Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
chandannasta

Opinion Required For Buying Washing Machine

Guys, my old washing machine of Hitachi has lasts for say around 17-18 yrs now and currently from past 1 & 1/2 it has started giving some problems which my mom faces everyday.

So I have thought to buy a new washing machine. Now Guys suggest me a good washing machine to go for. Also please check this site www.vijaysales.com as we got our callcenter tie up with them for 10% disocunt for stream call center employees till 30th Sep. We just need to go along in the shop and flash our id card and sign it up in order to get 10% discount on any of the products other then cellphones and cameras.

So let me know which one should I go in for. I have saved 10k till now. Should I buy the washing machine on EMI scheme or should I make a 1 time payment. Please let me know which one would be good. Need your opinion guys.

17-18 YEARS... :Sorprendido:

Well, even our Videocon is maybe 12 - 15 years old and going as good as ever. But thats because it is also reportedly Hitachi. All parts including hoses seem to be made in Japan; excluding the body. But don't even start supposing that the Videocons of today will be anywhere near that quality.

Edited by raccoon

IFB is best in washing machines in my opinion.

Yes I too have Videocon washing machine & using it since 1995 .. oh i was a kid that time !!!! :) ... Still running fine ....

if hitachi doing good job continue with Hitachi.

IFB is best in washing machines in my opinion.

Not anymore!! If you have any doubts, please check on the net for complaints. You will find max. complaints about IFB.

If you want a front loader, LG is perhaps amongst the best bets.

Yes I too have Videocon washing machine & using it since 1995 .. oh i was a kid that time !!!! :) ... Still running fine ....

I was quite li'l myself. :) What is even better is that it has never needed any kind of repairs. Unfortunately very few goods are designed to last these days. So you have to make an effort to know those that last the longest...

Edited by raccoon

Dear Chandan First u need to decide that which washing machine do u want ??? Semi Automatic or Fully Automatic or Front Load like ifb ???

In my opinion you should go for fully automatic or semi automatic as u wish moreover these both type can be in your range, i dont knw which type of old machine u were using !!!

also if EMI is there with 0% interest charges and without any file charges then you should go for emi otherwise simply pay cash..

Also my suggestion festive season is going to begin so wait for few days so that u can get offer or gifts with your purchase :)

:previous:

I think fully automatic would be good as if my mom is unable to wash then I can do the same. Let me know when the festive season would start?

You can also consider Siemens...I've heard it's pretty water efficient...

Stay away from IFB. I have their Elena front loading machine, and I think I have spent more than its cost on its repair :(

Samsung machines are good, with very less failing ratio.

why not Panasonic?? best would be, look for who is offering better service. all are almost same. everyone will vouch for different machines. recently IFB has lot of problem. Japenese brands are good and so is siemens. siemens will be expensive with unmatched quality.

Guys.. Im using Siemens A10-16 since 2.5 yrs.

Its a Fully Automatic superb front load machine..

Dont waste money on extra LCD features & higher end ones available in siemens as it may be waste..

Got it from CROMA for 25k + additional 1600 for 2yrs Ex warranty.

Total is 2+ 2 = 4 yrs peace of mind in todays times, forget 10-15 yrs.

Actual Siemens Ex. warranty is 4k for additional 2 yrs !

Check out if Vijay Sales has any Extended warranty offer as they dont have branches here in Bangalore for me to confirm.

(BTW.. Gasket cleaning is very imp in all front loads else there will be wear and tear due to chemicals (soapsuds) eating into the rubber..

A rubber piece from the gasket had simply fallen off which led to a bad leak, simply cause our maid never bothered to clean the soapsuds off.. Luckily CROMA replaced that too after i harassed them during the extended warranty period !)

Is Siemens washing machine available in Mumbai? If yes does it come as fully automatic?

yes.. siemens machines are available in mumbai and they have automatic also. you can find them at Vijay sales, some of ezone, croma stores.....

I have an LG for the past 8+ years. excellent. Total repairs - frotn door switch (once) and motor and bearings (once). Excellent service as well.

You can choose beteen Vediocon and LG, I am using both(semi auto), Both are good.

unless you have a severe budget issue, avoid semi-auto and go for fully auto

this difference does not even exist abroad as ALL washing machines are fully auto

you will NEVER see any ad for 'fully automatic' or even 'automatic' wash. mach. - its just assumed

it would be like debating the pros & cons of b/w TV vs colour TVs!

the real issue for you is cheaper top loader or more expensive front loader

this depends on your usage - the more often your clothes are washed, the better off you will be with a front loader

i've had a videocon top loader for 5 years with minimal problems

now we have an IFB front loader for 3 years with no issues

even if you go for a top loader, try to get the hot water option else your whites will start looking duller / grimy after 1-2 years of washing

that was the main reason we switched from our top loader - now we have bright whites even after 3 years due to heated water

also its useful to have a display showing time remaining since it can take upto an hour for regular wash and 90 min for heavy loads

auto resume is very important if you have load shedding so it can continue instead of being reset if the lights go out

i feel that front loaders are a bit louder than top during the 'spin cycle' and ours sounds like a small jet engine so location / placement is important also if you have a small flat

I'll recommend front load as it uses less water and power. You'll hardly need a maid for using it. Put in clothes select wash program and almost dry clothes are out. Remember I said almost dry.

One thing to note in front load is diff wash programs. Some machine don't have program for less than one hour. So your clothes will be there for one hour minimum which i think is waste of power and time(if someone is waiting) also effects the clothes life.

So ensure that machine have wash programs of 15mins and 30 mins also lesser the better.

I have an LG for the past 8+ years. excellent. Total repairs - frotn door switch (once) and motor and bearings (once). Excellent service as well.

I am for LG. The one bought in 1998 is doing fine till date. I have spent hardly Rs.800/ for maintenance on this.

I'll recommend front load as it uses less water and power. You'll hardly need a maid for using it. Put in clothes select wash program and almost dry clothes are out. Remember I said almost dry.

One thing to note in front load is diff wash programs. Some machine don't have program for less than one hour. So your clothes will be there for one hour minimum which i think is waste of power and time(if someone is waiting) also effects the clothes life.

So ensure that machine have wash programs of 15mins and 30 mins also lesser the better.

Generally speaking, a top loader will require significantly less power than a front loader. On the other hand front loads use less water.

If that 1 hr cycle includes soaking and stuff, effect on power consumption will be negligible.

just saw a add on tv of new goodrej front loader machine ... u can also opt for that ... its a latest model :)

Dear friend

In my opinion Kenstar is doing extremely good. It is fully automatic.

Regards

Babulu