Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
situ1962

The New Palm To Look Out For

Hi friends.good news.palm is finally going to unveil it's much awaited NOVA os along with the first phone running on it at las vegas.visit the link below for details

This great news offer a separate thread.That's why i am starting this.

http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/01/04/exclu...ge-touchscreen/

Though it is said that I am using one of the best handset available in market (nokia e 71) I wonder that people who says nokia e 71 as one of the best handset might not have used handset with palm os.

I will dump my e 71 at once if palm nova is just palm os+ multitasking and new era browser.

Palm OS is fantastic, simple and fast.... I agree with your statement completely.... but I just cant understand the policy of Palm about not introducing itself more aggresively in India and coming out with updates faster...

They are killing themselves softly...

Edited by dkaile

well we also need to see one aspect that when palm was at its pinnacle that time india wasnt a strong name in mobile market thats y not mcuh publicity in india ....but since last few yrs things have changed rapidly and like other manufactureres i think palm will also b having palns of rolling out their devices in india .....but i guess their priority rite now will b getting things rite and getting in competition and some market share as they have lost a lot of ground to other brands

also in india the market is different ,,,,v dont have that many power users people look for things like camera/fm/music over pda functionality ....people still prefer nokia over other brands

Yes my dear friend.it has been launched.fren the early reports it looks very promising.the first handset running it has also been unveiled.it supports multi touch as well as multi tasking.for more details please visit the link below.

http://i.gizmodo.com/5126702/palm-pre-preview-simply-amazing

Looks very promising. and trust me this is gonna be hit.

I love PALM devices. they make high quality products, true value for money.

were lacking in OS run, now shows promising Palm Pre.

way to go. will be waiting PALM.

Its gonna be CDMA :D

check the video she says its on WiFi now but its gonna be on EVDO Rev A :)

Yes my dear friend,it is definitely a cdma set and meant for sprint.it will going to come here through on other than our most trust worthy Sadik bro in future.till then it is worth waiting.

Now check this.

CDMA, EVDO, Internal GPS, WiFi, 3Mp Camera, QWERTY Keyboard, 8GB onboard memory, A2DP Bluetooth 2.1, and WIRELESS CHARGING

Yes WIRELESS CHARGIN.

Gawd its making me crazy.

Rumors are there that this cud be World Edition phone as well. (GSM + CDMA)

Oh. f**k whats this beast.

Palm become a Dark Horse never heard about this futuristic OS.way ti go Sadik Kalpak.

Brilliant !

Any idea when it could be launched ? And whether it will work on Reliance or does it have ME*D etc stuff ?

I have got only one word to say - WOW......

the best part is it has a 3.1 inch capacitative touchscreen and omap3 processor ...

also first the cdma version will b released on sprint followed by gsm ...it comes with inbuilt 8gb no memory crad slot though

the wireless charging was actually a demo for powermat which they are demonstrating at CES ...they have shown several devices which cud b charged wirelessley with powermat ...

Any idea bout the date of its commercial launch? If we can come to kno bout the date then we can start buggin sadik to get us the handsets.

Its coming second quarter 2009 on sprint.

Official site registering for NOTIFY ME. http://www.palm.com/us/index.html

also its just rumor that its world edition but confirmed yet.

rock on

A life to CDMA again. Palm, Blackberry and HTC is keeping EVDO rocking

One very interesting aspect of It.s design is that the full qwerty key board slides down rather than sideways.

According the company press release this device will be positioned as a promurer device,in between smart phones and business oriented windows mobile pdas.so it seems some features available in wm based pda phones will be lacking in it.what could be the lacking features?could is be push email or something else?out and out from the early reports it seems to give hot competition to i phone.

they are already claiming its iphone killer on Cnet.

Well this device or its OS is meant by keeping iphone in mind.

Its gonna rock for sure.

Its coming second quarter 2009 on sprint.

Official site registering for NOTIFY ME. http://www.palm.com/us/index.html

also its just rumor that its world edition but confirmed yet.

in the presentation it is already been announced that first the cdma version will b released First, the handset will be launched as a Sprint exclusive in the US, but will be available in the future in GSM form.

they are already claiming its iphone killer on Cnet.

seems like iphone killer legacy will keep goin on rather then differentiating a product websites like cnet are more interested in comparing it with iphone to see what it does relatively more than iphone