Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
swaroop

All About Nokia 6255

Morpheus:

If you're referring to the OS its a upgraded version of the S40.

ok cool.. so i can add apps and games..

so is it worth the buy?? some final comments plz

Guys i bought the phone here @ bangalore for 12620 and now looking for a DKU2 cable, can some one guide me where i can buy a cheap cable that will work just fine. Is it okay to buy a cheap one?

Besides if any one want to know any detail lemme know. The fone rox the only down side i see are

Its bit fat and has an antenna.

Will try to logon to net once i get the cable. Rest waiting for haxors to find out more features of this set.

many java apps n gamz are available for free and for charge on net. I got abt 70 gamz,

Mumbai local rate is Rs. 13000

and Webworld rate including tax is Rs. 13300

Hmm..

The rate in Delhi (Gren Park web World) is 12612

I didnt quite like the feel of the phone!

I mean it is bulky and not as slick as u wud want a high end fone to be!

Has anyone used the phone?

are all the applications including R world working?>

How many SMS characters are there?

How good is the camera?

Is the length of the movie/pics limited by the storage or is it fixed?

Anyone who has bought this phone kindly write a detailed review!

The rate in Delhi (Gren Park web World) is 12612

I didnt quite like the feel of the phone!

I mean it is bulky and not as slick as u wud want a high end fone to be!

I agree to it, i could take out my RD2030 from my denim with ease but this fone is a bit fatso and the antenna is also a pain.

Has anyone used the phone?

are all the applications including R world working?>

I didn't see any menus in RWorld where i could download new tones and stuff, but other RWorld features are working just fine.
How many SMS characters are there?

How good is the camera?

Is the length of the movie/pics limited by the storage or is it fixed?

Anyone who has bought this phone kindly write a detailed review!

sms length is 160 chars

Camera is okie tokie its 0.3 mega pixel nothing great.

i haven't played much with the movie/pics size will check back and update you guys.

Rest the phone has lots of good features and a worth buy for its price

did u see any video news chanels in rwrld like cnbc aajtak etc as its there in all lg models . nokia 3125 has rwold but does not have video options in rworld does 6255 has it in r wrld??

also i too did not like this phone due to the shape and size.

did u see any video news chanels in rwrld like cnbc aajtak etc as its there in all lg models . nokia 3125 has rwold but does not have video options in rworld does 6255 has it in r wrld??

also  i too did not like this phone due to the shape and size.

36140[/snapback]

nope plus i can't download any new ringtones from rworld as there is no such menu i can see

Hi all

Whenever a new handset is launched, there are some categories which are not fully functional in the R-World menu. I can say this coz when I bought my LG RD 5130, it didn't have mobile banking, greetings and many more features. I sent an email to the chairman regarding this. I got a call back from CC the same day and they said that it will take about a month or so for R-World to be fully functional on the 5130. So, I suggest you guys to have patience and wait for some time. I am sure R-World will be fully functional soon on 6255. Anyone who has bought it can bring this to the Chairman's notice by sending an email stating all the non-functional categories which are not there in 6255.

Bye n take care!

NetSavvy

What is the data transfer rate/Download speed of this phone?

Netsavvy:

Yeah you might be right. The 6255 does support some fancy video streaming formats. Probably to hi-fi for RIM!

Rakesh:

Speed should be 144kbps. I think thats standard for all CDMA 1x 2000 phones.

12.6k for this fat and heavy phone. Add a thousand or 2 and see the wide collection of gsm phones you could get. The camera in this phone is crap. 0.3mp for a 12.6k phone isnt justified, especially the 15sec video clips. Also remember that the screen size is not as big as the 7610, 6600, 3230 etc and not as small as the 6610 etc... I'm currently using dapo. The pluses i see by getting the 6255 is the dapo plan, my amazing no. , better wap speeds. However, if i can get a good deal on a gsm phone like a Razr or any good nokia, i might opt to get rid of my reliance connection.

12.6k for this fat and heavy phone. Add a thousand or 2 and see the wide collection of gsm phones you could get. The camera in this phone is crap. 0.3mp for a 12.6k phone isnt justified, especially the 15sec video clips. Also remember that the screen size is not as big as the 7610, 6600, 3230 etc and not as small as the 6610 etc... I'm currently using dapo. The pluses i see by getting the 6255 is the dapo plan, my amazing no. , better wap speeds. However, if i can get a good deal on a gsm phone like a Razr or any good nokia, i might opt to get rid of my reliance connection.

36154[/snapback]

Hey vb86

Do u mean that there is limit of 15 seconds in video recording?

I don't agree with you when u say that it is better to get a gsm at this price. I think 6230i would have been the best option but has a really small screen. 3230 is a series 60 phone but it does not support stereo output for mp3. Both these r around 15K in Delhi. 6600 and 7610 also don't have stereo output, neither do they have fm radio. The best GSM phone in my opinion which has stereo support with mp3 and fm radio is Sony Ericsson K750i, but it is around 19K. SE K700i is also a good option at just 11K but it doesn't have expandable memory.

If u want a very good camera along with all the features of 6255, I think you will have to wait for another 6 months or so and let 6265 arrive.

Bye n take care!

NetSavvy

36154[/snapback]

quite my sentiments buddy!

As we are reaching the end of DAPO period many of us will be at crossroads, I guess Reliance should come up with something good so that we stick to it!

If 6255 is the best they can come up with interms of handsets, i must say i will prefer going for a better handset for a few more bucks!

Anyways lets see what comes up!

netsavvy, incase you haven't been on foriegn forums, the mp3 player in this phone is pretty crap though i dont know whether the problem occours only when a high capacity mmc card is used. When one tries to fwd/rew a song for too long, the song skips. Apperently "telecom nz" had taken the phone off the shelfs for a few weeks since it used too shut off itself. Don't know how buggy the indian version would be. Also such a late launch throughout the world does bring some suspicion in my mind. Its not as if nokia weren't capable of launching this phone a year back in some part of the world. Why the constant delays?

netsavvy, incase you haven't been on foriegn forums, the mp3 player in this phone is pretty crap though i dont know whether the problem occours only when a high capacity mmc card is used. When one tries to fwd/rew a song for too long, the song skips. Apperently "telecom nz" had taken the phone off the shelfs for a few weeks since it used too shut off itself. Don't know how buggy the indian version would be. Also such a late launch throughout the world does bring some suspicion in my mind. Its not as if nokia weren't capable of launching this phone a year back in some part of the world. Why the constant delays?

36178[/snapback]

Hey vb86

I am not endorsing 6255. All I want to say is that in 12.5K, you can't expect everything to be perfect. I hope u know that Nokia has a tradition of not providing all the perfect things in a single device. I just wanted to say that there is some or the other problem in every Nokia phone.

Bye n take care!

NetSavvy

Edited by NetSavvy

Hi All,

I am a new member of this forum. Using RIM for last 2 years and happy with it. I am using the Samsung N191 set, which is serving me for last 2 years, very well. But recently it has started showing some probs and I have seen some 191s dead used by some friends. I am thinking of a new Handset. How is 6255? Is it already launched? My bill collecting guy says that it has launched and he will show me a sample soon. But Non of the dealer has it. Please post your comments

Cheers

the_rider

no one here is posting the afteruse review. what is the use of posting the gosips

review will help in buying . some ppl kepp on posting the specs. of no use.

Webmaster:

I don't think too many people have bought it :):lol:

And those who have are probably too ashamed to..... :lol::lol::lol:

guyz i'd some queries in my mind

1. does this phone have TFT screen?

2. is the fone working fine with high capacity mmc. coz i read in the manual that max of 64mb mmc is tested ok.

3. any news of better fones in the near future?

and finally

4. is it actually worth the buy?

The Phone does not Support R World.....

Also it does not support MMS.... you cannot download MMS though you can send it.... useless..

CC says it will take some time ...

I had got LG RD6600 sometime in Jan 2005 even that phone did not support R world its been 6 months.... still R world not working ... So all the Best to all you guys...

No Streaming Videos on this phone