Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Ambani Sister Brews Huge Javagreen Chain Plan

Believe it or not, but the retail coffee chain of a company that has nothing to do with the coffee business will be India’s largest by the end of this year.

The Reliance group’s Javagreen coffee retail chain, run by Ambani sister Nina Kothari and brother-in-law B H Kothari, is in an expansion mode.

The number of Javagreen outlets will go up from the current 85 to 335 this year, when another 250 retail cafe shops will be rolled out. Over the next few years, the number of outlets will leap to over 2,000.

Industry sources claim that the retail coffee shops are expected to grow along with Reliance’s WebWorld stores which now house these cafes. At present, about 250 Reliance WebWorld are spread across 111 cities.

In response to a faxed questionnaire, a Reliance Infocomm spokesperson said: “Javagreen will also be rolled out as an independent format - through a combination of flagship stores, stand-alone cafes and other store-in-stores.”

Reliance is positioning “Javagreen as a neighbourhood cafe, that is, fast, friendly and fun,” the spokesperson said. The group also intends to open cafe shops at Reliance Industries’ petrol pumps.

“We believe that coffee shop space in India is still maturing and there is space for all,” the Reliance Infocomm spokesperson said that Javagreen provides its customers an international experience at Indian prices. Still, pricing has also been Cafe Cofee Day’s unique selling proposition.

“We have a dedicated team of over 100 qualified F&B professionals, with expertise in products, maintenance, quality, training etc,” the spokesperson added.

International global coffee chains too like Starbucks are said to be eyeing the Indian market. With no foreign direct investment allowed in this sector, they have adopted a wait and watch policy. They could enter the Indian market only by franchising their brand.

I guess Reliance is gonna give free Coffee on every purchase of RIM :D

Do they have a "pioneer scheme" **

1. 400 cups of coffee per month free.* Offnet charges extra

2. Unlimited free National Sugar Sachets.

3. Collection charges extra.

*Onnet Charges: Coffee not grown by Reliance I guess.

** Offer Subject to approval by CRAI (Coffee Regulatory Authority of India)

Yup they will have all the scheme,pioneer,CAPO,501 and all but this time please dont pay the bill(for post paid coffee) regulary.you will get some great benefifts e.g. pay just 10% and take away the coffee cup with you

So, enjoy.

monthly subscription of 399. choclate charges extra. paper glass free. hurry! MAPO offer (Mukesh......)

U guys r amazing! :( Love being around here to read u'll ! ;)

BTW the Ambani sister seems to be equally smart at establishing a Coffee Shop Chain thru WebWorlds! Its bound to grow at all those places where WW goes... ! Has anybody ever tasted Coffee there? What is it like? I'ven't been attracted to it simply coz its minuscule and is jus added to the crowded WW. Cant feel cozy there! What say?

Cofee at a Reliance Web World??? :blink: Ha! Sure to give even those with limitless fortitude a huge bout of claustrophobia! :wacko: Besides, perpetual radiation of rotten vibes from estranged and highly malevolent customers with billing problems!!! :(;)

Has anybody ever tasted Coffee there? What is it like?

That is comparable with any good coffee shop. but i think it is little over priced because there is not good sitting arrengments.

the other day when my fren was playing UT 2004 and was amidst a competition Death match which was really tied up..... then this java green fellow comes and talks to his ear if he wants something on the menu.. i wonder how he got away from my fren with his body parts together.. coz i thought he deserved a punch or two..LOL..

Now Reliance will create more confusions in Bills to increase population in webworld.. And then customers would be profitting their coffee sale :P

Wat a thought by Ambani's? ;)

I tried the 'biscotti' (cold coffee with biscuits crushed) and it was pretty decent but the other coloured 'slush' ice drinks were quite bad.

The choc cake clices were good but pineapple pastries were bad.

The chicken sandwiches (java wraps) were good but some of the veg ones were bad.

so i think it all kind of cancelled each other out ...

I tried the 'biscotti' (cold coffee with biscuits crushed) and it was pretty decent but the other coloured 'slush' ice drinks were quite bad.

The choc cake clices were good but pineapple pastries were bad.

The chicken sandwiches (java wraps) were good but some of the veg ones were bad.

so i think it all kind of cancelled each other out ...

ya kinda maintaining Equillibrium!!! :P