Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
SumitVerma

The Most Awaited MNP Finally Introduced!

What a royal treatment you got !

Congrats.....

Wish everybody get this kind of treatment!

Sent from my Android Device

sent porting request from wife's tata indicom cdma and got the posting code valid till 3rd feb.

Cheers!!

• Like 1

I too sent the porting message from my RGSM postpaid(kerala) & got porting code valid till 4th Feb.

Planning to change from my RCDMA postpaid too. I bought new handset Samsung M369 & I did request for 2 months free data usage. Still it's not activated in my handset..

If i change to MTS, will EVDO enabled in my handset?

Is MTS offering any free data usage for new customers?

Edited by afzal_6339

Now the MNP has started and I think whoever has sent Porting request will be receiving best plan offers from their existing service provider. So why dont we share the plans offered to us so that other member can ask their current provider to provide the same plan and benefit !

Ashish has shared his new plan and I had too asked the same plan from my service provider.

So please share your new plans in the following format :

Monthly Rent:

Local call charges:

STD call charges:

Local SMS charges:

National SMS charges :

GPRS charges:

The freebies :

Telecom Circle :

If there is good participation, moderator can cerate a new thread for this too.

So please participate and help your fellow members :)

Edited by phonegeek
  • Like 1

i am now starting to believe that MNP will only start another Tariff / offers war and would loose its original focus of providing better quality network and facilities... very sad development :-(

Regards

Jasmeet

Edited by Punjabi

@vinay,

It already late by 2 year,

Jaldi se Scissoring karva do, But WITHOUT PAIN.

Small correction: its called Cesarean (also called C Section)

(Before DOC gets all worked up)

Edited by ami1

Online User Surveys at various Sites show Airtel leading the pack-Between 21% to 27% Customers are inclined to desert them....

I made a request to port from rel cdma to rel gsm.

They offered me MNP ATTACK 99 plan.

Local ONNET: 30p/min

Local OFFNET: 30p/min

STD: 50p/min

Addons:

SMS Addon: 19/month - 1p/sms

Rel to any Rel Local ONNET: 99/-

Total rent would come to 217 + taxes.

P.S. My major calling is on reliance numbers.

Online User Surveys at various Sites show Airtel leading the pack-Between 21% to 27% Customers are inclined to desert them....

No doubt... biggest player will take the biggest fall.... but it will be temp phase... it will rise again though not with same strength but still it will reign supreme :-)

I tried to port out my number from Airtel(TamilNadu).

I got a reply that 'MNP is not launched in your circle'. When I contacted the CC, they said only after 5 pm they are launching!!!!

I made a request to port from rel cdma to rel gsm.

They offered me MNP ATTACK 99 plan.

Local ONNET: 30p/min

Local OFFNET: 30p/min

STD: 50p/min

Addons:

SMS Addon: 19/month - 1p/sms

Rel to any Rel Local ONNET: 99/-

Total rent would come to 217 + taxes.

P.S. My major calling is on reliance numbers.

MNP ATTACK PLAN........What an innovative name Riendo.gif

Arent they giving you any minutes free for local calling ?

Edited by phonegeek

ha ha ha.. "MNP attack plan" looks like Mission Impossible Sequel... Staring Ambani's and Mittal's :-)

absolutely unbelievable.... Airtel sent me a free pizza because i am Airtel's long time customer... talk about competition man... lets wait and watch.. maybe tata indicom will send a masseuse next ;-)

Reliance Mumbai responds with the SMS "Request could not be processed, Please try later" ??

I went to Reliance webworld in Thane this morning to get my Idea GSM ported. To my shock, the staff asked me to come tommorow saying that they still do not have instructions on how to complete formalities. They noted my number and said they would call. Impulsive I am, I moved next door Tata Indicom office, where they had everything ready. From a new CAF form to procedures etc. Although some of the staff members fumbled on how to get UPC, it was sorted out.

After submitting documents, they have issued a SIM card with a plan avaliable with them. No special plan. Its 300 Rs rental with equal number of local minutes and sms free. Local calls @ 30 p, landline @ 50 p and STD at Re 1. I was told the entire process will be completed in three days. Now waiting for the actual porting to happen.

RCOM has the following on offer for Port-ins for Chennai/TN Circle maybe for RGSM Prepaid only:

Customer Benefits

1. GPRS 1 GB free for 30 days

2. All Local (any Network) Calls @ 1 p/2 sec for 90 days

3.All Local (R to R) Night calling (11pm – 6am) @ 1 p/12 sec for 90 days All Recharges Rs.55 & above will get Full Talk Time for 90 days

** Above benefits applicable to all New Port-in Customers with FRC 41, SimCard free with Rs 20 Talk Time.

Retention plans -- offers -- freebies -- addons -- pizzas (innovative) -- xyz

I think most of us had a hint of this in our minds but weren't sure enough that these will be coming straight away.

Moreover as many operators had clouded the facts of MNP implementation (which, thanks to RIMweb -rajanmehta special effort- were shot on their face) it was as if they were trying to avoid MNP rather than face and Counter its effect.

Now since the stable is open lets see how they stop the horses from running.

As suggested by phonegeek, need to start a new thread for retention offers which may run parallel to the 'I have ported My Number to...' topic.

Edited by I_C_U

@HONEST

Kamalbhai, Suggestion of Saurabh and Pankaj for separate thread for MNP Retention Offers is really good...

Can a New thread under MNP Forum with Appropriate Title be created and all Retention offer posts in this thread be shifted there?

@HONEST

Kamalbhai, Suggestion of Saurabh and Pankaj for separate thread for MNP Retention Offers is really good...

Can a New thread under MNP Forum with Appropriate Title be created and all Retention offer posts in this thread be shifted there?

^^^

Yes, why not dear Rajan Brother.

Let the retention offers posted in this thread be here only. You can add a new thread under MNP Sub-Forum SPECIALLY for Retention Offers from different operators. :) And after you start the new thread, all new offers could be posted there. :)

I have a question: How will we come to know that the no. we are calling is Reliance or not?

So how will R2R free will work in ported no. case?

Also i have a reliance landline connection on which all reliance no. are free but now how will it be distinguished?

Please throw some light?

Deekpak Bhai, if you make a call on the number which has been ported to another operator, then you will hear an IVR response that the call you made has been ported / routed to xyz operator's network. :)

• Like 1

@honest you have tested this? I mean why'll they advertise another providers no?