Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
joshm

Update Verizon Fascinate i500 to Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jellybean

Here is a full ODIN , yes its full odin package of GEEWIZ rom

has everything ,

ROM - geewiz 2.8

KERNEL - geewiz 2.8

MODEM - (eh03 )

Recovery ( geewiz recovery - you you like red recovery then you can flash it later as well )

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jft23n4h75x5lpp

This will do a full wipe of your data so backup data on whichever ROM you are ( except ICS - for ICS you should ideally flash eh03 odin with atlas pit and then over it this geewiz ODIN )

Hi,

I was trying to Odin eh03 radio on my current setup (Geewiz rom & kernal with eh19 radio) but somehow it is just not finishing. It gets stuck at modem.bin. ThIs happens only with the Handsets bought from reliance. Has this something to do with the bootloader (locked /unlocked)???

I also wanted to try out ICS but this thing is holding me back..

I am facing the same problem too.... Whatever I do, I am stuck at Modem.bin. Doesn't go further than that.... Please help...

has everything ,

ROM - geewiz 2.8

KERNEL - geewiz 2.8

MODEM - (eh03 )

Recovery ( geewiz recovery - you you like red recovery then you can flash it later as well )

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jft23n4h75x5lpp

This will do a full wipe of your data so backup data on whichever ROM you are ( except ICS - for ICS you should ideally flash eh03 odin with atlas pit and then over it this geewiz ODIN )

I have already tried to Odin this but it failed to go beyond modem.bin

I think there should be some more or different setting to be done for Reliance handsets.

Anyone knows ifchanging the boot loader will help?

@joshm

@Maverick75

I'm still not able to go beyond modem.bin in Odin with any other rom. I was able to load the stock SCH-I500_INDIA_EH19_KIES successfully, but the reset problem still persists that every time I restart the phone it resets to the factory settings. Is there any way to correct this?

Thanks in advance,

Kartik.

@ Joshm

is it need to be rooted for nandroid backup..?

waiting for your tutorial.

@ kki - i dont have no clue , apart from the fact that you should set ur MDN in your phone via cdma workshop, nothing comes to mind, try that

dial **87284

select modem in USB section > go back to main menu

open cdma workshop

after connecting the phone with PC > chk which com por it is connected to in device manager

then in cdma workshop select that com port in > come settings on main TAB and hit connect and then read

after that go to security tab > enter 000000 in SPC to unlock phone ( or any other code thats applicable if you know > hit spc > it ll tell you phone umlocked

dont do naything just hit nam tab > in Dir_Number enter your 10 digit mobile number > hit save > and reboot phone

your MDN will be written to phone memory

( sincere thankies to my dear Hetal Patel [ THE ULTIMATE ] - who taught me this about an year back - its just i was being so freakin lazy to write it all :P )

@ amit : yes ofcourse you ll have to be rooted to use the red recovery : otherwise without root , the red recovery will be over written by stock recovery

just flash the Su file in the OP , while you odin the red recovery and you ll be rooted fully ,

to make a nandroid backup just go to recovery > backup and restore > hit backup > and your full Rom will be backed up sans modem and kernel ( they cant be backed up via CWM )

the backup will be stored in a folder called clockwork mod in root of your SD card.

plz mind that due to a small bug all the backups will show a time stamp of 01-01-2000 so as soon as you make a backup - just boot phone and rename your backup appropriately by using any file manager.

• Like 1

@ kki - i dont have no clue , apart from the fact that you should set ur MDN in your phone via cdma workshop, nothing comes to mind, try that

dial **87284

select modem in USB section > go back to main menu

open cdma workshop

after connecting the phone with PC > chk which com por it is connected to in device manager

then in cdma workshop select that com port in > come settings on main TAB and hit connect and then read

after that go to security tab > enter 000000 in SPC to unlock phone ( or any other code thats applicable if you know > hit spc > it ll tell you phone umlocked

dont do naything just hit nam tab > in Dir_Number enter your 10 digit mobile number > hit save > and reboot phone

your MDN will be written to phone memory

( sincere thankies to my dear Hetal Patel [ THE ULTIMATE ] - who taught me this about an year back - its just i was being so freakin lazy to write it all :P )

Hi Joshm, Thanks for the help. Ive tried the same, but when I enter the SPC as 000000, it gives an error 'Device does not accept SPC, SPC is not correct'

Can you let me know how to proceed from here?

Regards, Kartik.

@ Joshm :

thanks for helping me out. but can't understand about the Su file(which one). and how it is flashed.

@joshm

@Maverick75

I did as you said with the CDMA Workshop. It initially wouldn't take the SPC as 000000. So I used ConnectBot from google shop and got my SPC number. It worked then, and I entered the SPC, unlocked the phone. I was using CDMA Workshop v3, so found it difficult to go about it (I don't know if I screwed things up). Later downloaded v2.7 and did as you said (changing the Dir_number to my mobile number) and clicked 'Write'. But still I'm facing the same factory reset problem!

1. Can you let me know about the other settings in the CDMA workshop (For e.g. in the NAM Tab) so that I can check if mine are ok. Alternatively, the reliance prl file?

2. For the factory reset problem, if I want to start from scratch and install the stock reliance rom again, do I only install the SCH-I500_INDIA_EH19_KIES file with atlas pit in odin, or do I have to do something before that (like the recovery, kernel etc)?

Thanks a lot once again guys,

Kartik.

@ amit : download this

http://www.mediafire.com/?38vozx7n37u02a5

place it in the root of SD card

turn off phone

flash the red recovery

dont reboot

with three fingers go in recovery and flash this super user file from with recovery.

this will root your phone.

@ kki : I am so sorry for your ordeal mate ,

for now i suggest you simply flash the EH19 tar file through ODIN ( with PDA option )

there is n need of Atlas pit if you havent tried any ICS builds lately ( which i am sure you havent )

if EH19 works well then you should flash the red recovery via odin

and root the ROM with the above mentioned directions that i have given to AMIT

once done you should download and place geewiz 2.8 Rom and 2.8 kernel - Recovery flashable edify scripts in your sd card

and flash then one after the other via recovery

for reference use this link

• Like 1

Those who are facing odin stuck at modem.bin or other flashing problems for Reliance Version of i500, try the following method and report if it's successful.

• Keep any Anti Virus product you have on your PC disabled while you do anything in CDMA Workshop or ODIN.
  • Try using Windows XP instead of Windows 7. (32 Bit version preferable for either)
  • Always run CDMA Workshop or ODIN as administrator user in windows.
  • Find out original SPC of your Reliance i500 as mentioned in post 309. Once you do that and unlock the phone in CDMA Workshop by sending it, then again send SPC as 000000 and write. Then from CDMA Workshop, reset the phone. It should reboot.
  • From CDMA Workshop check if it is now unlocking the phone by sending SPC as 000000.
  • Remove battery and micro SD card from fascinate before flashing. Keep it removed. Never mind, it will take power from USB cable later.
  • Open ODIN as administrator user.
  • Keep whatever key combination on fascinate PRESSED which you use for putting it in Download Mode. While doing that, NOW connect the USB Cable to phone and PC. You should get download mode icon on Fascinate and ODIN should recognize phone on the given port. (If possible use any other USB data cable from Nokia or blackberry. Samsung OEM cables which come with phone many times create problems. Still if you don't have another one handy, try once with the original cable and above process.)
  • Now do whatever process you need to do in ODIN.
  • While doing so remember Shree SiddhiVinayak DADA or whichever GOD you believe in. :grin:

• Like 2

Haa haa , i must say , we always forget to mention the most basic rules of flashing ;)

and the points made by Rajan M are indeed extremely important and totally elementary before doing any kind of fiddling with your phone

Thanks mate

god bless

@rajanmehta

Thanks. I tried the same, but when I try to change the SPC to 000000 (after unlocking by the actual SPC), it does not accept and gives an error 'Device does not accept SPC, SPC is not correct. Device may not respond during 10 seconds'

Regards,

Kartik.

@ Joshm.

Thanks a lot. god bless.

regard,

dear joshm,

a little confusion here. in the previous post what you are mentioned is that called red recovery,

@ kki_cdma

try SPC : 468346. some where I read it.

@ amit : download this

http://www.mediafire...38vozx7n37u02a5

place it in the root of SD card

turn off phone

flash the red recovery

dont reboot

with three fingers go in recovery and flash this super user file from with recovery.

this will root your phone.

for now i suggest you simply flash the EH19 tar file through ODIN ( with PDA option )

there is n need of Atlas pit if you havent tried any ICS builds lately ( which i am sure you havent )

once done you should download and place geewiz 2.8 Rom and 2.8 kernel - Recovery flashable edify scripts in your sd card

http://www.rimweb.in...240#entry262454

I did all of the above as you mentioned. After flashing again the stock reliance tar, I flashed both geewiz 2.8 rom and kernel (after the su flash). However now I'm stuck at the boot screen of Verizon wireless.

At least there is some kinda progress... for the first time I see Verizon instead of Reliance :)

@rajanmehta

Thanks. I tried the same, but when I try to change the SPC to 000000 (after unlocking by the actual SPC), it does not accept and gives an error 'Device does not accept SPC, SPC is not correct. Device may not respond during 10 seconds'

Regards,

Kartik.

Try changing SPC to 000000 through QPST Software. In that check whether SPC Change allowed box is enabled.

Warning: One wrong step in QPST and it may mess up your other service programming completely and render the phone unusable for service temporary by messing up other parameters. You should do it only if you know what you are doing and able to recover from that. You have been warned.

http://www.rimweb.in...240#entry262454

I did all of the above as you mentioned. After flashing again the stock reliance tar, I flashed both geewiz 2.8 rom and kernel (after the su flash). However now I'm stuck at the boot screen of Verizon wireless.

At least there is some kinda progress... for the first time I see Verizon instead of Reliance :)

joshm,

Nothing else worked, so I again flashed only the stock reliance tar. Now at least I have a working phone, although with the factory reset problem.

In case I want to take it to Samsung service (I bought the phone just a week back), what do I have to do in advance.

Will they know I have played around with it?

Regards,

Kartik

dear joshm,

a little confusion here. in the previous post what you are mentioned is that called red recovery,

Strange we have been talking about red recovery since the day one of this thread and now after doing so many flashes you are asking this :doh:

have a look at the OP its been highlighted there in BOLD.

here is the download link : http://www.mediafire.com/?dyww88yhbhj3cgd

dear joshm,

@ kki_cdma

try SPC : 468346. some where I read it.

Thanks, amitroutray,

I got the SPC by downloading ConnectBot from the Google Market. On installing and running it, it gave me a looooong list of parameters. Within that, I got the SPC. Mine was different.

Regards,

Kartik.

@ kki : dont worry if EH19 was reliances's official release for this phone then you should worry , take it them .

did u try flashing the Geewiz 2.8 Rom and kernel via CWM as i suggested coxz that can solve your issue i guess.

just flash it over Eh19 -

root the phone as i have mentioned above and flash the geewiz Rom and kernel

has everything ,

ROM - geewiz 2.8

KERNEL - geewiz 2.8

MODEM - (eh03 )

http://www.mediafire...jft23n4h75x5lpp

@joshm, can you tell me the md5 for the above file?

I am on via phone.

Will update tomorrow if i get time

From my utterly Fascinating I500 Fascinate :-)

SPC is different for every phone...

Anyone facing missed call issue with geewiz? I'm getting 3-4 missed calls daily which won't ring but I'd just get notification...

my current version is attached...post-64662-133753504134_thumb.jpg

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Edited by hiteshkkk1