Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Mobile Number Portability (MNP): Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

In track service request I can see a Service Request Number and under the status I see "Solving"

Whatever that means

in the description can you see something called UPC..

it should look something like this

" Title: Request_Service_Port_Out_SMS - UPC ID: EO433526 EXPIRES ON : 16/11/2011 11:06:13

"

I am moving to Airtel from RCDMA. I am registered with my bank and other such services. Will changing the service provider without changing the number create any problems considering that one is GSM and the other CDMA (OTPs, statements, alerts etc)

^^^ Nothing will happen....

No changes will happen, no changes to be done.. Everything will work fine as before..

That's convenient then. I asked because earlier these people used to have different gateways/ methods of sending sms to cdma and gsm numbers.

I have done like 6-7 port ins successfully, out of which 2 were RIM to Voda, Never faced any difficulties.

And Yes you need to register for DND again with your new operator.

^^ thanks a lot

@Mr. Rajan Mehta

Dear brother, i am facing a problem with my ported Airtel prepaid number. Actually my number was originally from IDEA & ported it to Airtel prepaid. Now after completion of 90 days with prepaid i want to convert this number in postpaid with same network (Airtel). I visited to Airtel Showroom for the same but they told me that ported number can't b converted in to postpaid and vice-versa due to some technical reason and this problem is not only with Airtel, but also with others network too.

He said the only solution is "First port out from Airtel, then apply again for Airtel postpaid after 90 days."

So Mr. Mehta, is this problem in your knowledge?

Plz tell me, what can i do for the same?

Regards...

Someone was telling me similar things some time back. I am not sure whether Airtel's reasoning of technical problem is true or not. But the probable reason could be that even after port out, the number technically remains in the alloted number quota of previous operator as per DOT rules. Switching from PrePaid to Postpaid is considered a new connection by most operators. So technically it may be that the current operator cannot allot a number which belongs to the other operator in Prepaid to Postpaid conversion in port in scenario.

I came across somewhat similar incident wherein the person ported out from Airtel Postpaid to Vodafone Prepaid. Vodafone De-Activated the number one month later saying the documents are not in order. Actually all the documents were in order but then Vodafone finally could not again re-activate the number saying once a ported in number is de-activated, it goes back to the quota of the original operator and said that only Airtel can issue that number again if it is still free and available.

You can try two things,

If either of the above does not work, then the only alternative will be to port out again to idea, then convert the number to postpaid while you are with idea and again port back to Airtel. Also confirm with IDEA first whether they will convert your number to postpaid upon porting in and in how much time. (Don't tell them your plans to port out again to Airtel in advance!!) :smartass:

Edited by rajanmehta

@Mr. Rajan Mehta

Dear brother, i am facing a problem with my ported Airtel prepaid number. Actually my number was originally from IDEA & ported it to Airtel prepaid. Now after completion of 90 days with prepaid i want to convert this number in postpaid with same network (Airtel). I visited to Airtel Showroom for the same but they told me that ported number can't b converted in to postpaid and vice-versa due to some technical reason and this problem is not only with Airtel, but also with others network too.

He said the only solution is "First port out from Airtel, then apply again for Airtel postpaid after 90 days."

So Mr. Mehta, is this problem in your knowledge?

Plz tell me, what can i do for the same?

Regards...

In Aug-2011 I ported my Aircel prepaid into Voda prepaid and one week later they (voda) smoothly migrated prepaid to postpay. No need to port out again.

Someone was telling me similar things some time back. I am not sure whether Airtel's reasoning of technical problem is true or not. But the probable reason could be that even after port out, the number technically remains in the alloted number quota of previous operator as per DOT rules. Switching from PrePaid to Postpaid is considered a new connection by most operators. So technically it may be that the current operator cannot allot a number which belongs to the other operator in Prepaid to Postpaid conversion in port in scenario.

I came across somewhat similar incident wherein the person ported out from Airtel Postpaid to Vodafone Prepaid. Vodafone De-Activated the number one month later saying the documents are not in order. Actually all the documents were in order but then Vodafone finally could not again re-activate the number saying once a ported in number is de-activated, it goes back to the quota of the original operator and said that only Airtel can issue that number again if it is still free and available.

You can try two things,

If either of the above does not work, then the only alternative will be to port out again to idea, then convert the number to postpaid while you are with idea and again port back to Airtel. Also confirm with IDEA first whether they will convert your number to postpaid upon porting in and in how much time. (Don't tell them your plans to port out again to Airtel in advance!!) :smartass:

Thanks Rajan Bhai,

I did complaint about the same at Airtel presence & Nodal Officer & today morning i recv call from airtel presence that now you can convert your ported prepaid number in to postpaid :smartass:

I visit to ARC & submit the documents & security amount and officer told me that process will take around 3 days :smartass:

Thanks again for your valuable suggestion.

I have one more issue.....

Four days back i applied for a new Idea postpaid connection with premium number. The sales executive told me that he will give me this premium number for sure.

I gave him my documents, security amount Rs. 500 and number cost Rs. 250. He didnt give me any recpt of any amount.

Now he is saying "sorry sir, i am not able to arrange the same number bcoz this number is currently block by switch team & they are not releasing it."

He is returning my documents & money but i want that number any how....

Please suggest, if i complaint about the same matter to Idea's Nodal officer, PG Portal & TRAI.....will this help for me?

How i can have that number???

Plz help Brother!

Regards...

Ported out from reliance to Airtel. My reliance number is deactivated but airtel is not activated. What do i do? Called up reliance, they said that from their end, everything is done. Airtel customer care is even more complicated. Dont know how to reach someone who knows something about MNP

email your complaint to Airtel presence & Nodal Officer

I also faced similar issue porting from tata to airtel.

Got resolution when communicated with gurgaon presence office

try calling C.Care

or else try logging into myservices.relianceada.com , you will get ur generated upc there..

Which operator in kol are you planning to port in to ?

try calling C.Care

or else try logging into myservices.relianceada.com , you will get ur generated upc there..

Which operator in kol are you planning to port in to ?

tata docomo cdma for hsia (evdo) in mobile.Is it worth a move? :censored3:

:previous:

definitely tata EVDO is good speed.

also plan are cheaper compared to rcom

http://cdma.tatadoco...m/Internet.aspx

echarge Vouchers for Internet Browsing on Mobile and Tethered modem:

Pack Validity Usage CAP Applicable to Keyword Rs.100 30 Days 256 MB CIMO HSIA Send ‘DB100’ to 58265 Rs.300 30 Days 1 GB CIMO HSIA Send ‘DB300’ to 58265 Rs.500 30 Days 2 GB CIMO HSIA Send ‘DB500’ to 58265

Don't think you can port into MTNL Garuda as it is technically considered fixed line service delivered through WLL (Wireless in Local Loop) and not pure mobile service.

Can anyone suggest what to do...

Gave a porting request on 29th Jan Airtel Pre --> Voda Postpaid

On 3rd my number got converted to vodafone but PREPAID :surprise: .. I could check the balance.

After a few hours my number got disconnected and till now services are not available. VF c.care says the number details are not available in their system.

My Cellphone shows "Invalid Sim" now, when I insert the new SIM and Airtel has already released the number.

Edited by sujitkumarhota

^^^

Your number had been wrongly ported in to Vodafone Prepaid by Vodafone which they realized later or in their reconciliation and have terminated your number. As per the regulator's guidelines, number once terminated can not be recreated by the recipient operator. This CC guys would not be able to help you. Write a mail to the appellate authority of the circle ( details can be found on Vodafone site) or mark the complaint to ap@trai.gov.in

Edited by Honest
<< Quote Removed >>

^^^

I guess they did it to convert Prepaid to postpaid... :P Being optimistic.

Edited by Honest
<< Quote Removed >>

Airtel took 2 weeks and were not able to port my reliance postpaid to airtel postpaid. Now the port no has expired . I have to raise the request again, The airtel people are saying it will take time. I am fed up of reliance as signal is dropping all the time at my house and not working. Again would need to start the process again for porting. MNP is frustrating, on one hand there is reliance with pathetic signals and other hand Airtel not being able to port my no out.

Finally my number is ported from Airtel Pre to Voda Postpaid :)

guys please help i havetried generating theporting code but never get a reply

please help me in getting the porting code to port out from reliance gsm prepaid

i m from delhi