Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
anujit

Webmail enhanced version is back in R-World !

After many months I have been able to get into the webmail menu successfully. Usually it used to just give errors when I tried entering the webmail option.

Now I've been able to enter it and I was plesantly surprised to see Gmail in the list! Alas that doesnt work yet.... still errors!!!

Same thing with my vsnl.net mail... it says (and has been saying so ever since they tried to change the email page screens,colours & logos) - another connection is active or incorrect password... how one relates the two god knows!

Does anyone else face similar problems with their vsnl.net address?

Has anyone been able to log into their gmail accounts yet?

I had been trying to use my old webmail menu unsuccessfully the past three days. On a hunch today I reset the R-Menu and the new webmail menu came up when next I tried it. It took a while to load, saying "communicating with mail server ... " But when it did I noticed it had several new mail defaults but missed the fastmail default. I tried BSNL and Indiatimes defaults and they didnt work but the "Other mail account" seemed to work fine for me and I could access my fastmail account beautifully with that. What a delight it was to use the new mail software. I had been surprised when it had first came in for a short while and then vanished, taking the entire webmail facility inexplicably along with it. Using wap2mail from R-world Surf was a poor substitute.

Well, all I can say is, I am hoping the other defaults will start working soon enough now, that they will give us back the fastmail default, and that they arent going to take it away again tomorrow or anytime soon.

Now if only they could give us some acceptable and workable solution to yahoo and msn messenger connectivity.....!!

Is anyone listening there....????????

there a link to access your gmail on wap, but i think you will have to host it and only you can check your gmail a/c .

Yes I see all that Chandra but thats for WAP access as in if I go through the Surf option in RWorld!

Gmail must have some tie-up with RIM for providing this service FOC. As probably most of the the other vendors such as BSNL, Spymac, VSNL etc do.

It is not expected that a person who wants to access his Gmail through RWorld be expected to firstly have a computer and/or be aware of programs on third party sources like Sourceforge and be expected to do any crazy php programming before using his mobile for mail access! :grin::grin:

Does this make sense to you Chandra?

your can access indiatimes wap site from your rim phone.

its http://wap.indiatimes.com its has more details than wat the indiatimes r-world link has...

well as far as gmail is concerned... theres not programmin to be done your gotta upload the files to a web server (there are plenty available for free) and thats it ....

also see this link which ashok had posted its : http://www.rimweb.com/forums/index.php?sho...&hl=indiatimes#

Edited by chandramauli

GMail option doesn't seem to work, but all others including POP Accounts are working fine !!! :grin:

Arun: Do you have a vsnl.net address? Is that working? And have you ever received the kind of errors I have on that account?

No I havent checked vsnl account

Gmail has just started working since the past couple of days! :quest::lol::angry:

VSNL, Indiatimes nope still down.... :'( :'( :'(

Other pop mail works great now too!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: but doesnt save settings - which means I have to type in everything all over again!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Great News indeed.... By way is Rediffmail also working now!!...

I am able to save Other Pop email setttings... Please check that once again...

This is one great service by Reliance... Hope they never make it a paid one!!

Gmail has just started working since the past couple of days!7

ya gmail is working on RD2030 too. :quest: . i hav just checked it out.. it it seems buggy .

having no feature to access to gmail labels .. it is showin mails from other labels in inbox.. ! :clap:

prolly i wud be time b4 they correct such mistakes and make it really usable instead of being just a highlight feature ! :lol::angry:

No Swaroop thats a feature/flaw.

Gmail stores its files in one single location (lets call it a folder) and attaches various labels such as "inbox" "drafts" etc to it. Hence when you download your mail using pop - you get both yur inbox & sent items downloaded to your computer. Pop cannot download mails from any other folder apart from your inbox.

Similarly when you try to access your email using R-World Webmail it is using pop access and you see all your emails together!

RWorld has support for GMail in its Messaging | Web Mail

I tried it yesterday. It works but showed only 10% of all my emails. All the emails are in Inbox no use of labels etc. It adds this following line after the message.

--------------------------------------

You are receiving this email from RWorld - Web Mail service on Reliance India Mobile

--------------------------------------

Gonna test some more and post the results

Great!!! Was looking forward to this from a long time!!!

Now there is a new problem in webmail I am unable to save my username n password in BSNL and otther accounts( the last option of webmail) when I complained at *333 they say there is no option to save un and p/w now this is funny when I told I am able to save it in other accounts( like gmail and rediffmail) the reply i got was" it is your good luck that u can save in other accounts but we do not provide this service" after a lot of argument the call was supposedly transferrred to the senior person who also gave the same reply

I think the call is never transferred to a senior person (whether someone senior is there or not is a doubt) but just transferred to some other equally incompetent colleague

Has anybody else faced this problem please write about ur experience

Edited by Shabz

I am able to save my password without any problem for my Rediffmail and Gmail accounts.

But recently, Webmail is showing an error, RMS021 Request not processed. It is working occassionally only. Last time the application behaved like this, they downgraded to the old version. I hope they won't do it again !

Also, when I check any mail in Gmail account, the mail gets deleted from my Webmail then next time I login. Though the email is still there in my Gmail account when I login from the website normally !

I have NEVER been able to check gmail.

it says invalid username or password or another session maybe active.

rediffmail works fine sometimes. But for the past 2 days i have been getting many errors.

I would rather use WAP and goto http://mobile.rediff.com :rolleyes:

yeah, Rediff WAP mail is handy, but did you know that it wont display new mails, if you have received 999 mails in your inbox !?!

I have NEVER been able to check gmail.

it says invalid username or password or another session maybe active.

rediffmail works fine sometimes. But for the past 2 days i have been getting many errors.

I would rather use WAP and goto http://mobile.rediff.com :P

27698[/snapback]

Maybe activating pop3 on gmail.com settings will help.

How to do that?I thought that webmail menu in r world is just an empty link.I s rediff mail on the wap working?What abt yahoo?

I did activate POP mail in Gmail with the option to leave all mails in Gmail. Is anybody else using Gmail via webmail facing the same problem ?

rohitkumar, Webmail never has been an empty link !

Rediffmail on R-Surf has been working for a long time, anyway, Webmail's Rediffmail is cooler !

No luck yet for Yahoo Mail in both applications though