Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

Well..

Just a piece of info -

Tata Docomo considers Tata Indicom and Virgin Mobile as on net.

U r repeating same info given by me on 25th jun.

She cleared my doubt, calls from tata-tata are ONnet calls.

Tata means( Tata indicom+tata docomo+ virgin mobile)

And for on net following are rate cutter packs

Special Tariff Vouchers (with Validity of 30 days) :

For TN:

MRP:25 - BEFNIFIT: On Net Local at 1p for 2 sec equivalent to 30p/min

For ORISSA:

MRP: 25 - BEFNIFIT: On Net Local at 1p for 2 sec equivalent to 30p/min

For KERALA:

MRP: 25 - BEFNIFIT: On Net Local at 1p for 2 sec equivalent to 30p/min

^^^

What about 'Walky' and their wire line? Are they also onnet or offnet just like our own RGSM?

And BTW, RGSM considers RCDMA mobiles as Onnet already, if I am not wrong. Only RCDMA FWPs and RCOM LLs are offnet in RGSM.

Edited by KumaarShah

^^^

What about 'Walky' and their wire line? Are they also onnet or offnet just like our own RGSM?

And BTW, RGSM considers RCDMA mobiles as Onnet already, if I am not wrong. Only RCDMA FWPs and RCOM LLs are offnet in RGSM.

Dear Mr. Kumaar Shah

Walky and Wire-line services ARE CONSIDERED as on-net unconditionally by Tata Teleservices!

Edited by bhargavachandra

^^^

Thanks Mr. Bhargava Chandra for the info. It will be helpful for many.... Definitely RGSM needs to learn a lot from Tata DoCoMo.....

all outlets here were supposed to get sim today morning.. but so far no one received. i went to 8 outlets now in my town. all are saying the same.. when they call the distributor he says he is on the way to their shop.. no idea whats happening..

Here there was Euphoria listening about Tata Docomo's plans.

Two of my friends want it tomoro.

Till now - full network. No call drops.

And even if there is a call drop( you wont feel bad because of per second billing :Contento: ).

One thing I also feel good is - it does not feel that I am using a new operator's service.

The network is stable. Till now no inter connect issues. GPRS working fine. ( costly though).

One bad thing - yesterday I had a bad time connecting to the CC. I think they already gathered many subscribers

in the first few days of their launch, and they are not equipped to handle the traffic to their CC.

Reliance GSM - Now I get Zero/one bar out of seven (LOL). :rofl_200:

GPRS working fine. ( costly though).

what is the cost? is it not 10p/10kb ??

Yes it is. It's 1p/kb. Outside home location - it's 10p/10kb.

( Assumption : you can use data while using some other GSM network during roaming)

And hence I was surprised yesterday - using the airtelgprs APN it got connected to the google.

I said costly as I have unlimited free (for Rs. 125/month). As per CC they are working on the new vouchers and very soon

they will come up with great offerings. Let's see!

( Assumption : you can use data while using some other GSM network during roaming)

And hence I was surprised yesterday - using the airtelgprs APN it got connected to the google.

I said costly as I have unlimited free (for Rs. 125/month). As per CC they are working on the new vouchers and very soon

they will come up with great offerings. Let's see!

with whom they have roaming agreement. plz ask cc guys.

also post apn of tata.

Better than giving the best offers on a non existent network(RGSM), it seems TATA's have done their homework well and are more focussed on quality right from the word go.

But even now it is too early to write off RGSM or to upgrade Tata GSM as a good buy. Only time will tell and this topic would gather steam once the pan India launch is in place. Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope for a better launch and reception than RGSM.

Still a small confusion.. 1p/kb = 10p/10kb

if u meant 1p/10kb in home and 10p/10kb in roaming then its far cheap than other networks.

:) this is my 1111 th post :)

Edited by savramesh

Still a small confusion.. 1p/kb = 10p/10kb

if u meant 1p/10kb in home and 10p/10kb in roaming then its far cheap than other networks.

:) this is my 1111 th post :)

It's the same as other operators. I had concerned regarding this. I gave a complaint.

I was sent an SMS with complaint ID. After that I got a call from a landline - +91 40 .......(Hyderabad, I believe).

Then the guy talked to me in Hindi ( addressing me Sir jee - it was so wierd).

1p/kb - like their per sec tariff, per kb tariff.

Then I said I would need something better (as a feedback). He replied - just wait,it's just two days since the launch.

They are working on other vouchers that would be much better than the existing operators. Let's see!

all outlets here were supposed to get sim today morning.. but so far no one received. i went to 8 outlets now in my town. all are saying the same.. when they call the distributor he says he is on the way to their shop.. no idea whats happening..

Dear Mr. Ramesh,

I just now called you, but couldn't reach. I spoke with the TN CC guys and strongly insisted that I want atleast one retailer name where he is 100% confident that I'll get a SIM..... and also added it doesn't matter even if the shop is located 10 KM away from Nagercoil. He gave the following addresses:

Shop#1: Metro Cellcom, near collector's office, opposite K.P. Road.

Shop#2: Mobile World, 81E, opposite to Shankar Lingam Hospital.

Shop#3: Cell park, near Deena Bank, Kottar.

I'm sure you would have checked these shops, but just sending in case if you missed any one.

I am getting DOCOMO post paid on 1.7.09 number is 9043333333, I am likely to be qualifying among first five postpaid sales.

Got the SIM this evening.

It is not being recognized by one of my old N3310 (which i had planned to use for this SIM). But working fine with other Nokia/SE phones. Stable network with no call drops so far. The dealer said that the SIM not recognized is a common complaint with the TD SIMs since they were launched.

PS: Any ideas why the SIM is not working on specific phone models? I thought it was something related to the firmware of the phone. But this N3310 has a 2004 release firmware.. I had seen similar comments when RGSM was also launched. Some members even posted the same in here. A query to those members...did the phone recognize the SIM after some days? Or was it permanently disabled on RGSM?

Edited by ipkonfig

Shop#1: Metro Cellcom, near collector's office, opposite K.P. Road.

Shop#2: Mobile World, 81E, opposite to Shankar Lingam Hospital.

Shop#3: Cell park, near Deena Bank, Kottar.

@bhargavachandra, you are doing great job. so nice of you..

thanks for the info.. sim reached most of the outlets in the late evening..just came back after a hunt.. i saw around 200 numbers in diff outlets, but i didnt like any numbers. have requested few outlets to get me a good number.

Edited by savramesh

Few old handsets are not compatible for 64 K sim, that could be one of the reason, it is not working in old models.

sorry if posted earlier

Now 24-hour Music @ 2p/second

No rent or hidden charges!

Keeping up with our promise of ‘Pay as you Use’, we offer you a 24-hour Music channel. Just enjoy the music, on the go and just pay for what you listen, when you listen, without any fixed commitments per month! Pay just 2 paise / second when you call the 24 hour Music channel: Call 543213.

VoiceChat !

Talk to like-minded people No Rentals! Just 2p/ second

Just call 543216, set up your profile and there you go! Voice Chat offers you the opportunity to ‘hear and be heard’. Everyone who sets up a profile gets an opportunity to go through the profile of others…and we are just happy to be the connecting bridge! Pay just 2 paise per second when you call the VoiceChat Service: Call 543216.

Missed Call Alerts !

A 100% free service!

Why should we charge you for doing our ‘job’? Its your ‘right’ to know in case there is a Missed call for your number!

Our Missed Call Alert comes pre-activated on your TATA DOCOMO. This service enables you to know the phone number of the person who called you while you were out of coverage area or when your mobile was switched off.

Voicemail Service

A 100% free service

TATA DOCOMO provides you free Voicemail service at no monthly rentals, no deposit or retrieval charges. You can divert your calls to your voicemail box when you do not answer or are not reachable and the caller will be able to leave a voicemail for you.. Just type ACT VM and sms to 121 to activate the service on your TATA DOCOMO.

Genie

Just say the ‘name’…and our ‘Genie’ will do the rest! TATA DOCOMO Genie is the Call me tune Search Service. It’s a music search, where you just say the name of the song/film and we will set it as your Call me tune, from our bank of 75,000 songs!

Download any tune with ‘ONE TIME’ charge of Rs 15 / tune. ‘Call me’ tune subscription charges will be Rs 30/month, which is auto renewable after 30 days from subscription.

To use this service, call 543215. Charges 2 paise / second

Good launch with all features.. cheap too comparing with other networks..

Edited by savramesh

Got the SIM this evening.

It is not being recognized by one of my old N3310 (which i had planned to use for this SIM). But working fine with other Nokia/SE phones. Stable network with no call drops so far. The dealer said that the SIM not recognized is a common complaint with the TD SIMs since they were launched.

PS: Any ideas why the SIM is not working on specific phone models? I thought it was something related to the firmware of the phone. But this N3310 has a 2004 release firmware.. I had seen similar comments when RGSM was also launched. Some members even posted the same in here. A query to those members...did the phone recognize the SIM after some days? Or was it permanently disabled on RGSM?

One more reason might be - the operating frequency. I think TATA is operating using the 1800 Mhz frequency band.So the phones (earliar models) which does not support this frequency range - will not work( may be it uses 900 Mhz).

But oops! 3310 can work with 900/1800. :Equivocado:

Few old handsets are not compatible for 64 K sim, that could be one of the reason, it is not working in old models.

So are you saying postpaid will be launched on 1st of july? :Sorprendido:

So are you saying postpaid will be launched on 1st of july? :Sorprendido:

Yes, it is..checkout http://www.tatadocomo.com/postpaid.aspx

any idea guys about tata indicom cosider tata docomo as on net?

sorry if it a off topic.

any idea guys about tata indicom cosider tata docomo as on net?

Dear Mr. Ajin,

I spoke with the Tata Indicom Tamil Nadu CC guy 3 days ago regarding this issue, and he told me that he doesn't have any update on this. I will let you know once operations start in my circle.

I hope Indicom will certainly consider DoCoMo as on-net. Indicom is not known to be stingy in planning its offerings, their offers usually don't have any unfair restrictions.

For example, in Andhra Pradesh, when Indicom gave free on-net minutes they can be used at any time, unlike other operators which say "free minutes to be used between 11pm to 6am" (which is the time when people sleep!!!) Another example is the Recharge Voucher 240(Intra-Circle) and RC 490(Inter-Circle) in AP which gave Indicom users to make unlimited on-net calls to any Tata phone in AP or India, it doesn't matter whether you call mobile/landline or Tata/Virgin all that really mattered was that the number should start either with '92' in case of mobiles or '6' in case of Walky/Wire-line. Every operator has what they call "Black-Out days" when standard SMS charges will be applicable even if you subscribe to a free SMS packs,.... Tata Indicom has the least number of "Black-Out days". They didn't even considered 'Valentine's day' as a black-out day, except for few national holidays and religious festivals.

Sorry for the lengthy script......

Edited by bhargavachandra

I have a strong feeling that this time, TATA has got their priorities right and will succeed very well. The plans are reasonable and also cheap and the services also are good, the tie-up with DoCoMo also augurs well for them. Hope they do not screw it up later on a la RCOM. They seem to have done their pre-launch home work very well. And the 1ps per second tariff nationally will blow away the competition. RCOM will have to improvise their plans and services or else people will say TATA to them forever.

Since tie up with DoCoMo, they will be surely better in 3G. As Kumarshah rightly said, if they do not screw up their priorities.