Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arun

Reliance Mobile And HTC Launch The 3G Android Phone HTC Wildfire In India

FoneArena.com

August 1, 2010 – 12:21 pm

Reliance Mobile and HTC have teamed up to bring the 3G Android Phone Wildfire to India

“Social networks have really caught on the fancy of today’s young generation, who like to stay seamlessly connected with each other even while on-the-go,” said Ajay Sharma, Country Head, and HTC India. “The stylishly designed HTC Wildfire combined with the HTC Sense experience bring all your communication requirements into one place, whether it’s through Facebook, Orkut, Twitter, Flickr, text messages, images or email, ensuring that one is never far away from the conversation and always close to one’s friends.”

“We are proud to further our association with a telecom leader like Reliance Communications who share our commitment of ushering in the latest innovation for Indian mobile phone user”, Ajay added.

“The launch of HTC Wildfire is in line with our strategy to offer next-generation service on mobile phones enabled with superior voice clarity, hi-speed wireless data network access and ultra-fast application downloads to Reliance Mobile customers”, said Mr. Mahesh Prasad President Marketing – Wireless Business, Reliance Communications.

“Empowering Reliance Mobile customers to access work and personal information on the move in addition to a host of fun applications, the feature-rich HTC Wildfire is a powerful Android powered 3G smartphone which will protect customers’ interest in the mobile phone once the 3G network and services are launched by RCOM,” Mr. Prasad added.

Reliance Mobile / HTC Wildfire Price & Availability

The phone is available for a MOP of Rs.16,590 and Reliance Mobile customers will get 500 MB of data usage per month free for 6 months.

HTC Wildfire Features

* Processor: Qualcomm® MSM7225-1, 528 MHz

* Operating system: Android™ 2.1 with HTC Sense

* Memory ROM: 512 MB Flash RAM: 384 MB

* Dimensions: 10.66 cm (L) x 6.09 cm (W) x 1.21 cm (T)

* Display: 3.2-inch QVGA 262k colour TFT capacitive touch screen

* Network: HSPA/UMTS dual band (900/2100mhz); GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 (Band frequency, 3G network availability, and data speed are operator dependent.)

* Connectivity: Bluetooth® 2.1 with Enhanced Data Rate

* Camera: 5 megapixel colour camera with auto focus and LED flash GPS GPS/AGPS

* Battery: 1300 mAh rechargeable lithium- ion battery

* Special features: Proximity sensor, G-sensor, Digital compass, Light sensor, FM radio, Optical joystick

* Users can download and install various applications from the Android Market with a single click

Nice pricing.

^^^

yeh to shuruvat hai....

there is lot more to come still on cdma front as well

wait and watch

there has been a turmoil lately in reliance camp

For wildfire its VERY HIGH pricing... Wildfire was supposed to be a sub 200$ (more like 100$) phone for the mass market...

If they would have priced nearer to that target they could have sparked an android revolution.... and as usual, greed makes them miss the bus....

In terms of ram, this is better than hero. Other things I dont see any difference. If the Hero sells for 12000 in US, i think it is a good price for a comparable phone in india

this is cdma phone ?

Yup, with EVDO (3G)!

@ Arun - CDMA EVDO? This is GSM HTC Wildfire, I think. Please confirm.

Yup, with EVDO (3G)!

From the 1st post,

* Network: HSPA/UMTS dual band (900/2100mhz); GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 (Band frequency, 3G network availability, and data speed are operator dependent.)

So it is surely GSM and not CDMA

Wildfire is GSM...

Yup, with EVDO (3G)!

From the 1st post,

So it is surely GSM and not CDMA

Oops sorry I overlooked that :-/

So this must be for the 3G GSM roll out plan

i buy 3 days back from Punjab(Ludhiana)

Actual Price is Rs 15500/- here in Ludhiana

Hmmm.... Screen is QVGA only?? I accept dkaile's words "Greed makes them miss the bus"..

i buy 3 days back from Punjab(Ludhiana)

Actual Price is Rs 15500/- here in Ludhiana

from Reliance with the "500 MB of data usage per month free for 6 months" offer?

Seeing High Custom, VAT and Taxes in India its a Good Price i Remever HERO and Magic was sold @ 31800 and 29500 respectively and just after 9 month its Half with More RAM and Same Specs