Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
swaroop

All About Nokia 6255

Use MobiMB Mobile Media Browser for installing games and applications.

Games are very easy to find but not many aplications seem to be on the internet for series 40.

If anyone has a collection of the series 40 applications then please pm me.

6255 is a series 40 second edition.

Edited by sephiroth

mukul, the review u have given has already been covered in this very thread. Please read the previous posts before posting them.

Is there a Handy Safe kind of application for 6255 series 40?

BTW an FYI ... u need MobiMB (as told in my last post) for installing games/apps.

The Nokia pc suite does not work as it says the phone is not supported.

HI

I have a single dku2 with me (original)

if anyone intrested in buying it please let me know

Is there a Handy Safe kind of application for 6255 series 40?

BTW an FYI ... u need MobiMB (as told in my last post) for installing games/apps.

The Nokia pc suite does not work as it says the phone is not supported.

36422[/snapback]

Have you tried MobiMB...Does it work fine please let me know....

Thanks...

Mukul

till now no one has commented on shape and size of 6255? isnt it too big????? and only 16 poly ringtones??? with ringtones are not as loud as 3125??

reliance has come out with the best nokia phone, ie 6255, i am using it, its a damn good phone with all the features, any queries, pl call on my cell number ie. 09324788668 thanks n regards....u1s2a3

till now no one has commented on shape and size of 6255? isnt it too big????? and only 16 poly ringtones??? with ringtones are not as loud as 3125??

36525[/snapback]

36525[/snapback]

The 6255 is a clamshell phone SO when you open it...it becomes big. You can have MP3 ringtones which are loud enough to make your neighbours know that you have a call. Well you can adjust the volume too.

I know cause I have bought it and I am playing (Using) with it.

anything else you wanna know ?????

Hi! is the phone really heavy to talk with for hours or convenient enough. More importantly how much is the SMS and Contacts memory?

Thanks.

Regards,

mitul

Edited by mitul_mehta

i remember when gtarn was launched everyone in rim was jumping like this but after few days things started comming out and ppl started talking negative about gtran. so be careful and see yourself and then decide. for me this is big size phone with no ergonomics. it resembles like a big size matchbox rather than clamshell.

i remember when gtarn was launched everyone in rim was jumping like this but after few days things started comming out and ppl started talking negative about gtran. so be careful and see yourself and then decide. for me this is big size phone with no ergonomics. it resembles like a big size matchbox rather than clamshell.

36562[/snapback]

HI guys i have bought Nokia 6255 few days back, this is realy ravishing. I am enjoying it. What ever the feild this phone is far ahed then other phone option available in CDMA, No phone can Compete with this.

has any one been able to sucessfully install games and apps in this fone?

HI guys i have bought Nokia 6255 few days back, this is realy ravishing. I am enjoying it. What ever the feild this phone is far ahed then other phone option available in CDMA, No phone can Compete with this.

36570[/snapback]

I completly agree with you..

has any one been able to sucessfully install games and apps in this fone?

36572[/snapback]

Yes it is compatible with Nokia PCSuite 6.6 The latest Version. But Application inataller is not suppoerted. But you can install the Applications and games with MobiMB (Mobile media Browser). I have installed the games and applications in the phone.

reliance has come out with the best nokia phone, ie 6255, i am using it, its a damn good phone with all the features, any queries, pl call on my cell number ie. 09324788668 thanks n regards....u1s2a3

36525[/snapback]

36530[/snapback]

hi there

thanks for the advice and telephonic discussion . i gave up 3125 and bought 6255. i could connect to rconnect with bluetooth with 230kbps of speed like a broadband. great phone. still i feel the size is large. the bluetooth works fine.

36525[/snapback]

36530[/snapback]

hi there

thanks for the advice and telephonic discussion . i gave up 3125 and bought 6255. i could connect to rconnect with bluetooth with 230kbps of speed like a broadband. great phone. still i feel the size is large. the bluetooth works fine.

36590[/snapback]

Guys i tried the latest demo v 2.5.2 of mobimb and it detected the fone correctly, the older version such as 2.4 detected it as nokia 1190 or something.

Please post back if you could install any freakin games successfully on the handset using MOBIMB.

I have purchased Mobimb v 2.5.2 and it works great with 6255. Infact better than Nokia PC Suite. Worth Buying.....

36562[/snapback]

my dear friend, when u dont have a phone in your hand pl dont say anything rubbish. i have a phone ,using it since 10 days and trust me reliance has come out with the best. i dont think they will launch any other like 6255 for atleast a year. good phone, good battery life....excellent mp3 players, radio sounds good.....everything excellent......any queries...send email to u1s2a3@gmail.com....take care......

I have purchased Mobimb v 2.5.2 and it works great with 6255. Infact better than Nokia PC Suite. Worth Buying.....

36689[/snapback]

and can you install apps on the phone using mobimb??

Yes you can.. games and Applications...Just copy and paste, Very very easy and user friendly software.Try the Demo version, You would get the idia. Till now I have installed around 50 games in it and all of them works great. I was also pissed of when I tried Nokia PC suite and in Application intaller the phone was not recognised, But thanks to MobiMB 2.5.2. I only hope Nokia update their PC suite and correct the problem.

Cheers,

Mukul.

I would like to know whether following features are available in Nokia 6255:

1. Voice Dialing

2. Memory Expansion

3. Bluetooth Dial-up internet connection

4. Internet Connection Spee

Also, will this phone work with Reliance or Tata?

If I purchase this phone from USA market (I know there is a variant available in US Market called as Nokia 6255i) will it work in India?

See inline

I would like to know whether following features are available in Nokia 6255:

1. Voice Dialing

[Nitro] Yes very much

2. Memory Expansion

[Nitro]Oh yeah there are MMCards that can go upto 2GB

3. Bluetooth Dial-up internet connection

4. Internet Connection Spee

[Nitro]Yes to 3 und 4, net speed is good, since last two days for god knows what reason i get 13-14 KBps at times it even touches 16.4 KBps (I didn't get disconnected for once) this is on a blue tooth connection and not over the wire.

Also, will this phone work with Reliance or Tata?

If I purchase this phone from USA market (I know there is a variant available in US Market called as Nokia 6255i) will it work in India

?

[Nitro]Not sure of this, prolly some one else can suggest

Hey guys,

Just visited the WW in Mumbai today , I was told the MRP as 13400.

They said the its out of stock and new stock will be available in 2 days.

I told them that the Nokia CC said its price is 12600 but they wouldnt agree.

I saw a demo piece, they had just that not a working one.

A first look it didnt seem all that great to me.

Looked quite big too and the screen appeared small as compared to its size.

Now i will have to rethink if I am going to get this one.

The WW people had no idea abt 6265.

Wats ur take guys, should we go for this one or wait for a new and better one to come.

Thanks

Ashish