Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
M.S.Rao

Reliance Communications Crosses 100 Million Subscriber Mark

Reliance Communications today announced that they have crossed the landmark of 100 million wireless customers, making it the second largest wireless operator in the country to achieve this milestone.

Reliance Communications has also unveiled a “100 Million Commemorative Logo” and announced plans of launching a slew of initiatives over the next 100 days. A customised “100 Million Caller Tune” will also be launched as part of the 100 Million announcement. The company’s 100 Day Celebrations will run in 24,000 towns and 6 lakh villages across the country.

Commenting on the landmark achievement Mr. Anil Dhirubhai Ambani, Chairman, Reliance ADA Group said “The landmark 100 million mobile customer base makes us the youngest telecom operator to achieve this milestone in such a short span of time. Reliance Communications pioneered the mobile revolution in India and since then we have been the front runner of telecom innovations in the country. As we take the leap to achieve the 200 million mark, we will lead it from the front with more customer-centric innovations and service approach.”

Reliance Communications now aims to achieve the next 100 million customers within the next 1,000 days. As part of this new leg of our journey, the company is adopting a multi-pronged customer-focussed strategy with the expansion of its GSM network and CDMA mobile broadband network, while focussing on customer-centric innovations and enhancing the overall Customer Experience. Reliance Communications is planning to rollout CDMA mobile broadband network offering Internet speed up to 3.1Mbps beyond 60 cities within the next 100 days, taking the total number of cities covered to 125 offering mobile broadband service.

Congrats RCOM :clap: :clap:

can we old users have our gifts for making RCOM cross this milestone. :Contento:

Just some calculation...

RCOM was launched on 22.12.2002

Till Feb'10 it completed 8 years+2 months=98 months.

So average subscriber addition for that period = 1.02 million :(

Now some future prediction...

Aims 100 million more subscribers in 1000 days(33.33 months)

Target future monthly additions = 3 million!! :wacko:

Last month addition was at 2.8 million(?) :P

Congratulations RCOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As long as your plans are SIMPLE and customer friendly, you can count on me as your loyal subscriber :)

Edited by vvinayakpai

Good info... :) Congrats rcom...

i think from 100 million 20% customer are fake. some are with rs 20 sim with rs 50 talktime after that sim is dead.because of pathetic service.i have 2 gsm sim of m.h. but no use. i am not recharging it from 5 months because network busy, promotional talktime is valid for local only. actually it is pathetic. i am using RCDMA.

but in 6 circle smart reliance gsm service is quite better.and promotional talktime is for local and std.

I think over reporting is endemic in the Industry. Many people took lifetime SIMs and have not used many of them for ages. But this is true for all the networks.

Makes you wonder as to how many countries have a 100m (or even 80m) population?

congrts rcom

But in future it will not increse instead it will decrese, once MNP start, & GSM n/w remains s&*#ks

Congrats RCOM :clap: :clap:

can we old users have our gifts for making RCOM cross this milestone. :Contento:

Just some calculation...

RCOM was launched on 22.12.2002

Till Feb'10 it completed 8 years+2 months=98 months.

So average subscriber addition for that period = 1.02 million :(

Now some future prediction...

Aims 100 million more subscribers in 1000 days(33.33 months)

Target future monthly additions = 3 million!! :wacko:

Last month addition was at 2.8 million(?) :P

wonderful calculation....

&

congrats RCOM... :clap:

Reliance Communications today announced that they have crossed the landmark of 100 million wireless customers, making it the second largest wireless operator in the country to achieve this milestone.

Reliance Communications has also unveiled a “100 Million Commemorative Logo” and announced plans of launching a slew of initiatives over the next 100 days. A customised “100 Million Caller Tune” will also be launched as part of the 100 Million announcement. The company’s 100 Day Celebrations will run in 24,000 towns and 6 lakh villages across the country.

WOW :cheer: this means that i can make calls to 100 million people for free :rockon:

Edited by prafull4u

According to the press release on their website, RCOM had great plans of making March 20th, 2010 a very memorable day in the history of Indian Telecom industry. I was quite surprised not to find anything in the newspapers.

Any information whether RCOM has anything up its sleeve or was it just a hoax?

I have attached a copy of the media release as an attachmentMediaReleaseMarch2010.pdf

• Like 2

They should give away TT benefit of at least 50min to every customer

:previous:

I got a call from a WWE, that they are offering me a new postpaid RUIM card free with 200 local minutes free every month for 5 months. No rentals, no activations, no deposits, no bills for 5 months. If I exceed the 200 local minutes free usage, I will be charged 50ps for local and Rs 1.50 for STD calls.

I refused them the offer. I do not know if it is connected to the 100 million celebrations.

No rental , still providing 200min free.

Then why to reject?? :Confuso: :Confuso: :Confuso:

I got a call from a WWE, that they are offering me a new postpaid RUIM card free with 200 local minutes free every month for 5 months. No rentals, no activations, no deposits, no bills for 5 months.

What happens after the five months? Did they tell anything about that?

Edited by ipkonfig

^^^

in 6th moth go and close the connection !!!  :Contento:

its high time reliance check satisfaction of their so called 100 million subsciber including many unsatisfied or non working gsm connections