Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

All About Treo 755p - Lets Discuss The Good And The Bad

i havent updated yet .....i m still using mogul ( cant let go of net and wifi) ....

i dont think this update will solve the error issue but lets see

I have just updated my Treo with the new update 1.08.

after update i have observed that hte PRL version has changed from '2' to '60612' now.

I remember that after updating the PRL with a fix for raoming issue the version was '2'. Could @dkaile or doc muf or @sadikk let me know if i have to update the prl again to have my phone working fine while roaming?

Appreciate all of you for your time and making this forum a wonderful one.

Uday.

Have updated to 1.08SPNT. Also updated sadik's roaming prl again just to be sure.

The 'radio reset before internet connection' problem is still there (error 3000), but seems to have reduced a little - in the sense that sometimes I am able to connect internet after making/receiving calls but sometimes I am not.

Will update after some more trials.

I have just updated my Treo with the new update 1.08.

after update i have observed that hte PRL version has changed from '2' to '60612' now.

I remember that after updating the PRL with a fix for raoming issue the version was '2'. Could @dkaile or doc muf or @sadikk let me know if i have to update the prl again to have my phone working fine while roaming?

Appreciate all of you for your time and making this forum a wonderful one.

Uday.

well as i said before its not necessary that ur prl version has to be 2 ...

also afaik ur phon eiwll b working fine while roaming ...but still if u have doubts u can update the prl once gain as it hardly takes any time and efforts

The 'radio reset before internet connection' problem is still there (error 3000

i said it wudnt solve the issue ....but it is better for those wh experince frequent resets ( reset loops)

Better be safe than sorry and update prl once again after taking this update; if you are not facing any problem, no need to update from 1.07 to 1.08...

Internet is definitely faster after 1.08 than earlier. Offcourse its a little subjective but this rimweb page is 70kb & loaded in 2 seconds, emails also seemed to download faster. Posting from Treo/opera mini so forgive any formatting issues.

Strange thing is that after update i have 10 mb more free space! although i did nvbakup before update & restored fully afterwards & all my apps & settings are present. maybe hard reset free'd up some cache etc but this didn't happen last time for 1.07 update.

If this is the case amione then it will definitely be a good idea to update...

well will try the update and see whether net speed has increased ...

Edited by mufaddal_km

well will try the update and see whether net speed has increased ...

Can you please check speed before 1.08 update with some site like testmy.net which work on Treo browsers like blazer ?

I forgot to do that so have no idea what speed i was getting earlier though I am checking the speed now (after update). Thanks.

well finally updated to spnt 1.08

update failed in first attempt but disconnected and tried again ...finished update in half n hour

well before update i had around 43 mb free space and after update also 43 mb feee space

also the prl changed to 60612 ...but the check sum is same ( so i guess even the prl must b same )

well for net connectivity ...just after the update when i tried to connect to net i got the infamous error 3000...did a radio recycle and checked connectivity

i din notice any difference in downloading emails

as far as browsing on blazer is concerned i loaded few sites like gsmarena.com/imdb/rimweb

on blazer the speeds were different normally loading gsmarena amd imdb use to take me a minute ( 300-400kb) before ..now its within a minute around 40-45 secs)

rimweb ( 124kb ) used to take aorund 30 -40 secs secs before and now also takes approx same time

( testmy.net requires javascipt may be using opera mini you can test it ...i tried on blazer but the connection was goin dormant again and again so i just gave up )

i would say the browser might have become fast but i didnt get significant increase in speed .....

will test more over few days and post how it goes

I tried testmy.net with opera mini and here are the screenshots:

1st I tried 512kb test - tried 2 times. same result. Then i tried 1024kb test - again 2 times. nearly same result. Finally tried with Blazer. It was even faster but the site kept forwarding to next larger test (if test is completed within 7 seconds or something, it fwd's to next size), went to 2 MB download test after which I quit:

post-3171-1232202142_thumb.jpg post-3171-1232202289_thumb.jpg post-3171-1232202520_thumb.jpg

I know the speed can't be so high as shown by these tests i.e. 3Mbps, But I promise I haven't done ANY hanky panky;

What is the meaning of this ? I leave that as an exercise for the reader to figure out !

Maybe my handset :NO: is special ?

well frankly speaking test my net will give u more info abt ur data connection than ur browser as the speed will reflect ur data connection than ur browser

form what i see on my device the speed hasnt increased or those slight increase in my case must have been thru spikes in my data connection ....and the speed of browsing is more dependent on ur data speeds than browser

if u r getting increase speeds than good enough :GirandoOjos:

OK figured out why testmy.net is showing such high speeds.

When using opera mini, the opera servers are fetching the download image used for test and compress it before sending it to opera mini on my Treo. So testmy.net is actually showing opera server's bandwidth at 3 Mbps and not my treo's. :Decepcionado:

Is that correct ? From what I understand opera mini works by routing all traffic through opera server where it is optimized for opera mini/small display/etc.

correct :)

Dear Gurus

I used Netconnect on my Palm and My Monthly bill has 986 Rs as VAS charges. Which is an Additional cost to my office and home Internet, Suggestions to save the charges??? Pls advise

Stop using Rconnect; configure Rworld connection instead with the UTS username and corresponding password but without proxy; very cheap in comparison to reconnect...

@ Dhiraj, what plan to go for average to low net use for R World? What will be the approx billing?

@ Dhiraj, what plan to go for average to low net use for R World? What will be the approx billing?

Pls provide the detail for UTS id as when I use the same with given ERROR : (0x7301) is displayed

Can u pls elaborate on the same.

Else I could subscribe to a 300 PM plan of relnetconnect which gives me 15 hr daytime and 30 hrs nighttime free which would be enough for me. PLs suggest a better alternative

BTW Whatever happened to the SC810 wala Connection, it never worked in my palm , saying data services not available in your area :Confuso:

exactly dont use rconnect for browsing on phone ans checking mails ...u will get huge data charges

i m a prepaid user and havent suscribed to any plan but use rworld on both my mogul as well as treo with uts username and password

i get charged as 5p/10kb ...

also if at all u use netconnect make sure to disable the connection as u will b charged as long as you are connected

exactly dont use rconnect for browsing on phone ans checking mails ...u will get huge data charges

i m a prepaid user and havent suscribed to any plan but use rworld on both my mogul as well as treo with uts username and password

i get charged as 5p/10kb ...

also if at all u use netconnect make sure to disable the connection as u will b charged as long as you are connected

Dear Mufaddal

Pls elaborate on UTS details , I guess I have wrong ones

No Plan required if you dont use proxy server in Rworld; flat 5p/10kb, I think; though I am not being charged, donno why...

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Just updated to 1.08; I am seeing marked improvement while browsing through Blazer; connection stays more stable; ring response few milliseconds better on mp3; Would recommend people to UPGRADE immediately...

username: UTS@relianceinfo.com pw: i4gE7DW

Edited by dkaile

UTS@relianceinfo.com

Password = i4gE7DW

the erro 7301 will happen if your data settings are not proper like username /password/mobile ip

try setting a new connection

though I am not being charged, donno why...

i wasnt charged in the mnth of dec and also till last week wasnt charged anything ...even rconnect was free

but now i m getting charged at regular rates

since today morning everytime i try and send a sms i get an "error 34" message...it was working perfect till yesterday night...anyone knows about this problem and solution

since today morning everytime i try and send a sms i get an "error 34" message...it was working perfect till yesterday night...anyone knows about this problem and solution

might be a network problem ...just wait and see if it gets resolved