Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Puneet

New Rates For R-connect

Wht i think after reading that document that only if the user opts for Joy149 plan(New One) alongwith Freedom/Platinum Plans, then the monthly rental would be waived off for the first three months! Pretty simple. It has nothing to do with ur commitment of 650/1500 for R-Connect.

I'm still to understand whether this waiver is for New Connections or would it be for Existing subscribers also!

For no monthly rent towards voice calling, the customer has to opt for Freedom/Platinum data plan + Zero Rental Joy149( which is new plan available only in conjunction with these data plans)

I went through revised RConnect Plan document. The charges for DAPO are not clear. No mention of DAPO usters in the document. The issues are:

If DAPO user would have to pay RConnect charges of Rs. 200 per month

If DAPO users can opt for standrad plan of 50/25 paise/min

If the usage will be counted as a part of DAPO Plan minutes or will be billed seprately

Any idea abt this?

I rang RCC to ask about the charges of R connect for DAPO's she told it will be free for first 400 minutes and then charged according to the time of usage 50p or 25p

Then I asked that it is more since the money will be deducted @ 40p per minute she did not agree after arguing for some time she cut the line

I rang again the guy told me the old charges I scolded him and then he gave me the correct charges but could not clarify on the bundled minutes if anybody of u tried and got any satisfactory reply do keep us informed

These CC guys s**ks

i used for 1 min in off peak hours they charged 40 Paisa. i din't didn't anything else to test it.

my this no is in JOY 149(old)

As usual all reliance plans lack transparency and thier people give contradictory replies. Even after 16 months, the Company is yet to learn any thing.

May GOD save us.......................!

But why do people subscribe if they think it lacks transparency, consistency, etc? No use cribbing when you have a fair chance of knowing whats going to happen! There are many other options now; and you don't really need internet access from your mobile unless you need laptop internet access while you are travelling, etc. Besides your battery life would be affected and also your ph. would remain engaged...

***Guys beware of plans with data limit! ***

They are NOT providing any way to check usage. You won't know until the bill "hits" you at the end of the month (or more!).

Edited by raccoon

Similar to unbilled usage they should also provide a way to check data transfer rate

Iquara broadband sales guy paid me a visit. Said they provide very detailed usage report on their website. Something like what VSNL & BSNL NetOne provide even for dial up. Don't know what others are doing ...perhaps users of other services here can tell us....

Unless Reliance provides something like that you guys should think more than once before subscribing!

Edited by raccoon

no need to post the paper clip it is already on the reliance web site but still things r not clear if we opt for it we r in for a big surprise at the end of the month

SO I would say use ur old ISP for net connection and if it is urgent to download anything then only go for Reliance net like I will be doing use it only to update the virus definition

Hey shabz post the link to the reliance website here ;)

I agree with raccoon...........better to stay away from reliance Rconnect unless it is absolutely neccesary and u have plenty of cash to dish out withour cribbing.

Well guys,

I don't understand what this cribbing is all about...

You pay 50 ps in peak hours and 25 ps in off-peak hours. Although there's an issue regarding billing of DAPO, but atleast there is no monthly rental and no other hidden charges (in default plan).

Also, there's NO MONTHLY commitment in default plan, unlike iqara/satyam etc, which is beneficial for low usage users.

Even in Rs 650 plan, the limit is 1GB...nobody else gives that much...

and if even 1GB is less, we can go for platinum...

Amtraq ...let us not be so naive! Ok, limit is 1 GB ...what if RIM tells us we have consumed 2 GB at the end of the month? Just calculate how much u'd pay then!!

And with Reliance's reputation, they are quite capable!

Besides, even if their billing is perfect, it is very difficult to keep a tab at our end ...besides it has to tally at their end too!

Platinum plan is too expensive for normal domestic use.

Im just going to stick to my BSNL dedicated line (Rs. 499/month) for now ...untill something cheaper and/or faster comes up.

pls anwser my three questions:

1. From when the new charges will be applied or they hv been applied?

2. What i hv to do for applying the new charges? I mean will i hv to dial some no or ask CC or any other thing?

3. What i hv to do to change my plan to 1500/- per month?

NOTE: I am using FWP in 500/- plan.

Reply to Vishal's qn:

1. Its effective from 22nd Nov as mentioned on the website

2. Better to ask *333

3. Better to ask *333

reply to Raccoon's qsn:

1 GB limit is a lot. Let me illustrate with calcualtions:

If the network is connected at the theoritical max speed of 142 bits/sec, it is equivalent to appx 142/8=17.7 KBPS. If we continoulsy keep on transferring data at this theoritical rate, it would take 56,338 seconds to total up 1 GB...or 939 mins.

On an avg it works out to almost 30 mins per day. And mind you, I have considered continous data transfer at maximum possible theoritical speeds.

For practical purposes, even if we consider actual avg speed to be, say 20% of above, it means we would have to spend atleast 150 mins (i.e. 2 1/2 hrs) every day to exhaust our 1 GB limit.

Regarding monitoring daily usage, I tried DU Meter s/w for a month, it logs net usage by mins as well as data upload & download. And the r-connect mins billed in my bill matched within 98% of what DU meter had logged. So, you may also try the same.

Edited by amtrag

Amtrag, can you promise me that Reliance will look into the math that you have stated, in case they do produce a fancy bill at the end of the month? And btw, there are other threads on Rimweb itself where many people have actually recieved absurd bills for data usage! Just check them out...

Bottomline is, if they expect me to subscribe, I expect them to provide to the second usage statistics on their website, the way VSNL, NetOne etc, are doing. Period!

pls anwser my three questions:

1. From when the new charges will be applied or they hv been applied?

2. What i hv to do for applying the new charges? I mean will i hv to dial some no or ask CC or any other thing?

3. What i hv to do to change my plan to 1500/- per month?

NOTE: I am using FWP in 500/- plan.

20976[/snapback]

Vishal,

I have registerd the R-Connect Plan change request for Platinum(Rs.1500-/unlimited) for my FWP on 30334343. They said it will be effected within 72 hrs.

I also got my voice plan change request(from Plan1000 to Plan290) registered at WW, as I have very less voice outgoing usage and that will effect in Zero Rental Plan290

My friend enquired about DAPO-R-Connect charges

Reply is these 50p-25p will NOT be deducted from plan charges.

I asked them what to do. their reply is by default you will be charged at

50/25p (are being charged from 22nd) if you are already in zero rental

plan . if you r in silver/gold you can shift to new plans till mar 05. this

info is available in r-world.

i have shifted from dapo->budgest149 -> New Joy 149 since my usage is

low. i do not use sms much. now i can browse at night/day without much

hesitation.

i can not compare with bsnl really. i used to confuse/complain the difference

in std rates 2.99 ( rim - NJ149) to 2 (BSNL). i think for being mobile this

is premium i have to pay. so when i am stationary (access to landline is

available) i use vcc card.

similarly net connection. this gives me internet connectivity at office and home

with same phone. slighly expensive but alright if netspeeds is slightly better

than 3-4 kbps(what we get landline)

rgds

prasad

what u said about R connect charges for dapo's may be correct ring the RCC at diff times and u will get different replies for this thing u will have to wait for the bill to see which RCC person had given the correct reply

A few days ago I mentioned that I have been charged Rs 0.40 for 1 min in off peak hours. Today I got bill which reflects

R Connect Usage

Usage (Min.)  Charges (Rs.)

R Connect Charges 1  0.40

Total    1    0.40

I will not fight for Rs 0.15/- as I mostly avoid Rconnect but can request post paid subscribers to keep a strict watch.

Well, I talked to the CC people today and I got following info -

1. In zero-rental plan, you pay rental as per chosen plan (290, 500, etc.)

2. In 650 plan, rental is included, i.e. we pay 650 (in total) and get 1GB of data, etc. plus the free calls, and so on.

3. In 1500 plan, rental is included, i.e. we pay 1500 (in total) for unlimited net usage plus the free calls, and so on.

Somebody please verify if this information is correct. Also, I'd like to know that are sundays 24-hr off-peak? Because CC people told me that they have info on 6am-10pm being peak hours, and 10pm-6am being off-peak, thats it and no mention of Sunday. Somebody please verify this too.

A few days ago I mentioned that I have been charged Rs 0.40 for 1 min in off peak hours. Today I got bill which reflects
R Connect Usage

Usage (Min.)  Charges (Rs.)

R Connect Charges 1     0.40

Total    1    0.40

I will not fight for Rs 0.15/- as I mostly avoid Rconnect but can request post paid subscribers to keep a strict watch.

21245[/snapback]

Are U in the older standard plan paying Rs 200/month as ISP charges ???

If so the plan is still active for olde customers.