Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rahulmalik_81

TATA Docomo Launch 3G Services on Diwali

100 MB, I though only RCOM has jokers :-P

100 MB, I though only RCOM has jokers :-P

Well these joker will only reduce prices when there is full competition,

koi pehle jhukna nahi chahta, sab ek dusre ke muh dekh rahe hai !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine 100 MB, 50% of 3mbps, how long it last? Rimweb ka page bhi 1 MB se jyada ho jata hai. Still woh 28.8 kbps ke US Robotics ke modem wale log baithe lagte hai.

:previous:

I got update to this info from @Tatadocomo from twitter, that after the FREE 100MB data on 3G, you will be charged as per 2G tariff till the seventh day.. If you are using 2G pack, you can get 2GB for Rs49 also...

But they also accepted that, 3G data charges will be more than current 2G charges after the seven days offer period...

Well docomo is adding more cities as the days goes by it seems.now Pune has also got 3G

That's common sense bro that 3g tariff wil be more than 2g tariff's .well i downloaded a complete movie using torrents on my n97 mini usign 3g.got an avg speed of 100 kbps

Tata Docomo 3G Generates Mixed Response

[uPDATE- 7:23 pm] Well, while the story was sparked by the disenchantment of Tata Docomo subscribers, its heartening to note that not all subscribers are dissatisfied. Tushar from Meerut writes, "I have been using 3G since yesterday and the average speed I'm getting is 2.4Mbps. It's awesome and downloads are super fast." In a similar vein, Vaishali from Rajkot has also expressed her satisfaction with Tata Docomo's 3G service, "Personally I'm getting around 3Mbps. I find 95 bucks for 6GB worth it. Lets face it this is as reasonable as 3G can be,...and the speed hasnt wavered at all."

[uPDATE] We have been getting a constant stream of reader mails regarding Tata Docomo's 3G plans in India and there have been certain interesting points made. For e.g. a reader, Android007 pointed out that according to a Tata Docomo customer care executive, only the first 40,000 people who activate 3G would get the free 3G connection till 11th November (with a limit of 100MB). Since, this wasn't mentioned in any way during the press conference and neither through any official communication fr Tata Docomo, it isn't surprising that there seems to be some confusion regarding the 3G services. Also, Sandesh from Chennai made an interesting observation that only Tata Docomo subscribers who were already subscribed to the GPRS scheme were getting their 3G services activated.

[Original story] On Wednesday, we reported that Tata Docomo executives had announced that existing subscribers would be able to try out their 3G network for free till the 11th of November. However, that promise has yet to be kept since we have been getting complaints and have been coming across other complaints online that users are unable to activate their free 3G connections.

According to posters on the India Broadband Forum, on texting the requisite keywords to numbers mentioned by Tata Docomo for 3G activation, users are sent back a reply containing a link to a site that doesn't open (we tried the link too and it didn't work). However, some users did activate the 3G connections by recharging their connections (Rs. 95 recharge for a 6GB limit and Rs. 48 recharge for a 2GB limit). A user at the forum also revealed that he was getting speeds up to 3Mbps.

We tried contacting Tata Docomo but we couldn't reach the executives who were supposed to have the answers. So, here's a couple of questions that could do with some answering:

1) Why can't current Tata Docomo subscribers try the 3G network for free till 11th November like it was announced on Wednesday's Bangalore press conference?

2) It was also announced that the 3G connections would be enabled automatically, so why do subscribers have to send a text?

Conversely, are there any Tata Docomo subscribers out there who had their 3G connections enabled automatically and are having a great experience on it? Do let me know.

[uPDATE] Okay, so the first of our readers has written in. Prashant from Bangalore says "I had to pay Rs 95/- to get a 6 GB quantum. So, it’s not free at all." He further writes that he initially experienced speeds up to 3Mbps but then later the speeds dropped. Also, in his experience, the connection wasn't very reliable and kept dropping. Overall, he feels that it was a mixed experience since he appreciated the high speeds but felt disappointed by the fact that it wasn't free and the connection was inconsistent.

[uPDATE] Salim from Mohali (who uses a Nokia N900) writes, "On 5/6 nov the speeds were great at about 2mbps and web pages were loading quite fast. At present, since last two days speeds are not that good at only about 1/2 to 1 Mbps...There is no free trial as I had to recharge with Rs. 95 twice and if 6gb limit is over then you will need to recharge again..."

Sandesh from Chennai has had a positive experience with the Tata Docomo 3G connection when he visited Bangalore and has stated that since he had opted for the 2GB GPRS pack earlier, he was immediately upgraded to the 3G plan. He was also satisfied with the speeds and he got speeds varying from 30 kBps to 180kBps (about 256 kbps to 2Mbps).

If you are reading this story and are a Tata Docomo subscriber, do write in and we'll try to keep this page updated with your responses.

source :: http://www.pcworld.in/news/tata-docomo-3g-readers-respond-40302010

Meerut and Rajkot people have confirmed about this?? and me and DK are left behind?? Aisa kaise ho sakta hain...

Well ho sakta hain.. cause we both are CDMA fans.. lolz... But seriously, I plan to buy a prepaid DCM today... Hunting for docs now...

OK Guys, I have finally DCM sim in my hand, and I tested its speed and browsing on my (actually my fiancees') newest 3GS.. I tried the apn as tata.docomo.internet

Disclaimer: I am not a GSM customer, but out of curiosity I have bought this connection and tested it. Also, I am writing this as a comparision between GSM 3G i.e. DCM 3g and BSNL 3g.

Browsing : It was awesome with DCM inside and is pretty fast. I can also say that it is pretty fast when I use it over wifi from my ****ty BSNL Wireline BB. The BSNL 3G browsing was fast, but was taking a lot of time to latch onto the 3G network, and sometimes it would go on to EDGE.

Downloads : I did not download anything, but yes downloaded a few apps from the app store. ANGRY BIRDS LITE. This app download in DCM was much faster than in the BSNL.

Speetest.net : DCM faired more then 2000kbps downlink and around 200-400 kbps uplink. This was repeated for atleast 5 times from one single place inside my home, and only once it showed downlink as less than 500kbps. The PING was always around the 300ms mark. BSNL was never 1500kbps downlink and 300kbps uplink. This was again carried out from the same place in my home.

My Assuptions: BSNL 3G is in Rajkot for more than a month, and DCM only from 3-4 days. Maybe BSNL had a lot of traffic on their network, and so the speed might have been less. BUT nevertheless, BSNL has 3G signal latching problems, and BIG problems.

I also tried out the DCM connection from various places inside my home, and I was always getting 4 out of 5 bars on my signal indicator. Everyone in my house uses IDEA, and they get signal issues/drop calls, etc. So now I have one contender for IDEA connection in my home after MNP. I will also vouch for other connections when they launch 3G in Rajkot, before striking GOLD.

One notworthing feature I would like to inform you friends. The voice clarity I felt was much much better in the DCM 3G SIM on the 3GS than my Incredible with RCDMA. I wonder why. Is it because it is iPhone with a 3G connection, or is it because DCM has excellent voice clarity on its network by default?

Anyway, ill now go on to enjoy my 100mb free data on my DCM SIM... So long..

^^^ Update...

I was using DCM 3G, and I had a balance of Rs. 156 in my Account. I browsed a few websites, and did some speedtests, and within 10 minutes, zooom.. My Balance is now 0.01 Rupees.

I dont know how it was being charged and so called up CC. As usual CC is the dumbest A$$est people in the world.. But one thing I got to know from my yesterday's conversation with the ugly salesgirl at the DCM outlet yesterday when I bought the new sim. She said, 'Sir, only if you get a message from DCM saying that you can use 100mb for free, only then you are entitled to use".

And me like one dumb a$$ did not take her talks seriously, and started using the data unanimously.. Danda jab pichwade mein lagta hain, tabhi seekh milti hain..

Lolz.. Anyway, after that I recharged my phone from their website, and it was recharged immediately. I recharged from my online Bank Account (not credit/debit card). They have many many Banks in their portfolio. Easy as 1-2-3...

Greatest,That is Indeed some great info for prospective 3G Docomo users.

It's good to hear that the voice quality is great in 3G in Rajkot.

One doubt which I would like to share with you is that here in Ahmedabad/Gandhinagar, Docomo still have network issues.Call drops are much more frequent.I work in a Tata office and have a Docomo tower in the same building.I get full signals on phone,but when I try to call someone,many times there is a voice breakage and call quality is not at all par with the Other Old service providers.

I think that they have a very good network in Rajkot and hence u are getting great speeds.That could be one of the reasons,they started 3G in Gujarat with Rajkot.3G was not yet available in Ahmedabad till yesterday morning when I checked it Last.

Anyways,have a great Time with 3G Docomo and thanks for the reviews.

Tata DOCOMO rolls out 3G services in Gujrat

AHMEDABAD: Tata DOCOMO, the GSM arm of Tata Teleservices Limited (TTL) today announced the commercial roll out of 3G services, in three cities of Gujarat.

"The 3G services will now be commercially available in cities like Rajkot, Bharuch and Ankleshwar . We expect to launch these services in Surat, Anand and Amreli by next week," Tata DOCOMO Regional Head Sunil Tandon told reporters.

TTL has rolled out 3G services in all the nine circles, for which it had bagged the licenses from the government.

"Prior to this roll out we had done a soft launch of 3G services in Rajkot on the Diwali day," Tata DOCOMO Chief Operating Officer, Gujarat Nipun Sharma said.

The company will be investing USD 500 million in network roll out nationally, a company statement said.

The company has proposed to complete the first phase roll out of 3G services in Gujarat by end of December.

"3G as the next generation service brings with it better voice clarity, fewer call drops and high speed internet access. Our services will enable richer communications through video calls and SMSs," Sharma said.

The company plans to open 250-3G Life Experience Zones-in Gujarat, where customers can experience the various features of 3G like video calling, mobile TV, video mails and SMS, besides high speed surfing facility.

source :: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/telecom/Tata-DOCOMO-rolls-out-3G-services-in-Gujrat/articleshow/6949749.cms

Hmmm... Tatas are launching 3G services really fast, NOT SNAIL_LIKE EV-DO coverage-growth of TataIndicom..

Now only one thing has to be done, bringing the tariff from the SKY to the reach of us, else Docomo 3G will be only for Crorepatis, and currently almost all Crorepatis are using either Airtel/Vodafone/Idea/BSNL only...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

Tata DOCOMO brings 3G Life to Mangalore, Manipal and Udupi

Manipal, November 26, 2010: Tata DOCOMO, the GSM arm of Tata Teleservices Limited, formally launched its services in Mangalore, Manipal and Udupi today. Powered with cutting-edge technology support from its partner NTT DOCOMO, INC. of Japan- the undisputed global leader in 3G services - Tata Teleservices Limited’s 3G services will change the way consumers use their mobile phones, riding on the back of game-changing products and services.

“Tata Teleservices Limited’s 3G services under the brand name Tata DOCOMO will equip customers with a dual advantage-trusted service from the House of Tata, riding on the technological excellence of NTT DOCOMO,” Mr Deepak Gulati, Executive President, Mobility Business Division, Tata Teleservices Limited, said. “We have been able to complete the ramp-up of our network to support 3G services due to the superb 3G-ready network we created at the time of our 2G launch itself, last year,” Mr Gulati added.

ata DOCOMO’s HSPA+ 3G Network, set up with the assistance of NTT DOCOMO, supports high-speed Internet access with speeds of up to 21.1 Mbps. Technical literature often refers to this as ‘3.5 G+’. The network also supports high-definition voice (HD Voice) for a superior voice experience on calls.

“While 3G as the next-generation of mobility brings with it better voice clarity through HD Voice, fewer call-drops and high-speed Internet access, the impact it is likely to have on consumers’ lives is much greater than any of these improvements alone,” Mr Yatish Mehrotra, Hub Head (South), GSM Operations, Tata Teleservices Limited, said. “Our 3G services will enable richer communication through video calls and SMSs, will add the advantage of adding mobility to the power of the Internet, and will enable millions to start accessing the true power of the Internet. Truly, it’s not a step up in mobility services, but the gateway to an altogether new life-the 3G Life,” he added.

As part of the launch for all new prepaid activations in Bangalore, Manipal, Udupi, Mangalore will get FREE 250 MB Data instantly to experience 3G life with Tata Docomo. Offer valid upto 15th dec’2010. This offer is available on FRC-62, FRC-44 & FRC-23. Any new activation with any of the above mentioned FRC will get upfront 250MB Data free (valid for 10 days).

Tata DOCOMO, today also announced attractive and innovative plans-Small Screen Plan & Large Screen Plan-for consumers to upgrade to the 3G Life. Tata DOCOMO’s Small Screen Plan works best for those mobile phone users who need both 3G voice and data connectivity, while the Large Screen Plan is for those customers who want to use 3G services to access the Internet on their laptops, PCs and Tablets.

The Small Screen Plan has options ranging from Rs 350 to Rs 2,000, offering 750 to 5,000 free call minutes, coupled with free data of up to 2 GB. Priced at Rs 1,000 to Rs 2,000, the Large Screen Plan has many attractive options, all of which offer unlimited data usage. Under this plan, users will get speed of 3.6 Mbps to 21.1 Mbps for data usage of 5 GB to 15 GB, depending on the option taken. Voice plans are also competitively priced and as an invitational offer, all purchases and recharges of 3G services done before 31 December 2010 will get an additional 100 MB of data free per month for the first two months.

Tata DOCOMO’s 3G offering starts off on a rich and heady note, with the introductory service portfolio including applications like Video-SMS, Video-Streaming, Mobile TV, Ultra-High-Speed Data Transfers, Route-Finder, Live Aarti, and more. Progressively, NTT DOCOMO will bring to India 3G products and services that will give Tata DOCOMO customers a flavor of tomorrow.

source :: http://mangalorean.com/news.php?newstype=broadcast&broadcastid=209466

I don't understand why TATA Docomo not having list 3G coverage cities/towns in their website.

:confuse: :confuse: :confuse: :confuse:

Tata Docomo is the only private operator to offer 3G right, so it is a duopoly market with the other player BSNL being inefficient. So I guess they will 'skim the market of cream' and reduce the data tariff further when the rest of Airtel, Vodafone, Rcom, Idea, etc launch their service at the end of the year.

I don't understand why TATA Docomo not having list 3G coverage cities/towns in their website.

Because it is too small for a list to proclaim...

Tata Docomo has lived with its promise, 3G was to start by Diwali in Gujarat and they have done it so. Now, I got a recharge of Rs 90 for 100 MB 3G, and the speed was much much much better than the oldie Edge. When the 'H' icon on my HTC HD2 appears on 3G, the signal strength weakens, however I have read about 3G networks' depleting signal.

Tata Docomo has launched 3G in Shirdi, Kolhapur, Nagpur & Pune. (All Maharashtra Cities)

Source: My Mailbox

Docomo 3g signals live in Jalgaon....

Day before yesterday I too received the mail from Docomo.....stating "Tata Docomo 3G now available in your city".

God knows, which city they are referring to. As they don't have any plans to start 3G in Mumbai because they don't have 3G spectrum here. But then why they mailed me ?

Iska jawaab dena hoga. Barobar dena hoga.....DOCOMO !

^^^ Maybe they were referring to 'Jhumri-Talaiya' ;)

• Like 1

They made a good move - now recharge with Rs.91 provides 200Mb of 3G data usage (revised from 100Mb) and validity will be 30 days (instead of 10 days).

Good for monthly low usage like checking mails and light browsing.

does one require to send any message for activating 3G or just recharge with voucher that they specify?

Karthik from where did you get that 91 STV