Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
anshu_s09

Reliance Communications Launches 3G Mobile Services

then, these guys will try best to tie with BSNL..might be cheaper..

I believe, Idea and Docomo were the top operators who made the most value for money for the license fees with respect to 3G market penetration as per the research firms..

But if these guys make it costly, then other operators would have a better option...but these guys wont make it cheap as they know that other operators cannot afford cheap:(

Fingers still crossed!

I hope u guys get what i am writing..as i did not understand on the second read (:P) Sorry!

Edited by theking

Thats Rs.3/min for local and Rs.4.20/min for STD.

Even after 11, its Rs.1.20/min for local and Rs.3/min for STD

now compare that with MTNL (50p/min local/STD)/BSNL(Rs.1/min local/STD)

Reliance 3G Coverge till date is much less when compared to DOCOMO.

RCom to launch 3G services in Rajasthan

Telecom service provider Reliance Communications today announced to launch 3G services in 12 cities of Rajasthan, including Jaipur within a month.

"Demonstration of 3G capabilities at Jaipur is an integral part of our vision 2015 of creating a 'Wirefree India', built upon the affordable 3G for all platform," Vinay Chandok, Hub Head-- Gujarat and Rajasthan, Reliance Communications, told reporters in a press conference.

He said the third generation (3G) services will be launched within a month in Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Bikaner, Ajmer, Udaipur, Sri Ganganagar, Bhiwadi, Alwar, Pilani, Pali and Bhilwara.

Chandok said the range of services to be offered includes video calling, mobile TV, video streaming.

All the applications will be accessed at superfast speeds ubiquitously on a variety of mobile and personal computing devices, for which the company will make available different customised plans for different users.

source :: http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/rcom-to-launch-3g-services-in-rajasthan/123255/on

Reliance Launches 3G Mobile Services in Jammu and Kashmir

Reliance Communications (RCOM), India’s single largest dual technology telecom operator announced the launch of 3G Mobile and Data Services in Jaummu and Kashmir telecom circle.

Earlier RCOM launched its 3G services in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chandigarh cities on December 14th, 2010 and now the operator geared up to expand its 3G coverage across 13 telecom circles.

Speaking on the launch of 3G Mobile and Data services in Jammu and Kashmir, Mr.Ataul Haque, Circle Head, RCOM, Wireless Business (J&K) stated “The launch of service is an integral part of our vision 2015 of creating a wire-free J&K, built upon the affordable 3G for all platform, personalization of services, simplification of tariffs and a content rich portfolio on the best in class service.”

Reliance 3G services will offer features such as video-calling, mobile TV, video streaming and applications access at super-fast speeds on a wide variety of both mobile phone and personal computing devices.RCOM will be launching its services across 13 telecom circles, where it holds 3G licenses by the end of 2010-11 fiscal. The company is targeting a national foot print of Reliance 3G services through associations with other companies.

The 3G licenses in the balance 8 telecom circles would be started during the course of next year via 3G Roaming agreement with other operators.

source :: http://telecomtalk.info/reliance-launches-3g-mobile-services-in-jammu-and-kashmir/54840/

There's no information about list of J&K cities/towns covered by Reliance 3G.

Reliance To Launch 3G Mobile Services in Himachal and Rajasthan

Reliance Communications (RCOM), India’s single largest dual technology telecom operator geared up to launch its 3G Mobile and Data Services in Himachal Pradesh and Rajasthan telecom circles.

Reliance has demonstrated its 3G capabilities in both telecom circles and announced that it will launch its commercial 3G Mobile and Data service along with Video Calling facility in 14 cities of Himachal Pradesh circle namely Shimla, Solan, Baddi, Nalagarh,Mandi, Paonta Sahib, Kullu, Palampur, Hamirpur, Kangra, Dalhousie, Dharamshala and Una with in 7 days.

While 3G service in 12 cities of Rajasthan circle including Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Bikaner, Ajmer, Udaipur, Sri Ganganagar, Bhiwadi, Alwar, Pilani, Pali and Bhilwara will be available in next 25 days.

Earlier the Operator launched its 3G service in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Amritsar, Ludhiana, Jalandhar, Bathinda and Patiyala (Punjab circle) and selected cities of Jammu and Kashmir circle

Reliance Communications (RCom) has also rolled out 3G Mobile and Data services in a record time of around 100 days of receiving 3G Spectrum in the major Metros of India and in next three months it will launch it in the remaining nine circles for which the company has 3G spectrum.

source :: http://telecomtalk.info/reliance-to-launch-3g-mobile-services-in-himachal-and-rajasthan/55103/

Edited by kesav

Reliance is going great in 3G.

Now they've list of cities covered by 3G in their website.

http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/3G/HTML/index.html

(look at right hand side of the webpage)

It's a way to go.......

Undoubtedly Reliance has become no. 1 in terms of 3G coverage with about 550 cities/towns in EVDO complimented effectively with 9 cities in HSDPA.

:clap1: :clap1: :clap1:

TATA docomo which has started 3G few months earlier still don't have list of cities covered by their 3G in their webpage.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

^ Now is the time to launch HSPA-EVDO Rev.A modem!

Can Someone pl confirm ?

For RGSM3G,Docomo 3g and Airtel 3G

1. Is 3G access by default? or only availabel if subscribed to a pack?

2. If I do not want 3G, can I maintain using EDGE?

Believe it or not.

I had this old reliance gsm no which i didnt use.

but it had life time incoming so it was with me.

Recently for some reason I had put in my HTC touch pro 2 and voilla :clap::Ohhhh::confuse::Contento::Sorprendido::Equivocado:

it was showing `H' signal.

I checked on internet it means HSDPA , i thought its some fluke

but guys i have made calls and it stays on same doesnt move to E or G (edge or gprs) as earlier.

I have used YOU Tube and other browsing and its working super fast staying with H signal.

I dont know how. Can anybody explain this miracle.

I also have a regular reliance gsm no. but somehow its not catching H , its showing E only.2011219_001.jpg

Reliance 3G in 140 cities by March

Reliance Communication (RCom) will launch 3G services in 140 cities across the 13 circles it has 3G licences for, by March 31.

A spokesperson for RCom said, "In the first phase we are targeting to reach people in 140 cities with our 3G services by March." However, he did not elaborate on the company's plans for the second phase.

RCom has spectrum rights in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Punjab, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal, Himachal Pradesh, Bihar, the North East, Jammu and Kashmir, Orissa and Assam. It has already launched services in more than ten cities including Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Amritsar, Patiala, Bathinda, Ludhiana, and Srinagar.

Another operator, Aircel, which launched its 3G services on Wednesday, also plans to cover an equal number of cities in 13 circles by the end of March.

The service providers' plans indicate that 3G services will reach even tier two cities faster than expected.

Tata Docomo, Airtel, Vodafone, Idea, BSNL, MTNL, and S Tel are other service providers who have 3G spectrum rights. Of these, only S Tel and Vodafone are yet to launch services. BSNL, which got 3G spectrum licences one year prior to private operators, has already rolled out services in 700 cities and has announced that it will cover 760 cities by March 31.

source :: http://www.themobileindian.com/news/709_Reliance-3G-in-140-cities-by-March

It's really an ambitious target if they want to provide blanket coverage.

:thumb: :thumb:

or else they can fool consumers by providing patchy coverage with 5 to 6 BTSes in each city.

Let us hope RCOM doesn't disappoint us.

It's shocking to know that they're not updating the site with launched cities.

Still it's showing only 9 cities.

:'( :'( :'(

:previous:

No Kesav ji, that wont be a difficult task for them... They just have to provide 3G facility in 122 TOWERS and then call each street, where the tower is located as ONE CITY :rofl_200: Another method is just launching 1 tower with 3G facility in ONE city, like they have done in SIVAKASI -- EV-DO expansion :Equivocado:

Edited by KanagaDeepan

RCOM site on checking the network coverage of Sivakasi says "Town / Village is Not Covered"

Anyways looking at their pace in EVDO Expansion I have a strong feeling that they will end up with 3G in around 100 towns by 31st March

Edited by confused_follower

Still the Biggest 3G Network

Reliance 3G Mobile Service Now In Bihar and Jharkhand

Reliance Communications (RCOM), India’s single largest dual technology telecom today launched its much awaited 3G Mobile and Data Services in Patna city of Bihar and Jharkhand telecom circle.

As of now Reliance launched it commercial 3G Mobile, High Speed Data services with speed up to 28 Mbps and Live Mobile TV service in Patna, While other major cities like Bhagalpur, Muzaffarpur, Gaya, Chhapra, Ara, Katihar, Begusarai , Biharsharif and Hazipur of Bihar state and Ranchi, Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Bokaro, Jharia and Chas of Jharkhand, — will be covered in next few days of by the end of March 2011.

Rcom also announced the detail tariff for its 3G data and Value added services.The 3G Data plan for Prepaid/Postpaid users starts from just Rs. 97.

For convenience of prospective 3G Mobile Service users, there is no changes for Voice and SMS tariff and it will be charged as Reliance GSM 2G Plan and customer can clubbed Reliance 3G data plans as their needs and suitability. Apart from only 3G Data Plans, Reliance also launched some 3G service Combo plans with bundled tariff that include Voice, Data and SMS, starting from Rs. 199.

The Default data charges will be 10p/10KB up to first 50 MB usage. The Voice call and SMS charges will be charged as per Reliance 2G tariff plans.

source :: http://telecomtalk.info/reliance-3g-mobile-service-now-in-bihar-and-jharkhand/59314/

RCOM is really galloping fast in the 3G(HSDPA & EVDO) network expansion.

Currently they've close to 520 cities/towns in CDMA-3G(EVDO) and around 33 cities in GSM-3G(HSDPA).

Edited by kesav

As promised RCOM has hit 140 cities/towns in HSDPA.

With this expansion, RCOM has truly become pan-India 3G player with EVDO coverage for over 520 cities/towns and HSDPA coverage over 140 cities/towns.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

There's no populous town left in India which has not felt the 3G breeze of Reliance either in the form of EVDO or in the form of HSDPA.

We salute RCOM for achieving such a stupendous feat in such a very short time.

:hi2: :hi2: :hi2:

What we need from RCOM now is dual-mode(HSDPA/EVDO) 3G handsets and dual-mode 3G dongles and dual-mode 3G WiFi hubs for seamless roaming across India.

TATA has already started that convergence in the form of their 3G WiFi Hub.

RCOM has surprised almost everyone on earth with its crusade on 3G.

RCOM has reached 333 cities/towns in HSDPA coverage. They claim it has blanket coverage in each of those cities/towns.

RCOM has the finest and the widest 3G coverage in India covering 520 cities/towns in EVDO and 333 cities/towns in HSDPA.

Kudos to them for such a stupendous feat......

March ahead RCOM...we're with you.....

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Reliance Communications (RCOM), India’s single largest dual technology telecom launched its next generation 3G Mobile and Data Services in 63 cities/towns on postpaid and prepaid platform across the Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh telecom circle.

Reliance claims that Its 3G network has been designed to offer blanket coverage in every town being connected on 3G, with all its 3G sites connected through IP backhaul to provide maximum download speeds and minimum latency. The World class Reliance 3G network is capable of offering peak speeds upto 28 Mbps.

Reliance 3G Mobile and High Speed 3G Wireless Broadband Data service is now available in Anuppur, Badra, Betul, Bhilai Nagar, Bhopal, Bilaspur, Bhia, Bilaua, Bina-Etawa, Birgaon, Bodi, Burhar-Danpuri Chhatarpur, Chhindwara, Deohara, Deori, Dewas, Dipka, Durg, Gogaon, Guna, Gwalior, Hoshangabad, Indore, Itarsi, Jabalpur, Khajuraoho, Khandwa, Korba, Kotma, Mandideep, Mangalya-Sadak, Mehmand, Mhow Cantt, Murwara, Morena, Panna, Pasan, Pithampur, Rahgogarh-Vijaypur, Raisen, Rajgarh, Raipur, Raigamar, Rajnnadagaon, Ratlam, Rau, Rewa, Sagar, Sachi, Satna, Sehore, Shahdol, Shajapur, Shivpuri, Singrauli, Sinaha, Tekanpur, Ujjain, Vidisha of Madhaya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh telecom circle.

Reliance Communications (RCom) also said that it has rolled out 3G Mobile and Data services in more than 333 cities including the major Metros like Mumbai and Delhi.

source :: http://telecomtalk.info/reliance-3g-now-in-63-cities-of-madhya-pradesh-and-chhattisgarh/67745/

Edited by kesav

oops!!!

here I am not even getting 2 g signal in lift, basement and even ground floor. sometimes it shows "sim card registration failed" (and signal come only after restarting the phone).

I do a portout from RCDMA but for RGSM I even didnt bother to do that, just finish the bal and throw the sim out of phone.

Rcom has introduced new promotional offers named Triple Dhamaka, they areavailable to both prepaid and postpaid customers and valid till 31st Oct 2011.

Details here