Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Alok

All about LG 6130 - Camera Phone

I would like to add two more to the wish list.

1. The click button of the camera in 6130 would have been better placed in a more central position; like for eg., the CLR button position. Now it is inconveniently placed along the right border.

2. A wrist loop is badly needed; otherwise it is slipping and falling because it's body is so smooth. At least a place (hole) should have been provided to thread the loop in even if it is not supplied.

Finally its worth the wait! Upgrading from 2030 to anything else is as a big game! 2030 was an absolute delight to use! It was damn vulnerable to everything. Now i finally upgraded to a 6130, and its an equally bigger n better delight!

Though it has its own loop-holes, its a much better version amongst RIM offerings! after alot of R&D and weighing the pros-cons, this stands high above CDMA n GSM handsets in the 6k range!

Are you sure that the sender's number is in the right format ? Most GSM numbers add 0091 to the number when received. I don't think such a problem exists in the handset.

27347[/snapback]

You're partially true. actually the problem was in my phonebook. Though the numbers were in correct format, I did not have the default number defined in most of the numbers. This happened as i downloaded the phonebook from 7130 to this handset using data cable. Now i have defined the default numbers and it is working fine. Thanks!

And Chirag, you have said it right. 6130 is a real good handset for 6-7 K. I bought it for 5700 though.

Well the problem faced in 2030, is resolved for 6130 as far as the Caller ID is concerned. We dont need to store the nos in international format (0091....) anymore.

Congratulations on buying the LG RD 6130, Chirag... waiting for your review soon ! :P

I bought a 6130 on friday ...

i am facing problem sending sms ... its sometimes gives me a message sending failed and once it starts giving me that i know i won't be able to send sms for 10 mins with unlimited number of retries ...

Is anyone else facing the same problem ? Software version is 9

I guess ppl here have given enuf reviews abt this phone. Its jus worth the bucks!

Lately found that on powering ON (switching on) the handset, SMS cant be sent. Simple solution is to make a call(missed call) and then msg some1. I checked up with the ASC, and they affirmed the issue saying that unless a call is made, most handsets are not able to establish contact with the BTS(Tower). I dont remember facing this problem with 2030!

Also in my recent trip to Jaipur, i had very grave issues with the phone giving errors after sending an SMS and then hanging up and rebooting. The error that was displayed was

defheap.... heapdef c.123 or c.87

For this the ASC suggested, i observe the phone after the upgradation(ver 15) and report to them (on 9323190404) if the problem persists. Acc to them, they've still not recieved complaints for this error on 6130 (they have recd it for other models and for which the PCB needs to be replaced!)

Quite an interesting handset though!! :)

Wanted to know from any1, for sending sms to multiple nos. via Send to Group,... is there an easier way to insert nos. from the Group.(u got to scroll down to insert every no. - should have been a search feature in that as well )

From last 4 days I am not receiving MMS which I send through my Email. Why? How I can solve it? :)

26636[/snapback]

Y doesn't anyone answer this QUESTION????

Even i ve started facing this prblem since roughly around the same time as amit....

is ne1 listenin??????????????????????????????

Y doesn't anyone answer this QUESTION????Even i ve started facing this prblem since roughly around the same time as amit....

27995[/snapback]

I haven't had tht problem ever wid my handset, rookie. Can u tell me which s/w version is loaded on ur handset. Try n go for a s/w update to ur nearest ASC.
Also in my recent trip to Jaipur, i had very grave issues with the phone giving errors after sending an SMS and then hanging up and rebooting. The error that was displayed was

defheap.... heapdef c.123 or c.87

Okies, the error still persists and i've noted down the complete error. It reads:

defheap_free:free eWDefHeap. c123

with this, the handset hangs, restarts on its own.

If any of u face the same thing, kindly report at the ASC.

Alrite, now apart from all this would like to tell u what this S/w Upgrade has done! Something that wud make Dhirubhai scratch his head for sure! :P

Version 15 has added one feature to the handset! Earlier as i had mentioned, we could only SMS to the Groups by scrolling 1 by 1 down and selecting the name.

This hasn't been touched, but a new SMS Groups has been added to the Messages Menu which has actually made it possible to SMS to the entire Group(10 Members) at 1 go(with 1 press of a key)!! U can make 5 such groups(with 10 each)!

Certainly 50 is less, but then ek DAPO customer ke liye yeh bahot hai!

Let me know after u guys upgrade the s/w!

hi chirag couple of queries on the lg 6130.

hows the battery life- i mean talktime.

could u post a pic taken with the phone since some reviews say the cam s**ks and others say its awesome. if u can make it pics taken in daylight and at night with or without flash is upto u just mention if it is with/without flash.

from ur earlier post u have indicated it has group sms rite?

last thing can the display be seen in daylight or it sux like the gtran...

thanx in advance.

cheers

neo

one last thing i am from shivaji park and i think u r 2 from somewhere close by, so cud u tell me from where is the cheapest place to get the cell.

Nobody has yet mentioned that inbuilt as well as downloaded ringtones could be attached and sent as MMS.

Yes I tried it on my friend's 6130 by sending a ringtone to my 2030 and even successfuly saved it on to my 2030.

It's a great feature that was presumably missing on other handsets including 7230.

hows the battery life- i mean talktime.

could u post a pic taken with the phone since some reviews say the cam s**ks and others say its awesome. if u can make it pics taken in daylight and at night with or without flash is upto u just mention if it is with/without flash.

from ur earlier post u have indicated it has group sms rite?

last thing can the display be seen in daylight or it sux like the gtran...

one last thing i am from shivaji park and i think u r 2 from somewhere close by, so cud u tell me from where is the cheapest place to get the cell.

28053[/snapback]

If u have ever used any other RIM before, then u'd be thankful for this new Battery! Its quite better. U can be sure of this coz am on DAPO and i use SMS like hell. And yeh, Group SMS is definitely on this now with Ver15 so Mukeshbhai better hold his breath before he sees my SMS Usage this month :blink:

I agree with both, Cam is good as well as bad. Coz it simply depends on the way it is used. Getting the right combination of different resolutions,flash and zoom and stillness of the hand is completely in the hands of the user. Isn't it the same with an SLR Cam? So u cant really blame LG for the cam. Maybe we need to get better at clicking snaps over a cell phone!! I've got both good pics and bad pics on the phone! Good quality of light is essential for the Cam for sure!

Display is visible in daylight.

PM me ur Cell no. and i'll get back to u, for where to purchase it from! I got it from a dealer in Kurla at a decent price with the help of "Munnamobile".

Dear All,

I am using LG RD 6130 for the last 10 days.

It is really amazing set. However I have found the following problem. I hope some one of you will help me in this.

Why the images taken with the Camera of LG RD6130 got blurred. It never comes clear regardless of resolution, flash.

Also, is there any way to install another screensaver on my handset.

Nobody has yet mentioned that inbuilt as well as downloaded ringtones could be attached and sent as MMS.

28063[/snapback]

Waah! Had never tried this out! It simply asks to attach any tone, thats real cool! thnx amtrag!

Okies, the error still persists and i've noted down the complete error. It reads:

defheap_free:free eWDefHeap. c123

with this, the handset hangs, restarts on its own.

If any of u face the same thing, kindly report at the ASC.

On reporting the problem at the ASC even after the upgradation, they changed the PCB for my phone free of cost! No one else faced this problem?

Any1 got s/w upgradations done?

Hi Rahul, Ashok and others using this phone,

I am planning to change over from....

RD2030 to 6130... Anyone any idea about signal reception quality, battery life of this set... I stay at a place where the signal coverage is quite poor and I dont want to make a mistake by changing over to a phone with less reception quality....

As such there is no antennae on the phone... :rolleyes:

Yes I tried it on my friend's 6130 by sending a ringtone to my 2030 and even successfuly saved it on to my 2030.

28063[/snapback]

None of the ringtones were actually saved on 2030 though there did sound while opening the MMS. can u check it up now?

28063[/snapback]

None of the ringtones were actually saved on 2030 though there did sound while opening the MMS. can u check it up now?

28779[/snapback]

Sorry I can't check it now as I too have upgraded to 6130.

But a possible reason might be that the ringtone sent from 6130 was >4Kb size although it did play on your 2030, it could not be saved. ...and yes, 6130 supports midis of much bigger size for setting as ringtone. I myself have saved a midi appx 25Kb as RT.

Coming to the point, Chirag try once again with a midi that you are sure is less than 4Kb.

And one more thing...I've come to know that 6130 supports Voice ringtones, could anyone check and confirm...or better still post a few vioce ringtones here.

Edited by amtrag

Hey chirag I remember posting a msg about the reception in 6130 vis a vis 2030 I have a 2030 and I stay at a place where coverage is very poor... Someone whoowns this set has said this set has got comparatively poor coverage due to internal antennae.... Any comments.... :)

Comments are welcome anyone else can Also reply I don't want to regret spending 6000 bucks and then spend my life fightin wid Reliance over the coverage issue... -_-

Thanks Rahul I just saw ur msg b4 posting this one anyone else any comments....

Quite a good reception and a good battery(i must add).

Hi all,

I have a query

does this phone recieve MMS?

It does not have MMS in the messaging menu under R world

When I recieve an MMS, it asks to connect and then it says R world not ready.

Is this a one off problem with me or is this what happens in this phone?

What is the solution?

Please help people.

If someone has sent u an MMS via R-World then i doubt if u'd be able to open it. The best way to send MMS to 6130 is to use the Email id of the phone. Ask ur frenz to send u MMS by typing the Email id. Then u might recieve it in ur MMS Inbox!

If someone has sent u an MMS via R-World then i doubt if u'd be able to open it. The best way to send MMS to 6130 is to use the Email id of the phone. Ask ur frenz to send u MMS by typing the Email id. Then u might recieve it in ur MMS Inbox!

28973[/snapback]

thanks a lot will try that, and one ore thing, what is the e mail id? should i use 9193xxxxxxxx@rmms.ricmail.com or 93xxxxxxxx@mms.ricmail.com

Edited by tanveer