Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

Please see the attachment. I got data as in http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1473324.

Just create two files in /system/etc/ppp/ ( for creating these files, you have remount /system directory for write mode)

pap-secrets & chap-secrets with the content of

* * ' '

Then chmod to 0500 of these files & reboot

• Like 1

Please see the attachment. I got data as in http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1473324.

Just create two files in /system/etc/ppp/ ( for creating these files, you have remount /system directory for write mode)

pap-secrets & chap-secrets with the content of

* * ' '

Then chmod to 0500 of these files & reboot

Thanks a million man

Finally for my ICS moded CM9 up and running with 3g.. KUDOS to you !!!

Dear Gurus

From yesterday I am not able make out going calls, also incoming calls getting diconnected within a second or two due call drop.

Hetalji was kind enough to provide me the Akey. But the problem is my epic is not recognised by cdma ws or qpst. I have tried

different cables, different usb ports in both my desktop as well as laptop. But in vain. Can any body help me to solve the problem.

Sivashankkar

^ Have you put phone on diag mode ?

If not, follow these:

1. Dont connect your phone to PC.

2. Insall diag drivers from here

3. Dial ##8778# and in select UART=Modem, USB=Modem.

Now qpst will detect it.

Alternatively you can dial ##AKEY# on your phone keypad and it may ask to input the akey. I am not sure whether this will work or not. If it doesnt, try the above method.

Hope it helps.

Your computer is able to detect the phone in Download mode?

If NOT then Try with blackberry original cable. It's the best.

I was having similar problem. My phone was not detected even in download mode. Using blackberry original cable solved my problem.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

PS: Thanks to rohitgaur who provided me with a spare BB cable. :-)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Thanks Mani and DL for solving the problem.. Iam back on CyanogenMod 9 alpha 1 :) and happy.

Just flashed the file Epic4G_alt_carrier_data_fix.zip mentiontioned in the XDA

+1 to both of you :)

Edited by prafull4u

CM9 Alpha 2 now available. Anybody tried it?

Has Any body tried "CleanGB-MTD v1.1.2", if yes how is it. Waiting for feedback as I am planning to moveover to this rom. Thanks in advance.

Edited by venbab

Has Any body tried "CleanGB-MTD v1.1.2", if yes how is it. Waiting for feedback as I am planning to moveover to this rom. Thanks in advance.

Hi , I've tried it and used it for a day before moving back to CM9 alpha2(I'm a ****er for ICS experience, addicted to it !!). CleanGB is quite stable , infact the most stable MTD Touchwiz rom if you like the stock GB experience. You can definately use it as daily driver.

EPIC TIMEZZ

• Like 1

All who are using awesome CM9 as their daily driver , I recommend you to get on with latest alpha 2 - its far more stable, smooth and drains very less battery, particularly during deep sleep.

Also recommend trying out new browser in town - the awesome CHROME BETA. check out this video

FYI - its only compatible with stock ICS (android 4) or ICS based roms(like our CM9) for now. Its loaded with amazing features and integrates with ICS very well with only one downside - drains noticeable amount of battery.

- EPIC TIMEZZZ

I installed CM9 alpha 2 on my epic. Here is my micro review.

Pros:

1. Good ICS interface and fast
  2. battery life is good
  3. Nice digital clock
  4. Slider zoom for camera and inbuilt panaromic capabilities.
  5. Searches number from any filed of contact in dialer.
  6. Shows all the numbers of contact as separate entry in dialer.

Cons:

1. You cannot change the settings for dialing with '+' / North American dialing
  2. Caller number and number in your contact should be exactly same. any prefix like +91 or 0091 or anything else, consider as different. Major bug.
  3. No maps even in 'gapps'
  4. No file explorer, so cannot access SD card. Need to install explorer.
  5. No speed dial option.

I will be going back to Marcusant ROM v3 unless solution for above problem is found. Those who are using it can help me.

Edited by csmart

I have ACSrevovery Mod on my Epic i need to know if i can Flash The ASC Frozen Rom using ACSRecovery mod ?

:previous: i think you should be able to.

Im not able to locate a download link for Syndicate Frozen 1.2 final. can someone help me with the download link. i got a link

on filtram but for some reason it aint workin. i have all the files except the SRF-1.2-final.zip.

@vinod check this link. BTW its very old ROM.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=11763089

Any CM9 users, faced caller Id problem. pls reply. i also posted on XDA, no reply.

Edited by csmart

@vinod check this link. BTW its very old ROM.

http://forum.xda-dev....php?p=11763089

Any CM9 users, faced caller Id problem. pls reply. i also posted on XDA, no reply.

I just checked and confirmed the issues with caller ID and +91 prefix on cm9 . I had already converted my no's and deleted +91 prefixes earlier when using this on cm7, faced same issue there on alpha versions.

I think call setting functionality might be integrated in future releases in which we might have setting to change 'International Dialing' prefix. For now , there is no workaround to that I guess.

EPIC TIMEZZ

@dev thanx for de reply. yes, if I removed 0091 or other prefix, it works. I dont think it worth the efforts, changing all numbers... main reason, i've many contacts with pix and in order to do bulk change i have to export to excel and again import back in gmail. while doing this, i will lose all pix. there is no other way..

Edited by csmart

There are apps to do that also. Dont remember the name but it has been posted on our forum too. Try searching.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Thanks @Dev. Can someone suggest a better ROM for my EPIC?

@Guru +91 cant be edited for certain contacts since they are mentioned with the country code on a website life facebook. i have many contacts

on my cell sync with fb which has +91 on their profile. i just add a new contact with the same name but with +91 replaced with a 0. can alway join contatcs.

just mark the number starting with 0 as default.

If i reset my phone to stock using Odin, and reroot it with wipe data and wipre cache, will i loose the reliance settings ?

^^ we can suggest u which rom is good, its completely your preference , one cannot judge with out knowing your tastes and need

Csmart n vinodji, why don't you use number fixer from Android market? It allows you to bulk replace 91. I've also posted in some other post.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Thanks @Dev. Can someone suggest a better ROM for my EPIC?

@Guru +91 cant be edited for certain contacts since they are mentioned with the country code on a website life facebook. i have many contacts

on my cell sync with fb which has +91 on their profile. i just add a new contact with the same name but with +91 replaced with a 0. can alway join contatcs.

just mark the number starting with 0 as default.

If i reset my phone to stock using Odin, and reroot it with wipe data and wipre cache, will i loose the reliance settings ?

If you want a stable rom for mtd partition based on EL30 , i think CleanGB would be your best bet. Other option may be SleeperRom for MTD.

Also , refrencing to your second q's , no you will not reset/loose any reliance(radio) setting by Odin back and rerooting + wiping data/cache as far as you don't use CM (cyanogenmod) based roms i.e. CM7, CM9 and MIUI

Number fixer seems to be good options. as days passes, i am finding more short comings of CM9. like there is no option for fixed IP or proxy setting on wi-fi network. On my office wifi, have to use either of them.