Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
caringlover

ShopAndShip / PPO Box & other package forwarders

I bought a phone using GEB around 2 months back. The day when I placed order on GEB, I could still see the product listing on ebay.com.

The item was purchased only after 2 days by GEB..

Received the phone without box but packed in a nice package meant to protect phones..But original packaging was completely missing..

Oh. Yes. I tried placing order 3 times. All of it got cancelled.. :( so much waste of time.. They take so much time to buy, by that time US seller listing get out of stock... My last order cross checked with USA ebay site, it wasn't purchased for like 2 days..

Anybody tried buying from GEB in recent weeks. I'm planning to buy a M8, i suffered few time because of the order cancellations by i2c.

Don't buy if its from sellers like BestBuy as they usually do not ship to package forwarders and who place multiple orders. Individual sellers should be fine.

Did you find any good listings for M8, even I wanted to get one. :)

Anybody tried buying from GEB in recent weeks. I'm planning to buy a M8, i suffered few time because of the order cancellations by i2c.

Don't buy if its from sellers like BestBuy as they usually do not ship to package forwarders and who place multiple orders. Individual sellers should be fine.

Did you find any good listings for M8, even I wanted to get one. :)

http://geb.ebay.in/g/ImportHubViewItem?itemid=201359544241&HTC-One-M8-32GB-Gray-Android-OS-2-3-GHz-WIFI-FM-Radio-Sprint

17k with coupon.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Can you tell me which coupon you are using ?

Sent from my 0PCV1 using Tapatalk

Can you tell me which coupon you are using ?

Sent from my 0PCV1 using Tapatalk

check your mails from ebay, you will have 8% coupon with max discount of 5000/- .

Does that coupon also work with eBay.com ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does that coupon also work with eBay.com ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no

but that works with geb.ebay.com :)

I have used HSG to ship 2 of my phones but the shipment is stuck at Bangalore customs and the update I git from DHL is that it is detained by customs as it is used phone.

I need to get a clearance certificate from ministry of health for the shipment to be released.

Does anyone have any idea of what can be done now? Any help/guidance?

PPObox again in customs net this July. Professional importers need to be careful this month. Avoid used phones' import temporarily. Packages are delayed for a fortnight in NY hub but PPO does not themselves confirm its a customs issue.

My package stuck in ppo box NY since last 3 weeks. They are coming up with a new untenable excuse every day. I had a fear that they are trying to scam me by keeping the package themselves.

Didn't know that they are facing customs issue. To me they say you can contnue to import more there won't be any issue which i didn't believe. God knows what's the truth.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

My package stuck in ppo box NY since last 3 weeks. They are coming up with a new untenable excuse every day. I had a fear that they are trying to scam me by keeping the package themselves.

Didn't know that they are facing customs issue. To me they say you can contnue to import more there won't be any issue which i didn't believe. God knows what's the truth.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

They did call me and asked me to send ID and Address proof for customs clearance. They have also re-designed their website and have assigned new PPOBox numbers to previous account holders. However, three of my packages which reached NY early last week have all been delivered to me.

Edited by slightee

Is the custom issue been resolved? I am planning to import a used mobile through ppobox.

pls suggest

Is the custom issue been resolved? I am planning to import a used mobile through ppobox.

pls suggest

I would not be importing used phones any more. Customs are really getting very strict with used phones. Isn`t it illegal to import them?

I have bought an item from amazon.com (US) and given the New York address of shopandship for my account.

This is the first time I have used shopandship so I want to know if I need to inform shopandship about the order or do i wait till it shows up on the website ?

Issue resolved.i am importing through PPO smoothly.

Used PPOBox for a package and it was super quick. Package reached NY on Friday, Aug 14th was forwarded the same day and was shipped from Mumbai through BlueDart yesterday i.e. 18th. Customs was at approx 10% for a 50 USD mobile phone.

2a506c33c1dadf4799971076689e1ad7.jpg

Edited by varkey
  • Like 1

Hi!

Tried searching but could not exactly locate the problem and sorry if it has been replied before.

Anyways, I have imported a phone (Huawei P8Max) from AliExpress China, the phone was bought for $460 & I asked the seller to invoice it @ $180 (as Huawei P8Lite) for Customs and it was shipped thru FedEx was supposed to be delivered within 8 days but it is stuck at Customs Clearance for past 10 days. Last month as well, I imported a Tab with almost same buying price invoiced@low value and it cleared customs without delay but had to pay Duty of 3.5k.

Am ok with paying duty, am just worried that Customs may seize the phone. I have been contacting FedEx on daily basis and have submitted KYC docs thrice but every time I contact, they ask for same questions (Whether I have submitted KYC) and reply that they will revert within 24 hrs with no call back. My phone reached India (Bangalore Customs) on 4thSept and even today its not cleared. Just they have updated status to Goods are subject to regulatory review a

Any help on how long this will take and steps to resolve it, will be much appreciated.

If the goods get stuck in customs then there is no certainty how long it will take to clear. Once my package was stuck for almost 2 weeks without any fancy tricks like you did. If Kapil Sharma was part of this conversation he might have said "Customs ko mat samjho ullu, nahi to milega Baba Jee ka thullu"

Having said that, customs main Der hai, Andher nahi.. it will take some time / fine but you should get it eventually.

• Like 1

^Thanks for the reply but the question is how much will I have to pay duty. Even FedEx people have washed their hands off, their reply is that Customs officer has side lined it for open inspection and that the delivery date is out of their hands. Its been 3 weeks now since it landed in B'lore and I have given up on expecting it every day. If I get to pay duty of less than 5K, I will be very happy.

Der hi sahi durst aajaye to bus hai

Edited by Cashif Mohd

Fedex customs clearance is very bad with Bangolore. But UPS is very smooth for china items. (forget about how much they charge. But the clearing agent for UPS and PPO are very good for Bombay base). this is my experience with both fedex and UPS.

How much quantity we can import through ppo or ishop or any other forwarding company.? Is there any limitations..?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

How much quantity we can import through ppo or ishop or any other forwarding company.? Is there any limitations..?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

2 At a time in Single package/Day, If Want to go More than 2 , Need to declare Commercial formality, also need to pay commercial custom duty

MAY BE I WAS LUCKY. THRU ISHOP, IMPORTED CRICKET ENGAGE 8 IN A BOX . NO PROBLEM .MAY BE VALUE OF THE PHONES IS ALSO CONSIDERED, I AM NOT SURE

KANNAN