Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
me_saket

Promotional Offer From Bsnl For Nic And Evdo

From 1st july, BSNL is likely to increase tariff for INTERNET on CDMA.

From current tariff of Rs250/month for CDMA1x NIC to New Rs350

and

From current tariff of Rs550/month for CDMA EVDO to New Rs650/

But if u are a subscriber before 30th june. u will get old tariff for next 6 month.

And ADD on that

Sale price of Card also reduced by 32% in case of NIC from Rs2500 to Rs1680.

Sale price of Card also reduced by 40% in case of NIC from Rs3500 to Rs2100.

above offer Valid till 30sep

So overall saving of Rs.820 for data card and 600 for rent in NIC = 1420

and overall saving of Rs.1000 for data card and 600 for rent in NIC = 1600.

This is never before offer.

One more benefit for internet savy, u can also go into roaming with this data card too.

That means SONE PE SUHAGA.

Other offer is

Unlimited Internet on CDMA 2000 1X using FWT/IFWT/HHT

BSNL also offers unlimited Internet access and downloading facility on CDMA 2000 1X technology by using FWT/IFWT/HHT with internet surfing speed up to 144 kbps @ Rs. 250/- per month wherein a customer can avail the facility of Local/STD/ISD calls at normal telephone call charges.

* This offer is valid upto 31-7-2009.

Source http://bsnl.in/service/internet_on_cdma.htm

Best Move Ever by BSNL

I am using their EVDO service and its quite better as compared to other private operators , in terms of tariff / speed etc.

Please let me know if anyone want any information of EVDO.

Edited by techlive

Best Move Ever by BSNL

I am using their EVDO service and its quite better as compared to other private operators , in terms of tariff / speed etc.

Please let me know if anyone want any information of EVDO.

Bro,

Although BSNL EVDO is cheap and that's the reason i am using it for past 2 months now but in d past couple of days the download speed has gown down here in J&K circle to 30-40Kbps direct download (i am although using orbit download manager for higher speeds.)

The worst issue with BSNL was Torrent download, the speed used to be 10-12kbps on account of blockage of outgoing ports by BSNL. But now, i am getting good speed for torrents @30Kbps approx.

Also, the rapidshare issue is now resolved. I mean the IP issue issue..........

Kindly post ur experience.................

I am using BSNL EVDO from last 8 months ever since it launched in Pune. I am paying Rs. 550/month. Do I have to pay Rs. 650 now onwards ?

I am using BSNL EVDO from last 8 months ever since it launched in Pune. I am paying Rs. 550/month. Do I have to pay Rs. 650 now onwards ?

yes after december 31st 2009, that is 6month from now.

anyway what is avg spped u get?

It gave me different speed in the different part of the city. At Jahangir Hospital it gave me between 1.1 to 1.8 Gbps. But at Lullanagar it gave me 100 to 400 kbps and in worst condition it gives 44kbps to 80kbps but that is very rare.

Guys, when i clicked on the link mentioned in the 1st post, the price for the cards has been mentioned at a discount. But there is one catch. The discounted price is for PCMCIA cards and not for USB ones..

Someone please clarify this, if what i said is correct or wrong...

Guys, when i clicked on the link mentioned in the 1st post, the price for the cards has been mentioned at a discount. But there is one catch. The discounted price is for PCMCIA cards and not for USB ones..

Someone please clarify this, if what i said is correct or wrong...

Promotional Offer – BSNL has reduced the sale price of PCMCIA type of NIC and EVDO cards to Rs. 1680/- and Rs 2100/- respectively. Offer valid till stock lasts or upto 30-9-09 whichever is earlier

it what written in link.

EVDO cards means :: EVDO USB modem, bcoz, they do't offer EVDO in PCMCI type.

^^ thanks man... I shall go and book one now itself... its a real deal if its in USB, because for 650 (+service tax), one gets unlimited downloads, and also in roaming...

Real nice...

^^ thanks man... I shall go and book one now itself... its a real deal if its in USB, because for 650 (+service tax), one gets unlimited downloads, and also in roaming...

Real nice...

When I enquired in Hyderabad they said both are PCMCI TYPE and further informed that roaming is not yet activated.

Real nice...

When I enquired in Hyderabad they said both are PCMCI TYPE and further informed that roaming is not yet activated.

u do't worry about roaming, it will soon activated to all customer, but if u need urgently, apply them.

if they say both PCMCI, then ask for demo and confirm urself.

^^^ hmmm... ill ask for a demo.. tht'll be better...

^^ I went to the BSNL office, and they are saying that the Rs. 2100 offer is only for PCMCIA type cards.. :(

Is there any adaptor/cable, which would provide a PCMCIA slot at one end, and USB at the other??

Yes. when USB datacards were not available there was PCMCIA to USB conversion available.

@setu, can you provide me a link or anything where i would eb able to buy this conversion adaptor?

Could anyone please tell me the list of cities where Bsnl evdo is fully functional and can be got... like e.g. meerut? as their customercare is just useless in this regards.

Also if I take this usb modem in Meerut, will I be able to roam in Delhi/Faridabad etc. and also get evdo speeds there?

Edited by dkaile

Could anyone please tell me the list of cities where Bsnl evdo is fully functional and can be got... like e.g. meerut? as their customercare is just useless in this regards.

Also if I take this usb modem in Meerut, will I be able to roam in Delhi/Faridabad etc. and also get evdo speeds there?

better visit exchage and ask for demo,

u can roam to NCR, where ever their is bsnl exchage, say e.g. noida

From where did you purchased it. In Yerawada exchange, EVDO instruments are not available.

@setu, can you provide me a link or anything where i would eb able to buy this conversion adaptor?

Not very sure about it. But you should be able to get it at Shantinath, near Manekbaug hall, Amdavad.

From where did you purchased it. In Yerawada exchange, EVDO instruments are not available.

I bought it from Bhavanipeth exchange.

better visit exchage and ask for demo,...

The sarkari ppl, mostly are not interested in showing any demo.

Not very sure about it. But you should be able to get it at Shantinath, near Manekbaug hall, Amdavad.

So It is available... hmm...any idea wat is it called?? i mean wat should i say the hardware guys??

No idea. But the guys at Shantinath are smart enough they will understand when you explain them.

Just found this from google : http://www.roalan.com/USB%20to%20PCMCIA%20Adapter.htm

Edited by MOBILE FAN

^^ Thanks for the link... It would surely solve some issue of mine..

^^ ... It would surely solve some issue of mine..

I doubt. Because it seems that converter + PCMCAI card will cost more than the USB card. I think it would be better to go with USB Card. But still you buy the converter plz. update the forum with its price.

You are right... I was searching the web for the adaptor... and everywhere it was more than USD 50... so I think it would be wise togo for a usb than a PCMCIA and then use an adaptor... :)

Nevertheless, if I get to see a convertor for les, I shall surely update it here.. :)