Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
harismahesh

Android ----> CDMA iPhone?

Android vs iPhone?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Will you switch to iPhone or continue with Android?

• Continue with Android
    • Switch to iPhone
    • Will Give iPhone a try
    • Try Both

:previous:

Dr sir... Few examples of limitations like non-removable battery, non-removable memory card, Signal strength (or lack of it) when HOLDING IT WRONG, NO SIMPLE BT file transfer, NO PURE multitasking, System-wide File manager, Limited customizations like launcher pro in Android, NO SIMPLE app installations using installers like apk files in android <<NOT SURE>>, TOO DEPENDENT on desktop iTunes, NO video-call (NOT FACE-TIME VIA WiFi), NO Flash on browser, jail-breaking is NOT everyone's cup of tea imho...

Only main advantage of iPhone over Android, imho is enormous quantity of games.. Its not that great for power users like many android lovers here...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

. Ever changing terms and conditions of AppStore

. You give to your son/daughter to play and you never know when your child installs an app burning hole in your pocket :)

. cant turn your phone into wifi router to extend connectivity. <<please correct if wrong, never played that much with iPhone/iPodTouch>>

. i like physical keyboard

Ios is not like 2007s iOS now.. its no doubt powerful OS with all multitasking and folder options.. though we have our own reason not to buy/love apples. But we all know they make premium stuffs.. and everyone loves it.. on apps front no one can beat them not even android.

U hate it or love it. u cant ignore it..

I personally think lots of people say no are those who cant even afford it.. IMHO.

my CDMA iphone on its way already and will use it for some days before chucking it to someone. come on i cant keep one more device beside my Droid X, samsung Tab, BB 9650 and Samsung Smooth. *SHOW-OFF* :D

I feel non removable battery and Mem card are not limitation.

Low signal can be one of it - but i find only 5-10% reduction as compared to BB or android or Nokia or HTC - i have all in GSM

BT file transfer is a issue that has to be done by selected apps.

there is a system wise file manager - free

i am Still looking for a Installous or Appcake like application for android to install application from Grey- let me know if you can hunt one (leave apart applanet which is down 15 days a month)

NOn Face time video call - skype exists here,

Flash - its on but not good and works only for some US providers.

Jail breaking one time job and who want to be bound - android needs Rooting

@ sadikk - seeing you odd times of day is a surprise buddy now i see you in morning too - are you in america?

I agree with Sadikk too...becuase the Os is more strong and the quality of the device is far better compared to Samsung..IMO

I'm bit confused with flow of thoughts in this thread.

Is it iOS vs Android or iPhone vs Android?

I feel it should be iOS vs Andriod then it's easy to compare and discuss.

iPhone as a HW stands tall(build quality,finish etc.,) and there's no match for that HW in this world.

Latest iOS, I feel still an inch better than latest Android.

May be that gap is fast reducing and certainly Android will rule as best OS in near future.

History has always proved that open systems and architectures are more robust and secure than closed systems.

IMHO, Android in Iphone is not a distant dream. I feel that is the ultimate thing to happen. Best HW marries best SW.

After all, Android in Iphone is a win-win situation for Apple and Google.

iPhone as a HW stands tall(build quality,finish etc.,) and there's no match for that HW in this world.

That's Optimism than Fact...Heard of Samsung Galaxy S2 ?

Possible.......

I'm not an expert, just my opinion with limited experience/knowledge as I'm nowhere in the supply chain of mobile phones...

Let us see what our HW experts in RIMWEB has to say on it....

No offence, but its a wrong assertion, ill-researched and ultimately misleading.

A little bit of research on the part of the buyer goes a long way in thwarting these misconceptions. The higher end android phones have better,bigger, pixel-rich super AMOLED screens, snappy performance with 1+ Ghz dual core processors,dedicated graphics core,and more than adequate RAM. They can beat an iPhone left, right and center on benchmarks. And its only a matter of time before the applications on Android start utilizing the new dual core processors and the GPU properly. And given the brilliant open source community of developers working actively on that, expect that to happen sooner than Jobs raises his fingers and give a go ahead for his slaves to do the same.

IMHO, Android in Iphone is not a distant dream. I feel that is the ultimate thing to happen. Best HW marries best SW.

After all, Android in Iphone is a win-win situation for Apple and Google.

Sorry, but if you are thinking that Apple will embrace Android, that dream will remain a dream forever. Thats a wrong understanding of Apple's core ideology. Apple is a closed ecosystem. They have always created their own operating systems to run on their hardware. They remain hush hush about the technical specifications of the hardware they use. Thats the part I hate the most about them.

And let me tell you, Apple and Google are not the best of friends. Over the years, the animosity between the two has only gotten uglier.. Android being a Google initiative,and an open ecosystem, that dream you are talking about will never turn to reality due to ideological differences.

Edited by Berryberry

No offence at all......

Same thing('not friends') has been said about Microsoft and Apple for long long time.

Eventually Apple started allowing windows in their systems.

In business, there is no permanent friend or enemy. It's all about profits.

Hold on my dear friend, come back after 2 years to this same thread, let us see what had happened then.....

Edited by kesav

I personally think lots of people say no are those who cant even afford it.. IMHO.

I would beg to differ on that, bro. For many its about ideology rather than the affordability thing.

In the US the iPhone4 16GB is available for a mere $199 on contract. Thats like 9000 bucks!

Many android phones cost as much or more than the iPhone4. But people do buy them.

Its only in 3rd world countries like ours, people are fooled to believe it is a 'premium' product, and that

naturally makes it a status symbol, when it is just another phone for people in developed countries.

Unfortunately, people in this country are too naive and gullible.They easily fall for such media created hype.

Edited by Berryberry

No offence at all......

Same thing('not friends') has been said about Microsoft and Apple for long long time.

Eventually Apple started allowing windows in their systems.

In business, there is no permanent friend or enemy. It's all about profits.

Hold on my dear friend, come back after 2 years to this same thread, let us see what had happened then.....

You have to understand that Mac OS and Windows are pretty much similar, in that they are both closed ecosystems.

There is a difference between what I meant, and your above example.My point was more about closed ecosystem vs open ecosystem.

To say Apple will embrace Android for its iPhone is like saying Microsoft will acknowledge Linux and accept it.

That hasnt happened since Linux came into the foray almost 2 decades ago, and probably never will. Not as long as Microsoft

is going strong and Linux doesnt start to seriously damage its market share (Though that has begun to happen.)

And even if one were to consider your 'Profits' point of view; Apple is already doing well with its iOS (In part thanks to the hype, and fascination of people with everything 'Apple',

no matter even if its a paper weight). There is no reason to even consider a move to Android (no matter how far-fetched

the idea itself sounds). Nokia might embrace Android sooner or later, because they are seriously in a mess with symbian.

But Apple is riding high on market share and isnt in the same position as Nokia.

So it doesnt need to take a step in that direction. Not now, not 2 yrs from now.

Edited by Berryberry

when it is just another phone for people in developed countries.

Unfortunately, people in this country are too naive and gullible.They easily fall for such media created hype.

U dont know this.. the other day out frind who is in US now.. said girls just goes flat on guys who owns Iphone.. lol..

Well about Ios and Andro its all different ballgame..

Iphone is revolution in mobile phone industry, and u love it or no.. but u have to praise them for what they did and achieved.

android see the light of this world just because of Apple, agar Ios na hota to aaj android na hota..

they jolted the whole industry kicking out couple of OEM out of business and laughing to OEMs like NOKIA (Otherwise considered industry leader)

I like ur view but go little deep and u come to know game changer is Apple and Apple alone..

Google came to rescue when they saw no one is able to compete iOS. and got huge success because of its open nature huge possibilities.

one things is there, apple set the standards for smart phone. others copy what apple makes. i hate apple because of its "controlling" approach.

i will say what microsoft did PC (years back), apple did for smartphones. now whatever we see like apps for various OSs, is because of apple. apple just opened doors for developers.

You have to understand that Mac OS and Windows are pretty much similar, in that they are both closed ecosystems.

There is a difference between what I meant, and your above example.My point was more about closed ecosystem vs open ecosystem.

To say Apple will embrace Android for its iPhone is like saying Microsoft will acknowledge Linux and accept it.

That hasnt happened since Linux came into the foray almost 2 decades ago, and probably never will. Not as long as Microsoft

is going strong and Linux doesnt start to seriously damage its market share (Though that has begun to happen.)

Dear friend, cool cool.....

Apple accepted Windows in their products is only due to their 'popularity' and has nothing to do with closed or open systems.

Android is Linux in 'technology' but it is like windows in 'popularity'.

Obviously, if Android continues the current speed then Apple has no other option but to accept Android as an option in addition to their iOS.

Another important thing, a business which grows will always try to growth further. By accepting Android, Iphones will only grow further and further in reach with 2 flavors and certainly Apple will mint out of that opportunity.

after all, 2 years is not too far....just, wait and watch......

well said..who knows how the world is changing !!!!! Even now Nokia and Microsoft joining hands....so we cant think like these things wont happen !

well said..who knows how the world is changing !!!!! Even now Nokia and Microsoft joining hands....so we cant think like these things wont happen !

That is because Nokia is in a mess and left far too behind because of its complacency and excessive reliance on Symbian.

You see, difficult times lead to difficult decisions.This is a do or die situation for Nokia.

Apple on the other hand is not in a vulnerable position like Nokia.They have no reason to move from iOS

to Android when they are enjoying a near market leading status. They will probably evolve and add more features to iOS

to stay in the fight with Android. Thats more like an easier solution than a radical move to a rival platform.

This way they get to keep their snobby noses held high, like they've always had.

A move to Android means acknowledging the superiority of Android over their iOS,

which, in their current industry leading position, they will never admit(Even if they know its true)!

Anyways, yeah..lets wait and watch. :winko:

i feel android is the real powerful platform only thing which is lacking in the android is teh support for the push service. because of that many enterprise oriented applications and many other features are not possible to add on android.

as a developer anyday i'll love the android over any currently available OS. but as a enduser i have to consider my usage and for that android will not fit to my usage requirnments.

^^^

Just point out one thing you cannot do with Android which Iphone or winmo can do, I am not ready to buy your words .

Android can do all.

Iphone4 just won "Best Mobile Device" at MWC.

what a joke!!!!

U dont know this.. the other day out frind who is in US now.. said girls just goes flat on guys who owns Iphone.. lol..

May be just bl0ndes :Riendo: ...

Iphone4 just won "Best Mobile Device" at MWC.

what a joke!!!!

Thats NOT a joke buddy... It is a MAGICAL device, which ON HOLDING THE DEVICE WRONGLY (as told by Jobs) IT MAGICALLY TRANSFORMS TO iPOD_TOUCH (iPod_Touch = iPhone - NETWORK) :rofl_200: :rofl_200: :rofl_200: and so got that award...

I would prefer android to any mobile phone OS (currently avilable) !

@KanagaDeepan - ROFL !! gr8 one !!

@ Kanaga that was a hilarious blonde joke :D

Apple is in fast track to launch the smarter Iphone 5 by June. Now who is going to take the costly Iphone 4 plunge?

Coming to comparing the iPhone and the Android. Yes the Android being open source (as of now) with tons of free apps, does rule. Well wanted to ask. Now that there are unlocked iPhones available for use on Reliance network (and I mean CDMA), is EVDO also enabled or is it possible to enable EVDO? All phones that I have seen on ebay all say no data as of now.