Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Mobile Number Portability (MNP): Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

^ ^ ^ Your question was previously answered by a member. Navigate to last page. Post #165

My Porting Woes.

RWEMG00Z.jpg

4th Feb Generated UPC code, TL927762, and applied for porting my Tata Indicom Prepaid number 92879***** (Kerala circle) to Airtel Prepaid. Filled up the requisite forms and received the MNP Airtel SIM. Immediately got a sms from +1901 that my request has been received and the application is in process.

After few hours received bothered calls from Tata Indicom retention team asking the reason for porting out and they offered me free talk time and even cheaper call rates. I politely declined.

After this there have not been any communication of any sort, from any source. I mean, the government mandates the process to be completed in 7 working days and I am to be informed through SMS or calls whether my request have been successfully passed or rejected. But I was left totally in the dark.

Later on 16th Feb, on visiting the Airtel office and enquiring about the status, I was informed that my porting request was rejected without stating any pointable reason.

On 18/02/2012 formally lodged a complaint with TRAI, TERM and PGPortal. Current status in portal shows under process and forwarded to some official in TTML.

20/02/2012 reapplied for porting with the new UPC code TL653688. Same story repeats. No communication. Now request rejected without reason.

These unscrupulous actions resorted to by Tata Indicom desperate to keep customers in the flock coupled with the inconsiderate Airtel staff is putting me through untold hardships.

Any help from Forum Members will be appreciated :hug:

Edited by Karthik R

wait for some more days, u will get a call from some higher up of TTML and they will tell u that u can port out :-)

pgportal really works..

The complaint I filed with DOT have elicited response from the nodal officer of Tata Indicom. The mail was dated 24/02/2012, which first escaped my notice as it was moved to Junk folder by Hotmail :giggle: . Posting the mail below :

Dear Sir,

This has reference to your complaint dated 18/02/2012 regarding MNP port out of your Tata Docomo connection 92879xxxxx.

For MNP port out, customer needs to give request at recipient operator within 7 days from UPC code generation. We have not received a request for port out for the above mentioned connection.

We have received request PMRS096422653 on 04/02/2012 with UPC TL927762, but we have not received any port out request from the recipient operator. Another request PMRS096752770 was raised on 20/02/2012 with UPC TL653688, hence request you to generate a port out request with the recipient operator before expiry of current UPC.

We would like to inform you that we have not rejected your MNP requests.

Assuring you the best of services.

Thanks & Regards,

Seema Ranjit

Nodal Officer Kerala (9037000121)

What future course of action should I seek? and from whom.

They wrote this request thing just to save their a** . Otherwise just think, how can one operator send a request to other operator ? If there is some type of request from one operator to other then it has to be a portout request. :-D

And request PMRS096422653 on 04/02/2012 with UPC TL927762, means it is a portout request :)

Try giving a portout request again and it will be done this time.

Edited by sujitkumarhota
  • Like 1

Thanks Sumit. Wrote a mail to Airtel CC and they replied thus

Dear Customer,

Ref: Email dated 26-02-2012 expressing the concern regarding the delay in the Mobile number Portability requested for your mobile number 92879xxxxx.

Thank you for your email to airtel and the opportunity to assist you.

We understand that there has been a delay in activation of your mobile connection. We regret any inconvenience caused to you.

To address your concern, we would request you to provide us with the following details:

1. Mobile Number:

2. Area / Location of the Airtel Relationship Centre:

3. Date of request given:

4. SIM number:

5. Amount paid as deposit and activation fee(only for postpaid):

6. Receipt number:

7. UPC code:

8.Requested for postpaid or prepaid in airtel:

9.Alternate Contact Number to contact you:

Once we receive this information, we assure you that we would try resolve your concern immediately

Please do write in for further assistance.

Yours Sincerely,

Kadhiravan Jayachandiran

Customer Care

Bharti Airtel Limited

let's see what happens

@Karthik

Did you got a request initiation confirmation from Airtel?? If not, then airtel has not entered your port in request. You need to visit nearest ARC and get this done. If yes, then re-open the request at PG Portal. Operators have to mandate to close the cases there.

@Sujit

The request number mentioned above is not Port out request, its an auto case generation for the retention efforts to be made to the customer.

@Karthik

Did you got a request initiation confirmation from Airtel?? If not, then airtel has not entered your port in request. You need to visit nearest ARC and get this done. If yes, then re-open the request at PG Portal. Operators have to mandate to close the cases there.

As per Karthik's previous post. Getting sms from +1901 means that AirHell processed his application.

4th Feb Generated UPC code, TL927762, and applied for porting my Tata Indicom Prepaid number 92879***** (Kerala circle) to Airtel Prepaid. Filled up the requisite forms and received the MNP Airtel SIM. Immediately got a sms from +1901 that my request has been received and the application is in process.

After few hours received bothered calls from Tata Indicom retention team asking the reason for porting out and they offered me free talk time and even cheaper call rates. I politely declined.

As per Karthik's previous post. Getting sms from +1901 means that AirHell processed his application.

Exactly...!!

Btw Why do everyone here calllll airtel as AirHell..?

@Kapilthio

You are right on that.

But As per Karthik's Post, he has not received any message for the rejection marked by Tata. This message is never sent by the Donor Operator but is sent by the MCH. which means the request has not reached the MCH. Moreover Tata's reply to PG Portal also states that. So it is apparently pending with Airtel gateway. Thus would be resolved by Airtel only.

similar case had happened with me as well...

I never received any rejection message but Airtel had rejected my portout request stating wrong UPC..

@ garry1313

Once Application is submitted by us to Port in operator, they have to send a SMS with UPC & MDN to MNP controller (MNP Interconnection Telecom Solutions India Pvt. Ltd.) & they send confirmation message (+1901) to Subscriber's number. Since Karthik got this message, Its assured that AirHell processed his application.

Issue is there at MNP Controller's end or TATA's end.

@sujitkumarhota

If the Recipient Operator did not provide correct UPC (Port Code) than it shall be rejected for sure. This happened with me as well. I gave request for port from AirHell to TATA Docomo. The TATA Hub guy sent SMS to MNP controller with wrong UPC and my port request was rejected immediately. I had to visit them again & subject fresh application. and it was done within time frame of 7 days.

Kapil bhai,

The UPC entered was correct and it was verified by me... :(

Airtel rejected it just for fun, I guess.. As it does to most of the port out requests..

And also I didn't get any rejection message..

The MNP system is not fool proof yet.. I guess :P

Kapil bhai,

The UPC entered was correct and it was verified by me... :(

You must have verified UPC while you mentioned it on the form. Not while it was sent by SMS to MNP Controller.

Edited by kapilthio

Kapil bhai after 15-16 MNPs mujhe idea ho gaya hai ki system me entry karte waqt upc verify karna hota hai :P

I verified the upc she entered in her system and it matched to the one I got through sms.

^^^

I have personally got 2 MNPs done from Airtel & Voda to TATA Docomo Prepaid. And both happened within given time frame without 1 issue, Except UPC was wrongly entered by Tata Guy.

for me too every other port out was successful and within time limit...

but port out from airtel wasn't smooth..

Update. Just received this mail from Airtel.

Dear Customer,

Ref: Email dated 27-02-2012 expressing the concern regarding the delay in the Mobile number Portability requested for your mobile number 92879xxxxx.

Thank you for your email to airtel and the opportunity to assist you.

We regert to inform you that we are unable to cater your request for as we are not in receipt of the portin request on our end within 7 days from the date of the request raised. However we request you follow the below mentioned procedure to initiate further action in this regards.

We request you to visit the same airtel relationship centre to avail the documents submitted earlier. We request you to revert us if the request is not processed within 7 working days from the date of the submission of the documents as the validity of the UPC code generated is 14 days only.

MNP procedure:.........

blah blah

So the real culprit is the inconsiderate staff at the Airtel Relationship centre :cursing:

I'll try my luck again once the current UPC code expires on 6th March.

This was what I told you, Airtel did not entered your request. Since upc expiry is on 6th, you can port in today and the request will reach mch in three days :)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Edited by garry1313

Empowered by the strict directives from DOT, I pursed the matter further and was able to probe deep.

Telephonic conversation with the technical support team of Airtel revealed that the port in request for my number was rejected as the retailer was forwarding the Syntax containing GSM instead of CDMA.

Hence they requested me to submit the port out request again at any of the nearest airtel relationship center and inform that the connection presently being used by me is CDMA. What were they thinking? Tata Indicom is GSM service?

^^^ Indicom has been rebranded as TATA DoCoMo CDMA... in all circles except Delhi..

Incorrect retailer sms does not get passed away from the company's local clearing house, which means the request never reached mch. These retailers do not entertain mnp requests since the companies have stopped paying higher comissions on mnp.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Finally got my 9 year old reliance no ported to Airtel, the process took 1 month with repeated follow ups with Airtel to do the same. Finally i suceeded and now i am happy with Airtel. Would have loved to complete a decade with reliance but unfortunately the network issues made life miserable and i did not have any further patience for follow up or complaints.

Incorrect retailer sms does not get passed away from the company's local clearing house, which means the request never reached mch. These retailers do not entertain mnp requests since the companies have stopped paying higher comissions on mnp.

Actually there is no "retailer" in the picture as I had submitted the documents at their official Relationship Center. But for unknown reasons, they kept referring to the ARC as 'retailer". Maybe to escape blame..

By the way, if wrong Syntax was followed in sending my porting request, would I have received the confirmation SMS from +1901 that my application has been received and is under process?

^^ bro relationship centers are generally franchisee owned...