Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Alok

All about LG 6130 - Camera Phone

thanks a lot will try that, and one ore thing, what is the e mail id? should i use 9193xxxxxxxx@rmms.ricmail.com or 93xxxxxxxx@mms.ricmail.com

28987[/snapback]

Whatever the email id that is displayed when u Email ur frnd via MMS!

The best way to send MMS to 6130 is to use the Email id of the phone. Ask ur frenz to send u MMS by typing the Email id. Then u might recieve it in ur MMS Inbox!

doesnt work! The message is received but it ican not be viewed.

that means this phone too has a problem though this time it is partial, you can send but you can not receive the MMS. A one way MMS device!

talking about reception, can anyone tell me which of the lg phones have the maximum reception (dont mix nokia please) :unsure:

Can Hindi SMS sent by this phone be recieved well in other Hindi supporting GSM phones like Nokia 1100 or 3200? can samsung slim mobile display the Hindi SMS sent by this mobile?

Hi

I got my new LG 6130. Its cool !

I have couple of queries :

1. In profiles > Ring Tone > My Media Ringtone

What is it ? Where can I download it ?

2. In the earlier LG model , when we press the # Key, it goes to LOCK MODE which we really useful. But that feature is MISSING. Is there anyother shortcut for LOCK MODE ?

3. Does anyone found COVER for the handset ?

Rgs

Teeyes

keypad lock mode u mean ?

its 0 you have to press it for 3-4 seconds

1.In profiles > Ring Tone > My Media Ringtone

These tones are the ones u download using MMS Feature by sending a tone to ur own mobile phone. Check up the other threads on 6130 and u'll know more.

2. In the earlier LG model , when we press the # Key, it goes to LOCK MODE which we really useful. But that feature is MISSING. Is there anyother shortcut for LOCK MODE ?

Check up SETTINGS > SECURITY > LOCK MODE

If u r a frequent LOCK MODE user like me, u can put this LOCK MODE in the Shortcut Menu called MY MENU. Read up the manual to put shortcuts of frequently used features in the MY MENU!

3. Does anyone found COVER for the handset ?

This handset is similar to quite a few SONY Erricsson handsets and hence those covers are quite handy for it!

but chirag it does not run MMS so how do we do that media ringtone thing?

also does bitpim help in anyway?

I dont know how u r using the MMS feature. For uploading ringtones, goto ur email service, Click on COMPOSE NEW MAIL, enter in the TO field as 9193xxxxxxxxxx@mms.ricmail.com(ur mobile no.) and attach a ringtone or wallpaper less than 100 kb, and send the mail... There it lands up in ur MMS Inbox of the Camera Menu! Hope this helps!

Once its in the MMS Inbox and u can view and hear it, Click on Options, Save the SOUND, it'll be in ur MY MEDIA folder of Camera Menu, From the MY MEDIA folder, select the tone, and SET AS RINGTONE/WALLPAPER!

U will now see the tone in the List of Ringtones in the Profiles Menu!

Yeah I know that. I recieve the MMS, but the MMS that i get does not open. The message is R world not ready. Is this network related or on off case?

My RConnect connection is very very slow for 6130. I can't even load any page within 5 min. Before this model I was having Samsung N191 and its performance was ver good. I am using serial data cable for 6130. Please guide how I can boost my internet speed? :P

Yeah I know that. I recieve the MMS, but the My RConnect connection is very very slow for 6130. I can't even load any page within 5 min. Before this model I was having Samsung N191 and its performance was ver good. I am using serial data cable for 6130. Please guide how I can boost my internet speed? confused.gif

29094[/snapback]

Hey Amit,

I have been using Rconnect with my 6130 with a serial cable for more than two months now. I am not facing any such problem, in fact I found it faster than my earlier 7130 handset.....

Basant

Edited by basant_jp

hi guyz i was just wondering does anyone know now that r world has gone paid will the mms that w can send thru the 6130 be also charged and if so how much.....?

cheers

neo

i agree 6130 is a great handset.

but i couldnt download messages sent to my phone, every time i'm geting the reply, "message not found on MMSC", WHAT COLD BE THE PROBLEM? i've checked the formating of the pics and tones( bmp and midi) but yet the same thing happens.. pls help :D

which data cable is better for 6130?

serial or USB and what all acn be done using the data cable with this phone?

sorry i got busy... yes chirag i got my 6130 piece s/w upgraded three days back. is the sms groups feature new? i don remember seein it b4. mms is workin fine both ways. infact due to the 30 pics limit i usually send most of them to my email id immediately and get them immediately too(in the inbox of my mail). voice ringtones?? hey pls throw more light on it guys..

one more query somebody already asked it before...is the USB better or the serial cable for hooking up the cell to my pc.

both r available in shopping.rimweb so which one shud i go for. my pc supports both. i v some pics taken by my cell. where can i post them (to show the camera prowess of 6130!)

Group SMS feature is new!

Check on the MMS... it might be just chargeable from April 01.

U can zip all the pics and attach it to ur post!

guys i seem to have a new problem.. i used to receive emails on the phone and was able to send email from the phone earlier.. but since some days.... i am not able to receive any emails on the phone.. tho i can still send them from the phone .. any help will be highly appreciated!!

Hay Guys,

I'm able to send MMS from my 6130 to my Email ID but if I try to reply wid an Image/MIDI attachment, I'm not able to receive MMS on my 6130. For 6130 synchronisation wid PC I'm usin Sync Manager & Link Starter. Wid da help of dis software only Image transfer from 6130 to PC is possible but I'm lookin for PC to 6130 Image+Ringtone transfer. If any of u can help me out, I'll be really thankful.

i think bitpim should work

Hello,

This is Mohan. I too find the LG RD 6130 very fascinating and very good for keeps.

I bought this handset on March 23rd. I could receive ringtones and bitmap images as an attachment sent from my rediffmail id. BUT, since the 1st week April 2005, I find that this service has been disabled. On taking up with the Chairmans office, I did not get a satisfactory reply; something vague like this service is not enabled. They do not come clear and admit that THIS SERVICE HAS BEEN DISABLED.

Can anyone mail me an update on this, if any to my mail id mohan_ramnath@vsnl.net ?

Thanks / Mohan

i think bitpim should work

30032[/snapback]

I hv already tried BitPim 0.7.30, it can detect ur 6130 but not able to communicate properly.

Hi,

I've installed the PC Synch software from lgmobiles.com and able to only transfer snaps from 6130 to PC and not the phone data.

With DesktopLite software i'm getting message "The Phone is Locked. Please Unlock the Phone" and the cell is getting restarted.

What should i do for this problem. Advice me.