Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
abhay

Bsnl Launched Broadband Service Data One!

Even Reliance does this... They release a new handset and it takes ages to see info about it on their website.

Well, Asianet also mentions like that on their website (ie. 500 MB bandwidth limit per month). But they never monitor the tranfers, I know one of my friend doing more than 20 GB per month :angry:

well. long time ago asianet removed the 500 mb download limit for homenet users.

now they have crappy schemes with download limit.

but the best scheme is the old Homenet connection which is 64kbit unlimited download @ 900 per month which they still offer. :angry:

Okay, guys, rates for MTNL ADSL broadband are out as are the download caps. This is the link to the Delhi site but rates will be the same for Mumbai.

Only thing is that I'm not too sure about the roll-out dates. For my area, R K Puram, CC said March-April. Will check again.

The bottomline acc. to me: this is the beginning of the fun. :angry:

do u need a live telephone to access MTNL Broadband? I mean doesn't it come with a separate cable wire?? coz if thts so, then ur phone is engaged till u use Broadband and if u want to avoid that u need a new phone connection n have to pay additional rentals over it!

With these download caps, i think i'm better off wit my present CABLENET connection!

Okay, guys, rates for MTNL ADSL broadband are out as are the download caps. This is the link to the Delhi site but rates will be the same for Mumbai.

23367[/snapback]

eskay-is this new rate list because download caps are vey bad

do u need a live telephone to access MTNL Broadband? I mean doesn't it come with a separate cable wire?? coz if thts so, then ur phone is engaged till u use Broadband and if u want to avoid that u need a new phone connection n have to pay additional rentals over it!

23376[/snapback]

Chirag- it doesn'tcome with a separate cable wire- because adsl works in different frequency ,so both phone and net can be used together without interference

no bil2006 these cant be new rates coz these are on the site since months !!! and yeah the download caps have surpast my wildest dreams :quest::lol:

guys u know what i think the download cap in bsnl dataone would be be around 500 mb lol ^_^

That was a real dampener :quest:

No use subscribing to MTNL right now.

Airtel seems to be the only option now. Their 128 kbps ADSL plan with unltd downloads is available in most parts of Delhi @ 995/ month

23376[/snapback]

The phone is free for calls when you are online. This is what MTNL says: "Simultaneous availability of Phone and Internet on the existing Telephone line..."

New BSNL Tariff

http://www.bsnl.co.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=187

That's it f**k ,f**k and f**K i can't take it anymore .waiting so long .and you finally get is more crap.i will perhaps never leave my dial up in this life time.

now somebody kill me or wait lets join some freaking terrorist group atleast i have heard they are providing their people with fast broadband connections for cyber warfare.

the testing incentive is a trap. don't fall for it. reliance should hold their throat like it did in mobile sector then maybe they will give us proper packages.

Edited by zeus

New BSNL Tariff

http://www.bsnl.co.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=187

That's it f**k ,f**k and f**K i can't take it anymore .waiting so long .and you finally get is more crap.i will perhaps never leave my dial up in this life time.

now somebody kill me or wait lets join some freaking terrorist group atleast i have heard they are providing their people with fast broadband connections for cyber warfare.

the testing incentive is a trap. don't fall for it. reliance should hold their throat like it did in mobile sector then maybe they will give us proper packages.

23658[/snapback]

Hey dude i am at member at vinuthomas to .don't copy and paste my post as yours.

well i guess you may have been to angry to think .okay just tell me if can lend me a loaded pistol .i have an appointment with a so called bsnl engineer .who made go

to ten offices to register in late november with assurance of no misrebale data caps.

am sooo sorry bro ... i bet i hit the quote button n put in alot of other **** too .. it didn't work i fink ...

anwz back to this bsnl crap .. .wtf do these gys fink v are gonna do wid a 256 kbps ... check email .. chat !!!!!!!!! .. obv we gonna dload **** off da net n 4 that there ain't any need for dis fcukin limits ......

1 more question .... if they can provide unlinted dload linits till jun .. then whats their problem after that !!

reely this is pissin me off .... first it was hathway wid a 200 mb limit n now bsnl ....

am sooo sorry bro ... i bet i hit the quote button n put in alot of other **** too .. it didn't work i fink ...

anwz back to this bsnl crap .. .wtf do these gys fink v are gonna do wid a 256 kbps ... check email .. chat !!!!!!!!! .. obv we gonna dload **** off da net n 4 that there ain't any need for dis fcukin limits ......

1 more question .... if they can provide unlinted dload linits till jun .. then whats their problem after that !!

reely this is pissin me off .... first it was hathway wid a 200 mb limit n now bsnl ....

23687[/snapback]

I thought this was a tech forum in English :clap:

first some good news .well things can't get any worse then this.

for a start. and much harrasing the engineer at the bsnl ofiice he said.that's uncapped

packages are still on the table and the rates will be revised in 2monts or so. :clap:

guess have nothing more to do then wait and hope.

hey guys could ne 1 post that bsnl site on the forum . the site aint working for me .....

and wtf are u guys talking about ... bsnl engg .. etc etc etc :clap:

It is working now - look at the brighter side: someone at bsnl pulled up the page between a Sat midnight and Sun morning. wow :angry:

Look at this condition

As a special incentive to customers, to come forward and take up/ test the service, for both Home and Business plans, additional usage charges (Rs/MB) for the use will not be levied up to 30th June, 2005 for the customers who join the service before 31st March, 2005.

That means unlimited downloads will be allowed till June 30. Now if they are really going to offer the service at 256kbps... :grin:

yup thats for sure they are gonna giv a min 256 kbps speed :angry::grin::clap: but one should have a look @ these points

The above tariff will be an Introductory Promotional Tariff for a period of Six months from the date of the commercial launch
this means the tarrifs would increase in 6 months time ^_^ because the new tarrifs can never be lower than introductory tarrifs

on over all basis on comparing reliance and bsnl schemes !!! reliance still is the winner

bsnl charging 1000 for a 2 gb limit on 256 k connection

reliance charging 1200 for a 10 gb limit on 256 connection

bsnl charging 1800 a month for a 5 gb limit on 512 connection

reliance charging 3000 a month for a 10 gb limit on 512 connection

but this is what i would opt for plan 750 reliance for a 10 gb limit on a 128 connection on of the most feasible for downloaders ofcource after airtel 128 unlimited scheme for 999 bucks

whereas the additional data download charges are also comparetivly low in bsnl's case

what can i say "let the compitation come and lets c" just time can tell :help:

what do u guys say?? B)

bsnl is charging 2000/- as modem cost? is the existing modem which we use to connect net is not useful for this.is this a different modem than V90 modem?

Betrayed. I am totally Betrayed.

First that MTNL's Braodband cap limit. And secont the most vulnerable of all.

U MUST READ THIS:

Sify Broadband is cheating its subscribers. I use SIFY Unlimited at 64kbps speed for 3060 for 6 months. What they allow you to use is really pathetic. :clap:

First, no video and voice chats.

Second, though unlimited you are not allowed to download after 100 MB per day.

Third, trivial yet never gets 64kbps.

Inspite of all these they still call it Broadband and put it as Unlimited. :angry:

I think it is high time TRAI takes some action against such companies who cheat people. I am totally frustrated as my download all stops in the middle of the night. People who are thinking of getting Sify please think twice about it.

There is a pettition to TRAI going around about these Broadband wallas. I think every one must go and sign it:

http://www.petitiononline.com/trai/petition.html

And for the moment. I think the only good thing is Reliance. So if someone is using it please please put on a review about its speed. I am reaaly in need for a better Broadband.

:grin:

The above tariff will be an Introductory Promotional Tariff for a period of Six months from the date of the commercial launch

this means the tarrifs would increase in 6 months time :grin: because the new tarrifs can never be lower than introductory tarrifs

If you read this PIB release on broadband, it seems unlikely they will increase monthly rates. The new broadband policy does have some pretty HUUUGE subscriber targets - impossible in our country if higher rates are imposed. And as with BSNL mobile services, they can maintain this low rates if they do get a huge subscriber service.

And since BSNL is providing ADSL service, keep in mind that the number of total subscribers currently connected to the network has no effect on individual connection speeds. So the advertised speeds will be available 80% of the time.

You know which provider I am rooting for :angry:

bsnl is  charging 2000/- as modem cost? is the existing modem which we use to connect net is not useful for this.is this a different modem than V90 modem?

23730[/snapback]

No, they will mostly give you a DSL modem. Its very different from the regular V90 modem :(

Guys, these companies will NEVER change unless some pioneering company (*cough*reliance*cough*) comes out with unlimited data transfer packages at DIRT CHEAP rates! Oh and another thing, I WANT A PUBLIC IP AND NOT A PRIVATE IP. For those guys who dont know what the difference a public and private ip is....well just think of it this way, if you get a private ip(something like 10.x.x.x) you wont be able to run any p2p programs like bittorrent, kazaa, gnutella etc... :D

Edited by linuxguy

bsnl is  charging 2000/- as modem cost? is the existing modem which we use to connect net is not useful for this.is this a different modem than V90 modem?

23730[/snapback]

No, they will mostly give you a DSL modem. Its very different from the regular V90 modem :(

Guys, these companies will NEVER change unless some pioneering company (*cough*reliance*cough*) comes out with unlimited data transfer packages at DIRT CHEAP rates! Oh and another thing, I WANT A PUBLIC IP AND NOT A PRIVATE IP. For those guys who dont know what the difference a public and private ip is....well just think of it this way, if you get a private ip(something like 10.x.x.x) you wont be able to run any p2p programs like bittorrent, kazaa, gnutella etc... :D

23778[/snapback]

Not necessarily. If you don't get a private IP, you can still run P2p programs.

Actually in such a case u come under aNAT server. NAT server is simply A server that translated your Global (temperrroy) IP to a Local one, which is permanent.

So ISPs put a NAT Firewall over it and block all your ports from outside the network.

So no one outside you can directly access ur comp.

Not all ISP use NAT firewall. For eg. Reliance Broadband doesn't use one.

Got to their broadband site and chek out the user policy document. In that the last point tells you that they block only specific ports.

To see if your ISP really blocks all your ports, you can do this:

First get your global IP using this site: http://www.showmyip.com

Then use some port scanner software like look@Lan and perform a port scan on theis global IP address.

For your information Sify blocks all Ports. And MTNL/BSNL practically cannot block any port. Because they don't use NATing.

Definaltely the prices will fall curently and not increase as govt wants to increase broadband pentration. i just think why doesnt relaince work on this ground and provide a cheaper option on rim.

Not necessarily. If you don't get a private IP, you can still run P2p programs.

Umm...no. My current ISP has given me a public ip. Public ip is a real IP like 64.58.26.54 unlike a 192.168.xxx.xxx or a 10.x.x.x Even though I have a public IP, I cant still run p2p apps like Kazaa or Bittorrent. Why? Because these guys not only block ports but also protocols. Now, I dont want to go into deep explaining you the details of how they block but they just block. Why? Well most of the p2p traffic is ILLEGAL. It means the ISP can very well get into trouble if one of its user gets into trouble. Look at what happened to bazee.com in the MMS case?

Actually in such a case u come under aNAT server. NAT server is simply A server that translated your Global (temperrroy) IP to a Local one, which is permanent.

So ISPs put a NAT Firewall over it and block all your ports from outside the network.

So no one outside you can directly access ur comp.

Buddy, if they block all my ports then how the hell am i supposed to run p2p apps? You know that all p2p apps have built in servers. So if I am running bittorrent then i need the port range 6881-6889 mapped back to my private IP. If they dont map it back or the refuse to do so, there simply is NOTHING I can do about it ;) . So what good is the speed if you can make use of it. Believe me NAT is evil. I know.

Not all ISP use NAT firewall.

Very true.

For eg. Reliance Broadband doesn't use one.

Well, if you're calling r-connect as RIL BB then yes they dont use NAT. But the true RIL BB with those 256Kbps speeds and all WILL definitely use NATing. Why? Simply because they cant allocate a public IP to everyone on their network. Since public IPs are VERY costly and they will have to pass the "cost" factor to the poor end user when the govt. has told them to keep the price low.

Got to their broadband site and chek out the user policy document. In that the last point tells you that they block only specific ports.

True. Most common port that any ISP will block is 25.

To see if your ISP really blocks all your ports, you can do this:

First get your global IP using this site: http://www.showmyip.com

Then use some port scanner software like look@Lan and perform a port scan on theis global IP address.

I think I will skip this part. I know my ISP quite well ;)

For your information Sify blocks all Ports. And MTNL/BSNL practically cannot block any port. Because they don't use NATing.

Sify s**ks anyway. MTNL/BSNL still have dial ups. I've heard MTNL ADSL will not use NATing. Its good news for me :confuse:

BTW heres is one more reason why NATing is evil. See, you cant run any servers like http, ftp, ssh, game servers etc.. Also, what NATing essentially means is, a bunch of guys are connected to a router which has a public IP so that everyone 'shares' the IP. Now suppose you have this nasty guy on your network who visits pr0n websites, spams, indulges in illegal activities etc... He will most likely get your router's public IP banned from forums, free email sites, free webspace websites etc... Whats even worse is he might invite the wrath of crackers. And once your router is compromised....I dont think I need to elaborate further. So why should the group suffer because of one guys mistakes?