Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Alok

All about LG 6130 - Camera Phone

Hey guys,

Has anyone noticed that the blue backlight beneath the 4-way navigation keys blink intermittently, with about 15-30 sec intervals.

Has it anything to do with network (signal) availability?

Can anybody throw some more light on this?

31940[/snapback]

Yeah I noticed that in my mobile too, but the intervals vary, and i think it has something to do with the signal, cos it dosent blink when i'm out of sevice area.

Hey guys,

Has anyone noticed that the blue backlight beneath the 4-way navigation keys blink intermittently, with about 15-30 sec intervals.

Has it anything to do with network (signal) availability?

Can anybody throw some more light on this?

31940[/snapback]

Yeah I noticed that in my mobile too, but the intervals vary, and i think it has something to do with the signal, cos it dosent blink when i'm out of sevice area.

32856[/snapback]

:)

Yes it is for the same

has anybody been able to send photos or midis from an email account to 6130? I can send photos from my phone to my mail account but cannot send a mail back to the same mail address (91xxx@mms.ricmail.com).

I also tried using 1st smtp server s/w and also tried sending mails from my yahoo, hotmail, and gmail accounts but in vain. I even tried sending mails to 91xxx@rmms.ricmail.com posted on this forum but it returned back with a mail undeliverable message.

anybody else facing this issue?  :D

31523[/snapback]

me too having the same problem. any body knows a fix for this ?

Cheers

has anybody been able to send photos or midis from an email account to 6130? I can send photos from my phone to my mail account but cannot send a mail back to the same mail address (91xxx@mms.ricmail.com).

I also tried using 1st smtp server s/w and also tried sending mails from my yahoo, hotmail, and gmail accounts but in vain. I even tried sending mails to 91xxx@rmms.ricmail.com posted on this forum but it returned back with a mail undeliverable message.

anybody else facing this issue?  :D

31523[/snapback]

me too having the same problem. any body knows a fix for this ?

Cheers

32981[/snapback]

There is no 'fix' for this, other than to read this topic once more... carefully ~

Maybe Madhu can answer ur query. She's been successful enuf to upload .wav and .qcp tones!

32733[/snapback]

I have uploaded about 100k big qcps right now, using Vertigo as the ringtone right now. But now the biger problem is draggin down these files through MMS. I'm having trouble downloading MMS' biger thank 130k.

Maybe Madhu can answer ur query. She's been successful enuf to upload .wav and .qcp tones!

32733[/snapback]

I have uploaded about 100k big qcps right now, using Vertigo as the ringtone right now. But now the biger problem is draggin down these files through MMS. I'm having trouble downloading MMS' biger thank 130k.

33372[/snapback]

pardon my ignorance but please tell me where all we can use .qcp files and what al can be done with them(ringtones, wallpapers etc.)

tanveer!

Pls read all posts in this thread, U'll get ur answer.

Following post of madhumnair hv the answer to ur question:

http://www.rimweb.com/forums/index.php?sho...indpost&p=31107

http://www.rimweb.com/forums/index.php?sho...indpost&p=31112

Dear all I have tried sending .WAV files & also .QCP files as ring tone from Reliance MMS portal.. & it works very well... Even songs with voice can be heard are ring tone in LG6130... thats cooool...

& to my surprise i was able to send a file of 340KB size........ I was also able to save that on my Phone as ring tone

QCp is qualcomm CDMA Pure voice format u can download the player from this

link http://www.cdmatech.com/solutions/products...ce_download.jsp

the size of the file is less than wav

Where can i get qcp file...

if it supports voice and is less than wav file i wud love to hav qcp files...

Can anybody gimme a site...

Thanks

Vijay

Hi friends,

I have joined the club too lately... I have succesfully tried following

<1>Use LG link n LG sync for phone book scheduler n photographs

<2>Use LG link for 2030 to transfering phone book

Help required for following

<1>How to upload photographs to 6130 using software or MMS my mms not reaching on 934*********@mms.ricmail.com

<2>How to load ringtones same way...

<3>want to check advantages of upgrading software... for 6130

Hi friends,

I have joined the club too lately... I have succesfully tried following

<1>Use LG link n LG sync for phone book scheduler n photographs

<2>Use LG link for 2030 to transfering phone book

Help required for following

<1>How to upload photographs to 6130 using software or MMS my mms not reaching on 934*********@mms.ricmail.com

<2>How to load ringtones same way...

<3>want to check advantages of upgrading software... for 6130

33963[/snapback]

That's the million $ question.

I have also succeeded in transferring address book & photos from phone to PC.

But uploading to phone is disabled in LG Link s/w. I think this feature has been locked by LG in our H/S.

It can also not be done using bitpim as the user folders are invisible (hidden).

Edited by amtrag

Hey had I got a million dollar I would had certainly gone for buying reliance indrustries only... I can;t pay that milion dollar still free suggestions are welcome... :angry:

and is any sofware upgrade helping in this...

Edited by imvikky

Hey had I got a million dollar I would had certainly gone for buying reliance indrustries only... I can;t pay that milion dollar still free suggestions are welcome...  :D

and is any sofware upgrade helping in this...

34043[/snapback]

Guys I bought new Lg 6130, i mail some ringtones useing outlook express but every time it says r world not ready. Guys please help me out.

Hi...everybody :D u all can get a lotta .qcp files here http://www.portablez.com/3g/collection.php...filter=2&size=0 ...i downloaded sum to my 6130...and was able to play them...but hey the songs sound horrible...the talking ringtones fare much better though.... use qcf for voice tones ...thats what i suggest...or make sum gd quality song tones by using qualcomm voice converter.....moreover for the wallpaper part.... i noticed by using irfanview...... i could get most of the files from deviant art down to less than 100 kb ...jus abt 90-95 kb and believe me they really look gd on the phone....just resized the image down to 640*480 and played with the "save as" ka jpeg quality control until i got a size just lesser than 100 kb. :D

I dunno whether anybody has posted this before ..... admins if i am repeating plz remove the post.... :D

NOTE:640*480 covers the whole of the phones screen perfectly.

Guys I bought new Lg 6130, i mail some ringtones useing outlook express but every time it says r world not ready. Guys please help me out.

34560[/snapback]

well, just try after some time !

Hi, I have a new member to this firum. I am using a LG RD 2030 presently. But I am planning to upgrade to a colour handset preferably from LG. Friends, I need your help for making a right selection. My requirements are in the following order:

good voice quality, good signal reception, quality ringtone choice,SMS, R world, good battery life(at least 2 dyas standby with daily 1 hour usuage), big phone book with 200+ entries,FM,MMS,Camera and so on. My budget is 6-7k. What are the options available with me? I will be obliged if any of you guide me in this case. My preliminary enquiry revealed that the cost of a ner RD 6130 is Rs 6000.00. Is it ok? What are the approx cost of 6000,7130,7230? Is there any other model in this range? Bye,

Purnendu Bagchi

Other than the FM feature, everything else is avaliable in LG RD 6130 which costs around Rs.6399 now. LG RD 6000 will cost you Rs.9500+ 7230 is out of stock and 7130 just s**ks !

Does ne1 knows that 6130 can be used as a TORCH yeah that feature which is available in Samsung x600[GSM].....

yeah its possible my dear friends :clap:

all u hav to do is just......

Press © for a longtime10-15sex(secs) and just VU it @ back......

Akshat desijallad Jain :(

Almost everyone here does kno that thanks anyways... please go thru the thread before shouting EUREKA :grin:

sorry i tht that only i knew it neways its good that i hadnt made ne discovery!

DesiJallad

Hey guys,

I didnt knew that such a forum for RIM users existed.....hi to everyone out there.

Guys i need your advice.Presently i have RD2030 and i want to upgrade to a new camera phone.From what i read on this forum RD6130 and RD6000 appear to be the best best. But i also read that full R world apps are not available on these handsents.

Also can u tell me anyone of these models have a video recording facility?

Please suggest me the handset i should upgrade to...looking for a reply from all u boarders there.....

AsHisHrUlZ

welcome to the gang...

No handycam/video cameras in reliance till now just simple camera phones...

LG6130 is good for less price... around 6000 at dealers...

welcome to the gang...

No handycam/video cameras in reliance till now just simple camera phones...

LG6130 is good for less price... around 6000 at dealers...

35196[/snapback]

L& 7230 has video recording but it is only 10-12 sec good quality clips and that too without sound!

Hi Basant,

I tried to email midi tones to my handset as you described, but failed to receive it.

Any suggestions?

-Gladson

Dear friends,

As I said earlier, I will come up with my experiences with LG RD 6130.  Here I am..

I found this handset very much user friendly and feature rich.

Apart form being a phone with callsy looks, great voice clarity and good connectivity, it has some brilliant features. just have a look at the features -

1. It has brilliant 65000 Colour backlight LCD with 6 line text display. Good Enough and far better than Nokia or Ericsson GSM sets.

2. 16 polyphonic sound - Much better than LG RD 7130 or 7230

3. 0.3 MP Digital Camera with in-built flash - with image resolutions upto 640 X 480 pixels. Also have upto 4x zoom facility at lower resolution. The camera is really cool and is one of the best camera (in a phone) available in the market. The lowest resolution in this handset is what most of the  mobiles including Nokia offer in their so called 'the best' camera phones.

4. As many as 25 images can be saved in the 'Gallery' irrespective of the resolution. Further Upto 5 images can also be saved in 'My Media > Images' menu and 5 other in 'wallpaper > My Media Images 1-5'. Also have the black/white mode and 15 interesting fun frames.

5. It comes with the 'Click and Send' feature. Take picture and instantly send it to any RIM or any email address. Can be sent to upto 10 recipients at one go. The message can be of upto 1000 characters in MMS. Just imagine, sending all important emails right thru your cell, anytime and anywhere. Above all, MMS feature is currently free!!!

6. Midi files and jpg images can be sent as attatchment to this phone thru emails (your phone MMS id would be - '9193xxxxxxxx@mms.ricmail.com') and the content can be saved as ringtones or wallpapers.

There is a website - www.muskurahat.com, from where all latest hindi midi ringtones can be downloaded over internet and can be mailed to this phone thru any email. This is yet another wonderful feature of this phone, or I should say Reliance.

The total size of MMS can be 100K which is good enough to have a complete 5 minute midi song, a high resolution image and text of upto 1000 characters!

7. It has got speakerphone as well. Since, the speaker is different from the traditional earpiece speaker, it is very loud and has fine audio output while using Rworld multimedia applications even.

8. The battery is really different and long lasting than other Reliance models -  I myself noticed as much as 4 days' stand-by time.

9. 34 in-built ringtones, 3 downloadable from rworld and 5+5+5 from MMS (5 tones can be kept in ringtones menu, 5 can be 'My Media - Sound' menu and 5 can be there in 'MMS inbox'. Downloaded ringtones ring very well and loud unlike 7130 and 7230. Ringtones downloaded from Rworld also ring very loud.

10. It's in-built flash light can also be used as mini torch. Just keep pressed the 'CLR' button for a while and it's on. To put it off, press 'End' key. This is not given in the manual I suppose.

11. 300 number phone book with 4 numbers, 1 email, 1 memo alongwith Photo Caller ID.

12. Apart from the regular features, SMS has features like Deferred Delivery and SMS to multi recipients. Can alos send messages in Hindi.

13. It has USB connectivity for data cable and has improved data transfer rate - upto 153.6 Kbps

Other LG models like 7130 and 7230 had many software bugs which i founf fixed in this set. Over all, I would say for 7000 rupees (though you will find people selling it for even 5700 rupees also in prepaid), it is very very good buy and value for money. Since, I have been using LG 7130 set for the past one and a half year, I can feel the difference in the software and this one has highly improved software.

One of my frined has purchased LG 6000 and I used that set too. That one is also good but this one is far better than 6000. I bet..

I will not say, I does not have nay bugs. In fact, every phone will have. But, overall I will rate 9 out of 10 points.

Hope, this would help.......

23695[/snapback]

Dd.gladson

MMS thru email was working very well earlier...it does at times even now using smtp server but not always.......reliance guys keep a tab on rimweb for sure :'(

Anyway, best way to send midi as mms to rim is using reliance official MMS portal. Here is the link http://bill.relianceinfo.com/webapp/portal/servlet/MMSLogin

To use this, you need to register your number for RIM bill first at http://bill.relianceinfo.com/webapp/portal...et/RegisterUser

If you have already registered, same user id/password can be used to access RIM MMS portal.

Cheers!

Basant

Edited by basant_jp

LG 6130 is the best.

Alok

23188[/snapback]

Well, if LG is so good, why would I have 6 LG color cam phone failures in one year.