Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kshah

Is Rimweb Turning To Be Buy And Sell Market Place?

@Hitesh that comment was directed at me... not anyone else. It was a little fiasco with that 6700 .... :Riendo:

the official slogan of TED is

"ideas worth spreading"

@Shubhanyu

you are the 4th person who told me that it was not for me..

@Everyone:-

I understood it was not for me...

Please no more clerification ...

Plz Lets focus on the topic..

Edited by hitesh123

The ideas may or may not be worth spreading..that is not the point. There are two things... information sharing for the sole intent of information sharing and second, information sharing for recognition through sharing. India is, unfortunately, in the clutches of the latter. A real true to heart techie who does things just for doing isn't really bothered what people do with his research. It is when he wants some sort of recognition, or in other words, credit or copyright for his information, that matters start changing.

Edited by shubhanyu

:Riendo::rofl_200:

@Shubhanyu

you are the 4th person who told me that it was not for me..

@Eveyone:-

I understood it was not for me...

Please no more clerification ...

Plz Lets focus on the topic..

^

@ Shubhanyu - I think you are diluting the discussion little bit with slightly frivolous comments. Thoda Chill rakh yaar... And let us see some more positive contributions in other topics as well in the future...

@ Genius - I do understand that it is impossible to keep leechers out all the time and I do appreciate that there is indeed ONLY ONE SELLER who has contributed a lot to the betterment of this forum in the past. All I was suggesting was a safe place to first discuss certain points separately in the confines of Techie Enclave (so that those things do not get blocked immediately when discussed publicly) and then pass out the really genuine stuff AFTER DUE TESTING to the general public ON A NEED TO KNOW BASIS as suggested by another esteemed member... The basic essence of sharing will and should never fizzle down...

i hope this time something concrete is been done about these issues

as more and more people of same opinion

i came to this forum not to buy or to sell but to learn and share

infact i joined this forum after buying treo755p from sadik , coz i was amazed by this forum

i think many of ideas put by DJ are worth consideration by admin/moderation team

leechers are part of any forum

when u grow a crop weeds also grow along with them

what we can do is tighten some rules and change our mindset ( sellers need to do this) , and we could see forum bloom with knowledge

@Arun:-If Someone not intrested to view buy and sell topic in viewnewcontent link there was a option in my setting.

Edited by vijaymalhotra_2007

Look now noobs are using rimweb name to sell their sprint locked handsets on EBAY.

Works with TATA Indicom & Reliance. Activation is easy and can be done with help of Forum members of www.rimweb.in.

See the full listing HERE eBay India_ FOR SALE! Used ....pdf

It's good na... more people will join the forum. bloat times ahead!

^^^

this listing is by same person who listed his handset in our buy/sell, Mr Kakkad.(hiteshkkk)

He can do fraud by taking money from rimweb user and selling same at higher price in ebay .

who is going to control it ?

thats why some strong policies are required for buy/sell.

• Like 1

lol

some people over here think that we are their after sales customer care

@ Muffy : Lol, what u said abt me..is something correct..but everyday i login and read the post and makes some reply which i think needed too...

but TE, i cant even dream to make a post because iam not as much techie or dev like u ppl...but please dont consider me as a leecher.. :(:(

and about Buy/Sell : I have seen in some forums like u have to make minimum 100 post to put an ad in Buy or Sell forums..

so if we can make something like this into RIMWEB, it will be gud..so v know abt the guy...so newbie wont consider this as a buy/sell forum.

but with TE, eventhough iam not a contributor, i came to learn so many things through that...all wont be brilliant...and knowledge is to give and take...i am just a novice in this feild and u all r veteran..thats only i can say..

I think almost every one here have same view,

So admin must have all the suggestion till now to take some solid action on buy/sell and lechers

or should we wait for some more time ??

I think something more is required than just a number of posts before you buy/sell. Take my example. Everybody will agree - I have not given a dime at this forum. Going by my number of posts, I could freely buy/sell.

Point I want to make is that 100 posts can be quickly (and uselessly) achieved. We need some additional measure that not only protects buyers' interests but allows for new sellers like tushar to come up and sell their wares so that the forum doesn't remain nor become a monopoly or oligopoly.

Late entry, as always... thought I'd add my 2 cents if at all..

The suggestion that the Techie Enclave be locked to only the most genuine and long standing stalwarts of RIMweb is something that could be given a priority.

Its not as if the noobs cant get their phones tweaked/unlocked if they dont have access to TE.. I remember as a noob, when I received my first handset from Sadik, I was not a TE member but I got all the help that was needed from Sadik, Karki, Hetal , et all to get my handset up and running.

The TE was a privileged section , which the most hardcore and dedicated RIMwebians aspire to get selected to, and I think that is how it should remain.

All and sundry don't need to be in there... chaps like Muff, Dhirajbhai and a few others who dedicate a lot of their time and energy fine tuning and tweaking the technologies and making them adaptable for the Indian scenario are the only ones who need to be there..

Even I dont qualify for it, honestly..

I have no qualms about not being part of it either as in the recent past my energies have been directed towards setting up and fine tuning a big business venture, so I have and cannot dedicate time for my phones like I used to earlier.

I do hope Arun and the other senior members take a step towards "spring cleaning" the forum and restoring it back to the technically oriented forum which was what had drawn me to this forum first.

Cheers!

Dear Friends,

Very important an interesting discussion going on. I feel too much tinkering with the existing format will lead to repelling new members.

As far as talks about leechers I would like to say: people can share an much as they know. It would be unfair on our part to expect people who are using imported (Sprint etc) handsets for the first time, contribute to technical discussion???

People come here to get latest info and for solutions to their problems and many of them in due course start sharing their experiences and knowledge with forum also.

Most important: Techies here are contributing wonderfully sharing their knowledge, helping people. It is for all of us and especially who get help/guidance from them to ALWAYS acknowledge with thanks.

My personal experience is that this forum is blessed with extremely sharing and helpful people. God bless all of them.

Hope the techies keep on their good work and others too share and try to keep forum lively and knowledgeable.

Regards

^

my personal experience with some leechers is less than friendly; they expect all the help and then also have the NERVE to calling ME an UNTRUSTWORTHY North Indian... God save us from such people.... Also I heard of one leecher who ran off in his car with a handset of one seller without MAKING THE FULL PAYMENT.... LOL...<br>

Edited by dkaile

If you have genuine concern for the forum members and know such people than you must disclose their name in the forum. This will help others to keep off such leechers.

Already there is so much regionalism going on in our country so it would be better if political type comments are kept away from the forum.

^

my personal experience with some leechers is less than friendly; they expect all the help and then also have the NERVE to calling ME an UNTRUSTWORTHY North Indian... God save us from such people.... Also I heard of one leecher who ran off in his car with a handset of one seller without MAKING THE FULL PAYMENT.... LOL...<br>

• Like 1

why most of the people are talking about only techie enclave, see techie enclave is closer to underground activity, though there is very little or no such activity. There is lot to share apart from tricks to use other handset.

For instance, HP too initiative to develop software for sending SMS from computers and posting ROMS for I think PPC 6800.

Muffdal took initiative to find out solutions from across the web and present it in simple terms across the forum. After trying and testing here. One must keep in mind that every thing cost money and time.

Now since we have Android toys on hand, same can be done for Androids too. We can post softwares used on handsets, we can share and discuss various features of software - may include even wish list. This will lead us to think further and may encourage some one to develop some thing. I remember in past some rimwebian developed small utility to know lock code and SPC if LG handsets. It was very small yet very useful utility - those were premitive days of CDMA. Even availability of cable was a problem.

Edited by kshah

^^^ Very right Kshah, techi forum has not seen fire since pre, and yes i got my cable for Samsung 191 from Mumbai for 2K back in those days, no one knew here in my place that a cable exists.

^

I being in Ahmedabad bought for 450 bucks from Mumbai only. U see benefit of staying at value for money place. :Contento:

^^^

Please focus on topic....

If you have genuine concern for the forum members and know such people than you must disclose their name in the forum. This will help others to keep off such leechers.

Already there is so much regionalism going on in our country so it would be better if political type comments are kept away from the forum.

It was YOU Dear Sanjay Sharma (now that you have edited your name to ss) that I was referring to.... and if you want all details public I can do that too...