Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

Hope Tata Docomo's GSM network is better than Reliance GSM. If and when the network is launched in Delhi and mobile number portability is available, I'd like to get rid of Reliance CDMA.

Reliance GSM ****s so bad that I believe Reliance should refund my rs. 49 that I paid for SIM card.

Tata Network coverage is poor ...comparing to reliance CDMA coverage

It was until the year 2007, that the Tata CDMA network was inadequate in some areas. But from 2008 they have IMPROVED IT A LOT, both in terms of geographic area covered and signal strength/quality.

By-the-way, Tata Indicom has nothing to do with Tata DoCoMo, they are two different brands running on two independent network hardware equipments. The only thing both share is the optic-fiber backbone and the BTS (Base Transceiver Station) for housing network hardware and mounting antennas.

Edited by bhargavachandra

Dear Members,

I just now spoke with Customer Care representative, Tamil Nadu Circle on 9043-012345. The following are the details I got from him:

Prepaid Starter Pack:

Price: 49 Rupees

Validity: Life-time

Talk-time bundled: 25 Minutes

Voice calls:

Tata DoCoMo ---->Tata DoCoMo / Tata Indicom / Virgin Mobile (Intra/Inter-circle): 1 paise/sec

Tata DoCoMo ----> Other mobiles / Land lines (Intra/Inter-circle): 1 paise/sec

Text Messaging:

Local SMS: 60 paise/SMS (160 characters)

National SMS: 1.2 Rupee/SMS

International SMS: 5 Rupees/SMS

Note: These are base-line tariffs offered without any add-on subscriptions whatsoever, and so does not reflect the complete tariff offerings of Tata DoCoMo.

What about calls going from tata indicom to tata docomo? are those calls are offnet or onnet? and u havent given any info about rechagre voucher TT??

Hope Tata Docomo's GSM network is better than Reliance GSM. If and when the network is launched in Delhi and mobile number portability is available, I'd like to get rid of Reliance CDMA.

Reliance GSM ****s so bad that I believe Reliance should refund my rs. 49 that I paid for SIM card.

Who said, tata indicom is having among top 3 player in maharashtra and and top 4 in mumbai, it's having most robust network

and recently they managed to get 5million subsciber in region.

Hello,

I am new to this board, but have been following the tata gsm rollout since the beginning of the month. Basically I bought a gsm handset and I have a TATA prepaid service right now. I wanted to save my existing no. and decided not to switch to a different carrier. So I decided to research Tata's plans for GSM and to my surprise found they are rolling it out at the right time.

Basically my question is how will the handle existing users...will we have to change our no's to get a GSM sim. Mr. Bhargav if you can address this I would be happy, you obviously are very enthusiastic about this and share the same city as me...

What do you mean by "Existing Users"? Tata Docomo is launched yesterday itself!

Please do not connect Tata Docomo with Tata Indicom. Both are completely different brands running on different technologies..

Hello,

I am new to this board, but have been following the tata gsm rollout since the beginning of the month. Basically I bought a gsm handset and I have a TATA prepaid service right now. I wanted to save my existing no. and decided not to switch to a different carrier. So I decided to research Tata's plans for GSM and to my surprise found they are rolling it out at the right time.

Basically my question is how will the handle existing users...will we have to change our no's to get a GSM sim. Mr. Bhargav if you can address this I would be happy, you obviously are very enthusiastic about this and share the same city as me...

Dear Mr. Salman,

That's a good question. Well.... you have two options to experience the upcoming Tata DoCoMo (GSM) services. The first is to buy a new SIM card as soon as they are available in Hyderabad, but you'll get a new mobile number. The second option is to wait until the Mobile Number Portability (MNP) is launched and then switch to Tata DoCoMo, this way you can retain your existing number and still switch the carrier to Tata DoCoMo. As per your question, the second option is more appropriate for you.

MNP is due for launch in Andhra Pradesh probably by October if everything goes as planned.

Here is a news article about MNP: http://www.livemint.com/2009/06/03132421/E...-Number-Po.html

Note: Tata Indicom has nothing to do with Tata DoCoMo, they are two different brands running on two independent network hardware equipments.

Hope this helps you!

lets hope atleast tata gsm network is better than reliance gsm..

Dear Members,

I just now spoke with Customer Care representative, Tamil Nadu Circle on 9043-012345. The following are the details I got from him:

Prepaid Starter Pack:

Price: 49 Rupees

Validity: Life-time

Talk-time bundled: 25 Minutes

Voice calls:

Tata DoCoMo ---->Tata DoCoMo / Tata Indicom / Virgin Mobile (Intra/Inter-circle): 1 paise/sec

Tata DoCoMo ----> Other mobiles / Land lines (Intra/Inter-circle): 1 paise/sec

Text Messaging:

Local SMS: 60 paise/SMS (160 characters)

National SMS: 1.2 Rupee/SMS

International SMS: 5 Rupees/SMS

Note: These are base-line tariffs offered without any add-on subscriptions whatsoever, and so does not reflect the complete tariff offerings of Tata DoCoMo.

U havent cleared my doubt? whether calls from tata indicom-tata docomo are ONnet calls or OFFnet.

also not given any info regarding recharge voucher denominations and TT

Have u NOTICE SMS charges??

Natonal sms is Rs1.2, this is sign that in future STD call will also be charged at 2paise/second.

Tata indicom network is robust in maharashtra. it comes uder TTML

In maharshtra tata is among top 3 operator and in mumbai amoung top 4.

And recently they reached 5million subsciber in maharashtra

Edited by saket_kewate

My call got conneced to CC of TN 9043012345. i spoke for 18min.

She cleared my doubt, calls from tata-tata are ONnet calls.

Tata means( Tata indicom+tata docomo+ virgin mobile)

The current offer is same as given by bhargv, and u need to activate ur sim before 23rd of july.

Their are few STV(they called it as RATE CUTTER pack)

Where

STV Rs25/ validity did't told.

ALL LOCAL are charged at 1paise/second.(i think this stv is introduced bcoz they will likely to increse rate)

STV Rs35, validity did't told.

ALL STD are charged at 1paise/second.

About SMS

for local 60paise/sms for first 3 sms, and then 750sms are free for day and after 750sms 60paise(the same which virgin is going with)

For std, Rs1.2 and no offer like 750sms.

VALUE ADDED services.

MISS CALL ALERT -free

Voice mail-free.

voice chat

24hrs RADIO- 2paise/second.

Personalised voice service for cricket, astrology, stock etc-2paise/second.

GPRS- tata site are free for browsing, but charged for downloading.

Other WAP site- 1paise/Kb

Docomo internet(for PC connectivity through GPRS)- charges may be 1paise/Kb.

SIM will be availabe in dealer within 2 days in TN/chennai.

Rechage coupon value Rs10,19,20,39,40,100-10000.

TT- full talktime less service tax.

Dear Members,

U havent cleared my doubt? whether calls from tata indicom-tata docomo are ONnet calls or OFFnet.

Dear Mr. Saket,

I didn't noticed your post. Sorry about that! The data I posted regarding tariff is presented 'as-it-is' from my conversation with Customer Care representative, Tamil Nadu circle. I did not ask him the questions you asked me. But from the tariff details, it is apparent that calls between Tata DoCoMo and Tata Indicom / Virgin Mobile are considered off-net currently (at least in the base-line pack). May be they'll introduce some add-on packs at a later time. Neither do I have any information regarding recharge voucher denominations and Talk time value. Regarding the National SMS charges being Rs 1.20, it is too early to speculate future NLD/STD call charges based on that.

I'll certainly provide the complete and authentic information that is open to public once the services are launched in my circle, Andhra Pradesh.

DOCOMO lauched in kerala

TATA DOCOMO Launches

GSM Service in Kerala

Pay-for-what-you-use, Per-Second Paradigm Comes to India

“Moment of triumph for the Indian consumer”: Ratan Tata

 From today, subscribers can call anywhere in India for just 1 paisa per second

 Best coverage at the time of launch—493 towns and 516 villages in Kerala

 Complete South India rollout in a fortnight

 Country-wide service rollout to be completed this year itself

Kochi, 25 June 2009: TATA DOCOMO, the GSM brand of Tata Teleservices Limited, today announced the commercial launch of its operations in Kerala, just a day after it announced its launch in Tamil Nadu. The company‟s Next Gen GSM service started on a heady note, with TTSL Managing Director Anil Sardana making the first phone call from TATA DOCOMO‟s 3G-ready network to Minister of State for External Affairs Shashi Tharoor. TATA DOCOMO‟s pan-India service rollout will be completed this year, with South Indian Circles going „live‟ soon.

In a message at the launch press conference, Mr Ratan Tata, Chairman, Tata Sons, said: “The value proposition offered by TATA-DOCOMO is a unique and revolutionary idea which symbolizes the spirit of innovation and inventive genius. This launch is truly a moment of triumph for the consumer. The launch of pay-per-use, per-second concept offered by TATA-DOCOMO will create a paradigm shift in the overall telecom experience for the customer and provide a service that is refreshingly different.”

One Paisa Per Second for All Calls—Local & STD! Per-Second Pulse Announced!

TATA DOCOMO also unleashed a wide array of products and services at the launch, riding on the back of path-breaking innovative products and services, and never-before tariff options. “We had made a promise that we would bring to the country products and services that would redefine the telecom experience,” Mr Anil Sardana said. “It is a privilege to be fulfilling that promise in South India—where subscribers are discerning and seek transparency, innovation and differentiation. Our partnership with NTT DOCOMO will help us provide our subscribers with tremendous technological and service differentiation. Keeping in view the century of

trust associated with the House of Tata, we are launching the concept of fare being fair. From today, TATA DOCOMO subscribers will now be able to enjoy the benefits of ‘pay-as-you-use’, at only one paisa per second for all voice calls across India,” he added.

NTT DOCOMO is acknowledged as the global leader in 3G technology and respected worldwide for its futuristic product innovations.

In a video-address, Mr Toshinari Kunieda, Senior Vice-President and Managing Director, Global Business Division, NTT DOCOMO, said: “NTT DOCOMO has provided technical inputs to make the TATA DOCOMO GSM network world-class. Progressively, NTT DOCOMO shall bring to India the various products and services that we offer in Japan and many other countries—such as i-modeTM, Location-based Services (LBS) and mobile payment—and give TATA DOCOMO customers a flavor of tomorrow. TTSL and NTT DOCOMO are closely engaged in integrating technology, value-added services, products and applications through the mechanism of Business and Technology Cooperation Committee (BTCC). This should see TATA DOCOMO change the way India communicates.”

Announcing some very aggressive pricing and customization options, Mr Deepak Gulati, President, TATA DOCOMO, said: “In a market that is cluttered with many operators and throws up confusing options, we will offer simplicity to consumers by being the country‟s most transparent, innovative and liberating telecom brand. The first move on this front—both in Kerala and in Tamil Nadu—is to cut through the clutter and redefine the entire pricing paradigm—from Day One of our launch, we will work on a per-second pricing model for almost everything, be it voice calls, VAS services, IVR interactions. Above all, we promise to always listen to our subscribers.”

The company has earmarked an investment of $2 billion on its pan-India GSM network rollout.

TATA DOCOMO also announced the introduction of the pay-as-you-use advantage for many of its Value-added Services, including all its voice portals, 24-hour music, cricket commentary and voice chat. The Company also announced Free Missed Call Alerts service to all its customers without any charge whatsoever. In addition, VoiceMail on TATA DOCOMO will be totally free for all subscribers with no burden of monthly rentals, no deposits, and no retrieval charges.

Superior Technology and Network

From the day of the launch, the reach and coverage of the TATA DOCOMO network is greater in Kerala than that of any other operator at the launch stage. The TATA DOCOMO GSM mobile

service will have extensive coverage in 493 towns and cities and 516 villages in Kerala, along 890 km of the state‟s highways, at airports, along 940 km of rail routes and at places of tourist interest.

NTT DOCOMO has played a major role in the evolution of mobile telecommunications through its development of cutting-edge technologies and services. Over the years, technologists at NTT DOCOMO have defined industry benchmarks for 3G technology, as also products and services such as i-mode and a plethora of lifestyle-enhancing applications. Today, while most global telecom players are only beginning to talk of 4G technology and its possible applications, NTT DOCOMO has already recorded a downlink transmission rate of 250 Mbps over a high-speed wireless network in an outdoor test of an experimental system for Super 3G, also known as LTE, and is targeting to complete the commercial development by the end of 2009. This will hold TATA DOCOMO in good stead as it launches GSM services.

About NTT DOCOMO

NTT DOCOMO is the world‟s leading mobile operator and provider of advanced mobile services. The company serves over 54 million customers in Japan, including 48 million using i-mode™, the world‟s most popular mobile e-mail/Internet platform, and 49 million using FOMA™, the world‟s original 3G mobile service based on W-CDMA. As a leader in the development of cutting-edge mobile technologies, DOCOMO is continually expanding the role of mobile phones as versatile and highly personalized "lifestyle tools" for everyday life, including with a wide range of innovative services for mobile payments, GPS, mobile TV, multimedia content and much more. NTT DOCOMO is listed on the Tokyo (9437), London (NDCM) and New York (DCM) stock exchanges. For more information, visit www.nttdocomo.com.

FOMA and i-mode are trademarks or registered trademarks of NTT DOCOMO, INC. in Japan and other countries.

About TATA DOCOMO

TATA DOCOMO is Tata Teleservices Limited‟s telecom service on the GSM platform—arising out of the Tata Group‟s strategic alliance with Japanese telecom major NTT DOCOMO in November 2008. Tata Teleservices Limited has received a license to operate GSM telecom services in 19 telecom Circles and has also been allotted spectrum in 18 of these Circles. It has rolled out its GSM services in Tamil Nadu and Kerala, and the other Circles in South India will also go live shortly. TATA DOCOMO marks a significant milestone in the Indian telecom landscape, as it stands to redefine the very face of telecoms in India. Tokyo-based NTT DOCOMO is one of the world‟s leading mobile operators—in the Japanese market, the company is the clear market leader, used by over 50 per cent of the country‟s mobile phone users. DOCOMO, the world‟s leading mobile operator, will work closely with the Tata Teleservices Limited management and provide know-how to help the company develop its GSM business.

source :http://www.tatadocomo.com/downloads/mediaroom/press-release-kerala.pdf

Natonal sms is Rs1.2, this is sign that in future STD call will also be charged at 2paise/second.

Dear Mr. Saket,

I called up the Tata Indicom guys & asked if Indicom to DoCoMo calls are considered on-net? They said they haven't received any update on that matter.

Following is the information related to Recharge Voucher Denominations and Talk Time Values:

Range: Rs. 10 to Rs. 10,000

Recharge denomination and Talk time:

Rs. 10---> Rs. 7.20

Rs. 20---> Rs. 16.10

Rs. 30---> Rs. 25.20

Rs. 40---> Rs. 34.30

Rs. 50---> Rs. 43.30

Rs. 100--->Rs. 88.70

Source: Tata DoCoMo Customer Care, Tamil Nadu.

I have attached an audio file of the conversation for your reference.

Tata_DoCoMo_CC_conversation.mp3

Just talked to the Kerala CC.

Sim charge - Rs. 49

Talktime - Rs. 5

Rest all is ditto.

Congratulations for all those members from Kerala!!! :)

Called up three places - value shops and hubs.

They have no details as to when the consumer will get the sim in hand.

Morever - DoCoMo will have separate selling channels it seems.

I need a sim. :Equivocado:

Sim charge - Rs. 49

Talktime - Rs. 5

Rest all is ditto.

No bundled 25/- TT with the SIM?

Even i am looking for a SIM...please do lemme know when u get your hands on one ..

Edited by ipkonfig

Sim charge - Rs. 49

Talktime - Rs. 5

Rest all is ditto.

No bundled 25/- TT with the SIM?

Even i am looking for a SIM...please do lemme know when u get your hands on one ..

Sure! That's what we do here at RIMWEB.

I will come up with concrete info tomoro.

Called up three places - value shops and hubs.

They have no details as to when the consumer will get the sim in hand.

Morever - DoCoMo will have separate selling channels it seems.

I need a sim. :Equivocado:

Dear Mr. Sonam Kumar,

I'll be looking forward for your post to hear about the experience tomorrow. :)

My call got conneced to CC of TN 9043012345. i spoke for 18min.

Dear Mr. Saket,

Your post about the complete offers and tariffs is just mind-blowing! You talked for 18 min....... WOW!!!

Thank you for the information!

Hello,

Dear Mr. Salman,

That's a good question. Well.... you have two options to experience the upcoming Tata DoCoMo (GSM) services. The first is to buy a new SIM card as soon as they are available in Hyderabad, but you'll get a new mobile number. The second option is to wait until the Mobile Number Portability (MNP) is launched and then switch to Tata DoCoMo, this way you can retain your existing number and still switch the carrier to Tata DoCoMo. As per your question, the second option is more appropriate for you.

MNP is due for launch in Andhra Pradesh probably by October if everything goes as planned.

Here is a news article about MNP: http://www.livemint.com/2009/06/03132421/E...-Number-Po.html

Note: Tata Indicom has nothing to do with Tata DoCoMo, they are two different brands running on two independent network hardware equipments.

Hope this helps you!

Hey Bhargav,

Thanks for the heads up...I thought this was a partnership :GirandoOjos:

It's sad to hear that I will have to wait till October for the MNP.

Just called CC to know when will i get the sim. the cc guy simply asked my exact location in my town and gave the local shop names near me where i will get docomo sim.. i rushed to the shop now, but they said they have not received, all shops are being called tomorrow for meeting.. so in a couple of days i can expect sim in hand.. the shop guy was just wondering to hear from me that his shop name was listed by customer care.

Mr bharav, i also congratulate u in advance. becoz AP will soon come under launch. and i expect u will get sim before end of this month.

It will take time to be launched in our area, the eastern part of the Country, I think.

However, plese let all know about the quality of service, the billing (is the "call @ one paise/minute anywhere in India" tagline properly maintained?), and more importantly the internet service (they are projecting i-mode to be launched, if it is there, it will be a sea-change in mobile internet), internet tariff etc.

Also please let us know whether they are allowing easy migration of existing CDMA subscribers into this new GSM service keeping the old number unchanged.

Is it prepaid only or postpaid also?

Mr bharav, i also congratulate u in advance. becoz AP will soon come under launch. and i expect u will get sim before end of this month.

Thank you, Mr. Saket !! :)

Vigorous campaign for Tata Docomo in TN in all newspaper and FM radio. The mobile market is getting hot in TN. Really I was impressed by MTS and now by TATA Docomo. Tata Docomo being GSM is sure to succeed with strong TATA brand name to support it. Where is Reliance GSM? Just in T20