Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Reliance Jio - Pan India 4G / LTE network

I am seeing RJIO 4G network signals in hyderabad when searched manually in ASUS Zenfone 2

Are you using rgsm? When you searched for 4g signals
no using idea

Reliance Jio to launch beta programme to assess 4G network quality

Economic Times - By PTI | 24 Jul, 2015, 07.19PM IST

RIL's telecom arm Reliance Jio Infocomm is testing its 4G telecom network and will soon start a beta programme to assess its network quality before commercial launch in December.

"RJIL (Reliance Jio Infocomm) is currently conducting pre-launch testing and stabilisation of the telecom network. An extensive beta programme will be initiated over the next few weeks to further test the network, prior to full commercial launch of operations," Reliance Industries said in a statemement today.

RIL Chairman Mukesh Ambani in June had said that the beta programme will be upgraded into commercial operations around December this year.

RIL said that RJIL has successfully demonstrated legal interception and monitoring rules compliance of its 4G network for high speed wireless internet, phone calls, video and messaging service across country.

Besides legal monitoring, the company has also demonstrated its capabilities to electronically verify Aadhaar number of customers seeking mobile connections.

RIL said that RJIL is also ready to support intra circle and inter circle Mobile Number Portability service.

RJIL is now present in all 29 states of India, with a direct physical presence in nearly 18,000 cities and towns of the country.

"The wireless footprint of the company extends even further and covers over one lakh villages. In addition, RJIL has also built an optical fibre network comprising nearly 250,000 route kilometres of fibre optics. RJIL has exceeded its rural network beyond the roll out requirements specified in its license," the statement said.

Over the next three years, Jio has plans to more than double its optical fibre network and connect over 1 million homes through it by April 2016.

• Like 1

^ any chance of getting into RJio's beta programme?

It is friends and family

But I am out of the loop now so not aware if retail stores will sell

Edited by digitalnirvana

Original RIM DAPO subscribers will remember that when it started, it was on Beta mode for about two months and even before commercial operation, normal customers were given connection and we used it for free. Will it be same this time around? I'll keep my fingures crossed.

It is friends and family

But I am out of the loop now so not aware if retail stores will sell

Any ideas if they will start the FTTH service along with 4G? They have terminated the fibre at my place about 8 months back. They have even given unique id to all the terminal boxes.

Any info if you can share?

Reliance Jio’s 4G beta launch today for employees
Piyush Pandey, Times News Network | Aug 15, 2015, 01.14AM IST

MUMBAI: Mukesh Ambani-led energy-to-retail conglomerate Reliance Industries (RIL) is set to start its fourth generation (4G) bundled mobile and data services through a beta launch on August 15, coinciding with the India's 69th Independence Day. Reliance Jio, the telecom arm of RIL, seeks to test the network with one lakh Reliance employees to start with before a commercial launch in December.

The group, which has invested around Rs 1 lakh crore on its 4G network, plans to expand the beta launch to 5 million consumers by September-end by offering about five Jio connections to each Reliance employee for an extensive beta programme to further test the network to plug loopholes, if any, said sources in the know of the development.

This comes at a time when Sunil Bharti Mittal-led Bharti Airtel has already raced past Jio to expand its 4G services to cover nearly 300 towns to take the first mover advantage, becoming the first telecom company in the country to roll out 4G services pan-India. Reliance Jio's first full year of commercial operation will be FY 2016-17. Till then, the network is expected to work in the beta mode.

"We don't want to take any chances. We have successfully conducted pre-launch tests and demonstrated lawful intercept and monitoring (LIM) facilities for long-term evolution (LTE) data and voice, video & messaging services in all telecom circles and extensive beta launch will further test our networks before full-fledged commercial launch in December this year," said a Reliance Jio employee. An e-mail sent to RIL seeking response on this story remained unanswered till the time of going to print.

Those using JioChat, did you get any option to use JioMoney?

Vodafone plans to roll out 4G by December this year.

I feel that it's just gimmick by Vodafone to keep its customers informed that 'yes we are in the game. So please don't leave us before Jio comes'.

Vodafone plans to roll out 4G by December this year.

I feel that it's just gimmick by Vodafone to keep its customers informed that 'yes we are in the game. So please don't leave us before Jio comes'.

Vodafone had bought 1800 mhz spectrum in some circles (around 8 mhz in delhi) in 2014 auctions. This is liberalized spectrum and can be used for 2G as well as 4G spectrum. Like Idea bought 5 mhz of 900 mhz spectrum in delhi and used it to launch its 3G services in Delhi. 1800 mhz is efficient spectrum than 2300 mhz held by Airtel , Reliance Jio for 4G services in Delhi. Lower the frequency better results as you have to deploy lesser towers. You have better indoor coverage. Therefore, Vodafone if launches 4G services on 1800 mhz spectrum could be more efficient.

IN HYDERABAD NEW 4G NETWORK IS SHOWING IN MANUAL SEARCH "LOOP MOBILE 4G". DOES IT BELONGS TO JIO 4G

IN HYDERABAD NEW 4G NETWORK IS SHOWING IN MANUAL SEARCH "LOOP MOBILE 4G". DOES IT BELONGS TO JIO 4G

Yes it's jio network. Since loop codes are provided to jio hence old sim cards still reflects loop 4g

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

BTW are you using 128k sim from Airtel. The reason I asked that I do not see jio network anywhere in Bangalore even my phone supports 2300td lte but my friends mobile does show.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Rel Jio planing for "soft launch" only in December!! This is ridiculous..Commercial launch only by March 2016??

http://ow.ly/3ycG3c

Sent from my iPad Air

@digitalnirvana are they following the same launch deadlines for ftth as for 4g?

Rel Jio planing for "soft launch" only in December!! This is ridiculous..Commercial launch only by March 2016??

http://ow.ly/3ycG3c

Sent from my iPad Air

Because they know whenever they launch, with pathbreaking offers, they will attract huge attention and subscribers. However, I am a bit confused regarding what happened to rollout obligations. It's already 5 years, ideally they should be sent notices by DOT as they not even started and they should have provided i guess 90 per cent coverage till now.

• Like 1

:previous: hahaha... True as per law, RJIO should be penalised but it can be done only by "Man of Steel" and even if someone does, without govt/TRAI/DOT support, nothing will happen. I doubt, if anybody will try to take on Reliance. Other option we can file an RTI application with TRAI/DOT why no action taken or reason for no action for not fulfilling the license terms.

• Like 1

Jio will not make anymore delay as I belief. As all incumbents are ready for 4G, making more delay will hamper Jio's kickstarter launch.