Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
SumitVerma

The Most Awaited MNP Finally Introduced!

^

I second that!

I doubt it will be supported by qpst or cw

The impact will not be severe since only 5% of subscribers in India use postpaid service, contributing 15% to 20% of the revenue of telcos.

A further drop in ARPU can be expected..

"We are planning to launch the MNP nationwide by January 20. Once it comes into effect, then consumers have options available even in a situation where some licencee or service provider loses his licence. Consumers can switch over, without losing their numbers or services, to other operators,” DoT secretary R Chandrasekhar said. Asked whether the launch of mobile number portability (MNP) will take place as scheduled, he clarified that all operators will launch the service on time. The DoT is likely to launch nationwide MNP services from January 20 this year."

MNP to shield consumers

i thought there might be many to migrate from GSM to GSM and also from CDMA to GSM (which i think will be).

ARPU is going to fall. and thts the reason RCDMA changed all its plan.. its not even promoting CDMA for MNP.

^^^^^^^^^

Forget promoting CDMA by RCOM they are not even promoting GSM for MNP at least here in Karnataka!!!!!! God only knows where they will end up

i hope mnp launch at scheduled date & cdma i phone in India with all cdma carriers on or b4 jan 20 as it is reported that verizon is launching it on 11 jan 2011..............it will be a great gift for all cdma lovers....

Absolutely No Harm in Dreaming...It's the most satisfying, mentally stimulating, sensory experience available at any time and Totally FREE OF COST.. :Riendo:

I also do, Like Here... http://www.rimweb.in...ars-would-ride/

HAHAHA....NICE REPLY....BUT I M HOPEFUL I PHONE CDMA WILL BE LAUNCHED IN INDIA SOON AFTER US LAUNCH....I READ UR ARTICLE IT WAS PLEASURE TO READ THAT...BUT U MISS 3G CDMA AUCTION...

I just called Reliance C.C. for MNP enquiry & they confirmed that MNP will start from 20th Jan 2011 Nationwide.

Good news. Waiting eagerly for MNP.

I just called Reliance C.C. for MNP enquiry & they confirmed that MNP will start from 20th Jan 2011 Nationwide.

fingers crossed..

Churn will be low even after MNP, according to experience in other countries. High ARPU customers who depend on using particular number will mostly stick to present operator because generally incumbent operator will give some retention offer.

But one thing I found good is that the old number will be ported on the same day to new network. In UK it takes 2-3 days.

^^^^

Ported Same day on new Network????

Isn't it abt 6 days.

In today's Tribune (Punjab) there is a news stating Launch of MNP Nationwide on 20-Jan-2011

20 jan is almost final.

Great news!

Any source for this confirmation?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

COAI

Many details test number, MNP data, levels are given

Anxiously waiting for MNP. What ever may be the consequency I am gonna switch my both operators. Airtel and reliance. Airtel due to poor tariff and reliance due to closed door for foreign handsets and evdo.

Govt tells telcos to stick to MNP deadline

Mobile operators lobbying for further deferring the pan-India rollout of mobile number portability (MNP) scheduled for January 20 have been told by the government to strictly stick to the deadline and have been warned not to violate the norms.

The department of telecommunications (DoT), already in the dock over irregularities in the allocation of 2G spectrum, which according to the government audit watchdog Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) resulted in losses of Rs 1.76 lakh crore to the state exchequer, has said there would be no further extension of MNP.

"The operators cannot keep on arm-twisting the government every time. Some operators have conveyed to us about the difficulty they are facing in rolling out pan-India MNP from January 20. They have been given adequate time," said a telecom ministry official.

MNP will allow mobile users to switch their operator while retaining their number. It has already been introduced in Haryana in late November last year. The government had earlier announced pan-India rollout from January 20.

The DoT is also of the view that MNP will help subscribers if the government cancels the license of their operator for delaying its rollout and missing the 2G roll-out obligations or on the ground of their ineligibility.

"We are planning to launch MNP nationwide by January 20. Once it is launched, consumers have options available even in a situation where some licencee or service provider loses his licence. Consumers can switch over without losing their numbers or services to other operators," R. Chandrasekhar, secretary, DoT, said.

He clarified that there would be no delay in the launch of MNP pan-India. He said that the all operators will launch the service on time.

Source: Mail Today

Yipppeee... I remember the days, when I used to have my signature as "Waiting for MNP...."...

Now it is finally happenening.. Hopefuly (Yes, I use the word hopefully).. :)

Sorry, may be a little offtopic, but:

Anyone has experience with Reliance GSM in Mumbai ?

I am thinking of shifting from RCDMA to RGSM (can't shift to non reliance nos) mainly so that I can get benefit of simultaneous Data+Voice on 3G (and leave imported handset hassles of cdma)

Is RGSM service OK ? Anyone using it here ?

Edited by ami1

I got a couple of friends in Bombay who are on RGSM. Whenever speak to them, the voice is usually not so clear. Though, compared to Poona, the network is probably better. In Poona it continues to be awful, though there has been a small improvement in recent weeks. Also, think more than twice if you travel out of Bombay. The network in rest of Mah. & Goa will most likely be bad. I have noted many highways, etc., have simply no coverage, when most other operators have coverage. Even if there is some coverage, most of the time the voice clarity will be bad.

Sorry, may be a little offtopic, but:

Anyone has experience with Reliance GSM in Mumbai ?

I am thinking of shifting from RCDMA to RGSM (can't shift to non reliance nos) mainly so that I can get benefit of simultaneous Data+Voice on 3G (and leave imported handset hassles of cdma)

Is RGSM service OK ? Anyone using it here ?

will suggest u to go for it and try. if u don find it useful then again after 90 days make good use of MNP

previous.gif 90 days!!! I cannot use it for 9 mins in Poona without people getting very irritated due to their inability to hear me, lol! If its your main number, and network is bad, 90 days is way, way too long.

Better to buy another SIM and check it out at your residence, workplace and wherever else you visit, at least.

Edited by raccoon

I agree.

Voice clarity of RGSM is lot of irritating.

previous.gif 90 days!!! I cannot use it for 9 mins in Poona without people getting very irritated due to their inability to hear me, lol! If its your main number, and network is bad, 90 days is way, way too long.

Better to buy another SIM and check it out at your residence, workplace and wherever else you visit, at least.