Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
swaroop

All About Nokia 6255

guys i think this topic is made some more HOT than expected please be patient and give ur individual suggestions please dont TAUNT nebody....

I had done that earlier but now i think its not right

i also think that IN reliance having a phone like 6255 is a gr8 comeback by ambani....

Well i was first very happy when i bought this model Nokia 6255... Let me tell you more about this phone.

14)Ringtones .amr or .MID

I think there these 14 cons are enough to explain 6255.... it s**ks i have already sold my piece at 12,000 to a dumb asss..... till now.....

<TOPIC MERGED!>

37904[/snapback]

Its great to read something about 6255 by one who have done a great research, but hold on have you tried mp3 ringtones. shared pics and have you tried of using .gif as wallpapers. DO IT. THEN TELL THE PEOPLES WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS SET.

MUKUL,

Well if u were able to upload the JAR Files... please let me know how u did it... coz when i upload ny jar files the phone says format not supported..

Well i know everybody must be thiking about what am i speeking but i have had a communication with oxygen..contact person is OLGA... she has said the software depends on the phone if it gives rights to send messages it will send then..

I even have a 3125.. i am not able to send messages or upload games...

I can Upload Screen Shots of the PC Suite and Oxygen Full version.. connected to the PHONE...

Well at the End of the Day people need a good phone and i have had a Bad Exp and iam sharing it and matter of fact it was not a Defective peice... the peice is defective in its features...

37944[/snapback]

Dear Sagar,

I am wondering have you actually bought 6255 or is it some other model. What are you actually looking for in 6255. I would like you to know .jar files do work in 6255 cause I upload them and play games and use the applications too. For this you need a right kind of software which is... (MobiMB Mobile Media Browser) You can download demo copy from www.logomanager.co.uk. It is a simple software to use all you have to do is copy and paste in the application or game folder. I have bought my 6255 with 5 games and 2 applications today I have more than 50 games and applications. I delete and install games almost everyday. I agree Nokia PC suite and Oxygen softwares do not work with this phone but (MobiMB Mobile Media Browser) does.

MUKUL,

Well if u were able to upload the JAR Files... please let me know how u did it... coz when i upload ny jar files the phone says format not supported..

Well i know everybody must be thiking about what am i speeking but i have had a communication with oxygen..contact person is OLGA... she has said the software depends on the phone if it gives rights to send messages it will send then..

I even have a 3125.. i am not able to send messages or upload games...

I can Upload Screen Shots of the PC Suite and Oxygen Full version.. connected to the PHONE...

Well at the End of the Day people need a good phone and i have had a Bad Exp and iam sharing it and matter of fact it was not a Defective peice... the peice is defective in its features...

37944[/snapback]

Dear Sagar,

I am wondering have you actually bought 6255 or is it some other model. What are you actually looking for in 6255. I would like you to know .jar files do work in 6255 cause I upload them and play games and use the applications too. For this you need a right kind of software which is... (MobiMB Mobile Media Browser) You can download demo copy from www.logomanager.co.uk. It is a simple software to use all you have to do is copy and paste in the application or game folder. I have bought my 6255 with 5 games and 2 applications today I have more than 50 games and applications. I delete and install games almost everyday. I agree Nokia PC suite and Oxygen softwares do not work with this phone but (MobiMB Mobile Media Browser) does.

37984[/snapback]

hi, sorry to bother you, let me correct you please. pc suite works very well with nokia 6255 thru bluetooth and data cable (DKU-2) this is for your information , as for games, yes it works with mobile media browser. have fun.excellent phone.thanks n regards,u1s2a3

Edited by Vishal Gupta

Yes I think that games can be added using Mobimedia but i havent been able to do so as the free version does not support it.

Is that true Mukul and u1s2a3?

You are not able to access the applications and games folder using PC suite, you can do that using mobimedia but it does not allow games transfer inn the free version.

Guess i ll have to find a crack or something!

Correct me if I am wrong Mukul adn usa(why do u have such a difficult userid?)

and yes i have a GIf as my wallpaper on both main and mini display and I am using MP3 ringtones!

Edited by tanveer

Tanveer

The Free Version does not let you install the applications and games.....Well I guess you have to buy the Software or Google search the Crack.

Did you check the Screen Shot I posted? So it is very clear that you can upload the games and Apps in your phone and THEY WORK TOO.

Yeah I guessed that much,

I tried copying the games to other folders but they could not be opened there

The Pc suite does not give access to the games and application folder,

You can access the application folder with the free version but you can not copy the games.

So will have to buy/find crack

How much is the cost for which you bought it?

I have purchased this Nokia 6255 phone last week. Definitely this is a very advanced phone for any Reliance users; because Reliance normally uses pre-historic and ancient technologies. Reliance is a one provided which is proud of being outdated by their GSM competitors.

Sarcasm aside, this phone has good amount of features. The Reliance Web World representative was so naïve. They did not even know that this phone has Voice dial feature. When asked the rep was telling me that it is not available in this phone. I can't help thinking bad when we talk about Reliance.

Camera really s**ks; not good for viewing it in PCs with higher resolutions. I have not tried video recording yet.

Lots of good things like good reception, sturdiness, PDA Functions, Bluetooth capability (still struggling to get the internet connection thru Bluetooth), ring-tone capabilities, wallpaper, mini-display etc…

Reliance customer care is refusing to give you directions on how to setup internet connection using Bluetooth. Some one must wake up Ambanis from their blood ****ing dreams and ask them to think ahead. After all, they can not take all their 1000000000 crores to hell or heaven. With all the money Reliance can easily move forward with latest technologies which they refuse to do now.

Edited by Ramchi

Yup uploaded a game successfully!

Now there is no lilmit!

Thanks a ton Mukul Bhai and Vishal for your help!

Mukul what all applications can be run on this phone?

And can we have a separate thread where we can upload/provide links for some really neat nokia games?

Yup uploaded a game successfully!

Now there is no lilmit!

Thanks a ton Mukul Bhai and Vishal for your help!

Mukul what all applications can be run on this phone?

And can we have a separate thread where we can upload/provide links for some really neat nokia games?

38020[/snapback]

hi,request u to please send me a full version of MobiMB Mobile Media Browser , i believe u have mentioned that you are able to download all the games....will wait for the same or you can send an attachment on my email ie. u1s2a3@gmail.com thanks n regards u1s2a3

MobiMB is a great software but I hope Nokia update their software as well so that applications and games can be installed with it. The Nokia PCsuite phone compatible chart says it does support, Well it does not so I wrote about the same to nokia Support service, But they do not know what i am talking about. Some time i really wonder What companies like Nokia and Reliance see in these guys while hiring them.

Mr. satyendra_sarat,

How are you downloading the games????? Please explain every step by step, Then from there we would take up.

well u can not download games unless you can access the games and applications are of the phone.

that unfortunately is not possible with nokia pc suite

those who are uploading games( including me) are using mobimedia

I dont know if any other such software is available

But yes I have removed the nokia pc suite from My system as i dont require it!

Great Going Tanveer.....But just curious to know how come that 262K colours and 65K colours appears equally good???

Edited by Mukul

Tanveer even if you do not remove PCSuite it would not effect MobiMB, Cause When you Connect to MobiMB it would Switch off the PcSuite. I am also interested to know that how do you connect to MobiMB. If you are connceting Via BlueTooth then which Dongle and Software Driver you are using?

I connect using bluetooth only. I got a very cheap dongle that has a very short range (I cant even find a brand name on the pack). I did not install any drivers, using the microsoft drivers only.

Also i removed PC suite because i see no use for keeping it on my system, also someone in the DUN thread pointed that it interferes with R connect connection

Great That's What I wanted to know cause MobiMB will work on Bluetooth only with Microsoft Native drivers, I have X-Micro Bluetooth costed me Rs. 1250/- and has a range of 100 mtrs. Works with Microsoft Driver and Widcomm Drivers. But MobiMB does not work if I install Widcomm Drivers. Other wise my Phone's infrared also work great with MobiMB but data transfer gets very slow.

Tanveer

If you are planning to buy MMC card of a bigger size then I would suggest Do not waste your money in buying Cable (DKU-2), Since transfer of MP3 files takes a lot of time, instead buy a USB 2 Multi card reader/Writer. I have a MMC card of 1 GB so you can imagine how much time would it take to transfer So much stuff. I use USB 2 Multi card reader/Writer and it costed me Rs. 250/-

Mukul, So you got all your stuff from Gaffar isnt it?

Any particular dealer there?

Did not actually have enuf patience to go thro all the other posts of 6255 , I just wanted to ask ... how about the pricing of this mob... is that reasonable? how much are they quoting ?

Cheers

Ashok

Yeah I did go through most of them.

Well a reasonable price is 12300-12600 but as the supply is short, they do overcharge.

I think for a CDMA with all these features this is a good price. you have LG RD 6000 and Nokia 6225 priced at 10000. Compared to the two of them this phone is way ahead.