why did you take this to yourself?

I made fun of the Service Centre guy who said you CDMA GPRS.

Read my post again

-----------------------

Check what did I quote and then for whom I passed the comment.

I would like to know what is CDMA GPRS???

Very Funny na??

the Service Guy first told me that GPRS in Reliance CDMA is only available in PostPaid and not in PrePaid

Edited by @mitJ@in

Oops! I misunderstood it.

well i am going on fine with my spice d88n.

vibrator is good and messages are stored.

but yes i am unable to run gprs on tata but airtel is working smooth

hey please tell me GPRS settings for Airtel I have spice D88n as well

mine d88n is working as smooth as butter on a parantha

MSG are being stored in memory.

one battery easy last for almost 2-3 days.

vibrator is decent.

found some interesting java games on kalador.com

and was successful on running gprs on TATA connection.

Edited by sunnymahan007

hey guys seeing the threads m rethinking of going for spice d-88n.........mods wht do u suggest shud i wait or wht???????

Hi this is Jaideep Mukherji. Unfortunate to know about the D88n. I am also a victim of the same but with different problem.

I purchased a mobile on july 7, 2008

1. The mobile started hanging up and nothing functioned just after four months from the date of purchase. It turns on automatically and off automatically. I did not find any solution except that I remove the battery and keep in the box to visit the nearest spice mobile service center which is 100 kms from our town.

2. They got it fixed within an hour and I assumed that this is the best company for service I could ever depend since they could get it repaired within an hour since it is also under warranty. All of that went shattered until some thing happened to me.

3. After a while in the last week of December I had a new problem. The display went blank all of a sudden and nothing showed on the screen. Took the same to the same service center and deposited the same on 7/1/09 with job sheet number 478 and until this day I am running from pillar to post but no reply. I insisted that either I get a new mobile piece or full refund. The company choose to give a new mobile but till now I am still waiting. Today evening I just called the Banglaore office and was little upset with the Regional manager and he promised me to send the mobile tommorrow. Will get back to you again on the feedback.

As a result of this, I lost my whole phone book, important codes on the sms, and many more. Is it worth risk taking to buy this mobile?

Based on my experience, never buy any mobile which just launched into the market since it might always have problems and needs patches except that you want to risk and try it out yourself.