Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KanagaDeepan

Rumour, Cdma Iphone Is Coming...

Source

Apple plans CDMA iPhone, new GSM version for summer - report

Apple is developing a new version of the iPhone to run on CDMA networks, people familair with the matter told the Wall Street Journal. Separately, Apple plans to release a new version of its current iPhone this summer, continuing its practice of annual upgrades at about the same time of year. The model is likely to be thinner and have a faster processor, two people familiar with the device said. The upgraded GSM iPhone is being made by Taiwanese contract manufacturer Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., which produced Apple's previous iPhones, the paper's sources said. The CDMA iPhone model is being made by Pegatron Technology, the contract manufacturing subsidiary of Taiwan's AsusTeK Computer. One person familiar with the situation said Pegatron is scheduled to start mass producing CDMA iPhones in September.

Source

May appear on Verizone

Such leaks mostly prove to be correct.At last Apple also is going for CDMA.How can they ignore this segment?

RCom may or may not bring it but rest assured,our ever reliable Sadik bhai will bring it for us at far cheaper price.

Iphone is only style statement,

Android is better any time

:)

USA can't ignore CDMA,

so launching iphone CDMA

:clap:

so it really could be ! even though porting it to rcom maybe another challenge all together ;)

I hope our very BIG reliance should come up with " Rphone " winko.gif

A CDMA iPhone from Reliance Communications or Tata Indicom? It may not be too far, if some reports in the blogosphere have to be believed. Apple, which makes the iPhone is apparently planning to bring out a CDMA version of its iconic iPhone next year, say reports.

http://www.dancewithshadows.com/tech/cdma-iphone-from-reliancetata-indicom-launch-likely-in-2010/

Opinions and reactions invited.

Felt this would spark interesting debate but CDMA section did not have Apple link so request Moderator to place this topic suitably and set the ball rolling.

Guys chill

dont keep high hopes about reliance or tata

first and foremost we can never be sure what apple does untill the last moment

since new iphone will be unleashed as per tradition in june , the rumour/speculation game as usual starts 2-3 mnth back , some of which is fueled by apple to gain hype.

there has been a talk about cdma iphone on verizon since jan 2009 , many people expected to get this in last june 2009 , but it never happened , but now reports seem strong enough , just like iPad rumours circulating since past 2 yrs , iPad finally came this yr , similarly i think more or less iphone cdma will come this june

but but but , it will be only for verizon , and if u thinking about reliance / tata , forget it as of now , reliance/tata would be last thing that apple will want

if u dont believe me wait and watch ....

• Like 1

iphone has the BEST multimedia and browsing experience as on date in any phone. Other than that Android beats it at almost everything else. And most of all the RESTRICTIONS imposed by Apple are so prohibitory, especially with the new upgrades coming in, that you will not be able to use any jail broken phones, neither revert back to old os in the future and PAY PAY & PAY for everything to Apple...

Everybody Just Chill

This iPhhone will be 4G Paired with 1x - Ev - LTE (700Mhz FDD Band) or may be ( Only 1x with LTE )

and Hackers like GoeHOts who Cracked Sony PS3 for 7 time finding Hardtime to Unlock it (iPhone 3.1.3 Baseband 5.xx.xx) for GSM SIM - Dreaming to Dump Next Generation iPhone will be EPIC Failure.

iPhnone is Comming to CDMA becuase due to Latest Qualcomm 8xxx Chipset will make Easy Integration to LTE with GSM/CDMA and already ATnT is going LTE its only some Addtional Pain required for Verizon as Both ATnT and Verizon is Making (700 mhz FDD LTE Network in USA)

there are some hope that iphone cdma may come to india, as apple is doing business with reliance for i-store...

there are some hope that iphone cdma may come to india, as apple is doing business with reliance for i-store...

That is the 'other' reliance ie RIL or MDA Group. But even I think that CDMA iPhone will definitely be launched here.

^^^

not in near future ....

majority people dont prefer to buy 30k phones here

With HTC Hero in my hand and upcoming Nexus 1, my craze for I-phone has vanished :Riendo: