Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Dr. Hari

MNP Experience

I submitted my port request to BSNL Gujarat today, as usual the officials never know of any fine print the telecom major writes. I told them the major reason for MNP from Tata Docomo 3G to BSNL 3G was the 3G substance. And, they don't know if BSNL provides 3G MNP. Later I checked on a few websites that detail about MNP 3G transfer. I am a loyal Tata customer who has all possible services of Tata Sons, but the network coverage seems to be too below esp. while travelling. Docomo has yet to implement 3G in Mumbai, thats where I travel frequently, network fading and unusual call drops. Tata Docomo Edge Mumbai s**ks more than the G (gprs) I used since years on AirTel Gujarat. Very poor signal between Bhayandar and Vapi with blackspots ranging 10 kms rail line. My brother uses BSNL postpaid and we can hardly call him successfully during peak hours. But this problem has benefitted BSNL 3G users as they are few. Lets see if opera 11 and UCMobile opens an html link after this mnp.

BSNL port in done early morning, incoming call service resumed, but no freebies alongwith. Got a FRC of Rs 120 and I got 1000 national sms, 1 hour BSNL to BSNL minutes and 500 mb of 3G data. But I don't know how to activate per sec billing. There are too many recharge denominations and I din't want to burden the half brains of the BSNL CSC personnel. Anyway, I am more happy than I expected, I am getting high speed 3G, thats what I was wanting. The blank network time was 10:00 pm to 4:00 am. SMS confirmation stated 2 hours.

MNP is flagged off from 20th january onwards in andhra pradesh telecom circle and so far thousands of portout requests were generated and forwarded for further process to service providers

this reflects how unhappy are the ap customers with the operators for the last few years

mnp came as shower of relief for them but some operators indifferent attitude towards the processing the portingout requests has brought forth troubles for the customers

as big chunk of customers are going to other operators network some of the operators who sofar rendered worst services and faced myriad of complaints decided not to entertain the portingout requests

But the operators could not absolve themselves of their irresponsible attitude towards porting out customers with the pretext of technical turnarounds.

this topic thread is initiated for the pooling of public opinion so as to ascertain the willingness of telecom operators and also to check whether the purpose of MNP implementation by govt is served

I solicit more participation from the members to investigate into this issue

you are lucky but we are facing different and peculiar issue

i ported out RCDMA to RGSM and for one day everything normal after that trouble started

only i am able to make outgoing calls and no incoming calls from anynetwork

i complained this to even ap nodal officer and appelate authority but no response

it is since two months i lodged complaint still they couldnot be able to make out and address the issue

what to do

I have ported from R-GSM to Tata Docomo. I wanted to recharge for Rs.24/- Tata to Tata Special Recharge for Call Costs 1ps/6secs. But it is not getting activated. I got refund of Rs.24/- after complaining CC. Anyone got the same problem ??

previous.gif Insufficient details - how did you attempt to activate it? Did you try thru USSD menu?

sent a mail to both email ids provided by rajan bhai regarding delay in MNP process, here it is :

Subject : Complaint against Reliance communications for delay in MNP process

Dear Mr. Kapil sibal

Hon'ble Telecom minister

India

Here is my complaint regarding delay in MNP process from my existing service provider Reliance communication

Name : Amit Chaudhary<br clear="all">

Mobile number : 93106xxxxx

Circle : Delhi NCR

Portout network : Reliance CDMA

Port in network : Aircel

Timeline

24 Jan 2011 :UPC generation date.

27 Jan 2011 : Applied to aircel with all formalities (adress proof, id proof, upc code).

28 Jan 2011 : Address verification done by aircel.

till then no message from 1900, no message from aircel, no message from reliance. 4 Feb 2011 : time limit of 7 days (including holidays) for process of MNP expires but no porting done.

5 Feb 2011 : I contacted aircel executive which told me that from our side every thing is complete, reliance is not releasing your number.

I called Reliance CC @198, they told me that it is still in process. I ask its already 7 days over. he replied sir we cannot say anything but it will resolve soon, no time given.

But the one important thing i did not recieved any msg from 1900 or aircel or reliance regarding mnp process.

Till date my porting process is not complete as already 11 days passed.

I request you to take some disciplinary action against the culprit.<br clear="all">

Thank you

one update as of today : aircel guy told me that his senior sent a mail to some rcom officer regarding this clearing (as i am not alone customer facing this problem with reliance, he was having another 5-6 numbers from reliance with same problem, OMG reliance loosing customer @ very fast pace), and your number will be ported tomorrow (9 feb) night.

let's see :Equivocado:

Guys here is another 2 updates from my side :

I got a revert of my email to Reliance stating that "We have not recieved any port out request for your number, please contact your recipient operator".

Than Today I called Aircel guy and what he told me is smelling another telecom scam ongoing.

he told me that my request is pending with MCHA (Mobile Number Portability clearing house administrator), not with reliance, hence there is no guilty of reliance in this case.

But the question arise why this request is pending in MCHA ?

Is reliance paying money to MCHA for not sending the port out request to the reliance, so that they become innocent without loosing customer.

what the hell is going on ?

after so many days my mood is changing regarding MNP.

I am thinking of continuing this number with reliance.

I m getting good postpaid plan "simple 99" with additional 100 Rs calling including roaming+ 11 Rs sms addon.

now thinking of putting my old vodafone number into my wildfire as it has very good coverage all over India.

Sali MNP ne aur jyada confuse kar diya hai :confuse:

So here is end of my MNP saga.

Today morning recieved a sms from Aircel that my MNP request has been cancelled because of wrong UPC.

I carefully wrote the UPC in MNP form with my hands.

Reliance really s**ks and has been able to retain me atleast for sometime.

I may drop the plan of MNP.

so guys reliance lost one more customer...

I lost hope of getting port out from reliance because of unethical denying of port out request 3 times reason being Wrong UPC.

I was just thinking of what to do, No improvement of reliance network was again forcing me to port out, then for a while I decided to take out my old vodafone number and distribute it again.

Then suddenly on,

27 March: I got call from the aircel guy (through which I applied to mnp), he asked me to generate UPC and send to him just last time, I think let give him a try. port out request send once again 4th time.

29 March: SMS from Aircel, Dear customer your port out request has been rejected because of UPC mis match, I was full of frustation, but i just check my My services Account, there was a request generated of "service_port_out_request". I guess may be Aircel was habitual in sending sms of rejected request. I just call CC and asked about my port out request, and there was a dull answer "sir your request is under process, it will resolve very soon", but dont know how much time it will take ?

31 March: got an sms from aircel stating that Port out request has been accepted activation time is 10:00 Pm. I was feeling very relaxed, after a year of torturing by reliance network.

I wait till 1 AM in night but neither reliance got deactivated nor aircel was activated. what the hell ?

1 April : I checked again both but now reliance was dead and aircel was also dead... Immediately called aircel guy, he told me that its good your reliance number is dead, now I will activate your aircel after reaching office. I was little confused asked him that isnt it an automated process. he said no, we only activate MNP numbers manually when previous operater shut down his sim

finally aircel was activated on 11:50 am on 1st april, no april fool day for me.

Happy to kick out reliance from my phone....

@raccoon

I did the special recharge through a dealer.

previous.gif Hope you got the dealer to make a special/ordinary recharge as applicable? Why don't you try thru USSD menu?

How can i do that recharge through USSD ? I have not found it in USSD Menu. Please guide.

Hope you got the dealer to make a special/ordinary recharge as applicable? Why don't you try thru USSD menu?

By USSD you mean the *191# service?

previous.gif Yes. That or *141# ...can't recall exactly. Edited by raccoon

Cost Saver pack 24/- not found on *141# or *191# service.

Hey friends, check out my unique porting experience...

Dates accuracy is +/- 3-4 days as issue has become old.

02/02/2011 Applied for port out from TATA Indicom to TATA Docomo

13/02/2011 Porting process completed successfully & no glitches in making n receiving calls.

Real mess starts here..

Till around 1st week of april, number was working correctly. Suddenly around 4th April, outgoing stopped. On checking got to know that there is outstanding on donor operator. Now, in TATA Indicom, my account had 2 numbers & out of which I had ported 1 which was done successfully in FEB itself & till april I had paid 2 other bills of the same a/c no. Its ridiculous to hear that there was outstanding that too after 2 odd months. Somehow outgoing got started.

Again around 10th April, outgoing stopped. This time, my friend in TATA suggested it may be SIM problem so we changed the sim but same problem. Then he said my docs were missed by company along with other 20000 customer's docs & all those 20k nos. outgoing has been barred. I re-submitted the docs. Yesterday, even incoming stopped & if you call it says, pls check the number.

On raising the complain, reason received was Port out rejected by donor operator. Its highly ridiculous that port out is rejected after 2 months. That too both the companies are same. I dont understand what should I do. Thanks to my wife (whose number is this) for she is keeping herself cool till now!!!

Apart from sending mail to Nodal officer & Deptt. Of Telecom ddgpg-dot@nic.in TRAI ca@trai.gov.in is there anything else that I can do???

^^^^^

Had sent an email to MNP head of Maharashtra for TTML (got his email id from my source in TI). Email sent on 19th Evening along with all my paid bills copies & mp3 files of my conversation with Nodal officers of TI & TD. 20th Morning recd call from some Sheila n she referred mail sent to MNP head.. She called herself as a member of escalation team. Said that there was outstanding of 19/- towards my old operator & hence this happened. I could not understand how is it possible as my old a/c is still active with one more number & its 2 bills have been already paid after porting. Infact, I have habit of paying bills on day of generation itself. Anyways she said will waive my 19/- & start no. ASAP max till tomo i.e. 21. & also penalize operators who talked to me on Nodal's no. On 21 morning, recd her call that no is active. Check & sim got registered by incoming n outgoing still barred. She again called at 1pm & services restored fully.

All in all, i feel operators can do everything n know everything but dont want to do anything. below is my mail sent to MNP head which made wonders.

from Hitesh Kakkad <hitesh@xxxxxxx.in>

to vxxxxx.kxxxxx@tatatel.co.in

date Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 3:29 PM

subject Ridiculous MNP Problem - number 9225118000

mailed-by xxxxxxxxxx

Hello...

I would like to refer to you very strange problem faced on my wife's number. Request you to go through below details.

1. 9225118000 was working with Indicom until Feb.

2. I opted to port from Indicom to Docomo due to very limited handset choices & very expensive data plans in CDMA. Also, Indicom's reluctance to activate service on imported smartphones made me take this step.

3. My number was successfully ported from Indicom to Docomo in around 2nd week of Feb.

4. After around 1 & half month, suddenly, my wife could not do any outgoing calls & hence I approached Jalgaon TVH & somehow they started the outgoing.

5. Outgoing got restored. But, again on around 10th April, outgoing stopped. Again I approached Jalgaon TVH & this time they asked me to re-submit the docs which I had earlier submitted with Docomo's caf. Still I did it.

6. On around 13th April, instead of restoring outgoing, even the incoming was barred & the sim would fail to register. Even today (19/04/2011) the number is inactive & if someone calls, he gets message that number is incorrect.

Considering all above points, I hope you have understood my situation. My wife is not talking to me since last week. Also, I am unable to understand how such type of ridiculous things are happening. I would also like you to note below points:-

1. I had sent an email complaint to Indicom as well as Docomo along with Trai / DOT as well as PG cell, to which I never received any reply.

2. I had called nodal officers of both Indicom as well as Docomo but both of them are not able to get any clue about my problem. I have attached mp3 file of my conversation with them. Request you to listen both the conversations fully & just see the hopeless quality of service rendered by them.

3. I had attached last 3 bills of the concerned phone no.'s a/c & as you can see, all my bills are being paid on the date of generation itself thru online payment. I have habit of clearing the bills on the same day of generation for all my billers which includes one more a/c no. with Indicom (a/c no. 603752763).

4. This gives me sheer level of dis-satisfaction specially when I have maintained very good relationship with TATA Group since more than 5 years.

Hope you personally look into the matter so that I can further sort out my issues with my wife.

my mnp with relince was worst...tried transferring the no to airtel ..even thy were hell of idiots....but one thing which is weird is today i received a mail from rel cc concerning my no...and thy said tht as per telephonic conversation the mnp has been done and the customer is satisfied below it was the mail i sent to TRAI ...looks like TRAI is forwarding complaints to the respective oprators..but after so much time it looks useless as the customer's problem got magnified and with time the customer had no choice either to stick to the old operator or chose a different operator ...

Hi All,

Has anybody faced any issues or problems with billing (in case of post paid connection) after porting from one operator to other operator. Please highlight.

Regards

Suhas

so just got my security deposit back from reliance after 43 days of port out, finally a good move by reliance

:signthankspin:

Applied for Porting from AirHell to Docomo on 13/05. Rcvd SMS on 14th saying "Request rejected due to UPC mismatch". Called Docomo CC, Checked the UPC. Found it was wrongly entered by the Local Docomo office Guys. Got it corrected on 14th Itself. They issued me New SIM for 'free'.

And 20th Night got my number finally ported to Docomo within 2 hours after regular followups with Airtel Nodal officer by email. Airtel CC disconnects the call as you tell they for 'Port Out'.

All calls & SMS working. :)

My friend is facing a strange problem. The number is ported out from Airtel to Reliance CDMA.

However, RCDMA's iCare system is not showing any info about the number. Calls and sms works perfectly alright. Reliance store is of very little help.

What can be done now?

My friend is facing a strange problem. The number is ported out from Airtel to Reliance CDMA.

However, RCDMA's iCare system is not showing any info about the number. Calls and sms works perfectly alright. Reliance store is of very little help.

What can be done now?

Maybe your application form not yet updated. Contact the people where you have given application

As u must be wondering with the topic title GUNDA RAJ , but i must say this is best suitable title i might come up and after telling u all the Case detail u might also feel this is the best suitable title for the topic .

I'm from haryana and i have 3 post paid haryana circle CDMA connection last month i decided to convert 1 of my connection from postpaid to prepaid ..

I didn't know that migration is such a big deal ,, i went to Reliance Web world and talk the reliance executive that can u please take my request of migration.

she said " Sir we can not do that from here please call customer care *222 / 198 " .

I felt that's wearied but i thought might be she didn't knew " bez maximum times these new girl are not trained properly and she might didn't knew how to do it "

So i made call to customer care after holding for 30 minutes i got a chance to talk to customer care the guy said ok after talking to him for 20 min then they said

" Sir please go to your nearest Reliance Webworld and ask them for Migration form from POSTPAID to PREPAID and pay all the pending dues"

Then I again went to WW are asked them for the 1st she said she have no idea what i am asking for ... again after talking she said ok and she gave me a Print out i filled up the form and told her to give me a reciving of the application she said " Sir sorry i can not receive this request " .

I was pissed I said what the hell , then she said " SIr aap Jo marji ker loo aap ka no pre paid me nahi hoga " ... i told she give me in the written then also she said no .. i don't know what is going on ..

It's been a month but still no she not be shifted so in last i decided to PORT out ....

escalate the issue to Nodal Officer/Appeleate Authority, over the mail (for mail addresses, refer your postpaid mobile bill).. conversion from postpaid to prepaid is not a big deal, however, vice versa, is a bit tedious, as it involves verifications..

Facing a peculiar issue after porting one of my Tata Indicom prepaid number to Airtel prepaid. The MNP SIM being issued by Airtel is of the type 64K and not the usual 128K. I'm getting only 2-3 bars network coverage which frequently fluctuates at my home. Another Airtel postpaid number, in use for some time now, shows full strength, which I should be getting.

Strangely, when I enquired with CC, they said it is because I recently ported in to Airtel and it will be automatically solved after a week's time. Is there any substance to this statement?

Facing a peculiar issue after porting one of my Tata Indicom prepaid number to Airtel prepaid. The MNP SIM being issued by Airtel is of the type 64K and not the usual 128K. I'm getting only 2-3 bars network coverage which frequently fluctuates at my home. Another Airtel postpaid number, in use for some time now, shows full strength, which I should be getting.

Strangely, when I enquired with CC, they said it is because I recently ported in to Airtel and it will be automatically solved after a week's time. Is there any substance to this statement?

Nothing substantial :lol:

Its strange what statements these customer care people made at times.:P

But your problem is also quite strange.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D