Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Mobile Number Portability (MNP): Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

:previous:

SMS to 1900 must be at subscriber's current local SMS tariff -- TRAI

UPC must be valid for 15 days for circles other than J&K, Assam and NE where it must be valid for 30 days -- TRAI

Edited by kesav

Dear all,

I have a query. I have given a port-out request for my post-pay voda number and got a call from voda to remain with it with some offer.I did not accept the offer, and then executive told me that he would call me later after consulting with his senior. Now, suppose i do not receive a call from voda and neither i opt to port-out the number, what will happen after 02/02/2011 when the validity of UPC will expire ?

Nothing will happen, you will be Vodafone's customer !

Dear all,

I have a query. I have given a port-out request for my post-pay voda number and got a call from voda to remain with it with some offer.I did not accept the offer, and then executive told me that he would call me later after consulting with his senior. Now, suppose i do not receive a call from voda and neither i opt to port-out the number, what will happen after 02/02/2011 when the validity of UPC will expire ?

please share the offer which Vodafone gave you ?

For MNP 6-7 days are required?

Are these working days or all days.

I have given a PORTIN request on 24 Evening. So when will my Number get activated on new Network.

Will 26 Jan, Saturday & Sunday included in counting 7 days period?

Maximum 7 and 15 Working Days For Rest of India and Jammu & Kashmir respectively. Holidays not counted..

I am sending sms to port from my R-GSM (MAH) since last 4-5 days. But I am not getting the Port Code. Instead getting a sms from 1901 stating that "Dear Reliance Customer, Your Request could not be processed. Please try after some time. Thank you."

Any body using R-GSM from Maharashtra has got the port code ???

Edited by rbdhoot

Dear Rajan,

Kindly correct the following in the FAQ

'The unique porting code will be valid only for 24 hours so submit the documents to operator of your choice within this time frame'

According to TRAI,

'the Unique Porting Code allocated to a subscriber shall be valid for a period of fifteen days from the date of request or such time till the number is ported out, whichever is earlier, for all service areas except Jammu & Kashmir, Assam and North East licensed areas where the validity for the Unique Porting Code allocated to a subscriber shall be valid for a period of thirty days from the date of request or till such time the number is ported out, which ever is earlier, irrespective of. number of requests the subscriber makes'

http://www.trai.gov.in/WriteReadData/trai/upload/Directives/139/Direction10feb10.pdf

http://www.trai.gov.in/MNDivregulationsordersdir.asp

Edited by kesav

@rbdhoot, have you completed the mandatory time of staying for atleast 90 days with RGSM??

Maximum 7 and 15 Working Days For Rest of India and Jammu & Kashmir respectively. Holidays not counted..

Rajanbhai

Do you have any idea how much time it should take to port in a number from the date of submission of documents? I submitted my documents on Jan 20 and still have no intimation from either the donor or recipient about the present status of my request. Except for two smses from Reliance saying that my request is being processed, there is no communication.

Also, is there anyone here whose process is complete? His experience can be of immense help.

PORT OUT Status on Myservice.relianceada.com

A Case ID starting with UCS is registered with details as Request_Service_Port_Out_SMS when request for Code.

A Case ID starting with UCS is registered with details as Request_Service_Port_Out when you have given request to some other operator.

You can check these customercare> Track Service request.

Can some one throw more light on this.

I am sending sms to port from my R-GSM (MAH) since last 4-5 days. But I am not getting the Port Code. Instead getting a sms from 1901 stating that "Dear Reliance Customer, Your Request could not be processed. Please try after some time. Thank you."

Any body using R-GSM from Maharashtra has got the port code ???

Friend, please check the SMS format. It should be PORT<space>10 digit mobile number to 1900

@KAPILDEV

Thanks but I am sending sms in the correct format. I tried the same from on my R-CDMA & got the Code. But I don't want to change operator for my CDMA.

Dear all,

please share the offer which Vodafone gave you ?

Sorry for delay

It was simply unlimited calling for another one local voda number for 3 months only, not valid in roaming.

It was simply unlimited calling for another one local voda number for 3 months only, not valid in roaming.

:Ohhhh: Is this called a retention offer??? I will kick their @$$ if this happened to me...

Already TataCDMA has given me UnLimited FREE CUG + ZERO DEPOSIT + GoldenNumbers + FREE Itemised Bill from the beginning... Now I am thinking of getting cheap 1x data + FREE SMS (Local/National/Roaming) + T2T UL FREE as retention plan... Well it seems people using AirHELL and Vodafone are having extraordinary patience and super kind fellows...

^^^ Kannaga, neenga romba jaasthi keklei?? (Aren't you asking for something more??)

Just a thought.. nothing harmful.. after all Customer is the KING...

Is there any way to check Porting Status?

" Well it seems people using AirHELL and Vodafone are having extraordinary patience and super kind fellows..."

yes you are correct :'(

these poor vodafone guys finally offered local 30ps/min bonus card at RS.69 for 30 days

DOCOMO offers 1p/2sec local and STD for 90days at(rs. 66) a lower price than voda

Edited by sujaisundar

^^^

When u are comparing Price pls also compare Network Coverage.

OK... Please leave TataDocomo and compare TataIndicom with Cartel wrt coverage and voice clarity and TARIFFS (especially roaming tariffs)...

@Greatest

Kunal bhai... Am asking "Way too much More" wrt Cartel standard... But reasonable wrt TataCDMA and RCdma (Please see here for the retention offer got by our friend from RCdma)...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

@KanagaDeepan,

But Dear, using Voda or Airtel is a compulsion. At my office (Noida), both voda and Airtel have installed boosters and no operator else. In basement (-1 & -2) only these two work. At my residence (Ghaziabad)too,i have tested Voda, Airtel, Idea,Aircel, R-GSM & R-CDMA, but only voda/Airtel and somewhat R-CDMA work here.In that case, one has very limited option. And yes, Tata-CDMA is worst here. Then what is left to choose for ?????

You've made the point of India that people stay in Voda/Airtel only due to compulsion and never by intent.

Edited by kesav
  • Like 1

Q: Is that the proof with old operator and the proof given to new operator must be same during MNP ???

No you can submit different Proofs. But you have that Number working with you.

Where to give complaint for not getting MNP Code. I am trying since last 7 days but R-GSM are not sending me port code. A sms from 1901 states that Dear Reliance Customer, Your request could not be processed. Please try after some time.

I am sending correct sms : PORT 9021190x11 to 1900

I am using this number since last 1 year. I think the number is VIP.

Plz guide.

Edited by rbdhoot