Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rahulmalik_81

TATA Docomo Launch 3G Services on Diwali

Docomo uses Apalya's technology for 3G mobile TV

Hyderabad, Nov 4: Tata Docomo has selected Apalya Technologies as their exclusive partners for providing mobile TV services on 3G platform across India.

Tata Docomo will use Apalya's cutting edge technology for providing high quality mobile TV services on Tata Docomo's 3G platform, which was launched on Wednesday, Nov 3.

Apalya, one of the leaders in mobile media and entertainment, uses Mobile Video Delivery Platform, which seamlessly streams video content to consumers. This technology will help users to view television channels at a higher resolution and speed.

"We are proud to partner Tata Docomo to launch mobile TV services on 3G platform. Our aim is to bring interactive, on demand, and informative entertainment into the hands of mobile users in an optimized and cost effective way," Vamshi B Reddy, Co-founder &CEO, Apalya, said.

Tata Docomo will start the 3G service in nine circles, Kerala, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh (including Chhatisgarh), Rajasthan, Gujarat, UP (West), Punjab, Haryana and Maharashtra on Thursday, Nov 4 midnight.

Tata Docomo will offer free 3G services to the existing users and new customers till Nov 11.

source :: http://news.oneindia.in/2010/11/04/tech-docomo-uses-apalyas-technology-for-3g-mobile.html

^^^

So do MTNL, BSNL, MTS, TATA Indicom and any other Indian service provider offering Mobile TV. But Full version Apalya software is not compatible with Android and Android users would have to be satisfied with a stripped down version available in the Android Market.

I am unable to use 3G in Punjab. Getting signal in manual search but failing to register.

Is the same sim card compatible or is there something lik a 3G replacement sim card which has to be collected from Docomo for accessing 3G network???????

Ya m able to latch onto the network and also browse through it.

The signal strength is very good in bangalore.use the normal tata.docomo.internet settings..

so have to wait for 7 more days to know what kind of tariff will be set for 3G!

^ Not a single city in Kerala have 3G officially launched. bad.

they are yet to perfect their 3G network,I think. When I manually latch to 3G signal my number goes "unreachable"

What about launch in other cities.

For Chennai and TN, we will have to do with Aircel, Airtel and Vodafone apart from good old BSNL. No Tata DoCoMo or RGSM here......boo-hoo boo-hoo crying.gif:grin::cry:

:previous:

No Kumaar sir,

See here for the gangster's idea of bulk looting by name of 3G in circles where they missed 3G service..

Let us hope Docomo will join hands with Aircel, RCom and/or BSNL+MTNL for bringing 3G to our TN... :SI:

Edited by KanagaDeepan

Docomo launched 3G only in Rajkot in Gujarat. :-(

:signthankspin: Kanagadeepan for the link, but there also I have posted something on similar lines. In any case, already Airtel and Voda have got the 3G licence for TN, only Idea is left out. So it does not matter for us much unless some of us TN users use Idea also.

And I had checked with RCOM also, thats why RCOM will have to buy out some other operator like maybe Aircel to enlarge their 3G footprint across S India. But then, Aircel in S India is a very big entity and RCOM will not be able to buy them out without bending the rules once again. In case RCOM does pull it off, they will gain the 900Mhz band spectrum of Aircel which is very, very valuable because it required fewer towers than 1800Mhz that RCOM has currently. The last hitch in the probable buyout was that Aircel reports the subscriber numbers as extremely high and hence their valuations are too, too high.

RCOM is the only fully 100% Indian owned company currently (I hope I am not wrong - as all other operators have some foreign funding or the other)

And if at all your dream does become a reality, how will they account for voice calls? Roaming will be applicable or not? And how would they be able to give only data roaming? The situation is not impossible but there are many imponderables that have to be ironed out fully.... So it will be sometime before this dream becomes a reality. Ofcourse if the GSM gangsters can pull off a coup by aligning for covering the entire country, then faster action will have to be taken necessarily by the rest of the operators (read RCOM, DoCoMo and Aircel) or they will be left way, way behind in the 3G numbers game..

@kshah,

Sad that your city is not covered as yet by DoCoMo, was expecting your reviews on the 3G services there. Anyway, we will have Kunal coming in with his reviews.

Edited by KumaarShah

And I had checked with RCOM also, thats why RCOM  will have to buy out some other operator like maybe Aircel to enlarge their 3G footprint across S India. But then, Aircel in S India is a very big entity and RCOM will not be able to buy them out without bending the rules once again. In case RCOM does pull it off, they will gain the 900Mhz band spectrum of Aircel which is very, very valuable because it required fewer towers than 1800Mhz that RCOM has currently. The last hitch in the probable buyout was that Aircel reports the subscriber numbers as extremely high and hence their valuations are too, too high.

I wouldn't be too sure of that. Cell sizes in bigger cities have to be kept pretty small..Small to the point that 900 MHz or 1800 Mhz does not matter that much. It matters more in rural areas.

And I had checked with RCOM also, thats why RCOM will have to buy out some other operator like maybe Aircel to enlarge their 3G footprint across S India. But then, Aircel in S India is a very big entity and RCOM will not be able to buy them out without bending the rules once again. In case RCOM does pull it off, they will gain the 900Mhz band spectrum of Aircel which is very, very valuable because it required fewer towers than 1800Mhz that RCOM has currently. The last hitch in the probable buyout was that Aircel reports the subscriber numbers as extremely high and hence their valuations are too, too high.

I wouldn't be too sure of that. Cell sizes in bigger cities have to be kept pretty small..Small to the point that 900 MHz or 1800 Mhz does not matter that much. It matters more in rural areas.

Cell Size will matter more in City due to high rised concretes, in rural the size of town is already small no worry to erect another tower, but in mumbai where there are too much tall and dense building structure coverage will be problematic, AT&T in USA is still fighting for coverage in New York and now said they it will better covered with 700 LTE band rather then 2100 HSPA+ Band

cell spacing and density problem multiplies when there are too many operators in such small frequency spectrum to minimize interference to each other.

Disappointed too much hype and only 15-20 cities, no rental, no plan no path breaking announcements ?????????

Those who are getting Tata Docomo 3G signal, are you able to latch to 3g network?

I changed the mode from 'Dual mode' to 'UMTS'. I am now getting 3G. Able to make and receive calls. But not able to browse as of now.

Others please try...

even if you have 3g voice will take place on 2g only unless to opt for 3g,

you take 3g you will make and receive call using WCDMA network.

............................................................................................................................

The managing director of TTSL, Anil Sardana, confirmed that 25 towns would begin enjoying 3G coverage from today, and that within the year, cover would be extended to another 125 150 towns.

............................................................................................................................

source :: http://www.developingtelecoms.com/tata-switches-on-pioneering-3g-network-in-india-as-bsnl-claims-sabotage.html

This is exactly what I've expected since deploying GSM-3G in meaningful manner(without creating patches of no-singal zone) is quite costly proposition due to requirement of more towers and completely new hardware in comparison to GSM-2G.

This is best an operator can do if an operator cares for quality of service.

It took BSNL more than 1 year to cover 675 cities/towns that too in patchy manner.

Edited by kesav

it was all marketing gimmick , trying to be first ones in private sector to provide 3G on handsets ......giving only to few cities without any details on plans ......

and they succeeded in hype .....

lets see what happens next month when reliance starts 3GSM in mumbai

this is a poor step by TATA.

after all the advertisements and hype, they rolled out only 20 cities.

they played a fool with all.. (even its not 1st April)

@all. Guys I had received this message today morning from TA-DOCOMO

hi, welcome to the Tata DOCOMO 3G Speed Experience. 100MB of free data has been activated on your account till Nov. 11, 2010. Enjoy speeds up to 21Mbps. Please note - Pack benefits shall not apply to www.vuclip.com. Standard charges will apply. For settings SMS INTERNET to 52270.

Which was followed by -

Now experience 3G life on your phone. We are giving you 100Mb internet free. Live 3G life. Click www.google.com

Finally -

3 steps to enjoy 3G life! Go to settings, select Network Settings and choose Auto Mode or 2G/3G from Network mode. Get 3G-ed!

What do you make of it?? :Riendo::Confuso:

Disappointed too much hype and only 15-20 cities, no rental, no plan no path breaking announcements ?????????

NO, if officially not launched, still i can use it.

It's great that they won't charge ffrom first day, unlike bsnl,

Which make people not opting for 3g, with 3g handset.

15-20cities are on first day, they made annoucment that daily addition will be there, so even at end of 7th day, u may have 100+ cities.

regading Plan it will be surely pathbreaking.

It's only ur perception which make u feel disappointed.

Try it now.

^ that's good. So what speeds are you getting?

Yesterday I also called the CC guys and they told me that only 100 MB of data usage is free for seven days. :(