Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
phonegeek

Filing Income Tax Returns

Hi Guys,

Its July and all of us would be thinking about filing our Income tax return. Our Income Tax department provides the facility to file return online but the excel file provided by them is very confusing and its very difficult for common people to understand it. Due to this various websites have come up which provides the facility where users have to input all the information in step by step method in simple ways and they generate the Income tax return to be either filed online or in hard copy. Generally all these websites charge some amount depending on the ITR form.

I came across this website which is offering preparation of Income tax returns(ITR-1 and ITR-2) for today only. So dont wait till 31st July, go ahead and file your return and relax !

(ITR-1 and ITR-2 will cover Income from Salaries and House property)

Also I am opening this thread for the benefit of all my members here to out their queries related to Income Tax. I would try to answer all my queries to the best of my knowledge. I also urge other members who are in the CA profession to join me in this effort.

• Like 6

this site has a bug in the tax calculation system

It calculates "advance tax penalty" for the amount paid as self assessment tax . Usually the self assessment tax is paid at the time of filing the returns by the salaried people. Since its paid in the month of June / July , the system considers it as late payment and calculates penalty.

Otherwise its a great system . I used it , filed returns and got an acknowledgement receipt too

Saurabh thats so nice of you to open such a topic which can assist rim members and others for filing their ITR :clap: , hope others who have knowledge about this will join in too :SI:

this site has a bug in the tax calculation system

It calculates "advance tax penalty" for the amount paid as self assessment tax . Usually the self assessment tax is paid at the time of filing the returns by the salaried people. Since its paid in the month of June / July , the system considers it as late payment and calculates penalty.

Otherwise its a great system . I used it , filed returns and got an acknowledgement receipt too

You have to pay 30% advance tax by September (is it 15 ot 30 I am not sure0, 60% by December and full by 15 March. So interest may be chargeable. Also, the Ack you got should have been ITRV. You have to sign it (in blue) and post it without folding to the Bangalore address within 90 days, and wait for the e-ack, unless of course the return was digitally signed.

^ I agree. You may be liable to pay penal interest if you dont deposit tax on time as per the schedule. Filing of return is not linked with it.

Any step by step guides for filing returns online would be helpful

The website which I have mentioned in the first post gives you step by step guide to file return. Have a look.

You have to pay 30% advance tax by September (is it 15 ot 30 I am not sure

Advance tax for Individuals

30% - due date 15th September

60% - due date 15th December

100% - due date 15th March

Even if you pay the tax 1 day late, most of these softwares calculate the interest for full 3 months upto the next due date.

I have been filing online return through Taxsmile for the last 3 years. Plan to do same this year. However its a bit complicated this year so will fall on you guys for help.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

I tried to use investmentyogi and taxsmile both. And that is the reason I am still awake :)

However, I got confused at three things:

1. Investmentyogi calculates penal interest as described in post #2 while for the same data taxsmile is not doing so.

2. Bank Interest income of Rs. 3500 is getting exempted in Investmentyogi while that is not the case with taxsmile.

3. Donation under 80G gets 100% deduction in Investmentyogi but in taxsmile it gets 50% deduction.

I think I should go with the site where I have advantage :)

Edited by MOBILE FAN

^^^

2. Bank interest Income is taxable. At present it is not exempt and falls under Income from other sources. Though bank charges should be deducted from the Interest to arrive at Net Interest income.

3. Normally, donation will get 50% deduction only. Only some specified donations get 100% deduction.

^^^

If 2 and 3 are correct, Investmentyogi is using a logic from previous year. And in that case everyone should stay away from it.

Hello Folks,

Well, i was very much tensed about tax filing as this was my first year of income. I was totally confused from where to file the return. I tried to file the return from the income tax website, but couldn't complete due to lots of confusion. Then i have come to know about Investmentyogi from you guys. I tried it and to my surprise i have completed it in just 10 minutes. I never thought Tax filing so easy. I want to thank all you guys for letting me know about this.

:previous: Do you really need to post a fake experience review like that for self promotion? As per this blog on investmentyogi: http://www.investmentyogi.com/taxes/myths-about-e-filing-of-income-tax-return.aspx you are associated with them as you composed that blog. http://hyderabad.quikr.com/CFP-Study-material-self-study-W0QQAdIdZ73465999 : A person with MBA, CFP & CFA shouldn't be getting confused when filing the returns on income tax website.
  • Like 5

Kudos to Arun detective services !!

Wow Arun.. That was a real fast CID job done within minutes... detective.gif

Where is Genius ? I Want to borrow & present to you his Official Seal of Awesomeness.. thumb.gif

Hehe. Poor guy caught.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

+1 to Arun

Lol

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

is there any site where you can upload your form16 and not have to retype all the data?

many of the sites i visited required either a payment first before upload or asked you to email the attachments instead

i don't want any human intervention, just upload forms and refresh the data immediately [fully online - no offline]

i tried

http://easyitfiling.com/

but after entering a bunch of data and providing my email, password etc it timed out

then asked for a user id which was never set and is not the same as email since i tried it

i have of course emailed them but no reply yet...

Decepcionado.gif

AW%252520%252528Custom%252529.jpg

ARUN

Here u go - missed it y'da

is there any site where you can upload your form16 and not have to retype all the data?

many of the sites i visited required either a payment first before upload or asked you to email the attachments instead

i don't want any human intervention, just upload forms and refresh the data immediately [fully online - no offline]

i tried

http://easyitfiling.com/

but after entering a bunch of data and providing my email, password etc it timed out

then asked for a user id which was never set and is not the same as email since i tried it

i have of course emailed them but no reply yet...

Decepcionado.gif

As per this, they are providing the facility but it should be embedded by the employer while generating Form 16. So the employee can simply click on the button and his/her form 16 data gets auto filled on the website for further processing.

Other than that, I didnt find any website which is rendering seamless service which you have asked. If someone finds one, please enlighten others.

instead of depending on third party sites, download the excel utility from official income tax site http://www.incometaxindia.gov.in

select File Return Online > Income Tax Return

it will take you to the DIT site (site in under extreme pressure, may require multiple attempts to successfully load)

select e-filing AY 2011-12 > Individual/HUF

download relevant excel utility ITR1/ITR2/ITR3 etc.

fill in the details. (you need to have macro enabled)

validate all sheets individually. any error would be indicated.

click calculate tax

generate XML file

if you want to file online,

create a login ID in DIT site (if you don't have already)

login

select submit return > select assessment year > AY 11-12

upload XML file

get a print out and sed by normal post to their address.

i tried it but got stuck in their password requirements - they need a symbol which means i'll never be able to remember it!

all my passwords only have 'dash' which is not acceptable to the site!

talk about completely useless restrictions...

its astonishingly hard to find a good site for filing online.

i guess i'll stick with my CA doing the online filing for now.

how hard would it be to provide a password hint at all logins?

[not a secret question since many sites require your to remember the questions itself or type it in]

As per this, they are providing the facility but it should be embedded by the employer while generating Form 16. So the employee can simply click on the button and his/her form 16 data gets auto filled on the website for further processing.

Other than that, I didnt find any website which is rendering seamless service which you have asked. If someone finds one, please enlighten others.