Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
joshm

Update Verizon Fascinate i500 to Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jellybean

LATEST UPDATE : USUAL DISCLAIMER applies i.e. flash on your own risk

ALL CREDITS TO TSM TEAM and NITSUJ - i have just shamelessly copied their post and links

[EH03] TSM Resurrection 2.0

*First things first. This is not comrom. That was a collaboration (at least on froyo) amongst 7-10 people, and the choice was made to include many aosp instead of their touchwiz counterparts. This rom uses mainly touchwiz apps (many of which are tw4). Future plans do include a comrom clone though. TSM has branched out and its members have worked featured across several devices and rom types: aosp, touchwiz, sense, blur, et all. redface.gif

**You will not find any claims that is the greatest rom ever, what you will find is a highly optimized and modded rom, different than anything else available on the i500 smile.gif**

Highlights:

*EH03
(Android 2.3.5)

*compatible with EH09/EI20/EH03 custom kernels (none included)

*deodexed

*zipaligned

*rooted with latest super user 3.0+ (chainsdd)

*busybox 1.19 (adrynalyne)

*SGS2 Touchwiz 4 Launcher
from TMO Version (not standalone tw 4.5 apk, this is full integrated into framework!)

*Reboot Options (recovery, reboot, download)

*CRT Screen On and Off animations

*Browser Tab Limits Raised from 4 to 8

*TSM Wallpaper Chooser App (cm-based)

*Davlik Heap is set to 80 (yes its a lot but it seems to cure many tsm parts issues)

*debloated of most verizon specific apps

*dialer defaults to *86 voicemail instead of vvm (djp952)

*appwidgetpicker (boombuler)

*overscroll glow (code from ei20)

*bookmarks removed from browser

*5 icon dock

*5 column app drawer

*download crutch to support more browser download types

*misc prop edits (max window events etc)

*removed low battery restriction on camera/camcorder (wont stop working > 15% batt life)

*wifi scan interval set to 120 seconds (15 by default)

*latest android market

*stay awake added back into settings

*full battery pop up killed

*slightly modded market ics keyboard added to rom

*location icon removed from status bar

*Numerous SGS2 Apps/Widgets replacing EI20 ones

-AnalogClock Widget (4 diff clocks to choose)

-BuddiesNow Widget

-DualClock Widget

-EmailWidget

-Gallery3D

-Days Widget

-Write and Go

-HomeControllerWidget

-vlingo voice controls (to revert back to google voicesearch, change in settings)

-Digital Clock Widget (sbrissen)

-MyFiles

-SamsungWidget_News Widget

-SamsungWidget_ProgramMonitor and Widget

-SamsungWidget_WeatherClock Widget

-TouchWizCalculator

-both sgs2 weather live wallpapers (beach, windmill)

*TSM Parts:

-12 Pulldown Toggles (selectable, scrollable)

-MIUI Battery

-Change Color In Battery Bar (new in 2.0)

-Hide Clock/AmPm

-Center/Move Clock

-Battery %

-Signal DBM

-Hide Alarm

-Hide USB Debugging

-Hide Signal

-Hide Battery

-Switch pulldown date/time

-Dialcode Hidden Menu

-Phone Answer Type (puzzle/aosp)

-Custom Carrier and Lockscreen Text

-enable volume wake

-disable lockscreens

-lockscreen timeout

-SGS2 music widget on all lockscreens

-lockscreen wallpaper

*10 Lockscreens

-Puzzle

-Glass

-Rotary

-Sgs2

-4 tab

-aosp

-Miui

-epic

-cm7 rings

-honeycomb

Screenshots

post-75231-0-82231000-1326392968_thumb.jpost-75231-0-75731200-1326392910_thumb.jpost-75231-0-79961200-1326392885_thumb.jpost-75231-0-67817300-1326392951_thumb.j

post-75231-0-21803500-1326392892_thumb.jpost-75231-0-00196000-1326392897_thumb.ppost-75231-0-43194300-1326392905_thumb.ppost-75231-0-57839700-1326392957_thumb.j

post-75231-0-76105400-1326392963_thumb.jpost-75231-0-64310400-1326392932_thumb.ppost-75231-0-20832800-1326392925_thumb.jpost-75231-0-72118300-1326392919_thumb.j

post-75231-0-62230400-1326392940_thumb.j

Downloads:

Roms:

Please make sure to read all the FAQ's and follow instructions when flashing custom firmware to your phone.

EH03

Resurrection V2.0 EH03 (full rom): http://www.multiupload.com/Y49CX1EGZF *1.10.12

md5: 9d598b5f068f9193a3b703037764a986

size: 189.11 MB

GAPP Package 1 *1.5.2012

(current as of date: includes google docs, google voice, gmail, voice search, and youtube installed to data/app..dont flash in same cwr session as rom)

Download: http://www.multiupload.com/S8XTHNHNA8

md5: DB7B8785457D765877F39062AFC5ED87

size: 7.86 MB

Instructions

Installing TSM Resurrection

1. Must be on TWGB already ( that means EH03, EI20, EH09 based ROM ) (can flash over superclean/geewiz/power washed with a data/wipe)

2. download rom and (optional) GAPP Package

3. move to your sdcard

4. boot into cwr

5. wipe cache/davlik cache (id say wipe data, but honestly most don't...it is a best practice though)

6. select install from sdcard

7. select rom .zip

8. reboot

9. wait 5+ minutes for phone to boot up (it takes awhile)

(continue on only if using gapp package)

10. Reboot to recovery after rom loads

11. Flash Gapp package

12. Reboot

Edited by joshm
  • Like 1

:previous:

Flashed this and the UI is exactly like SGS2 and the rom is pretty fast and responsive.

Thanks Joshm. Keep those updates coming.

Thanks Joshm, flashed this rom too. Due to some reason while using superclean the data speed was less than usual, May be my imagination, but the stock seemed faster, so was on stock until TSM Resurection. Flashed today, as of yet data same as Stock.

Just one question, is it possible to replace the market with the indian version market ? Thanks !

updates very nice. :)

but one thing not getting what is "boot into cwr"

Must be on TWGB. means can my phone support this. which I have update 2-3 days back. it is.....

hardware version I500.04

model SCH-I500

Firmware version 2.3.5

Baseband version S:i500.04 V.EH03

Kernel version 2.6.35.7

Build number SCH-I500.EH03

is anybody going to help me out....

regards

amit.

CWR means clockwork recovery mode

and yes your phone will support this update

• Like 1

updates very nice. :)

but one thing not getting what is "boot into cwr"

Must be on TWGB. means can my phone support this. which I have update 2-3 days back. it is.....

hardware version I500.04

model SCH-I500

Firmware version 2.3.5

Baseband version S:i500.04 V.EH03

Kernel version 2.6.35.7

Build number SCH-I500.EH03

is anybody going to help me out....

regards

amit.

yes

it means if you are on any of my recent posts like EH03 stock or Superclean then you are good to go

CWM means recovery > here the custom red recovery that i havce mentioned in the OP

just backup all data and apps > store the TSMresurrection and gapps package on ur SD card

switch off

press volup + vol down + power button together and u ll be in recover

wipe all 3

flsah the rom first

boot up

shudown

go in CWM again and flash the gapps

peace

• Like 1

LATEST UPDATE : USUAL DISCLAIMER applies i.e. flash on your own risk

ALL CREDITS TO TSM TEAM and NITSUJ - i have just shamelessly copied their post and links

[EH03] TSM Resurrection 2.0

<snipped>

Thanks Mate! its superb!

here is one thing what is means by CWR & CWM..... :ko2:

CWR = ClockWork Recovery

CWM = ClockWork Mod

• Like 1

As i understand you are now on EH03 rom. When you long press the power button you get options to silent mode, airplane mode, power off, reboot, recovery or download mode. Here just select the recovery mode it will take you to recovery mode and you will be able to flash the rom.

• Like 1

The other day I opened this thread at my friend's place to update his phone's rom & ghosh!! I could not find ODIN anywhere.. Went through many threads but all of them just mentioned ODIN tar file but no one posted link or attachment even on XDA. I had it on my PC but did not wanted to come to office just for 400kb file. Then somwhow I found it somewhere which I am attaching here for other forum members.

Request Josh or Mods to see if the same can be attached in 1st post or linked there for others...

Thanks...

Odin3 v1.7.exe

• Like 1

As i understand you are now on EH03 rom. When you long press the power button you get options to silent mode, airplane mode, power off, reboot, recovery or download mode. Here just select the recovery mode it will take you to recovery mode and you will be able to flash the rom.

hi Sliver,

when I am pressing the power button, it shows only 3 options.....

silent mode, airplane mode, power off. what u have said the other two option is not coming reboot & the recovery or download mode.

then I tryout the above Joshm's method.....

switch off

press volup + vol down + power button together it shows...

Android system recovery <3e>

Enter : ok key, select : vol up / vol down

reboot system now

apply update from sd card

wipe data/fatory reset

wipe cache partition

You have not installed clock work mod recovery...

Odin cwr file as per 1st post... Then only u can flash rom's zip file.

Android recovery is phone's default recovery where as cwm is custom recovery without which you cannot install custom rom.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

hi Sliver,

when I am pressing the power button, it shows only 3 options.....

silent mode, airplane mode, power off. what u have said the other two option is not coming reboot & the recovery or download mode.

then I tryout the above Joshm's method.....

switch off

press volup + vol down + power button together it shows...

Android system recovery <3e>

Enter : ok key, select : vol up / vol down

reboot system now

apply update from sd card

wipe data/fatory reset

wipe cache partition

dear as i can understand you are on EH03 Stock

and i strongly recommend you not to experiment anymore

the stock performed extremely well for me , so much so that i didnt want to update my ROM at all , but some custom features and to remove the random lags here and there i switched.

and as i can see you are not that well versed with flashing and all , i suggest use the Stock for a while and keep reading this thread , once u are sure that you have learnt it all then go ahead and flash the resurrection or SC

we dont want any bricked phones plz ..

regards

• Like 1

i agree with joshm. Now that you are on EH03 it is better if you dont experiment any further. You may brick your phone.

• Like 1

Thanak you joshm and Sliver for the advice.

ok. I am not going to any further.

and always keep reading this thread b'coz such a helpfull people like U here. Good bles U.

regards.

dear friends

how does TSM Resurrection 2.0 compare with superclean 3.0.5

i am on stock eh03 at the moment and would like to move one of the optimised one

one thing i want to know is battery performance of tsm Re2 (with cyanomod 7.1 battery was draining very fast compared to stock rom)

jasmin

dear friends

how does TSM Resurrection 2.0 compare with superclean 3.0.5

i am on stock eh03 at the moment and would like to move one of the optimised one

one thing i want to know is battery performance of tsm Re2 (with cyanomod 7.1 battery was draining very fast compared to stock rom)

jasmin

well i have used Superclean as well as TSM resurrection both , both are equally good , difference being resurrection is more fancier than SC , got the awesome TSM parts , a bit of theming which looks great and certain other tweaks and stuff.

Superclean is more stocky but totally optimized

I feel my fassy likes the SC 0.5 better than resurrection , and the backup is also great in SC as compared to resurrection ( its just wrt my fascinate )

I suggest if you are on stock then backup your data and apps , wipe all three ( data , cache and dalvik ) and then flash the SC0.5

give it like a week to settle then only you can find out how well its performing as far as battery backup is concerned.

ONE IMPORTANT THING : For all the Touchwiz users on fascinate Plz do reboot ur phone atleast once a day , so that it can work efficiently as TW interface tend sto kill the RAM randomly over a period of time making lags a regular feature ( even on highly optimized ROMs as well )

• Like 1

Hi Joshm,,

I have flashed my phone with Stock EH03 today morning. Can I directly go for SC 3.0.5? If yes, then what will be the procedure?

Hi Joshm,,

I have flashed my phone with Stock EH03 today morning. Can I directly go for SC 3.0.5? If yes, then what will be the procedure?

Yes you have to flash recovery first, then you can flash superclean. Thr are flashable recovery which you can flash via odin.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Edited by sunilromy
  • Like 1

I noticed that my voice is low when I talk to others on the phone and they cannot hear me clearly, seems like the EH03 flash has degraded my call clarity. Any way to fix it?

even i have this problem of people finding my voice getting cracked by many people

dont know whether it is related to EH03 upgrade

jasmin

My google talk will not show other people online. Is this again because of EH03? :P

even i have this problem of people finding my voice getting cracked by many people

dont know whether it is related to EH03 upgrade

jasmin

Yes there is some problem with voice quality these days, but i guess it is related to network problem not eh03. but you have option to judge by going back to other old stock rom and judge yourself. Let us know abt these too. ;)

My google talk will not show other people online. Is this again because of EH03? :P

no, Its working. I am using gtalk on EH03.

• Like 1