Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Htc Hero - The Latest Android Kid On The Block

OK guys, ASLI HERO aa GAYA.....

So the Android Hero is coming/here... I am starting this topic to discuss its pros and cons...

First its specifications are here - http://www.htc.com/u...rint#tech-specs

Briefly - 528MHz processor, ROM: 512MB, RAM: 288MB DDR, upto 32GB microSD™ memory card, 3.2-inch 320 x 480 HVGA resolution, 262K-color TFT LCD touch-sensitive screen with LED backlight, CDMA+EVDO Rev.A, 5MP camera with video (no flash), GPS, Bluetooth 2.0 with A2DP, WiFi, 3.5mm jack, 128 grams, 1500 maH battery...

Wall Street Journal writes here - http://online.wsj.co...2522308908.html Overall, I found the HTC Hero to be the best Android phone I've tested, and a worthy competitor to the iPhone, the BlackBerry and the Pre.

Crunch Gear writes here - http://www.crunchgea...ro-from-sprint/ The Hero is Android perfected and it is an excellent phone. I would recommend it over the Palm Pre and, dare I say it, something like the iPhone 3G. It isn’t too much to pay for the best Android phone on the market.

more coming....

For actual SCREENSHOTS see page 9

General/Hero Q&A

I present to you a FAQ for newcomers or the generally uninformed to find quick answers.

General

Q:
What is a ROM?

A:
A ROM is a complete system image of the Android operating system. For much more detailed info, read

Q:
How do I install a ROM?

A:
ROMs can be flashed once you have rooted your phone and flashed a custom recovery image. After that, you can apply a rom zip via the recovery menu. Detailed info

Q:
Where can I find more info about ROMs?

A:
In the two links above.

Q:
What is Apps2SD and how do I use it?

A:
Apps2SD is a script that will do exactly as it implies so you are no longer limited to your phone's internal storage. First you must be running a custom ROM that supports it and secondly you need to format your SD card as FAT+ext2. Once that requirement is met, the rest will be automatic. Alternative you could install a2sd on stock rom manually if you wanted to for whatever reason. Warning: Formatting your SD card will erase ALL of the data on it. If you want to keep it, make a backup.

Q:
All the Market downloads are stalling. How can I fix this?

A:
Sign into Gtalk. The two are closely related even though you'd never guess. For an in-depth discussion head over to

HTC Hero Specific

Q:
How do I root my Sprint CDMA Hero?

A:
You've got a few options concerning this. There's the
, and
method.

Q:
How can I remove pre-installed apps?

A:
Head on over to
for detailed instructions.

Q:
How can I get rid of ringtones and notifications I've downloading from showing up in the Music app?

A:
Create a folder in the root of your SD card called "media" and a folder called "audio" inside that one. Inside the "audio" folder, create a "notifications", "ringtones", or "alarms" depending on your needs and place the files in the desired folder. Example: media>audio>ringtones>custom-ringtone.mp3

(Courtesy: XDA)

post-18748-126105342048_thumb.jpg

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

:previous: :previous:

So finally Dhiraj bhai ..u got power of HERO ..... :winko: ...do post the 1st hand review of it .... :)

i m using HTC Hero on GSM and believe me its really fantastic phone.Much Faster and stable OS comparative with WM.Frds Go ahead and get it :SI:

CDMA Hero has these added advantages over GSM Hero -

- The ugly chin is gone, more rounded shape and easier to pocket

- Larger battery 1500maH instead of 1350maH (though talk time of gsm model is more due to technology difference)

- Larger Trackball size

- Better button layout

- Newer Processor

Is any way around to have a call blocking utility in android background - like Magicall for WM and callblocker for BB, i know that you can block individual Nos in phonebook but no software as in my knowledge.

Android is still evolving and not for everybody yet; its still a bit geeky with which everyone isnt comfortable; softwares are increasing day by day....

Is any way around to have a call blocking utility in android background - like Magicall for WM and callblocker for BB, i know that you can block individual Nos in phonebook but no software as in my knowledge.

i m using Gblocker for blocking unwanted call and sms and its working fine on my GSM Hero.

com.guardam.blocker_3_.zip

• Like 1

On the contrary, android is simpler to use and adapt to... I have been with it for over two three months and curse myself for having not reached this party earlier

CDMA Hero has these added advantages over GSM Hero -

- The ugly chin is gone, more rounded shape and easier to pocket

- Larger battery 1500maH instead of 1350maH (though talk time of gsm model is more due to technology difference)

- Larger Trackball size

- Better button layout

- Newer Processor

Well I kinda liked GSM model design better than CDMA one...

kindly post a group sms software...

sadikk is prebooking at 19K afaik....

Android is still evolving and not for everybody yet; its still a bit geeky with which everyone isnt comfortable; softwares are increasing day by day....

Software is Increasin day by day I contradicst

It have 20000+ Apps on Android App Market and Windows does only have 600 and out of 40000+ Windws Apps 70% is not working on latest Base.

The Quality of Apps on ANdroid is Far Batter then Windows and its 20% the Size of general cab file on Windows.

kindly post a group sms software...

every thing is in Market Just Find using Bar Code and Click to Download and Install Attaching .apk file (Like .cab in Windows) is infact more Tidius job.

There are i think 2 3 Group SMS Software dont worry

^ I hv yet to find a group sms application for android... lol... it shud be built in into roms nowadays...

Have booked my Hero.... eagerly awaiting it... Sadik Bhai hope you hearing.......

• Like 1

First Hero's activated on Reliance; RWorld, 1X data all working perfectly....

^^^ this is great... kiska chalu ho gaya bhai?? aur kitna waqt laga reliance chalu hone mein??

^

as the famous words from WHERE EAGLES DARE..... All sins forgiven..... Full Success achieved...

Sprint Hero to be updated to Android 2.1 (codename FLAN) launching on 5th Jan; Sprint will officially provide update to it...

http://www.mobiletop...2-1-update.html

http://home.leakdroi...gets/#more-3432

Be up-to-date with the latest Android News at androidspin here - http://www.androidspin.com/

Edited by dkaile

congratulations dhiraj

First Hero's activated on Reliance; RWorld, 1X data all working perfectly....

Great.

I am also expecting to do the same soon

I have my HTC Hero sprint ... my friend got it from US !! and now waiting to get it activated.

am using htc mogul right now, and also ordered a blank MEID card from sadikk. Can somebody tell me/guide me how to proceed with the activation ?? plzzzz i cant wait to get it running on reliance guys !!

any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks a lot

tsk tsk :nono: not here...