Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

If any of you want to activate GV let me know i will be happy to assist you.

Dear Prawin

I received a mail from google voice but when I tried it says the facility is not available in India. Please do the needful

Thanks and regards

Babulu

For all those of you who need a US phone number, download gizmo5 client and create an account. This gives you a free US phone number. Now add this phone number to your google voice account for verification. Now, go to https://www.gizmocall.com/ and login using your gizmo username and password.Click on verify phone in GV account Logging into gizmocall.com is important because the gizmo5 desktop client has problems sending dtmf tones back to google. But the web based client works fine. When google calls for verification, enter the code and you get verified. Now you can make and receive US calls using your google account and gizmo5.

Gizmo5 doesnt allow to create call-in number for free.

Any other alternative ?

Edited by MOBILE FAN

you have to have a physical number and not virtual nos.

I have so far used 4 gizmo5 numbers with my GV accounts. And they are free. Besides, google itself provides the option to select gizmo in the phone options.

post-1653-124835319412_thumb.jpg

And here is the Grandcentral (former google voice) help page for using gizmo with google voice

http://www.grandcentral.com/howitworks/gizmo

Edited by mathewvp

:previous: Thats great, will try out Gizmo for the forwarding number!

I have so far used 4 gizmo5 numbers with my GV accounts. And they are free. Besides, google itself provides the option to select gizmo in the phone options.

post-1653-124835319412_thumb.jpg

And here is the Grandcentral (former google voice) help page for using gizmo with google voice

http://www.grandcentral.com/howitworks/gizmo

I am not able to find any option from where it creates a phone number. As given on GrandCentral, I tried to "Edit" "My Profile" but the SIP remains blank and disabled. Can you plz. guide me as how to create a phone number ?

I am attaching the screenshot of "My Profile" showing that the SIP is blank and disabled.

post-9115-12483617068_thumb.jpg

I am not able to find any option from where it creates a phone number. As given on GrandCentral, I tried to "Edit" "My Profile" but the SIP remains blank and disabled. Can you plz. guide me as how to create a phone number ?

After you have created your gizmo5 account, login at https://my.gizmo5.com using your gizmo5 username and password. You get your SIP phone no there.

post-1653-124836899378_thumb.jpg

Also, while you are on that page, turn off Voicemail. Otherwise all unattended calls on GV will go to gizmo5 voicemail.

Yes, I can see my SIP number there.

Thanks. But after login to the Gizmo Call window (Dialer window) when I dial the SIP number from my landline it doesnt ring. Am I doing something wrong ?

OK, So I have got my sip number on gizmo5. But how do I log into Google Voice to register that number? Its giving me that message as I have already detailed in post 20...

Find a working public US proxy and change your browser network connection settings to use that proxy and access google voice page.

As per post 20 you had problem that you were trying to register on Google voice and it was telling you that "Google Voice is not available in your country.". It is already described in this thread that it is happening because you are trying to do it from inidan IP address. If you somehow can do it with US IP then the problem will not come. Arun has also described that how he did it.

But right now my problem is different. Though I know my SIP of Gizmo, I am not able to dial that SIP number from my landline. It says "You call cannot be completed as dialled plz. check the number and dial again". So if I add it to the GV, GV will not be able to call me there and so I will not be able to verify the number for GV. So I am not able to complete the GV registration.

Edited by MOBILE FAN

So if I add it to the GV, GV will not be able to call me there and so I will not be able to verify the number for GV.

Why don't you try adding this number to GV and try to verify instead of assuming it won't work? Google can call gizmo numbers, just choose gizmo from the drop down list when adding the phone.

Here's a trick using which a Google voice user can make free calls even if he/she resides in India..

http://is.gd/1JXag

@mathewvp

easier said that done... a few detailed steps/procedure would be highly appreciated...to get working public us proxy...

Edited by dkaile

I am assuming it because I think that if it doesnt work from real physical landline number then how it will work from GV. Anyway, I will try from GV and update here.

^

You can forward calls to say a skype address that you have and answer the call... you are unable to call that no. because it is restricted for US dialing only...

@djain

that link does not give any method to get a us proxy... so its back to square one.... we already have got US no. from gizmo5 as per steps detailed by mathewvp...

@mathewvp,

Yesterday, I left the GV registration in between. Now when I am login into it, it directly put me to a dialogbox where it is asking me to enter a Forwarding Phone (step - 3 of registration). If I enter the SIP of Gizmo, it says "Account must have atleast one physical phone". There are only three phone types listed on the dialogbox - Home, Work and Mobile and it doesnt list Gizmo there.

The link posted by @djain says that :

" 4. In Google Voice, click “Settings“, and then “Phones“.

5. Click “Add Another phone” and paste the SIP number from Gizmo into the box. "

But while login to GV it directly opens this dialog box where “Settings“ is not available. So there is no way to “Add Another phone”

@mathewvp

easier said that done... a few detailed steps/procedure would be highly appreciated...to get working public us proxy...

@dkaile

http://technicalbliss.blogspot.com/2007/04/how-to-use-free-proxy-with-firefox.html

Nope, that didnt work... I added a US proxy server, restarted firefox but I still got the message as in post 20...

^^ Did you select the proxy of US ?

a actual number - a physical number is required.

physical no. is secondary issue... first is to login in GV... and of course I used a US proxy server...

once the account is set then you can loging from here too. your account is not set.