Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
joshm

Update Verizon Fascinate i500 to Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jellybean

@Joshm...thanks a lot mate you are doing a really great job. I really appreciate your work, especially you testing the rom thoroughly before posting it here and making sure that you upload the best available rom for us Rimwebian's. I was on geewiz rom the first time i flashed ics so that could be the reason why i faced touch problems. Next I flashed my phone with the stock EH03 rom with atlas pit via odin and then flashed the ics rom via blue recovery and it went on without any issues. The rom is very snappy. Its been a day now and I havent noticed any lags or force closes. Its perfect.

@ Amit : when u are flashing the stock EH03 in the PDA option, at the same time in the pit option select the atlas pit and side by side check the REPARTITION option

and hit start

• Like 1

@ Joshm : as you told, the procedure of flashing stock EH03 with Atlas pit. I have attach a screen shot of it before going to flash.

another thing after flashing this does it have the problem like, i face at the fast time, is the phone keeps looping in media scanning and keeps asking for language choice. and may be couple of question arises plz bear it.

also attach a screen shot of step no. 4.

plz tell me if any thing going wrong.

regards,

post-69747-0-89398500-1337245994_thumb.j

post-69747-0-98163600-1337246017_thumb.j

^ This happened with me when I had fascinate. If I remember exactly, it happens because the mobile no feeded in the phone may got erased in the process of upgrading. You need to downgrade, put the phone in diag mode and inject mobile no again.

@joshm can confirm it.

• Like 1

The first screen is correct,

And yes the lsnguage screen crap always happens when ur mdn aka cell no is not fed into the memory.

If you have already got it done then you prolly wont face the issue anymore.

From my utterly Fascinating I500 Fascinate :-)

• Like 1

Dear Joshm and friends

I am using Stock EH03 for the last couple of months without any problem provided by our Genius Joshm. Now my phone settings shows like

Hardware Version: I500.04

Firmware Ver: 2.3.5

Baseband Ver: S:i500.04 V.EH03

KErnel Ver: 2.6.35.7

Build NO: SCH-I500.EH03

going thru the posts i found the Geewiz rom is good. I want to switch my phone to this rom. SO what are the steps I needed to do. Please help. I also found some procedures regarding chaning the rom but i got confused... please help

1.. backup all data , and apps in ur phone : use my backup root , or titanium backup root or just use Super backup ( this only backs up sms , comtacts , and call logs - no apps - but its easy , apps can be downloaded again via market )

2.. Download following and store in ur SD card

GeeWiz 2.8 ROM (EDIFY Update-Zip)

http://www.mediafire...em-04162012.zip

MD5: 545bdaab587432b856a6b066ae2972d8

GeeWiz 2.8 Kernel (EDIFY Update-Zip)

http://www.mediafire...el-04162012.zip

MD5: f410e8135379295da7226f858336d2d8

3.. Turn off phone : Remove battery go to download mode and Flash the RED recovery with ODIN in PDA option

RED RECOVERY 2.5.1.x : https://www.rapidsha...LL-3-30-FIX.tar

4.. once this flash completes : put the battery back inside : reboot into recovery straightaway by pressing together VOL UP + VOL DOWN + POWER BUTTON

5.. once in recovery : wipe data : wipe cache : wipe dalvik cache ( simply DATA wipe will do alone as well )

and by using flash zip option : flash the geewiz 2.8 SYSTEM : and once it completes : flash the 2.8 kernel , in the same manner and in this same session.

6.. reboot and now you are on GINGERBREAD EH03 based ultra snappy geewiz rom which is totally clean and debloated and with the EH03 modem.

Thanks for Your reply Joshm

one more thing do i need to seperately backup My Phone settings like PPP Username and password, evdo settings, data settings etc. IF I do the above steps will my phone data connection will work?

Dear Joshm

I think My Phone is not rooted. When I installed My Backup Root it states that " Root required" Your device does not have root access. WHat i do to root?

Hi Parin, Hitesh, Josh and Maverick,

I confirmed with Reliance CC that EVDO is activated on my phone. I dumped the NVItems file given by Parin for EVDO again (for the 2nd time)..

It was all hassle free, but I still get 1X and not EVDO. What can be done?

Dear Joshm

I think My Phone is not rooted. When I installed My Backup Root it states that " Root required" Your device does not have root access. WHat i do to root?

Go here for rooting guide

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=855900

@ Joshm : thanx for simplifying everything. Is there any thing wrong with the step no. 4. You are not mention about it.

plz tell me if any thing wrong.:mellow:

regards,

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Who said there is anything wrong?

After flashing eh03 you should boot, shutdown, go in download mode and flash the mentioned recovery to proceed.

This is a tweaked recovery which helps flashing the ics builds

Dear Joshm,

I am talking about my 2nd screen shot. Which is about the step no. 4.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Hi,

Firstly, Thanks to all for the info on this thread.

I bought a Reliance mobile SCH i500 a few days back. Tried to update by trying out various methods in this post. However, I always used to get stuck at the Modem.bin stage in Odin. Then, I kinda bricked my phone and it didnt start up at all.

I found the Stock Froyo file yesterday (found it on this thread) and flashed it using odin (with Pit) and finally my phone started. However, when I do a factory reset, when it reboots, the wiping process starts. Here, I get an error of DB failed.

Before this, I tried many things on the thread: the various ROM's, the GB releases, the CWM's. Tried all the permutations and combinations, but could not get further than Modem.bin. ALso by installing the various roms, I don't know how much I have screwed up my phone.

Now after installing the Stock EH19, I'm facing a peculiar problem that every time I power off and then power on, my phone does a factory reset i.e. all my contacts and applications and settings are gone. Please help me out as to how to solve this.

If possible can you give me (or point me) to a step by step process so that I can clear up all the mess that I may have caused on my phone and get a fresh start with GB.

Im a newbie at this, so I really need some help.

Thanks in advance,

Kartik.

o ok

yes thats correct , thats how you ll flash the recovery after putting ur phone in download mode.

@ kki

we ll deal with the reset thing later :

first use a different port and different prolly new usb cable for the following flash

download the above mentioned

and flash the rom along with atlas pit

see if it boots properly ,

then you may have to just setup ur MDN in your phone using cdma workshop : this is pure guess , i havent faced this kind of an issue before .

@joshm

Thanks... Am downloading now. Will try and let you know.....

@joshm

Downloaded the files and flashed the rom along with the pit, but once again stuck at Modem.bin.

It dosent go further than that. I also tried using a different usb port, but the result is the same.

Thanks.

afaik its a hardware issue and may be totally unrelated to your phone ,

try flashing the same in a diff PC , or OS ,

or in this one reinstall samsung drivers , use a different cable plz , if this doesnt flash then you may try flashing the FC27 for now , its a stripped down ROM from C spire but should flash

or may be try flashing ed05

here are all fresh links with MD5

PIT File

DI01

DL09

ED05

EH03

MD5 Hashes

26e79e5b4d5d2dd8e043371567b26ee2 CI500_VZW_DL09_ECLAIR.tar.md5

75ff53ada8278a10149ceff756d7a42d CI500_VZW_ED05_FROYO_REL.tar.md5

89045064cf45ccd85f8ad746911b6e28 CI500_VZW_EH03_GB_CM.tar.md5

abf914c6249ee2ec4c15dcb3c7130068 DI01package3.tar.md5

e19af0ed8ee68c5e597d32328ec7b153 atlas_v2.2.2.pit

rest of the links like of ODIn and samsung drivers can be found in the thread.

Ok, downloading the files now. Tomorrow morning Ill try again. Thanks a lot.

@joshm

Downloaded the files and flashed the rom along with the pit, but once again stuck at Modem.bin.

It dosent go further than that. I also tried using a different usb port, but the result is the same.

Thanks.

I was exactly in the same position a few days ago as you are now. No rom either stock eh03 or custom rom worked. It never used to go beyond modem. bin. What I did to get out of this is mentioned below ( just brief description ):

1) update your mobile number in the dir section using CDMA workshop or dfs software. Be very careful while doing this.. .. if you skip this step your phone may go into the language selection loop. Also note down your min number and other numbers as in Reliance handsets it is not available in the menu. Be careful and just click on read in every section. Just make changes in dir number. (For details on this refer to Amittrotray's posts.

2) download geewiz 2.8 edify version rom and kernel from this thread and copy to root of SD card.

3) download red recovery.

4) install red recovery using Odin

5) insert battery and go to red recovery by using 3 finger technique

6) flash geewiz rom then kernel. Reboot

That's it. You should be on eh03 based geewiz rom.

Seniors please correct if I have missed out on anything. I have set my phone using this same procedure. Sorry Kartik I could not attach any files or links as I am typing this reply from my phone. All These files are available on this thread itself.

@joshm, As you have good experience, can you please tell me the fast and stable GB based ROM.

Geewiz 2.8 rom with 2.8 kernel

To have awesome. Experience use setcpu and and the min cpu to 200 instead of 100.

It ll become smooth as silk

• Like 1

@joshm

Thanks.

I was exactly in the same position a few days ago as you are now. No rom either stock eh03 or custom rom worked. It never used to go beyond modem. bin. What I did to get out of this is mentioned below ( just brief description ):

1) update your mobile number in the dir section using CDMA workshop or dfs software. Be very careful while doing this.. .. if you skip this step your phone may go into the language selection loop. Also note down your min number and other numbers as in Reliance handsets it is not available in the menu. Be careful and just click on read in every section. Just make changes in dir number. (For details on this refer to Amittrotray's posts.

2) download geewiz 2.8 edify version rom and kernel from this thread and copy to root of SD card.

3) download red recovery.

4) install red recovery using Odin

5) insert battery and go to red recovery by using 3 finger technique

6) flash geewiz rom then kernel. Reboot

That's it. You should be on eh03 based geewiz rom.

Seniors please correct if I have missed out on anything. I have set my phone using this same procedure. Sorry Kartik I could not attach any files or links as I am typing this reply from my phone. All These files are available on this thread itself.

Can you please let me know how to go about point 1.

Regards,

Kartik.

Geewiz 2.8 rom with 2.8 kernel

To have awesome. Experience use setcpu and and the min cpu to 200 instead of 100.

It ll become smooth as silk

Thanks buddy, will install it when I receive the handset......

Hi,

I was trying to Odin eh03 radio on my current setup (Geewiz rom & kernal with eh19 radio) but somehow it is just not finishing. It gets stuck at modem.bin. ThIs happens only with the Handsets bought from reliance. Has this something to do with the bootloader (locked /unlocked)???

Is there any way to flash the EH03 /FC27 radio using red recovery?

I also wanted to try out the AOKP's ICS rom but this thing is holding me back as i cannot load EH03 stock at all (modem.bin problem)

Edited by Maverick75