Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
madhumnair

Ring Tones Via Sms - 1237 Services

This technique is under test by Reliance guys ...

Pls find the attached list of ringtones which can be downloaded via sms feature .

just type the key word and sms to 1237

Dont know is there is any special charges other that 1 Re SMS charge.

ring_sms.txt

Edited by madhumnair

wow thats a good find u receive the ringtone from 8888 ie indiatimes and it runs the rworld suite and u can listen to the ringtone and then save it

I have got DAPO offer so can send sms for free

But there is one problem u get two sms in reply and how did u know about it and are there r any more codes for the rinngtones of new movies

Edited by Shabz

The main problem with this is that u cannot give a name to the ringtone neither does it have a name it is only a number The name of the ringtone saved is its code number

i guess all indiatimes services can be accessed through 8888.

currently it is not supporting handset related features like walpapers/ringtones/java games.

but u can access astro/joke

u can even access indiatimes mail.

refer to http://mobile.indiatimes.com/mail.html

just remember to use 1237 instead of 8888.

Sms SENDMAIL followed by email address and message to 1237

E.g: 

SENDMAIL SANJ@VSNL.COM Meet today?

to 1237

8888 will automatically create an email id for you (mobile number @ indiatimes.com) say 9810000000@indiatimes.com and assign a random password say Pass.

Access Indiatimes email

To access your new email account, sms MAIL followed by your login id followed by your password to 1237

E.g: 

MAIL 9810000000 Pass

to 1237

(password is Case Sensitive)

You will get a return SMS showing your inbox :

1. *coolboy@indiatimes.com (1)

2. whoever@yahoo.com

3. !xhdurys@hotmail.com (2)

SMS RD 1 to read mail 1;

CM to compose mail;

M for more mails;

L to logout anytime

DAPO Rocks :help:

I sent wall to 1237 and it replied THIS SERVICE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE WITH YOUR OPERATOR they will inform once it is started

after sending GAME as sms to 1237 it replied send keyword to play and it gave keywords but these r sms games you have to continously send sms to continue game playing tic tac toe now

and for ringtones you can go to indiatimes mobile site and send the keywords from there I had sent a keyword for main yaha hoon of veer zaara forst i got a reply not found then it send the link i clicked on ok and it opened the r world suite bit later said R world not ready

will try for more

Edited by Shabz

I downloaded a few ringtones myself. Thanks for the info. I guess here we GTRAN users will have edge over some of the other users, GTRAN can save 12 ringtones from R WOrld

Which handset r u having

Just follow the procedure above if u have followed did u get any reply fot your sms if not then try other ringtone try both mono and polyphonic tunes I have RD 2030 and it is working fine on it

It is like an mms sent in the sms u will see Run click on ok and you will get ot hear the ringtone

I have a Samsung A-563 and downloaded two ringtones from the list just now. Its working like a charm except for the ringtones are saved as numbers :help:

Also, I tried downloading Dhoom, by taking the number from Indiatimes, but it says R-World not ready.

puneet

Edited by psarna

will this provide a way to send sms through net to reliance phones?

I tried doing this.. the sms went and I got a MMS message saying run? When I did that it took me to r-world and an error message came saying R world not ready. But the funny part is in my MMS folder..I can't see the message :help:

thats not a mms it is a sms it is like the greetings and other things u get like the fun sms from trouble in kidzone

I tried doing this.. the sms went and I got a MMS message saying run? When I did that it took me to r-world and an error message came saying R world not ready. But the funny part is in my MMS folder..I can't see the message :grin:

19678[/snapback]

Tried it, and it worked ...got the Lucky Ali ringtone. But dosent sound so good on my RD 2030...

Unfortunately it seems its not coming as an MMS ...so can't fwd those ringtones to other phones thru MMS either... :(

Edited by raccoon

Which handset r u having

Just follow the procedure above if u have followed did u get any reply fot your sms if not then try other ringtone try both mono and polyphonic tunes I have RD 2030 and it is working fine on it

It is like an mms sent in the sms u will see Run click on ok and you will get ot hear the ringtone

19639[/snapback]

CAN YOU MMS ME ONE RINGTONE MY NO IS 9393810546 :grin:

Mayank, thats strange! Can you explain what exactly you are doing?

As I said earlier, MMSing a ringtone recieved this way dosent seem to be possible because it dosent get deposited in the MMS inbox! You will need to get it yourself ...else someone with a ringtone in his MMS inbox could fwd it to u.

Mayank, thats strange! Can you explain what exactly you are doing?

As I said earlier, MMSing a ringtone recieved this way dosent seem to be possible because it dosent get deposited in the MMS inbox! You will need to get it yourself ...else someone with a ringtone in his MMS inbox could fwd it to u.

19708[/snapback]

I SENT SMS AS POLY 146924 TO 1237 :blink: AND GOT REPLY THIS SERVISE NOT AVAILABLE :grin: WHAT CAN I DO :(

Did you try more than once at a different time with a different ringtone ID?

if at first u do not succedd tyr once again as it sometimes happen that u get a reply that service is not available or not found try another time

i just called them and they told that the cost is Rs5/ringtone for pre aswell as postpaid subscribers

Edited by AmanJ

The charges are fordownloading the ringtone ie if u save it or just for listening also and what about DAPO subscribers I rang the CC thrice but they seem to have no information about it They say it is in testing phase ( and some of them had no info at all about it )and as usual they will let us know through relevant media channels once it is launched We will come to know about it only when we receive the bill lets wait and watch

It seems we get informations before the reliance guys get it we seem to be going ahead of them

And one more thing I had sent a sms to 1237 for a picture message i got a reply thankyou for downloading the picture message ( but i got no picture) and the charges for it are Rs. (Yeah it was blank no charges written) There is no charges described on the indiatimes site also on rediff site it is written no charges applicable but only sms charge will be levied On yahoo it costs Rs 10 per ringtone

Edited by Shabz

We will come to know about it only when we receive the bill lets wait and watch

lets hope for the best

if it is in the test phase, they should not charge, moreover they did not advertise it how can they charge for anything that they have not told about and advertised about

will this provide a way to send sms through net to reliance phones?

19677[/snapback]

Yes even that features seems to be working - but not very consistent _ may be under testing still. I tested one, dunno how much they are gonna charge me in my bill though :blink:

Also U can download ringtones by sending SMS as Mayank said. Some of the tones in the list may not be available.

All tests were done on my LG 5130.

There are several issues like - the Executable SMS gets autodeleted... So due to poor signal/network issue if U lose connection after executing the SMS - then U need to send sms again to run the Ringtone applet.

Also since we have access to bitpim on most phones we can get hold of the link and possibly execute it as a favorite item & get the ringtone from the R-World cache using bitpim rather than using the "Save" option which will be charged. This can be of some concern for the RIL ppl who reading it here now :(

Another thing is ringtones which get into older phones accessible to bitpim are subject to risk though they have secured it sufficiently well in Newer phone like 2130/5130 etc :grin:

Thats a good idea, should work. As long as the cache (used for preview) and the ringtone (actual one) are not in different formats.

So, still no idea of where the ringtones are on 5130 ye?