Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kshah

Is Rimweb Turning To Be Buy And Sell Market Place?

Though I am not a seller, I feel that buying/selling is extremely important for this forum as CDMA operators do not offer any good/advanced handsets so if people can't buy the latest CDMA handsets then most of them wouldn't have any need to visit this forum at all.

And the easiest way to buy these handsets is this forum as there's some indication of the reliability of the sellers and it has also created a good second hand market.

For example the only reason I am interested in this forum is to see what is possible on the different handsets so that I can buy/upgrade. If i have a useless/old handset from the operator then why would I come here frequently ?

Most people are not interested in learning hacks for handsets which they neither own nor can hope to buy.

Though I do agree that more info sharing by sellers is required. Also can someone tell me what is the process to get access to the techie enclave ?

I am not contemplating a handset change at all, bhai. I am shooting questions just to get hands-on information through personal experiences of people living in India. I really did not think that my shooting questions would be taken like that. I am sorry for wasting precious forum resources this way.

There was a time when your signature said that we could call you for anything related to Reliance. Now it is nothing but a visiting card. I wouldn't comment on your remark on the reach of your phones...my comment will venture into the absolute bare which most wouldn't appreciate on surface.

Also, you got the harsh words because 1. you had not mentioned in your selling material that the set is used, and 2. The set conked out the very same evening that I got it, without my doing anything, 3. When I sent it back to you, you told that the touch is broken...and that I can buy a new set for so much. I did not think that time, but now I wonder that could the set be really not repaired? 4. Exactly same thing happend to the other set I bought from you.. and when I went to a guy who opened it, he showed the mess that was made inside it. He charged Rs. 600 to repair something with the touch. So much for being a techie. The hard words were because of your selling description not clearly telling things that extremely new buyers such as me ought to have known.

However, next time you were crystal clear.... you said everything that a good description should. And you know that since then I have not said anything hard...because now you are cent per cent clear of what we are getting and what not. But yet, there are times you falter, as was a case about a BB I read sometime back.

The problems about legal things and custom courts you complain are part of the business you are in. I am in content writing business not because of samaj seva, but because I like writing and this is my vocation. I can't say that I am in this field taking pains for all those who accept by bids for their projects and pay me. You could talk about pains if you were doing something for free. When something is done painstakingly, it is not for profit. And if it is, they don't make it sound as if they took pains for us without which we'd be dead.

You are importing because we want them, and we want them because you get them. It is always a demand and supply game...supply can't feel too proud, nor should demand feel too great.

Personally, I am on a forum because of the community feeling. I am using a handset and here is a forum that discusses about it, so I follow it. Because this is an Indian forum. Topics and issues are related to India. We all follow several foreign forums too, and there is much more development to be had through them.

It is about information sharing. Buy-Sell can never be an integral part of a forum. Basic idea of a forum is always for information exchange. The word "forum" is different from is different from the word "store" or "marketplace" .... eBay is not a forum. As simple as that. RIMweb is becoming a targeted marketplace for all things Reliance. I am having a feeling that my reputation will soon be in negative, and I will be awarded with desh-nikaala for voicing.

Edited by shubhanyu
  • Like 1

I would like to mention the fact that i joined this forum after google seach to do some tinkering on my old lg rd2130 ( ?? ) handset and the forum was abuzz because reliance as a company was very active with new phones, plans, facility etc.........went to gsm and also noticed that rcom changed hands from mukesh to anil became stable ? / dull and boring after that the forum became active when people imported handsets and got cracking on them..... I believe that the forum would have been dull if this would have been missing after all how much you can discuss about reliance.

My suggestions to arun would be as follows ( many of them would be repeat )

1. A descision needs to be taken about the philosphy of the forum whether it is only a forum to deal with Rcom / CDMA in India / Mobile Services in India/general stuff / buy sell listing etc. that will help in organizing it into sections and the members can then restrict themselves to area of their choice without bothering/Commenting on other things

2. IN view new posts if possible there can be option to view updates as per your choice of section.

3. Since selling involves use of rimweb name we could have some criteria for seller that could be min posts and membership period or if the MODS know him in person should be allowed to post.

4. Sellers can contribute to forum expenses by paying for their Listing.

5. Add a disclaimer that rimweb is not involved in selling process its only an online media. If you post any classified online or in paper is editorial staff responsible for it .....Its duty of buyer to be aware and prevent himself to be taken for ride. ( if point no 3 is not acceptable )

6. There is lots of general stuff like which notebook which camera etc which is posted because rimweb is like a family or group of friends and in india we have this tendency of asking people around us for many things and solutions ...now when this kind of stuff is read by hard core techie members they feel its waste of time because they dont want this stuff. So we need to restructure the forum so that navigation becomes easy.

7. Arun if possible can you post a graph of new members and total posts on a yearly basis for last 5 - 6 years that will probably explain increse in lots of non techie posts.

8. a thank you button to decrease total post count.

Edited by Dr.Gagan
  • Like 2

guys i think the discussion is going in wrong way.....why not we shud stick on the topic...

better we shud give suggestions to admin tht what changes shud b made rather than blaming each other.....

the one thing i know abt rimweb tht i never felt this much trust on any web...when i talk to Dr. muffi or dkaile or sadikk or anyone else i just feel one thing tht he is not a fraud n ll never cheat me...the rimweb is more like a family thn a forum.....keep this spirit up.....

thanks Dr. gagan...u initiated it while i was typing my post....clap.gifclap.gif

:previous::signthankspin: waiting for a button to reduce posts such as this.....

i dont know wht all steps will be taken

but i suggest and insist on one thing

retstart membership of TECHIE ENCLAVE

remove all noobs

let it be only for techies and devs

otherwise it makes no sense making it an underground section , if half the forum is over there

PS: it doesnt harm either to openly admit that there exists an underground section in this forum

all forums have it and all forums ackownledge it

other forums have simple policy , if u not a dev/aspiring techie/contributor u dont belong in DEV section

@rimwebians

lets stay on topic

The point is entire discussion should be money exchange should not cause hinderence in development of forum, individual or group.

the actual theme of this topic is what kshah said

Then my doubt is if a person who is not a tchie or DEV buys a phone and he wants to crack it..then what should he do ? Now he can access techie enclave and do it..

If techie is opened only for DEV or techie, then situation will become like only techies will be using the handsets...

Its just from My point of view...

first i would like to suggest PIN this topic

also if possible put it on top of index page.

Then my doubt is if a person who is not a tchie or DEV buys a phone and he wants to crack it..then what should he do ? Now he can access techie enclave and do it..

Then he wants to be a leecher without contributing first to this forum....

and we, of course, would always be there to help all genuine members...

Edited by dkaile

If techie is opened only for DEV or techie, then situation will become like only techies will be using the handsets...

Its just from My point of view...

i agree with ur point

but u see u r also going on same lines

meaning u would like to come to TE only when u buy a new phone and after that vanish

( i m just giving my thought no pun intended)

also lets agree to fact , most people with little technical knowledge still dont do it on their own after reading posts on TE they still pm or ask others members for help or to do it for them .

( i m not underestimating anyone , but this is what i see on forum )

If techie is opened only for DEV or techie, then situation will become like only techies will be using the handsets..

lol

as long as i m there and other techies are there u think that will ever happen

after all the help and troubleshooting i have given u for ur handsets ( remember ur half dead touch pro )

I dont think noobs need to fear that they will not be able to use handsets if not given access to protected area. People here appear to be helpful to new comers even. As far as I am concerned, even in big forums like howard and mobile-files or xda best of the techies have replied my PM's. May be after 2-3 days. But they have replied.

Also this thread is not and should not be SADIK centric. He is just a seller on this forum. Its purely co incidental that he is perhaps oldest seller and has more satisfied customers than any other seller on forum. One of the reason is he took risks first.

It is very important for all the members to realize that solution some of technical problem do involve money, some time big money. I have bricked couple of expensive handsets. I have spent lots of money on useless hardware as well - like modem, handsets, data cables, software (licensed) just to gain nothing. As I am not in business of cracking or hacking & I am no expert still.

Again purpose of posting this thread was to make clear what RIMweb should be. Its fine if Admin group thinks that Rimweb is best in current format. Its also fine if every one thinks and work to ensure that Rimweb remains clean trust worthy idea (first) and goods (last) exchange place.

• Like 1

Before commenting on this topic we all should keep the following thing in mind.

this is on main page.

Welcome to Reliance Mobile (CDMA & GSM) - Discussion Forums

RIMweb.in an unbiased independent public discussion forum for the Reliance Mobile (CDMA & GSM) subscribers community. Our aim here is to provide a platform for all Reliance Mobile users to discuss/share their experiences, grievances, etc., and to share their knowledge with other users of Reliance Mobile in an efficient and interactive manner. We hope you will enjoy your stay here and find it to be a vibrant exchange of opinions!

I think nobs will be coming to our forum to get their handset activated to rim or tata.

If we don't help them, then this forum will be only for experts,

My main concern is seller, individual person coming and asking for help is different,

But person coming here only for selling is problem.

Also some seller are clearly writing in their post that buy from me and get activation process in forum or by experts here.

Edited by hitesh123

""You!! my friend(Ya one of the reason is U)... rememebr when ur 6700 conked off what all u said???.. about where i live and all..................."

@ Sadikk and shubhanyu this story is dead now and let it be there its time you two go have a beer and shake hands - on me

What i feel that any tech forum is incomplete without its implementation......

what will tecies feed on just reading dose not give that kick they need hardware to play with, so a seller is required to supply it as no all of us sitting in remote places can import it.

and I fully agree with Dr KMM that techie enclave should me restructured (hoping to remain there after it) .... also mods should lay down a criteria for selling and buying both.

@ Dkaile its not possible to keep leachers away its our responsibility to buy and support genuine seller who has contributed in techi growth,

moods good luck i think it will take lot of your time.....

i support

1. sanctity of this forum is by effective flow of information. curbing that would kill the very essence here. but our forum is not ebay. so i guess the emphasis is on sharing information commonly. i'd like to add the phrase "on a need to know basis" to that. we all have seen the result of various loopholes discussed in public, being plugged hence wasting all the hard work.
  2. TE apart from being conservative in terms of allowing entry within, should make available info to everyone on a need to know basis. i can safely say not many here really are interested in going knee deep into the nuances and techniques involved in making things work hence limiting their "valuable additions" to TE either. all they want is just a solution to meet their end and they're off but lets remember they further help testing of procedures and practices invented in TE.
  3. pass on the control of TE to techies rather than other mods. HP could be a valid unanimous chocie.
  4. Sellers should be bound to share their tricks and tips to TE through mods before they sell newer phones. this will help combative pricing and policies. "forum politics" as my friend puts it :winko:
  5. spin off of buy-sell threads as a separate link when viewing new content. i am sure a lot of readers nowadays are primarily interested in just that content and nothing more so we more or less route that traffic away from discussion.
  6. listing fees for dealers and sellers once they have been approved either by way of number of posts or certain other credentials like service feedback claims along with individual standing. listing fees would also bind them to this forum the right way and merely not as a wham bham thankyou maam...
  7. lets find ways and means to encourage more and more peeps to join. they would bring in more info even if an iota.

p.s: dont be trivial targeting others on this pitch.

• Like 2

I think Dr. Gagan has made some excellent suggestions.

The posts here are more about buy/sell being a bone of contention than anything else - quite different from what the OP intended. Haven't we discussed By/Sell issues in the past too?

DJ...! You ROCK. +1. For thoughts as well as language skills.

i support

1. sanctity of this forum is by effective flow of information. curbing that would kill the very essence here. but our forum is not ebay. so i guess the emphasis is on sharing information commonly. i'd like to add the phrase "on a need to know basis" to that. we all have seen the result of various loopholes discussed in public, being plugged hence wasting all the hard work.
  2. TE apart from being conservative in terms of allowing entry within, should make available info to everyone on a need to know basis. i can safely say not many here really are interested in going knee deep into the nuances and techniques involved in making things work hence limiting their "valuable additions" to TE either. all they want is just a solution to meet their end and they're off but lets remember they further help testing of procedures and practices invented in TE.
  3. pass on the control of TE to techies rather than other mods. HP could be a valid unanimous chocie.
  4. Sellers should be bound to share their tricks and tips to TE through mods before they sell newer phones. this will help combative pricing and policies. "forum politics" as my friend puts it :winko:
  5. spin off of buy-sell threads as a separate link when viewing new content. i am sure a lot of readers nowadays are primarily interested in just that content and nothing more so we more or less route that traffic away from discussion.
  6. listing fees for dealers and sellers once they have been approved either by way of number of posts or certain other credentials like service feedback claims along with individual standing. listing fees would also bind them to this forum the right way and merely not as a wham bham thankyou maam...
  7. lets find ways and means to encourage more and more peeps to join. they would bring in more info even if an iota.

p.s: dont be trivial targeting others on this pitch.

Edited by shubhanyu

Dear Genius, I am personally fine ... he brought back the dead from the grave so I just helped by dusting the casket a little. Riendo.gif

Dear Genius, I am personally fine. I did not bring anything up... but when he brought back the dead from the grave, I had to help by dusting the casket a little. Riendo.gifwinko.gif

""You!! my friend(Ya one of the reason is U)... rememebr when ur 6700 conked off what all u said???.. about where i live and all..................."

Dude i never have 6700 with me, also never contacted you before !!

Why are you pointing at me ? :confuse: :confuse: :confuse:

@DJ

I dont know about TE, as till today i am not a member of it.

But i totally agree with you for buy/sell

Same thing was proposed by me .

Only one thing in your post which says take money from seller for listing.

Do you know its not simple, seller will pay,

but Arun will have to setup an office for that.

Register a company

Service tax number, invoicing , payment collection, reimbursements, it will be like full time business for a owner.

So be it free, make only donation basis with post count and contribution to forum.

Dude i never have 6700 with me, also never contacted you before !!

that was not directed at you... speaks to shubanyu and sadik...

thanks for the insight... your right, the listing fees can come in as donations... modality is trivial, my aim was just to suggest direction to make the sellers more responsible and accountable yet helping the forum by shouldering the cost of running this forum. i am sure there are costs involved !

Hitesh ji that was not for u..

Ok its was not for me... thanks for clerifying it.

As I treet all rimweb as my friend so no need to put "JI"

^^^^ Hitesh that was not for you,

I liked words of Dj i ask mods to please take note of these and formulate a responce