Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
swaroop

All About Nokia 6255

Of course. Once it is deactivated, it's as good as unprovisioned handset, on which any GSK or HCC can be used to activate it with new or existing number.

that was confusing me too !.. thanx..

View all Featuers of Nokia 6255 here

http://www.nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,,56183,00.html

Available in Kolkata @ Rs12500 at WW... Phone is Kool...

Downside : Battery Life with BL56 Battery.106-176hrs Standy Time and 1.15hrs to 3.15hrs talk time

Integrated VGA camera (0.3MP)

Integrated VGA camera with flash, 2.5x or 5x digital zoom, night-mode and self-timer

Integrated video recorder

Take self-portraits using the Mini Display

Integrated FM radio and built-in MP3/ACC player

Integrated FM Radio

Built-in MP3/ACC Music Player

For a better listening experience just plug in the Nokia Stereo Headset HDS-3 to your Nokia 6255 CDMA that comes as a sales package item

Bluetooth wireless technology

High-speed wireless data connections with IxRTT packet data

Bluetooth wireless technology

Digital Rights Management (OMA forward lock) for content protection

Infrared

WAP 2.0 Browser

Nokia PC Suite for synchronizing your phonebook, calendar and to-do list with your PC

Enjoy more space (up to 32MB) for multimedia files with the Multimedia Memory Card (MMC)

Java™ Technology

Download business software and lifestyle management tools via Over-The-Air Java™

Preloaded Java™ applications like World Clock II and Size Converter

Enjoy exciting Java™ games with your friends like 3D Snowboarding, Chic Pinball, Puzzle and Beach Race

Video recording

Send, receive and share short images, video and audio messages via MMS

Predictive text input

Send and receive emails

Internal handsfree speaker

Share picture highlights of your trip by creating a MMS slide presentation

Audio & video streaming

Dual color display

Main display supports up to 65,536 colors within 128 x 160 pixels

Mini display supports up to 4,096 colors within 96 x 65 pixels

Go-to menu takes you quickly to your favorite functions

User configurable soft key

Be unique by setting your phone with a picture as a Wallpaper or a recording as a ringing tone

5-way scroll for easy navigation

16-chord polyphonic ringing tones (MIDI)

Personal Information Management (PIM)

Notes view for each day

Memo recording

Profile settings

Countdown timer

Stopwatch

Alarm clock

Calculator

Calendar

Reminder

To-do List

dude stop filling in unneccesary space - if you have used the phone then post the review. most of the ppl know the features even if they dont the link is enough pl edit your post and remove the copied set of features from the link.

Thanks.

Regards,

Mitul

Isnt the price supposed to be constant everywhere? And probably cheaper at the wholesellers.

Anybody has contact details of wholesellers in Pune?

i went to buy the 6255 but did not buy due to following

1.. too bulky

2..menu, select button is too small

3.. no CD no data cable. so those do not have bluetooth in laptop has problem

4.. no pc sync software available

5.. heavy in weight almost 130gms

6.. i could not see the rworld as it was blank handset

7.. blue color of body and buttons looks like painted

8.. extendable antena

9..cam is of only 0.3 m pix now other nokia gsm are having 1.3m pix in this price range

guys i am confused over my recently bought 3125 with this

can any one convince me over these points so that i can give up nokia 3125 and buy this.

what are the pack contents?

does it include data cable or spare battery?

what are the pack contents?

does it include data  cable or spare battery?

36012[/snapback]

The contents are as follows :

Handset

One battery

One travel charger

one nokia proprietary headset( I think it is called pop port)

Manual

One good thing about this handset is that even a normal headset can be used with it for listening to radio and making and recieving calls.

Hi Guys

I just got an email from the CC as a reply to my email that I sent to them regarding details of 6255. Following are the contents of their reply:

Dear Mr.Gupta,

Thank you for contacting Reliance Customer Care.

We regret the delay in reply.

In response to your query regarding price of NOKIA-6255 handset, please find the details as mentioned below.

NOKIA - 6255 Handset :

*·  Nokia 6255 would be available to customers at a MOP (market operating price) of Rs. 12,500 to 13,500.

*·  Nokia 6255 is an elegant blend of superior features and superb styling. It is a clamshell type phone with dual colour display and integrated VGA Camera. The handset supports audio/video streaming and has inbuilt video recorder, MP3/ACC player and integrated FM Radio. The handset supports memory card for additional memory and offers connectivity via Bluetooth & Infrared.

*·  The handset supports R-World and R- Connect

*·  Nokia 6255 would require a GSK for provisioning (both for Prepaid & Postpaid plans).

As the handset will not be pre-provisioned, no MDN number will be pre-allocated on the handset.

*·  To activate the services the customer will be required to follow the process for Postpaid /prepaid GSK.

*·  R Connect service would be available by default. On activation of the handset, the R Connect service would be set to default tariff plan.

The customers will have option of migrating to any of the other 2 tariff plan options (Freedom & Platinum).

The R Connect software for the handset is available on our website www.relianceinfo.com

*·  Nokia 6255 supports R- World applications.  The phone also supports Video download and playback on R World.

*·  The handset would be available under both Prepaid & Postpaid tariff plan options.

A customer can choose from any of the Postpaid tariff plan currently available.

For prepaid, customer will get the standard tariff plan as available for Prepaid.

*·  Nokia 6255 phone is available with the following in-box accessories: –

1. Handset

2. One Rechargeable Lithium Ion Batteries Li-ion 850 m Ah

3. Charger

4. Headset

5. Multimedia card (MMC) – 32MB storage space.

6. User Manual with Quick Guide & Warranty card

*·        Handset upgrade is possible with the handset change card. The handset change kit is readily available in the market.

*·        After Sales Service for this handset will be provided at all the authorized Nokia service centers in all available cities

*·        Handset is not insured by Reliance.

*·  Nokia 6255 (Non provisioned handset) is available with Postpaid & Prepaid GSK (Get Started Kit)

For Prepaid: Prepaid GSC (MRP of Rs. 220), which includes Rs.50 worth of talk time, will have to be used to activate the handset.

Further we thank you for your valuable feedback. We have forwarded your feedback to the respective department and assure you that they will consider implementing the same in the best interest of customers and the company.

We look forward to an opportunity to assist you again.

To get Prepaid account balance information, you may call *367. For further details, you can visit our web-site www.relianceinfo.com or, write to us at customercare@relianceinfo.com or send a fax at 022-3033 6565. You may also call Reliance Customer Care by dialling *369 or 3033 6969 from your Reliance IndiaMobile or by dialling 022-3033 6969 from any other phone.

Yours sincerely,

Customer Care

Reliance Infocomm

So I think the minimum price is still Rs.12,500. If any one gets it cheaper, please post your price.

Thank you

NetSavvy

Well guys ill tell u all those wanna buy this handset wait for fifteen days as the phone selling like hot cake, people even charging extra 500 bucks for it. well r-world got every feature in it, and mp3 and acc format ringtone is amazing. Phone supports DKU2 cable and thts easily availble in market for 150/-. radio and MP3 quality is stereo and equalizer is effective. easy to use, not tht fashionble looking but tightly filled with features and very easy to use, best part is even 1GB MMC works smooth, This phone will be avilble for 11k in month and a half according to me.

Hi Guys

I have started a new thread on reviews of Nokia 6255.

35971[/snapback]

Once we get a decent review, we'll split the posts. Till all the speculation is on, this is the thread to discuss

Even I am bit reluctunt because of its weight. I use the little LG Slim, with absolutely no fancy features. But I am so much used to its lite weight design (it's 65grams), I am afraid the 6255 (~125 grams) will be too heavy for my pocket. Of course, when I think about its camera and video shooting ability, mp3 playing, blue-tooth, I am inclined towards it. As Munnamobile said, if the price goes less than or equal to 11000, then I will buy it.

See, a 512 MB MP3 player costs around 5000-6000. Add the cost of Reliance LG 6130, as the alternate and affordable camera mobile. The price sums around 11000. Of course, adding a 512MB MMC to 6255 will set you back by 2500, but then the effective price will be 13500. Perfect price for a handset packed with such functions anyday.

Only thing, can some owner confirm how the video shooting performs? I have a handicam, but still, if we have that function in cell, why not use it?

i tooo am thinking about this phone but i got myself 7230 not even six months ago!

Hey Munna, how much will you charge for this phone in exchange for a GTRAN and 7230?

Yes Netsavvy, but no word on "official prices" as yet.

Wholesellers in Pune (who have stock) can post their contact details here!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Yes Netsavvy, but no word on "official prices" as yet.

Wholesellers in Pune (who have stock) can post their contact details here!!!!    :clap:   :clap:   :clap:

36058[/snapback]

The official price is between Rs. 12,500 to 12,999.

"Official Price" in a Web world in Pune (Kalyani Nagar) is Rs. 14,800!

Edited by anujit

its a pity that they dont have a "handset experience" for this phone on the rim website.

has any1 got this phone yet?? looks like the best phone reliance providing yet.. some comments on this plz before i buy it.. what does it use?? S40 or S60??