Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

WIFI connects even if the modem is offline (internet) check if your wifi modem is connected to the net.

Yup, there is internet. I using it right now on the PC through Wifi to post this.

CyanogenMod 9 Alpha 4 is now available to download. The 'Ringing of Death' has been removed and numeric battery % also included and other changes. Besides, new signed google apps are to be flashed. The zip file for google apps (63MB) is almost 3x bigger than previous one.

They have clearly mentioned not to restore backup as it will give "Force close" error.

Edited by csmart

Harshal put your phone on airplane mode for 1 minute and switch back.

If that don't work then remove the battery and reboot again.

Reliance coming out with 4G access. True? I got this info from a close friend who owns a webworld.

Edited by VinodNayak

^^^ 4G will be Mukesh Ambani group and not by Anil Ambani. There is a separate thread on the topic, check here...

CM9 alpha 4 is out. Just installed it. Seems that they fixed the ringing issue.

Screen brightness seems little low this time when in auto brightness mode.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Harshal put your phone on airplane mode for 1 minute and switch back.

If that don't work then remove the battery and reboot again.

^^^ it has kernel of its own. any particular reason for using different kernel. I think any MTD kernel should work. you can try it out. Many are using with Samauri kernel..

CM9 Alpha 5 now available. dont think much difference than 4.. i found as of now, CleanGB the best. its "no nonsense" stock like ROM without any crap like Amazon MP3, SPrint software etc...

please help

i am in deep trouble yesterday i was trying to update my epic to 2.3.6 ( from xda) thru odin but suddenly it shut down now it do not start what should i do ?

If your phone can start in download mode then Odin back to some stable official ROM like ec05

^^^ did you try booting into clockwork mod recovery or by pressing 1 and camera button? are you getting charging icon when you charge (just plug in the charger without trying to restart?

Remove battery and wait for about a minute or so and then try to boot in CWM or "odin mode"..

MIUI ICS ROM now available for Epic. those who are interested can look here. BTW USB storage not working on this..

video

Edited by csmart

i tried everything when i connect charger ,no indicator light

if it starts then i try na sir

If your phone can start in download mode then Odin back to some stable official ROM like ec05

it does not start

Edited by Honest
<< Posts Merged >>

To start your phone in download mode charge the battery properly (doesn't matter if your screen don't show charging indicator, charge it for few hours).

Press 1 + Power button to start in download mode(do not connect phone and remove sd card while doing this.)

i tried everything when i connect charger ,no indicator light

if it starts then i try na sir

it does not start

@lover_boy

You can try this, I have solved my problem with this gadget http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/27658-sprint-samsung-epic-4g-the-beast-is-here/page__view__findpost__p__255919

Sivashankkar

:previous:

ok sir i just purchased it from ebay now waiting to get it and see what happens ? thanks for helping me

To start your phone in download mode charge the battery properly (doesn't matter if your screen don't show charging indicator, charge it for few hours).

Press 1 + Power button to start in download mode(do not connect phone and remove sd card while doing this.)

i tried but in vain nothing happens

CM9 Beta 0 is out now. Have anybody tried it yet?

can u people sugges me for new rom epic sprint

Try cyanogen mod for ICS (low battery-no idea with beta), or Clean gb or Marcusant.

My Epic 4G was stolen at the Bombay Exhibition Centre last Friday :( :( :(

Can it be somehow tracked using the MEID??

can u people sugges me for new rom epic sprint

Try the CleanGB its a pretty stable ROM for epic. You can try to Use the Syndicate Frozen 1.2 Final also. both are pretty good in their own terms.

I have been messing around with my Epic 4g for the past couple of months. now i need to reset it using Odin to EC05 stock

using PDA and PIT files. Just have one question.... does this reset my radio settings ? will i loose EVDO settings?

do i have to reprogram my epic using the CDMA work shop ? basically i want install a custom ROM from scratch, thats the reason im doing this. please advice.