Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

No idont think so it will affect any settings. when Odin it, it just removes OS and do not affect your EVDO settings.

No idont think so it will affect any settings. when Odin it, it just removes OS and do not affect your EVDO settings.

Thanks csmart.

csmart what about modem. if i flash a modem EC05 to EI22 does it change the handset evdo settings ?

basically i want to install the ACS ICS ROM to a stock EPIC.

csmart what about modem. if i flash a modem EC05 to EI22 does it change the handset evdo settings ?

No sir, it will not change evdo settings

sivashankkar

No sir, it will not change evdo settings

sivashankkar

Thank you sir .

ACS Ics Rom installed perfectly. Swype is not working even though its enabled, youtube also not working, anyone has any clue regarding these 2 problems ? :)

@vinod try reinstalling both the apps

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

csmart sir I tried eveything, reinstall. Tried to install a backed up youtube app which was working on srf v1.2 final, still no luck.

Swype I downloaded the swypedelete.zip from acs forum by qbking which removes swype completely from system & then install swype beta from beta.swype.com. installed but the process gets forclosed every 3 secs. Now I don't have the default swype in my system. I gotta rollback to yesterdays nandroid and the backup the default swype using rootexplorer and try again.

Been searching for the fix for couple of days...

^^^

It will be better if you rollback , and then try again for update.

Hitesh sir,

I have rolled back to the default swype now. thing is i cant install beta swype unless i remove the default swype. there is not uninstall for that.

i only way i can upgrade is to use rootexplorer or swypedelete.zip provided by qbking on ACS. is there any other way i can install or update swype ?

i can try to roll back to a ROM with working swype, use rootexplorer to copy a working default install, then roll back to the current rom and replace

the non-working one with the working swype. what say ? will give it a shot and get back. no luck with youtube even after update from market. going

to try the same thing for this app as well :)

I completely removed youtube.apk from system and reinstalled from market, im getting fc every 3 secs.. i feel its the ROM that is giving problem. its super fine with with the rest of the ROMS. :( ACS ICS v5.5 really good rom except for youtube and swype rest all fine !

thats good ROM. i had used, but don't remember whether there was any prbolem and also i've tried Marcusant V3. V3 has problem with swype.

For keyboard, would suggest to try ICS keyboard, freely available on market/google play and compatible with any GB ROM. its really good. currently using it on CM9 beta 0.

CM roms are good, you can also use roms suggested by chirag,

also before installing any rom, make sure you are following all the steps mention on the rom post.

Yeah CM9 Beta 0 is good except the battery life. Gives you taste of Android 4.0.

I'm travelling these days therefore I'm currently on Marcusant V3. Gives better battery life.

Didn't faced any problem with Swype beta.

There is a bug with alarm notification tho.

Will switch to CM9 b0 or Nexus 4G deodexed once I reach back to delhi.

Edited by abhi.r

Many on XDA said that CM9 battery is related to hardware. but i doubt. accodring to them, Epic 4G hardware is not "properly suitable" for ICS and thats the reason battery life is weak. apart from that, its good.

^^^^^

CM9-beta0 on EPIC rocks... No issues so far in my case, but there is NO number in my epic and I am using it as mini-wifi-tablet as well as guinea_pig/lab-rat..

CM9 Beta 0:

Anyone figured the way to display names in call logs instead of numbers?

@abhi you need to check how numbers are stored. you have to store with prefix 0. Eg, mobile number should be 09820098200 and land line no. 02269999999. Do not put and - or space...

I had the same problem (showed only numbers in call log and SMS) as I had stored all my numbers with 0091 prefix. you have no choice but to store in the format I mentioned. After changing the numbers int he format I said, it will show up.

All my numbers are saved in the format you mentioned..

011XXXXXXXX (In contact app it is displayed as : 011 xxxx xxxx, when I Edit it shows as 011xxxxxxxx (no spaces))

099xxxxxxxx (In contact app it is displayed as: 099 xx xxxxxx, when I edit it is shown as 099xxxxxxxx (no spaces))

In case of Landline number it is fine, but for most of the mobile numbers in call logs shows only numbers. (but some(very very few) contacts are shown properly)

@a hi check numbers in contacts and log. Space is culprit.

@

Yeah you are right. Spaces are culprit. But whenever I try to remove the spaces while editing contacts or type the whole number again.. system adds spaces automatically. Even if I don't want to

Another question..

Did anyone managed to play .avi format video files?

CM9 Beta 1 is out.

Gonna try it today.

no, its not playing. in fact i rarely see movies on it and so never checked. well you can try with 3rd party player..

Don't play some format even on MX player or Act1

Marchant on xda said it's an AOSP issue and have nothing to do with CM9. Dunno whatever it means.