Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Mobile Number Portability (MNP): Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

@rajanmehta

Plz help me :confuse::confuse::confuse:

MNP Regulations does not have a specific clause regarding Premium Numbers. It is covered under this general clause through which a port out request can be rejected by your existing operator,

"there are subsisting contractual obligations in respect of which an exit clause has been provided in the subscriber agreement but the subscriber has not complied with such exit clause:"

Check your CAF Form/Any other agreement you signed & accepted while taking those premium postpaid numbers. If it prescribes any minimum period like 6-12 months or payment of charges in lieu of minimum period, you need to comply with that otherwise idea can reject the port out request even if 90 days are complete from the date of activation.

Though there is a difference of opinion among some that Mobile Numbers are property of Deptt. Of Telecommunications and a Telco cannot charge any premium for a specific number, in REAL LIFE, all operators are charging for the same, even officially and have rejected port out requests of premium number customers who have not stayed for the minimum period prescribed under the agreement with operator.

Thanks rajan bhai & Kesav.

Maine Idea CC se is baare mai pucha tha unhone bola ki aap 90 days complete hone ka baad number k charges de kar port out kar sakte hai :Equivocado:

now m waiting for compeltion of 90 days, uske baad DOT & Trai ki thread di jaayegi :winko:

Bhai log ek baat aur bataiye, kya new postpaid connection lene k baad koi locking period hota hai?

I mean to say, minimum itne din se pehle na to aap number ko band kara sakte hai aur na hi prepaid, kya aisa koi rule hai?

TRAI says "there is no justification for rejecting a porting request on the ground that premium number or vanity number has been given to the customer as the numbering resource is allocated free of charge by the Licensor, who is the owner of the numbering resource and, therefore, the service providers are not justified in putting any condition for retaining premium numbers/vanity numbers under the garb of contractual obligation"

Hence, TRAI directs service providers

'not to reject a request for porting of a mobile number

(a)if outstanding payment due from the subscriber, in the previous paid bill is less than Rs. 10 which the service provider may include in the subsequent bill of the subscriber without any penal charges; and

(b)on the ground of subsisting contractual obligation except in the case of,--

1. the postpaid connection with bundled handset with contractual obligation having exit clause and the subscriber has not compiled with the same; and
  2. corporate connection with contractual obligation having exit clause and the subscriber has not compiled with the same

'

http://www.trai.gov.in/WriteReadData/trai/upload/Directives/146/Direction_page.pdf

Kudos to TRAI

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Edited by kesav
  • Like 3

:signthankspin: Thanks for the info Kesav Ji...

I have recently ported my sisters number from Tata Indicom to Docomo,

To my surprise I saw that the balance was carried forward to the Docomo number.

Edited by aankush

Wow, this is a nice move from Tata Tele.

I ported my number from Airtel to Uninor - here in Kerala. The porting was smooth. Uninor did not charge any money towards MNP or SIM card.

Default tariff is 1/2 paise per second to local calls in Kerala. Biggest plus is 1 paisa per second calls to the US on a nominal recharge or 22/23.

Thanks Uninor!

I submitted for MNP from Reliance to Aircel in Mumbai on 6th Aug. Port out reference number is RM366179. Even after continuous follow-up with both Reliance and Aircel i couldn’t find the status of my porting.

on 16th Aug i was told by Aircel that they have again sent request to Reliance.

On 19th Aug, i was told by Reliance that they received request from Aircel on 19th and they have already approved and sent to TRAI on 20th Aug

When i called Reliance today on 22nd Aug, i was told that it will take 4 more days

I am confused on status and who has to act now ? Reliance, Aircel, TRAI ??

I checked in TRAI website and there is no option to register complaint…

JP

I submitted for MNP from Reliance to Aircel in Mumbai on 6th Aug. Port out reference number is RM366179. Even after continuous follow-up with both Reliance and Aircel i couldn’t find the status of my porting.

On 19th Aug, i was told by Reliance that they received request from Aircel on 19th and they have already approved and sent to TRAI on 20th Aug

When i called Reliance today on 22nd Aug, i was told that it will take 4 more days

JP

JP

Unless there is no technical issue porting requests don't take more than 7 days, Are you sure that the documents you submitted to Aircel was same as that of Reliance.

Query:

Any way to check for a number for which network it is working on, after MNP has been implemented....

Earlier it was easy to tell by the series.

This will be useful for on net free calling...

On prepaid we can check after a call, if the balance is deducted or not... :hypocrite:

But on postpaid its difficult to find out...

So looking for a way to check a number's network.

Edited by Honest
<< Topic Merged >>

<< Topic Merged >>

Dear Ankush, always search the forum before posting a new thread. Also post in appropriate section. :)

JP

I too ported from RCDMA to Aircel & it was full of hassels.

After Several mails to rcom Including anil ambani, submitting port out code 4 times and waiting for 2 months my number was finally shifted to aircel.

still I dont which fault it was, When I contacted rcom, they told they forwarded the request to MCH, when I contacted aircel they told reliance is not giving clearance.

But I would like to suggest you to take aircel postpaid (in case you are going 4 prepaid), because in postpaid Aircel give heavy discount on rental.

Just after 2 months of porting, I sent port out msg from aircel too. and now I am getting 50% discount on 499 rental plan.

Network is also good.

I've got the message from reliance that my porting request has been successfully registered.

I'm porting from reliance gsm to docomo gsm. now I've got that message twice. i got this message 1st on 22nd and again today,

so what next? has my porting request been accepted by reliance or can it still get rejected?

now what will happen next, will i get a message from docmoo or relaince for the time/date of porting?

so what was the outcome boss ? ^^^

Whenever I try to send porting request from my Reliance cdma prepaid as well as postpaid I never get the porting code from Reliance. I get the sms delivered successfully message only. what could be the reason?

Because Reliance by default blocks sending of the port code to the customer from the back end like many other operators. You need to lodge a complaint with Customer Care and then within few hours / at the most one day, they will send the port code to you. Port code is already generated at the backend and CC can tell you orally also.

• Like 3

Thanks Rajan ji, I just called CC and they told me the porting code.

thanks a lot

RCom is cheating, they dont send the SMS of Port Code, thought its visible in CRM Tool.

• Like 1

^^^^^

That is NOTHING unusual sir ji... Snake bites, dog barks, Talibans kill, RCom cheats...

• Like 3

so what was the outcome boss ? ^^^

my porting was completed in 10 days, now i'm happy on tata docomo

I guess i am the only one whose porting process got completed within time limits....

Lucky Me :hypocrite: :hypocrite:

Reliance not responding to my port out request. Sent the SMS 5 times since morning. No response. Weekend off?

For me porting from airtel to docomo to idea has been hassle free on post paid.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Reliance not responding to my port out request. Sent the SMS 5 times since morning. No response. Weekend off?

check ur myservices profile.. in complaints you might find the upc