Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rahulmalik_81

TATA Docomo Launch 3G Services on Diwali

As per current implementation of BSNL in TN circle,

All subscribers are considered as both 2G/3G customers.

Voice tariff will remain same irrespective of 2G/3G.

Data speed differs between 2G and 3G.

Instantaneous eligibility of subscriber to use 2G or 3G data speed is determined by data plan currently active in his account.

There are separate data plans for EDGE(low cost) and separate data plans for HSDPA(high cost).

If someone wants to use EDGE speed irrespective of the location he's in then he can racharge with any of the EDGE data RCV.

If someone wants to use HSDPA speed in the locations covered by 3G and EDGE speed in the locations not covered by 3G then he can recharge with HSDPA data RCV.

Default data tariff(without any data RCV) for EDGE and HSDPA is same at 1p/10KB. Instantaneous default speed will be depending upon the just expired Data RCV.

I felt the above method is quite good and I hope TATA docomo will follow the same method.

In the above method,

(1) Customer can migrate to any speed at any time by recharging with appropriate data RCV.

(2) No profiling or discrimation of customers as 2G and 3G

(3) Instantaneous possibility for all customers to use 3G on lauch date just by reacharging with 3G data RCV

(4) Voice tariff continues at the same rate(no further confusion for customers like 3G voice tariff etc.,....)

Edited by kesav

:previous:

Good proposition,

TATA docomo will follow same or even improve better.

^^^

Here also in WB, BSNL doesn't discriminate 2G and 3G subscribers as far as data usage is concerned. More specifically to say that there is no software loaded in the system to check whether a subscriber is a 2G subscriber or he is a 3G one.

I use 3G internet on my ASUS P552W just by subscribing to 2G plan and setting the phone's connectivity to 3G. It's that simple with BSNL. With the same connection, if I set it to 2G, the speed just drops.

Isn't it funny? BSNL is like that always, very much broadminded. :Contento:

Your case is just funny. There could some error in the backend. In TN, you can get 3G speed only if you've recharged with 3G data RCV or post expiry of 3G data RCV.

Your case is just funny. There could some error in the backend. In TN, you can get 3G speed only if you've recharged with 3G data RCV or post expiry of 3G data RCV.

We all are lucky here at West Bengal. My friends and colleagues use 3G internet on 3G handsets by subscribing to 2G GPRS data plans (pre/post paid both). Or in other hand, BSNL is smarter at your place, not allowing you to enjoy this.

I can use 3G data unlimited on my postpaid mobile by paying Rs. 249/month while the prepaid users can have this by recharging with Rs. 274.

Have you checked it whether it is accessible at your place also on 3G handsets? Check it. You might also be lucky like us.

Tata Docomo 3G Network Goes Live Over Places

...........................................................................................

Over the last few days many TT readers have reported spotting Tata DOCOMO 3G signals in many places. We’d like you to let us know if you have also come across Tata DOCOMO 3G signal in your area. Just follow the simple steps to find out if there is 3G services awaiting for you.

Get a 3G handset and go to phone settings > set Network Mode to WCDMA/UMTS > then search for Networks Manually > It is expected that u will have Cellone/Dolphin (thats BSNL/MTNL) and Tata Docomo if available.

...................................................................................................

source :: http://telecomtalk.info/tata-docomo-3g-networks-goes-live-over-places/45241/#more-45241

Tata DOCOMO to launch through dedicated stores

Tata DOCOMO, the GSM arm of Tata Teleservices, will set up 4,000 exclusive stores for distribution and marketing of third-generation (3G) products and services, to be launched this Diwali.

"There will be a sound distribution network. We will set up 4,000 exclusive stores for 3G in the next three-six months. The company will foray fully in the 3G space, with dongles, mobile internet devices, routers and mobile devices, as only this will make the 3G experience complete for consumers," Tata Teleservices Executive Vice-president, mobility, Deepak Gulati, told Business Standard.

"We have already trained about 10,000 people for this, apart from training our employees," he said.

Tata Tele will be the first private operator to launch 3G services. State-run BSNL and MTNL already offer this service.

The 3G network will be rolled out across nine telecom circles where Tata DOCOMO has won 3G spectrum and offers service in partnership with Japan’s NTT DOCOMO.

On rates for 3G services, Gulati said the company would keep the prices structure simple for consumers to understand and operate.

Said NTT DOCOMO’s Executive Director (strategic investment & alliance), global business, Mutsuo Yamamoto, "We will quickly launch our 3G services in India, with our experience from Japan. India is a low ARPU (average revenue per user) market, but the situation may change with the launch of 3G."

In India, about 10 per cent mobile subscribers have 3G-enabled handsets. It is expected that half will adopt 3G technology immediately and 70-80 per cent the next year. The prices of mobile handsets will also fall as the service picks up.

The company plans to come up with 3G products such as e-wallets and offer various channels for information on sports, Bollywood, comics, news, and so forth.

source :: http://sify.com/finance/tata-docomo-to-launch-through-dedicated-stores-news-technology-kkwaOdhhcfh.html

Tata DOCOMO set to roll out 3G

Tata DOCOMO, the telecom joint venture between Tata Teleservices Ltd (TTSL) and Japan’s NTT DOCOMO, is set to invest around Rs 1,500 crore to roll out its third-generation or 3G services, scheduled for launch on November 5, in nine of the 22 circles in India.

The company will be the first private telecom service provider in the country to do so, and will be two months ahead of rival Vodafone Essar Ltd’s launch in January 2011. “The funds will be invested by the end of this financial year. Other than the Rs 1,500 crore, we have already invested around Rs 7,000 crore for the spectrum,” said Deepak Gulati, executive president, mobility, TTSL.

The nine circles that TTSL won are Maharashtra and Goa, Gujarat, Karnataka, Kerala, Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh (West), Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh-Chhattisgarh. The company plans to offer services such as high-speed internet connectivity, video calling, live streaming of video content, games and applications.

“In Japan we plan to stop 2G (second-generation) services by April 2011. We never have disconnectivity problems in Japan, because we use 3G,” said Mutsuo Yamamoto, executive director and head of strategic investment and alliance, global business division, NTT DOCOMO.

When asked if the company regrets losing the lucrative and high average revenue per user (ARPU) Mumbai circle, Gulati said, “It is not just us. Every telecom player in the country is disabled that way. We have spectrum in nine circles, we will launch in all of these circles.”

Gulati said that TTSL plans to bid for Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd’s (BSNL) tender to share its roaming network. But he was noncommittal when asked if the company was planning to share spectrum with BSNL, to help it launch 3G services in circles where it did not have spectrum. “There are many possibilities. At this stage we are only looking at sharing the roaming network,” he said.

Around 10 per cent of the handsets being used in India are 3G-ready. Around 35-40 per cent of TTSL’s 80 million customers use the technology called general packet radio service (GPRS). And these phones are expected to be the first ones to move to 3G services.

source :: http://www.tehelka.com/story_main47.asp?filename=Ws221010TELECOM.asp

Edited by kesav

Tata Docomo 3G Network Goes Live Over Places

...........................................................................................

Over the last few days many TT readers have reported spotting Tata DOCOMO 3G signals in many places. We’d like you to let us know if you have also come across Tata DOCOMO 3G signal in your area. Just follow the simple steps to find out if there is 3G services awaiting for you.

Get a 3G handset and go to phone settings > set Network Mode to WCDMA/UMTS > then search for Networks Manually > It is expected that u will have Cellone/Dolphin (thats BSNL/MTNL) and Tata Docomo if available.

...................................................................................................

source :: http://telecomtalk.info/tata-docomo-3g-networks-goes-live-over-places/45241/#more-45241

I am able to see Tata Docomo & Cell one 3G signals in Bangalore when searched manually...

Now it's official, 6th November 2010 is the launch date.

6th November 2010, Saturday is going to be red letter day in the history of Indian Telecommunication.

Count down runing on TATA DOCOMO 3G website for launch.

http://tatadocomo.com/life-on-3g.aspx

Edited by kesav

Our area is not covered by Tata DoCoMo. We are from West Bengal....Boo Hoo Hoo. :'(

Dear Members,

What is your expectation from TATA DOCOMO on tariff for video calls?

I want it to be 1.2p/sec max.

1.2p/sec will be only for TATA to TATA video calls.

for offnet it will be higher

No....... I'm expecting offnet video calls at max 1.2p/sec with onnet being much cheaper.

BTW, does TRAI has any ceiling on termination charges for video calls??

Hey I have an alternate DOCOMO prepaid connection since the last 1.5 years, which I took just to use the data packs (the speed is very good here)

Now, I have been receiving this message daily for the past one week - Hi! Win a trip to Japan and be the first to experience 3G. Sms 3G life to 141. When I did the same, they instantly replied "Your request is received" which was followed by "You are not a member of BuddyNet. Join by sending blah-blah" <_<

Anybody from Kerala please search on your 3G phone for tata docomo network. I searched it at Ernakulam south, panampilly nagar and Kottyam-Ernakulam route. Nothing yet.

Tata Docomo's 3G test signal live in Trivandrum city ..

i live in ambala.......its boarder of haryana and punjab.....sometimes i get signals of punjab mobile networks. I selected umts networks only on my reliance gsm and my samsung 3g phone went in romaing showing in reliance roaming with 3g signal. it lasted for few minutes and then network out.......... reliance is also doing 3g signal testing????

but didnt got tata docomo.........hahahah

Those who are getting Tata Docomo 3G signal, are you able to latch to 3g network?

I changed the mode from 'Dual mode' to 'UMTS'. I am now getting 3G. Able to make and receive calls. But not able to browse as of now.

Others please try...

No 3G for Mumbai (Jhumritallaiya) from Tata Docomo. :(

Tata DOCOMO brings ’3G Life’ to the Indian Consumer

Tata DOCOMO, the GSM arm of Tata Teleservices Limited, has become the first private operator to launch its 3G services in India. Powered with cutting-edge technology support from its partner NTT DOCOMO, INC. of Japan, the undisputed global leader in 3G services, Tata DOCOMO’s 3G services will change the way consumers use their mobile phones, riding on the back of game-changing products, applications and services.

Tata Teleservices Limited shall simultaneously launch its 3G services this Diwali in all the nine Circles where it has the 3G license—Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh-Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan, Gujarat, UP (West), Punjab, Haryana and Maharashtra.

“Tata DOCOMO’s 3G services will provide customers a dual advantage—trusted service from the House of Tata, riding on the technological excellence of NTT DOCOMO,” Mr Anil Sardana, Managing Director, Tata Teleservices Limited, said. “We have been able to complete the ramp-up of our network to support 3G services due to the superb 3G-ready network we created at the time of our 2G launch itself, last year. Our 3G rollout across all nine Circles will be completed this year itself,” he added.

Tata DOCOMO’s HSPA+ 3G Network, set up with the assistance of NTT DOCOMO, supports high-speed Internet access with speeds of up to 21.1 Mbps. Technical literature often refers to this as ‘3.5 G+’. The network also supports high-definition voice (HD Voice) for a superior voice experience on calls.

“We have cherry-picked the best telecom Circles in the country from the perspective of cumulative market potential for our 3G services. We will cover 51% of Indian towns with a population of over a million and 60% of towns that have over half-a-million people. Additionally, our footprint covers 55% of households with an annual income of over Rs 3 lacs, and 49% households in the SEC A+B category. All these parameters provide us with fantastic market reach and potential,” Mr Sardana added.

“NTT DOCOMO warmly congratulates Tata Teleservices Limited on its rollout of 3G services,” Mr Ryuji Yamada, President and CEO of NTT DOCOMO, INC., said. “After nearly a decade of success in providing 3G service in Japan, we are delighted to have lent our technical and business knowhow to TTSL, our strategic global partner. Going forward, NTT DOCOMO will continue to leverage its mobile expertise and value-added services in markets worldwide through collaboration with partners such as Tata Teleservices Limited.”

“While 3G as the next-generation of mobility brings with it better voice clarity through HD Voice, fewer call-drops and high-speed Internet access, the impact it is likely to have on consumers’ lives is much greater than any of these improvements alone,” Mr Deepak Gulati, Executive President, Mobility Business Division, Tata Teleservices Limited, said. “Our 3G services will enable richer communication through video calls and SMSs, will add the advantage of adding mobility to the power of the Internet, and will enable millions to start accessing the true power of the Internet. Truly, it’s not a step up in mobility services, but the gateway to an altogether new life—3G Life.”

3G Life enables richer communication with friends and family, makes the device the gateway to a world of information and entertainment purely for personal consumption, assists the user with a host of location-based services and helps consumers get more out of life through a host of clever applications. The mobile device, from merely connecting consumers to their world, becomes the means to live a richer, more fulfilling life.

3G devices such as handsets, dongles and tablets, powered by Tata DOCOMO applications and services, will take the Internet world to the far corners of the country, bridging the Digital Divide and creating a strong multiplier effect for economic progress.

Tata DOCOMO’s 3G offering starts off on a rich and heady note, with the introductory service portfolio itself including applications like Video-SMS, Video-Streaming, Mobile Television, Ultra-High-Speed Data Transfers, Route-Finder, Live Aarti, and much more. Progressively, NTT DOCOMO will bring to India the various 3G products and services that will give Tata DOCOMO customers a flavor of tomorrow. NTT DOCOMO is closely working with TTL on future technologies like Long-Term Evolution (LTE) and much more.

NTT DOCOMO has played a major role in the evolution of mobile telecommunications through its development of cutting-edge technologies and services. Over the years, technologists at NTT DOCOMO have defined industry benchmarks for 3G and 4G technology, as also products and services such as i-mode and a plethora of lifestyle-enhancing applications. Today, while most global telecom players are only beginning to talk of 4G technology and its possible applications, NTT DOCOMO has already recorded a downlink transmission rate of 250 Mbps over a high-speed wireless network in an outdoor test of an experimental system for Super 3G, also known as LTE, and is targeting to complete the commercial development by the end of 2010.

TTSL and NTT DOCOMO are closely engaged in integrating technology, value-added services, products and applications through the mechanism of Business and Technology Cooperation Committee (BTCC). BTCC, which meets regularly, comprises of senior management representatives from both companies.

source :: http://press.forestlaneshul.com/tata-docomo-brings-3g-life-to-the-indian-consumer-4960.html

TATA DOCOMO Offers Free Trial of 3G Services For 7 Days

Its again Tata DOCOMO who are ringing the bells and driving India crazy with their new service in the offering. Its 3G which is making headlines all over the telecom industry.

Tata DOCOMO today announced that its is goin to launch the 3G services on November 5th and will offer the FREE 3G for the first 7 days (Nov 5th – Nov 11th midnight) to its subscriber in all the nine Circles where it has the 3G license.

The commercial 3G services would be available from the mid-night tomorrow, that is November 5 morning on the day of Diwali in Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh-Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan, Gujarat, UP (West), Punjab, Haryana and Maharashtra telecom circles.

That would be really helpful - to experience 3G and see if it is worth the bucks. Can anyone confirm the above development?