Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
swaroop

All About Nokia 6255

Also can the memory be used to store anything?

I mean can we have e books on this phone?

lol

u can't use memory for e-books.

Its only for ringtones, wallpapers, videos, games & applications.

Also can the memory be used to store anything?

I mean can we have e books on this phone?

lol

u can't use memory for e-books.

Its only for ringtones, wallpapers, videos, games & applications.

37825[/snapback]

Buddy we have phones and PDA s where we can have ebooks stored

yah!

thats true

are yaar ab Reliance ko pura nichod ke manoge?

its giving a cool phone yaar.

but u can't store e-books in it.

Its not a symbian phone.

I think there are applications which allow users to read PDF files on series 40 phones, Like PDF Reader.

and this is a series 40 phone isnt it

so............. any chance?

Edited by tanveer

what is the version of this phone you guys have>

I've looked everywhere in Pune but this phone in available anywhere. I think it was around for a week or so, at which point the price was 15k.... but since then... no where. All the dealers assure that it will be available in a couple of days if I paid them an advance! I didnt and none of them have it!

What about you guys in other cities... whats the stock there like?

Trying to get my hands on to one with a great difficulty!

Might get it today.

and yes they tell me it is not very easily available!

Everyone said they can get it on Tuesday but i could not wait!

I guess there might be a drop in proces in a couple of days.

Well i was first very happy when i bought this model Nokia 6255... Let me tell you more about this phone.

1)Bigest problem you cannot upload any .Jar Files sope no games no apps.

2)When u even upload it via Oxygen it gets sucessfully uploaded but doesnt work

3)You cannot send any SMS via PC Suite or Oxygen.

4)There is R-World But of no use almost nothing is there except the Index.No comatible apps on R-world

5)Issues connecting to Internet dialup.

6)Loud speaker s**ks all time... Voice is Bad

7)Battery Life s**ks

8)If all are happy that the phone has a inbuilt Flash.. then here is something it is white LED. Which really doesnt have to much impact on the Images.

9)Video Recording Max 3min in a 512mb card.

10)Reliance have disabled many features like Message Counters, and ****....

11)A common theme you cannot change the theme you can only figit wit the colors

12)Video only 3gp no Real Video...

13)You cannot play avi, Wma Files...

14)Ringtones .amr or .MID

I think there these 14 cons are enough to explain 6255.... it s**ks i have already sold my piece at 12,000 to a dumb asss..... till now.....

Mr ambani why u want to keep all the F&&kin control in your hands... you are losing ur market and encouraging reverse engineering by limiting things...

Guys before buying just have a glimpse on above cons... and 13,000 is not value for money... it should be near 6 to 7k....

Please wait till reliance doesnt use Default Prog of Nokia...

Any one with any new issues please post up...

Sagar

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

my dear friend Sagar....you have told a lot negative about nokia 6255. i believe you must be using the mobile for the first time...secondly where did you buy this set from......you must have definately got a defective piece.....i am using this phone for the last 40 days and trust me i am very much satisfied with the same...excellent screen, mp3 is gr8, radio, too good....bluetooth-outstanding...it supports more than 1 gb memory card....nice clarity....excellent transfer of images , ringtones etc, through bluetooth....excellent battery life also.....i would suggest you to please check the handset twice before buying the same....dont listen to this stupid guy....nokia 6255 is one of the best phone in the market....better than all gsm phones...hey, the camera....0.3 megapixels....good camera......any queries mail me on u1s2a3@gmail.com thanks n regards....u1s2a3

another thing to remember is that it has so many firsts for a reliance phone!

If you are comparing it with the latest and best GSM phones then of course it will fall short of expectations.

I have had a few hours and till now I am quite happy with it!

Well u1s.... the thing sagar said is in detail and before telling the pcs to be excellent u must cooment point wise like does it suport all formats or only 3gp, can we load application we want, can we send sms by pc suite etc. so inspite of general survey u must comment point wise. u have said he is using the hanset for first time but from his post i think he has total knoweldge so only he has put information point wise. may be his exp is bad and those things work for u but then inform the forum that how those points r wrong, becuase all people have diff demands and a guy like me using rd 2030 lg want change the pcs then it must give all those fcilities else i will wait till that. moeny is not the matter but once i spen 13k then i cant change for atleast 3 years and for 3 years i dont want to be with that dumb pcs else i can wait for still 6 to 7 months and go for a better pcs. so next time when u comment pls prove other person wrong while commenting..... atleast this is what i think.

I would Say Reliance has not come out with such feature rich fone as 6255 before. It is at par with lot of GSM fones of today. I do upload .jar files of games and applications and they all work too.

Thanks,

Mukul.

There are two things I have surely not liked about this phone so far, the rest is wonderful!

1. The weight is distributed more towards the screen side so that if you place it flat, it tilts towards the screen side and is stopped by only the antenna!

This is uncomfortable at times

2. The middle button of the 5 way navigation key is way to hard to push. The rest of they keys are feather touch so this will sure make your thumbb sore if you want to fiddle with it for long.

Can write a detailed review (with photographs) if you people want and if our revered mods and admins allow!

there will never ever be a complete phone.

all phones have their own pros and cons. you have to live with it.

if u want to wait for a complete phone, the time is never gonna come.

just check the forum,almost every phone has some or the other problem. none of them is complete.

'yeh dil mange more' we consumers can never ever be satisfied by any company in the world.

u1s2a3...For your information.. i have no hard feelings against nokia or reliance... my point was that spending 13k for phone which has no features... wads the use... instead buy a 6600 at 10k well we can utilise the phone at the MAX...

Well u1s2a3 u said dont listen to the stupid guy... i guess u r a newbie in using a phone or u have too much bucks to pay for the phone which has features like a normal fone and dont have value for money...

Yes as u said u1s2a3 please check the handset twice before buying....you can ask the WW Guy to answer u these Questions

1)Does it support APP Games

2)Is messaging allowed via pc suite

3)There are tones of other Features which are disabled screen saver, message counter (How can we keep a track)

As rakesh said u1s2a3 please give a strong arguments against my cons or if u have any solutions please comment it...

If u are really happy with the phone please justify and compare.

tanveer,

Yes i certainly agree that we cannot compare it with GSM phones but there should be basic features...other wise whats the difference between 6255 and L2030 or SCH191... just Color screen, MP3, Radio... we can get all that buy paying less...

Utsav,

Well the matter of fact Nokia have launced it coz at the END of the Day nokia needs sales...and FYI reliance have the rights to modify the software and sell the phone...

MUKUL,

Well if u were able to upload the JAR Files... please let me know how u did it... coz when i upload ny jar files the phone says format not supported..

Well i know everybody must be thiking about what am i speeking but i have had a communication with oxygen..contact person is OLGA... she has said the software depends on the phone if it gives rights to send messages it will send then..

I even have a 3125.. i am not able to send messages or upload games...

I can Upload Screen Shots of the PC Suite and Oxygen Full version.. connected to the PHONE...

Well at the End of the Day people need a good phone and i have had a Bad Exp and iam sharing it and matter of fact it was not a Defective peice... the peice is defective in its features...

Mukul, could u pl inform all of the 6255 users, what all applications have u uploaded and the website from u have downloaded the applications.. would be of great help....

i got one 6255 for myself yesterday, still going thru it..

that s the point you will never get a complete phone. Once again Compare this with other reliance phones. just imagine they are seling LG 6000 and nokia 6225 for 10000 and this one with 12500 or so is a better phone anyday.

I am still going through the phone and i must say that I am impressed and there is no doubt that it is the best handset from reliacne so far

and yes if you want to wait, there is 6155 but then it does not have bluetooth and other things

another one 6235 again is not flip open and does not have blue tooth and other such features

So buddy buy the best one you can have today and whenever you find a better one at a good price go get it

thats technology for you!

People with this phone can log into MMS portal and recieve and send pics and files like 6130 and 6000

Well u1s.... the thing sagar said is in detail and before telling the pcs to be excellent u must cooment point wise like does it suport all formats or only 3gp, can we load application we want, can we send sms by pc suite etc. so inspite of general survey u must comment point wise. u have said he is using the hanset for first time but from his post i think he has total knoweldge so only he has put information point wise. may be his exp is bad and those things work for u but then inform the forum that how those points r wrong, becuase all people have diff demands and a guy like me using rd 2030 lg want change the pcs then it must give all those fcilities else i will wait till that. moeny is not the matter but once i spen 13k then i cant change for atleast 3 years and for 3 years i dont want to be with that dumb pcs else i can wait for still 6 to 7 months and go for a better pcs. so next time when u comment pls prove other person wrong while commenting..... atleast this is what i think.

37924[/snapback]

my dear friend...why you people want everything faukat ka. as you asked whether i am able to send sms thru pc suite, why are you taking so much trouble by switching on the comp and sending sms thru pc suite when you have a handset in your hand and click of a second you can send sms. regarding the features , as i have mentioned earlier it has all features which avaliable in gsm phones, eg: nokia 6600, 6670 etc. what else you want, you can also record video in 3gp format and also transfer your favourite videos thru card reader or bluetooth......i dont understand how people expect more and more......be happy what you get.....did u get me.....thanks n regards.....u1s2a3